This is the chance to make Circe her top villain

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So many opportunities have been wasted for her villains so far in the New 52. Ares is gone and probably isn't coming back. Same goes for First Born. Cheetah is stuck with the Jobber Squad now. Giganta is pretty much a nobody now. Circe is the only legitimate challenge left for Wonder Woman so writers should take advantage.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Lapetus titan from Deathstroke #8 seem like a legitimate challenge. I think they should start using Titans and lesser Gods as WW villains. Also make up some new demigods, we all know the gods of Olympus couldn't keep it in their pants, I'm sure there are tons of them running around, hating on her because the favoritism she gets. Use that as a story line.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So many opportunities have been wasted for her villains so far in the New 52. Ares is gone and probably isn't coming back. Same goes for First Born. Cheetah is stuck with the Jobber Squad now. Giganta is pretty much a nobody now. Circe is the only legitimate challenge left for Wonder Woman so writers should take advantage.

Thing with WW is that they can just throw her any mythological being and cal it her enemy. But yeah Circe can become her main.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

That Lapetus titan from Deathstroke #8 seem like a legitimate challenge. I think they should start using Titans and lesser Gods as WW villains. Also make up some new demigods, we all know the gods of Olympus couldn't keep it in their pants, I'm sure there are tons of them running around, hating on her because the favoritism she gets. Use that as a story line.

Again? I'm sick of mythological threats. At least Circe is part super-villain.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don´t think she´s good enough or has organic enough a relationship with WW for it to stick. Honestly they need to bring Ares back. That simple.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: They can make her be like Loki. As much as I love Ares but he isn't really a villain anymore. He had a lot of respect for Diana and plus he is dead. However, I had a idea that Circe could resurrect Ares with chaos magic.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grail is somewhat a new WW villain if that counts for anything.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jphulk26

@somayareece said:

@jphulk26: They can make her be like Loki. As much as I love Ares but he isn't really a villain anymore. He had a lot of respect for Diana and plus he is dead. However, I had a idea that Circe could resurrect Ares with chaos magic.

That would be good, so Ares can take his proper place as her archnemesis. Everytime I think Circe, I just think Supergirl the movie and her villain the witch in that movie. Its an ineffectual power to have against a super strong, powerhouse like WW, bc magic is to undefined. She can do anything, plus there is no organic relationship in which Circe challenges WW on some philosophical or psychological level. I like Circe, but not as ww main villain. Maybe 4 or 5th, but not her main one.

I´d love to see her in the movies though. I think paired with Ares is a bit much. I´d like to see a human paired with Ares, someone Steve Trevor can take out. I think Circe would be great to tag team with Cheetah given her ability to turn humans to beasts or even better with my fav Alkyone, which unfortunately will never happen.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Does her main villain have to be a female? All of the history with Circe, Cheetah, et al seems a bit limited. I'm not sure what the current Vandal Savage arc is (if there is one), but I'd vote for him as Wonder Woman's Lex Luthor. Vandal is, for such a briliant character, the most under-utilized awesome villain in DC.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc said:

@somayareece: Does her main villain have to be a female? All of the history with Circe, Cheetah, et al seems a bit limited. I'm not sure what the current Vandal Savage arc is (if there is one), but I'd vote for him as Wonder Woman's Lex Luthor. Vandal is, for such a briliant character, the most under-utilized awesome villain in DC.

he´s not a ww villain and he´s too much like ares. I´d like WW Ares, like he was in Ruckas run to be a lot like Randal. I do like the character though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc said:

Does Superman's main villain have to be a male? Does Batman's main villain have to be a male? It works both ways and I don't know why gender matters. People already think Diana is emasculating men by kicking their ass. Couldn't Vandal kill Diana with the right amount of prep? Seems more fitting as a JL villain.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JBBuc

@somayareece: Yeah, I think a male hero's top villain should be a man. I would notwant to see Batman going all out on Catwoman or Superman punching Killer Frost's lights out. But I don't think WW's rival HAS to be a woman. A character like Savage would be an enormous threat and would elevate WW's game. Defeating him would take more than making a big fist and swinging as hard as she can. Savage's cunning, genius and immortality would challenge her on every level. That's what I'd like to see, anyway.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Agent_Z

@jbbuc: All that stuff you mentioned for Savage could be and has been done with Circe.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With current awful creative team, they can't make anything work. I'm just counting day till Earth 1 volume is released. Maybe they'll release a mini series when movie comes out with a competent creative team.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jphulk26

@jbbuc said:

@somayareece: Yeah, I think a male hero's top villain should be a man. I would notwant to see Batman going all out on Catwoman or Superman punching Killer Frost's lights out. But I don't think WW's rival HAS to be a woman. A character like Savage would be an enormous threat and would elevate WW's game. Defeating him would take more than making a big fist and swinging as hard as she can. Savage's cunning, genius and immortality would challenge her on every level. That's what I'd like to see, anyway.

again all the things your saying is the same for her own villain ares. why taske jl villain and artificially make him ww´s villain for her first movie. it makes no sense. plus vandel is way too weak for ww.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
@jbbuc said:

again all the things your saying is the same for her own villain ares. why taske jl villain and artificially make him ww´s villain for her first movie. it makes no sense. plus vandel is way too weak for ww.

Either I misunderstood the Op or you did. I am not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the comic, if Ares is not going to be that role. I'd rather it be sadistic, immortal, million year old combat master Vandal Savage than sorceress with shaky motives and questionable back story Circe.

As for Vandel being too weak for WW, that doesn't stop Lex from taking it to Kal El. You think Vandal is to weak for Wonder Woman but is better suited to be a villain for the entire justice league? I don't follow.

