Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm looking forward to this, as it appears to be Marston related, in light of Justice League 30 (e.g. chaining her bracelets being her weakness).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

Nice. Finally dc seems to support Wonder Woman, now if only they could decide on a characterazation...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Awesome that she's getting a second solo title. Awesome that it's non-canon somewhat Post-Crisis Wonder Woman (like Legends of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman). Kind of upset it's not a second solo continuity title. But one day we'll get there.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Squalleon

@arturocalakayvee said:

Awesome that she's getting a second solo title. Awesome that it's non-canon somewhat Post-Crisis Wonder Woman (like Legends of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman). Kind of upset it's not a second solo continuity title. But one day we'll get there.

It is a perfect opportunity for WW fans to get some awesome stories. AoS had some great single issues that deserve praise and I hope this will have too.

Also considering Azz's just finished his run I am sure DC doesn't know how to move forward with WW so a second solo title would be difficult until DC decides about the course the character will take.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

It is a perfect opportunity for WW fans to get some awesome stories. AoS had some great single issues that deserve praise and I hope this will have too.

Also considering Azz's just finished his run I am sure DC doesn't know how to move forward with WW so a second solo title would be difficult until DC decides about the course the character will take.

Good points but I think Azz leaving WW is the perfect opportunity to spin out a 2nd in continuity title. One could focus on the Greek mythology, much like Azz is doing, while the 2nd title could focus on more grounded stuff, kind of like how Post-Crisis Wonder Woman was. It would appease both fan bases.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Good points but I think Azz leaving WW is the perfect opportunity to spin out a 2nd in continuity title. One could focus on the Greek mythology, much like Azz is doing, while the 2nd title could focus on more grounded stuff, kind of like how Post-Crisis Wonder Woman was. It would appease both fan bases.

Well when you try to appeal to all, you end up appeal to none, usually. Of course your idea is nice but I don't think DC is ready for another WW title. For example look at the mess the Superman titles were and are, it took DC almost three years to put them in order and their "appeal to all" mentality seemed to backfire. It needed a line-wide event to fix the mess DC had done with Superman(Doomed). And since the new 52 started only one Superman related title was worth reading at any time, same with Batman, DetC and TDK were bad as they come.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Nice. Finally dc seems to support Wonder Woman, now if only they could decide on a characterazation...

Doubt that's going to happen, the creative teams are going to come and go with the stories. In the first issue's you have the Simone WW, in the next you might end up with Johns'. I fear this could prove rather damaging to the potential of the book.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

Doubt that's going to happen, the creative teams are going to come and go with the stories. In the first issue's you have the Simone WW, in the next you might end up with Johns'. I fear this could prove rather damaging to the potential of the book.

I didn't mean in the new title. I was talking generally. WW is a character I always felt lacked a general direction and at some point even point. But for some reason she was always a favorite of mine.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't mean in the new title. I was talking generally. WW is a character I always felt lacked a general direction and at some point even point. But for some reason she was always a favorite of mine.

Ah, well that is very true... and damaging. But then again, not even fans can really decide on how Diana really should be or what direction her book should be going in.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Ah, well that is very true... and damaging. But then again, not even fans can really decide on how Diana really should be or what direction her book should be going in.

QFT.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Legends of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman have proved successful. Why not?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it's going to be a limited time run. Hopefully once it's done they'll conciser turning Sensation Comics into a normal comic again.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RustyRoy

I wish DC did something like this for Flash and GL, so much potential there.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By JakeN7

Is this supposed to be like "Action" for Superman and "Detective" for Batman? If so, why are they making it non-canon, digital first?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: it like adventure of superman and legend of the dark knight

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

I'm looking forward to this, as it appears to be Marston related, in light of Justice League 30 (e.g. chaining her bracelets being her weakness).

