You reckon female Thor is going to be as strong as Old Thor?

• 82 results
Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Or do you reckon she will be considerably weaker? I have a really bad feeling they're going to nerf Thors strength and have female Thor depend almost entirely on lightning/magic.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would she be stronger ?

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I never said stronger, I said AS STRONG. Basically I'm asking if people think Thor will maintain his established level of strength and durability,despite now being a woman.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The hammer doesn't give you strength. She will be a regular asgardian woman strength level, which is 25 tons.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Maybe. We don't know anything about her yet, so she could be really strong. Maybe stronger than original Thor depending on her background. :)

Edit: Female Thor and Old Thor? Shouldn't that be Female and Male or New and Old?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she's a human she won't be stronger than Thor.

Maybe. We don't know anything about her yet, so she could be really strong. Maybe stronger than original Thor depending on her background. :)

Edit: Female Thor and Old Thor? Shouldn't that be Female and Male or New and Old?

or Female or new Thor and real Thor?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she has the same lineage/ GOD PARTS

I don't see why not

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep - unless the writers are sexist.

And I don't even get this - so, did they kill of Thor and replace him with Female Thor?

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really agree with most of these new changes. Why do we need Fem Thor when we already have Valkyrie. I am curious if they are reverting back to the old "Donald Blake" idea, that she will only be Thor when wielding the hammer? The difference is that Thor was stuck in Blake then, Blake wasn't Thor. Did Thor just hand over the hammer, did the hammer choose??? kinda driving me crazy to know. I will check it out. Captain America on the other, hate the idea, won't be reading.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is pretty lame , Mjolner becomes a belly button ring and when she taps it bam a hammer pops out her navel.

Or something far worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It would seem she's faster.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Stuh-rongah.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@themetalgearzero: how would it was sexist? And no he is just replaced

Dunno, I haven't got much knowledge on this subject, but there isn't really a justification for making her any weaker.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the words of Video Game Dunkey

Not even close baby... The reason Thor is special is because he is also Gaea's son making him asgardian and an elder god

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By arthurkerr

@sly_141 said:

In the words of Video Game Dunkey

Not even close baby... The reason Thor is special is because he is also Gaea's son making him asgardian and an elder god

That and his Honor and ability to defend those in need. His character is one of a true Warrior born and hero as one person once said.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jayc1324 said:

No. The hammer doesn't give you strength. She will be a regular asgardian woman strength level, which is 25 tons.

Then how does that explain how Eric Masterson, an ordinary man, managed to beat Gladiator and match muscles with the strongest of the Marvel Universe? I think The Hammer will give her superstrength comparable to Thor since female fans will complain massively if Female Thor is massively weaker than the original Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm no expert on those guys but I don't think it gave captain America strength when he lifted it. I think she will have captain marvel level strength

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: I'm no expert on those guys but I don't think it gave captain America strength when he lifted it. I think she will have captain marvel level strength

You didn't address my point that it gave Eric Masterson superhuman strength. You don't wield the power of Thor by having limited superstrength, you do so by having the full power of Thor, strength and all.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lvenger said:

@jayc1324 said:

You didn't address my point that it gave Eric Masterson superhuman strength. You don't wield the power of Thor by having limited superstrength, you do so by having the full power of Thor, strength and all.

Wasn't the difference that Eric was inhabiting Thor's body?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:

@jayc1324 said:

Was that the case for Eric's tenure as Thor? I always thought that he was just given Thor's powers and hammer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Like I said I don't know much about Masterson. But I don't think it gave cap any special strength. Thor is also the God of strength, and is stronger than all asgardians. His strength doesn't come from the hammer is my point. You don't need to have Thor's strength to weild his hammer. A strength upgrade is in order for female Thor but not at thors level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Well I guess Aaron will explain it once She Thor gets the hammer and what powers and abilities the Hammer will give her. Though I suspect Aaron will integrate Thor's strength into the hammer too.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dernman

@lvenger said:

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:

@jayc1324 said:

Was that the case for Eric's tenure as Thor? I always thought that he was just given Thor's powers and hammer.

