Sensation Comics Cancelled

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agent_Z

Looks like bad news comes in droves. Hot on the heels of DC’s announcement that Omega Men, Doomed, and three other series have been cancelled, DC solicited the final issues of Digital First titles Batman ’66 and Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman. Both of these series will conclude in December, with Batman ’66 making it to a healthy 30 issues and Sensation Comics sliding home at #17.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/another-two-bite-the-dust-sensation-comics-and-batman-66-are-cancelled-green-lantern-the-lost-army-missing-from-solicits-has-the-circle-of-trust-been-broken/

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read these titles. Were they any good? Any reason why WW was cancelled?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By goonage

Aw..

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it was ideal to cancel the only book that was doing Wonder Woman some type of justice rather then cancel the shitty and poorly rated Finch's book.

Who does DC have working for them? A bunch of morons?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Books are canceled based on sales, and apparently it wasn't selling sustainable numbers.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

I don't know why anyone would be surprised. With the exception if Injustice Gods DC doesn't keep those digital first series around long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Books are canceled based on sales, and apparently it wasn't selling sustainable numbers.

DC should cancel 70% of their books if thats the case. They certainly not doing as well as Marvel.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Yeah guess what? Marvel has a multi billion dollar movie franchise to advertise their characters, and Star Wars comics (which on their own bring in a mint). DC has no movies that do it's characters justice, and by the looks of it we won't see that any time soon.

Pretend I'm an executive from a comic company for a moment, why should I keep a book that's costing more to make then it brings in on the shelves?

Is it fair? yes; does it feel fair? no, but that's the reality of things, there's countless books I've loved over the years that have been canceled, and all you can do is shrug your shoulders and say "What a shame" and hope that next time the series does better next time.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: if it above 15000 then It has chance of not getting canceled below that it gone.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well i bought many. oh well. It was a fdumb idea for a series, they should have developed a continuous story based on pre-52 wonder woman, instead of just throwing in a different stotry every week.

Too bad bc the serie had bright moments.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am more upset that Omega Men was cancelled. It was decent, but I think there's too many sci-fi comics going around from both studios that perhaps it was doomed to fail.

As for Sensation Comics, I'm disappointed but not surprised that it was cancelled. That said, I thought it was doing fairly well, unfortunately not as well as the disaster of the main Finch WW run.

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally feel that maybe it wasn't canceled so much as a demerit like everyone is assuming but maybe so they can use the title for her a second monthly comic. I mean she's starting to get a big push and the other title wasn't selling well while this one was pretty adored by its readers, I could definitely see it as being a monthly instead. And yeah I'm really sad about Omega Men as well, it was one of my favorites, but maybe they'll relaunch Sensation Comics as a monthly with Tom King writing and maybe Francis Manapul on art.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomehobos: Francis is busy so he won't do it. I do agree Sensation Comic should be relaunch but in new52 universe tell us what happen during the 5 year skip.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: it was an anthology series. It had a few bad stories, but was pretty good overall.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Stahlflamme

@somayareece said:

So it was ideal to cancel the only book that was doing Wonder Woman some type of justice rather then cancel the shitty and poorly rated Finch's book.

These are the guys who want to make you believe that the most iconic Green Lantern is the one that was accused of being a whitewashed John Steward when appearing in a live-action movie.

These are the guys that treated Teen Titans like some negelctable minor book.

These are the guys that established a relationship of Wonder Woman for sexist reasons.

These are the guys that rigged their own polls about who their readers are.

DC doesn't just have a bunch of morons working for them, they are run by a bunch of morons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece said:

These are the guys who want to make you believe that the most iconic Green Lantern is the one that was accused of being a whitewashed John Steward when appearing in a live-action movie.

These are the guys that treated Teen Titans like some negelctable minor book.

These are the guys that established a relationship of Wonder Woman for sexist reasons.

These are the guys that rigged their own polls about who their readers are.

DC doesn't just have a bunch of morons working for them, they are run by a bunch of morons.

This is why a lot of fans are complaining and slowly losing interest in them. Their desperation for money is going to hurt them in the long run.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just so sad...So very, very sad...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have no feelings about it since it was not a story. It was a series of One shots that were ok at best on average.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ultra_beleco

@chimeroid said:

I have no feelings about it since it was not a story. It was a series of One shots that were ok at best on average.

I personally loved the fact that we got all new wonderwoman stories every thusday, even if some were not that good...

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Eh.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chimeroid said:

I personally loved the fact that we got all new wonderwoman stories every thusday, even if some were not that good...

yeah, i liked it too. But since there was no story i dont feel upset about not getting the new story. Nothing is cancelled or unfinished :D

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it had a 48 issue run,cant cry that much.plus the last hand full,imo,werent any good.