Giving WW a personal vendetta against Savage would elevate them both, IMHO.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Strife I actually like hope to see more of Strife in the future. Or Circe, not that I actually cared about her..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc said:
@jphulk26 said:
@jbbuc said:

Either I misunderstood the Op or you did. I am not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the comic, if Ares is not going to be that role. I'd rather it be sadistic, immortal, million year old combat master Vandal Savage than sorceress with shaky motives and questionable back story Circe.

As for Vandel being too weak for WW, that doesn't stop Lex from taking it to Kal El. You think Vandal is to weak for Wonder Woman but is better suited to be a villain for the entire justice league? I don't follow.

Giving WW a personal vendetta against Savage would elevate them both, IMHO.

bc with the JL it´s easy for him to get more physically powerful villains as henchmen to do his dirty work. With WW either you can take her or you can´t. And she´s got so many human villains I think worthy of developing anyway.

As for Lex, quite honestly I´ve always found it stupid he isn´t demoted a bit in Supe´s rogues gallery… As far as I´m concerned Braniac is superman´s true archvillain or at least it should be both Lex and Braniac, I love when they work together for instance. Lex by himself is great, but in the end it´s always an anticlimax with him bc in the end he can´t fight Superman. Superman always has to hold back with him.

I just don´t want old superman or batman villains being adopted into wonder woman´s mythology, randel is great, I love him as a villain, but the only thing he has in common with ww is he´s immortal. I don´t see any real organic connection between the characters at all.

DC has this weird habit of making the archvillains weaker than the hero and it´s never made any sense to me. You need an archvillain like The Joker or Red Skull or Galactus or Magneto or Dr. Doom who can actually stand up to the hero in everyway, epsecially physically. I think that´s half the reason Superman has never grown as a movie franchise. The overuse of Lex (who works better in the comics) rather than introducing Braniac, a villain who can actually take Supes for real. It´s also the same with Cheetah and WW. Cheetah is a fantastic villain, but why have her as WW´s archvillain, when everyone can see Ares makes so much more sense? How is it DC seems to be the only guys who can´t see that? Even the makers of Injustice Gods Among us chose Ares as ww´s most suitable villain for the game. Doesn´t that say something? And yes he´s also better than stryfe, who also sucks.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuasarPrime

There are many web sites out there stating how Diana doesn't really have a "rogues gallery" if you will, at least not one since the Pre-Crisis stories as large as her contemporary male counterparts Superman and Batman. Indeed many of those Pre-Crisis villains aren't around now.

Wonder Woman does have Ares, other gods and goddesses and basically Cheetah. Diana does need more "main" foes. Some should even be super-strong and at times, get the upper hand. I like Giganta for this reason, plus in the DCU, she is unique.

Two more villains who are both super-strong and very-close-to Wonder Woman in terms of abilities and powers are .................................................................................................................................................................................

Nubia and

Superwoman (of the Crime Syndicate).

Not sure if they are around in the NU-52 though, but both can give WW a hard time and with good writing, at least help to fill in the Rogues Gallery until more new enemies can be created.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Someone said Strife is terrible :(. They prefer Ares over him. I don't remember who it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I wasn't fully aware of that. Thanks for the info. I think I do remember the initial Nubia being affectionately called the "Black Wonder Woman" when she first appeared, but I didn't know that she really WAS Wonder Woman in one dimension.

Another interesting fact is that Superwoman is the evil version of Wonder Woman!

Nubia, SW and WW are all very equal in powers and skills and abilities, and yet, all three are also quite different and possess different skills and abilities. That is why I think it would be a great idea for those 2 women to be added to Diana's Rogues. I really can't believe writers never came up with that idea themselves long ago.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@quasarprime: Tbh, I think that SW or some evil version of WW who was literally the anti WW and represented everything WW wasn't should've been made her #1 a long time ago. I know Ares was like this to WW, but I would've perfected someone who was almost equal in everything to WW. Stemming from that phrase "You are your own worst enemy".

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Maybe they're saving her for when Scott Snyder does her 75th Anniversary story! Hahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It gets no better than this

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ultra_beleco

I disagree. Circe is the type of enemy that is a global threat (Or at least should be) and should be compared to Batman's Ras Al ghul and Superman's Brainiac for example.

Cheetah is the personal villain/nemesis that is far from being the most dangerous yet is problematic for personal reasons like Batman's Joker and Superman's Lex Luthor.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_beleco: Ra's and Brainiac are still Batman and Superman focused enemies. And it has been personal fro them as well. Brainiac shrunk Kandor and Ra's is the father of a woman Bruce is attracted to.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z said:

@ultra_beleco: Ra's and Brainiac are still Batman and Superman focused enemies. And it has been personal fro them as well. Brainiac shrunk Kandor and Ra's is the father of a woman Bruce is attracted to.

Yet, they don't appear in Metropolis and Gothan as often as Lex or Joker and in a lot of their stories superman and Batman need help from the rest of their family and sometimes even other heroes. My point is, they are the villains that when appear things gonna get heavy and are not easily defeated, I see Circe as that character that can pose a threat to Wonder Woman that takes more than what it takes to defeat her other vilains.

Just like X-men deal often with Magneto but they have a lot more trouble against Apocalypse.

When I say that, it doesn't mean I think they are less important or worse character, but they more seen as nemesis than global menaces.

No Caption Provided

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to see her play a big role in the movies. Maybe not outside the Wonder Woman franchise, but possibly the big character out of the whole trilogy. My thinking is the first movie has Ares as the main villain, and Circe it kinda a side kick. The second movie has Cheetah as the villain, but at the end it will be reveled that Cheetah was actually working for Circe the whole time. Finally in the third movie Circe will step up as the lead villain, and I'm thinking it will be an adaption of War of the Gods, but instead Circe will just start a war between Olympus, and New Genesis rather then involving all the pantheons.