You seem to show a lot of interest in having a definitive weakness in Wonder Woman displayed. Is this for an out of continuity Wonder Woman, or no? Cause if not, you're gonna have to find a much better Achilles heel as opposed to some random person tying her bracelets together for a demigoddess.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know kinda disappointed that the 1st story is in gotham

NSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #1

No Caption Provided

Written by GAIL SIMONE and AMANDA DEIBERT

Art by ETHAN VAN SCIVER and CAT STAGGS

Cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

1:25 Variant cover by PHIL JIMENEZ

On sale AUGUST 20 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

DIGITAL FIRST

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

Diana Prince: Amazon warrior, ambassador to Man’s world, or champion of women in need? All of the above! This digital-first anthology series will bring some of comics’ greatest talents to Themyscira, and give them leave to explore Diana, her world – and ours!

Gail Simone and Ethan Van Sciver kick things off when Oracle calls for help after the entire Bat-Family gets sidelined. But when Wonder Woman steps into the breach, Gotham City’s criminals get the surprise of their lives! Then, Amanda Deibert and Cat Staggs take Diana to school, where she meets her biggest fan!

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

Why is her armor silver there? They need to replace it with the gold.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know kinda disappointed that the 1st story is in gotham

NSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #1

No Caption Provided

Her chest has a Bat instead of an eagle shape or is it just me?

Why is her armor silver there? They need to replace it with the gold.

To be honest I always thought the silver contrasted the blue and red quite better :-P

jdhaddad1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jdhaddad1973

I like the silver, but what's with the baggy boots?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW, meh

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I always thought the silver contrasted the blue and red quite better :-P

Agreed, yellow+blue+red is not a good color scheme. Silver feels a little less regal and princessy.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I totally called it would named Sensation Comics

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: I generally prefer silver over gold, but I didn't really hate the gold on Wonder Woman either. The only thing that really bothered me was that her bracers didn't match the rest on the metal.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon No...The only silver she needed on her armor was the bracelets...She looks too dark, and her lasso stands out like a sore thumb.

@archizoom Well, that kinda defeats the purpose of her being a princess and stuff...she IS royalty, that's...just the way it is! lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: I think they removed the gold bits because it tied her a little too closely to Superman's color-scheme, he gets to keep the yellow in the S and she looses the smallest part of hers (and stops making burks think she's his cousin or something).

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

@outside_85 Meh, it just looks too dark. At least the lasso looked like an extension of her armor with the gold armor, and not like some randomly tacked on weapon. Besides, gold isn't really the same as yellow. Superman doesn't own a monopoly on any color. She's been wearing red and blue nearly just as long as he has.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8: Which might be part of the problem, just because it's always been doesn't mean it's not without it's problems.Like when even people who dont know anything about comics or the characters look at Bats and Superman, they are not going to think they are connected in any way or form. They could believe that was the case with Superman and Wonder Woman, which often comes expressed as people thinking she is called Superwoman.

As for the Lasso, well it wasn't created to be a part or match her uniform.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So where are the Wonder Woman purists who despise her in the New 52 and want her to be more like she is here? I'd have thought this thread would be flocking with them by now. Looks like they prefer to whine and moan than comment on the good stuff.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So where are the Wonder Woman purists who despise her in the New 52 and want her to be more like she is here? I'd have thought this thread would be flocking with them by now. Looks like they prefer to whine and moan than comment on the good stuff.

Did you notice that in the cover her chest emblem is the Bat-symbol :-P
D@Mn Dc And YoUr B@t-WaNk ARgh!!!!!!!?!!?!? LeAve WW Al0nE ARGH!!!!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Superman isn't involved, so they dont have an excuse to show up and repeat how much better he is at everything.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Lol nice impersonation :P

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArchiZoom

@muffin_sangria: I agree, the silver bracers didn't go with the breastplate and the gold looked a bit demodé. Silver is not as girly, not as princessy, it's more warrior-ish. She's properly in the 21st century now, she looks more like one of us, the Champion of the People. This makeover was long overdue.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 I still don't think her old colors were the problem. A recent poster asked if Wonder Woman was basically a female superman, and this is well into her new silver armor outfit.