IIRC it was a mind or soul switch where Thor's was gone. I could be wrong because it was a long time ago. I believe there was even a quest at the end of the run to get Thor back. I think this might be the first time someone will be wielding the Hammer while Thor is still around.

I'm not saying she shouldn't get his strength just that I believe circumstances are not the same. I don't see why strength is separate and wouldn't be included as one of Thor's power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I do think she should get some strength but Thor's strength isn't really a power and has nothing to do with his hammer. Its just a natural ability.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dernman

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: Like I said I don't know much about Masterson. But I don't think it gave cap any special strength. Thor is also the God of strength, and is stronger than all asgardians. His strength doesn't come from the hammer is my point. You don't need to have Thor's strength to weild his hammer. A strength upgrade is in order for female Thor but not at thors level.

I'm one of the people that believes his thunder abilities don't come from his hammer either. They come from him. I will be disappointing if he wont be able to use them. IIRC it was said in his early years Thor needed the belt to wield the hammer until he gained the strength on his own. So when he did gain the strength and someone held the hammer it would reflect that.

As far as Cap goes that could be an inconsistency, or they just didn't show it. Either way we will find out I guess.........Not that I'm looking forward to it.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Knowing marvel new diversity program I can see them making her stronger than male thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: she should definitely get some strength but I would find it silly if she got strength equal to thor. Thors strength has nothing to do with mjolnir, its entirely different, his own natural strength. Its not really a power IMO. But yeah we will see.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By arthurkerr

@jayc1324: What I find odd is Thor is more then strength or power its in his skill to use those things because he mastered them over time. You cannot just walk up and learn that or walk up and do what Thor himself can do. More life times then one were taken to make Thor into the Warrior he has become today more mistakes and falling down and lessions learned clean myself off and move on. This is what makes Thor the true classic hero this is what makes him the character that he has become. Like what made Highlander great a walk through the fields of old town NY city a memory of things that had taken place in a tea house or lessons on the beach in japan of fighting. So much more rich color to a character then they give credit and to just change him and not even try to color in the blind spots or not do justice to some things is horrible. What more can be said really.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: she should definitely get some strength but I would find it silly if she got strength equal to thor. Thors strength has nothing to do with mjolnir, its entirely different, his own natural strength. Its not really a power IMO. But yeah we will see.

True he is the God of Strength too so he should keep his strength even after getting depowered. As well as limited weather manipulation

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ivar17

Its a pity that none of you (presumably Thor fans) mentioned what real defines Thor and all Asgardians, and that is Valhalla...

Will new female Thor believe in this concept if she is Jane F. or other human, in battle this is what defines every Asgardian, can we call Thor to who dosen t know what valhalla means?

Old Thor as thousands of years of fighting experience Mjolnir also provides That?

I dont know how powerful she will be, and what powers Mjolnir will give to her, but if she is human and Aaron give her all the power that Thor Odinson has, Than being Asgardian dosen t mean anything!!!

Eric Masterson to be clear was Odin Work (Masterson was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin), that is not what is happening with the female Thor...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By arthurkerr

given the powers of somebody does not make you a expert in combat or in use of the hammer or any of the things Thor had to learn himself. Given the power does not make them Thor that was earned and fought for and he took more then a life time to do most things. But hey lets just make her Thor and instant poof she tosses around the hammer and fights just like Thor because poof they say so. powers does not include fighting skill and memory.

Dieing of cancer is not a warriors death and so would not get you into in at the warriors table with Odin.

More the reverse after being offered a way to help herself she took the cowards way and said no. When so many others would love the chance for help she said no. This is greedy and self centered. Others could have learned from her cure and she decided to just toss that away and give up.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17 said:

Its a pity that none of you (presumably Thor fans) mentioned what real defines Thor and all Asgardians, and that is Valhalla...

Will new female Thor believe in this concept if she is Jane F. or other human, in battle this is what defines every Asgardian, can we call Thor to who dosen t know what valhalla means?

Old Thor as thousands of years of fighting experience Mjolnir also provides That?

