Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Super-Wonder
No Caption Provided

I was the only child born on an island of Amazons.

Please forgive me if this little issue has already been griped about (I'm just getting caught up on my JL reading) but inconsistencies like this drive me nuts. While I usually enjoy Johns's writing This little bit about being the only child born on an island of Amazons is baffling to me. Don't these guys read what's going on in the solo title books!?! There are multiple points of reference to establish that . . . NO . . . she wasn't the only child born on an island of Amazons! The following images are from Wonder Woman 0, and Wonder Woman 7, clearly contradicting Johns' caption box above and published nearly 3 years before the Darkseid War was even an inkling in his mind. . . .The Image above comes from Justice League 41.

Wonder Woman 0
Wonder Woman 0
Wonder Woman 7
Wonder Woman 7
Wonder Woman 7
Wonder Woman 7
Wonder Woman 7
Wonder Woman 7

I know that editorial has a lot on their plate but this is a egregious error. Can there be at least one Wonder Woman Fan sitting at the helm of these creative decisions? I just don't get it, does anyone have an idea of how to maintain a cohesive universe with consistency and accuracy?

Perhaps this is just Johns' ego spilling out onto the pages blatantly stating that he's going to do what ever he wants and eff everything else.

The page from Wonder Woman 0 shows a young Diana and a young Aleka sparing, and the the other pages are Hephaestus' telling of Amazon mating practices.

This is just sloppy and disrespectful to what has come before.

Again I apologize if this has already been bemoaned, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a little talk about this when it came out. There were a few people speculating that this might be a soft reboot for Wonder Woman, but an over site seems far more likely. DC's new moto seems to be "content over canon" so maybe they just don't care if it meshes up or not.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the change in outfit and the pending Movie appearance, that actually makes some sense. Can you do a soft reboot outside of the solo title? Strange, stupid, and frustrating.