I think people call her that because writers haven't done a good job distinguishing the difference in their powers, since they both have super strength, speed, stamina, and endurance...Creative teams should've ironed out the differences between the sources of their power IMO.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

This could be a good way for me to start reading Wonder Woman comics, when it's out in print. I've been curious about her for a while, but not got around to reading much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@squalleon:

I am so happy. I hope we see her old villiains on her tittle. I dislike the first issue because it happens on Gotham but i am still happy for it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be a good way for me to start reading Wonder Woman comics, when it's out in print. I've been curious about her for a while, but not got around to reading much.

I would certaintly recommend Rucka's run on the character if you are interested :-) it is the most consistent and celebrated run of modern WW. Perez's while good, it declined in quality towards the end.

@vitalius said:

@squalleon:

I am so happy. I hope we see her old villiains on her tittle.

Yeah, it would be nice to see Circe and Cheetah vs Wonder Woman again. I am actually more intrigued about how the writers will tackle WW's personality and lore. I am always open to more GA-like stuff.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@squalleon: I've liked their work on other titles, so they could be good places to start. Thanks. :)

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the pictures posted it just looks lame, a degeneration from what Azz and Chiang are putting out. The art and composition lacks character and style (which Chiang has in spades) and no doubt the story will be mediocre, no offence Gail Simone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@squalleon:

Cheetah yes. But Circe i dont if is going to happen since now she is neutral goddess that mess with mortals issues if she has something to loose it. Unless they want to erased that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Squalleon

@vitalius said:

@squalleon:

Cheetah yes. But Circe i dont if is going to happen since now she is neutral goddess that mess with mortals issues if she has something to loose it. Unless they want to erased that.

It is an out of continuity title. Meaning: The writers can do whatever they want :-P

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 I still don't think her old colors were the problem. A recent poster asked if Wonder Woman was basically a female superman, and this is well into her new silver armor outfit.

I think people call her that because writers haven't done a good job distinguishing the difference in their powers, since they both have super strength, speed, stamina, and endurance...Creative teams should've ironed out the differences between the sources of their power IMO.

They could touch back on the golden age comics and bring back some her psychic abilities.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bsaa

Sees "Diana Prince"

Gags to deat-..........

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ArchiZoom

@bsaa: yeah I would like to never see Diana Prince again. I like the current state of things, I just wish she were intelligent and had a sense of humour a la Dr.Brennan, that would go very nicely with her personality I think.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

@bsaa: yeah I would like to never see Diana Prince again. I like the current state of things, I just wish she were intelligent and had a sense of humour a la Dr.Brennan, that would go very nicely with her personality I think.

Well it does kinda make Wonder Woman special in that she normally doesn't use a secret identity. It also doesn't fit well with her virtue of honestly. On the other hand I did read an interested argument for the secret identity in that it's a device she can use to keep herself humble. In a way that's what Superman does with Clark as well but the choice isn't as significant because that's the way he was raised.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

Well it does kinda make Wonder Woman special in that she normally doesn't use a secret identity. It also doesn't fit well with her virtue of honestly. On the other hand I did read an interested argument for the secret identity in that it's a device she can use to keep herself humble. In a way that's what Superman does with Clark as well but the choice isn't as significant because that's the way he was raised.

It does, but then again I can't see why she'd want to constantly go around just being "Wonder Woman" all the time. She's known all around the world, and like it was said in Justice League, she's basically "a global/international crisis waiting to happen". Since she's practically a celebrity, I think that she'd want some privacy sometimes.The Diana Prince identity CAN work IMO. If she has to bear the burden of truthfulness at all times, she can have the Diana Prince identity as an alter ego, an extension of herself, as opposed to a 'secret' identity. This alter ego wouldn't look too different from her heroic image, but it would allow her to go out in public virtually undetectable.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RustyRoy

@squalleon said:

@lvenger said:

It does look like the Batsymbol lol but maybe its just the cover and because she's in Gotham.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@squalleon said:

@lvenger said:

It does look like the Batsymbol lol but maybe its just the cover and because she's in Gotham.

Yeah, it was intentionally made, it can't be a coincidence, a very nice detail. I don't have a problem with it I was joking, it actually fits the cover with WW catching all those Bat-villians :-P