I dont know how powerful she will be, and what powers Mjolnir will give to her, but if she is human and Aaron give her all the power that Thor Odinson has, Than being Asgardian dosen t mean anything!!!

Eric Masterson to be clear was Odin Work (Masterson was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin), that is not what is happening with the female Thor...

Why would the hammer give up his memories. it says has the power of Thor not the Memories of Thor....or is there small print on the hammer.. Also gets his condo , his two cars and the trip to Aspen and stay at his condo. What is this like getting a divorce Thor loses it all?

Ok here it says Eric was a extremly good hand to hand combatant that he got training from others. however it says nothing of any of it coming from the hammer.

So whom ever gets the Power of Thor does not get his fighting skill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstrike_%28Eric_Masterson%29

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17: Eric Masterson to be clear was Odin Work (Masterson was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin), that is not what is happening with the female Thor...

That was only initially. When Loki gets Thor banished, Eric is given the full powers of Thor on his own without Thor's consciousness inside him. He still had to change back and forth each time, but it was him regardless.

For this to work the way Marvel wants it to, she has to be as powerful as Thor, otherwise they will receive criticism for not going all out with it from the very same people they are trying to impress. And its not like its without precedent. Eric Masterson gained Thor's strength when he took over the role, as did Dargo. She won't have Thor's combat ability per se, but she will still display some even if whoever assumes the role has none of their own. Eric Masterson beat Ulik on his second confrontation with him when he first assumed the mantle and that was before any combat techniques were taught by either Cap or Hercules (it was pointedly stated that he lacked Thor's actual skill). Considering the intent, don't expect her to inherit Thor's recent jobber status outside his book as well. They'll want to present her as close to flawless as possible.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enyalios: Lets wait and see....

If marvel dosen t make it credible the book will suck and continue to insult Thor Fans like me...

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really agree with most of these new changes. Why do we need Fem Thor when we already have Valkyrie. I am curious if they are reverting back to the old "Donald Blake" idea, that she will only be Thor when wielding the hammer? The difference is that Thor was stuck in Blake then, Blake wasn't Thor. Did Thor just hand over the hammer, did the hammer choose??? kinda driving me crazy to know. I will check it out. Captain America on the other, hate the idea, won't be reading.

THANK YOU!!!! I would rather we get new cool female characters than shoehorning them in to just try and get headlines (announcing it on the view -__-), we also have the lady Sif and Frigga, Asgard has a good crew of women the whole thing is just a PC move

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer amped Steve Rogers up to be able to beat up a amped Sin who was obviously far stronger than a normal girl.

I believe the hammer is supposed to amp you up to the the power of Thor.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are we going with as far as knicknames?

Fem thor

She thor

Thor girl

Long hair

Goldilocks

?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I cannot imagine if your already Thor the hammer doing anything for you.

Because it only gives you something he already has.

Thus the power of Thor. lol

hmmm

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I cannot imagine if your already Thor the hammer doing anything for you.

Because it only gives you something he already has.

Thus the power of Thor. lol

hmmm

yup.. ive made this same point before...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By killraven4334

thor is half elder god, there is no way some mewling quim with mjolnir will even have a fraction of his strength

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the new thor gonna be angela? If so, she already wrecked him.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Beta Ray Bill became as strong as Thor by wielding his hammer, why shouldn't she?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazor-el: the only way I will buy the book is if it is angela, keeping mjolnir in the family, and have her named properly Angela Odindottir

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: haha, like Ice. Her last name is Olafsdotter. IIRC. Pretty cool.

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By T_Aesir

@killraven4334: isn t Angela she is red head, and the Parasite is with Angela in Avengers now new book, maybe Frigg Thor Granddaughter from the future, whoever she is, she will never be Thor just a marvel publicity stunt.

No Caption Provided

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir said:

@killraven4334: isn t Angela she is red head, and the Parasite is with Angela in Avengers now new book, maybe Frigg Thor Granddaughter from the future, whoever she is, she will never be Thor just a marvel publicity stunt.

No Caption Provided

The girl on the left the one next to Scarlet is that the queen of the Inhumans?