Thoughts on Wonder Woman from Crisis on Two Earths(2010)?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ganon15

^

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

She's a character.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fight with super woman was epic no lie. I liked her though no lie she kept it real.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

She's a character.

What are your thoughts on this character?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@jaken7 said:

She's a character.

My thoughts were: "Umm...yup, that's Wonder Woman."

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ganon15

@jaken7 said:

@ganon15 said:

@jaken7 said:

She's a character.

No Caption Provided

..Did you like her portrayal at least?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@jaken7 said:

@ganon15 said:

@jaken7 said:

She's a character.

No Caption Provided

..Did you like her portrayal at least?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FoamBorn

She was portrayed well here. It was by no means exceptional or special, but it was satisfyingly good.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ganon15

@foamborn said:

She was portrayed well here. It was by no means exceptional or special, but satisfyingly good.

Oh I thought it was arguably the best she's ever been portrayed in animation, better than the DCAU Wonder Woman for sure

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

Oh I thought it was arguably the best she's ever been portrayed in animation, better than the DCAU Wonder Woman for sure

There's just never been a stellar Justice League or Wonder Woman animated film, they've all ranged between rubbish and good imo.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: So what were your likes and dislikes about this particular WW?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

I didn't really dislike anything but I didn't think the film was fantastic either. For me DC comics lack human dynamics. They never smile , we rarely see them off duty, it's hard to connect with them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@ganon15 said:

There's just never been a stellar Justice League or Wonder Woman animated film, they've all ranged between rubbish and good imo.

Umm...

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Umm...

I didn't like the relationship with Steve. For me it was not in good taste to pair an 18 year old Diana who had never seen a man before with a clearly more matured man that sounded like a condescending douchebag sometimes. And then he changed her convictions.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@jaken7 said:

Umm...

I didn't like the relationship with Steve. For me it was not in good taste to pair an 18 year old Diana who had never seen a man before with a clearly more matured man that sounded like a condescending douchebag sometimes. And then he changed her convictions.

But that's faithful to the comics.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

But that's faithful to the comics.

Steve could've been younger and a mite less condescending too though

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZhuRong

@foamborn: Yeah, I agree. This was one of the better portrayals of her and I think Doom was close too. It just seems Wonder Woman is never portrayed as outstanding in animation. She seems to be mediocre or decent.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not bad but they made her seem very weak.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis said:

not bad but they made her seem very weak.

How??

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CSG_CL

@herrweis: she took down Superwoman who went toe to toe with Superman ... Of course all of the animated films glorify Batman so it's never easy to judge how powerful the other characters really are. But I'd say she's well portrayed in this film compared to the other JL films. Her personality as both compassionate (she was the one to insist they put aside mistrust and help) as well as her warrior side were present. I hope we see the N52 head closer to this version.

I also liked the WW animated movie version. She was a solid characterization of a young, somewhat naive woman who ventures out and matures into a smart woman. It's too bad a sequel will never happen as I think they could have explored her character a lot more and it would have been cool to see her power set grow as well.

As to people's comments on the age difference with Diana and Steve, I don't think it was that bad. She was more like 25 in this version and he was maybe 30 or so... They didn't have a truly romantic relationship, rather a hybrid of classical, GA relationship and Post-Crisis older brother relationship. and it's patently ridiculous to make a statement like she changed her convictions. She grew up and realized that the world has more than one point of view and that it is prudent to consider these POVs when you are going to be living in their society.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ganon15

@csg_cl said:

@herrweis: she took down Superwoman who went toe to toe with Superman ... Of course all of the animated films glorify Batman so it's never easy to judge how powerful the other characters really are. But I'd say she's well portrayed in this film compared to the other JL films. Her personality as both compassionate (she was the one to insist they put aside mistrust and help) as well as her warrior side were present. I hope we see the N52 head closer to this version.

I also liked the WW animated movie version. She was a solid characterization of a young, somewhat naive woman who ventures out and matures into a smart woman. It's too bad a sequel will never happen as I think they could have explored her character a lot more and it would have been cool to see her power set grow as well.

As to people's comments on the age difference with Diana and Steve, I don't think it was that bad. She was more like 25 in this version and he was maybe 30 or so... They didn't have a truly romantic relationship, rather a hybrid of classical, GA relationship and Post-Crisis older brother relationship. and it's patently ridiculous to make a statement like she changed her convictions. She grew up and realized that the world has more than one point of view and that it is prudent to consider these POVs when you are going to be living in their society.

No Caption Provided

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@ganon15 said:

I didn't really dislike anything but I didn't think the film was fantastic either. For me DC comics lack human dynamics. They never smile , we rarely see them off duty, it's hard to connect with them.

This has been a major misconception of DC heroes for a while. These characters haven't been unapproachable gods in decades.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FoamBorn

@agent_z said:

This has been a major misconception of DC heroes for a while. These characters haven't been unapproachable gods in decades.

If it's been a "major misconception" then perhaps it's not a misconception

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I liked her. Not so sure I liked the way she was drawn though. Oh and also mainly because of this

Loading Video...

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much sparked my interest in Wonder Woman that and her animated film.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ganon15

I liked her. Not so sure I liked the way she was drawn though. Oh and also mainly because of this

The way I see it, her design in this movie was essentially the 2009 movie design with a few tweaks:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ganon15: Not really the costume, it's just the way her face and hair was drawn, just something really bugged me about it in the film.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

As the biggest Ultraman fanboy I didn't like the way he was portrayed in that movie.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the biggest Ultraman fanboy I didn't like the way he was portrayed in that movie.

Well what about Wonder Woman?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@ganon15 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Let me go back and see the movie

*2 hours later*

Yup, she was there

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ganon15

@ganon15 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Let me go back and see the movie

*2 hours later*

Yup, she was there

No Caption Provided

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@agent_z said:

If it's been a "major misconception" then perhaps it's not a misconception

Clark Kent: has friends and family he regularly interacts with. Has a regular nine to five job.

Bruce Wayne: Has adopted numerous orphans into his home.

Barry Allen: has a day job as a forensic investigator. Also has a rep for being one of the nicest superheroes around.

Hal Jordan: Has a fairly active love life and frequents drinking establishments with friends.

Diana: Dated Steve Trevor. Was an amabassador which requires a great deal of interaction with people.

Those are just the ones I can name at the top of my head.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FoamBorn

@agent_z: Yeah but for me there's not enough emphasis on the human side of them and the vicissitudes of life, on the trials and tribulations of their non-superhero selves, we rarely get a glimpse of their personal lives on a more intimate level, they almost never smile or do mundane stuff like hanging out in pubs or something. They don't come across as normal people with a double life but more like Superheroes with a semblance of a normal life. Look at Superman/Wonder Woman, all we've gotten out of that were Soule's half-baked, pathetic attempts are romanticism.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CSG_CL

@foamborn said:

@agent_z: Yeah but for me there's not enough emphasis on the human side of them and the vicissitudes of life, on the trials and tribulations of their non-superhero selves, we rarely get a glimpse of their personal lives on a more intimate level, they almost never smile or do mundane stuff like hanging out in pubs or something. They don't come across as normal people with a double life but with like Superheroes with a semblance of a normal life. Look at Superman/Wonder Woman, all we've gotten out of that were Soule's half-baked, pathetic attempts are romanticism.

No Caption Provided