Would You Approve Of The New Female Thor If She Wasnt Called Thor?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Cream_God

Poll Would You Approve Of The New Female Thor If She Wasnt Called Thor? (72 votes)

Yes, I Think Thats Fair, Call Her Something Else 36%
No, I Approve Of The New Female Thor No Matter What 17%
No, Just Give The Hammer Back To Thor & Giver Her A New Hammer & Name 15%
No, Just Give The Hammer Back To Thor & Move On &/Or Pretend This Didn't Happen 14%
No, Just Recon This Garbage 14%
Not Sure/Undecided 3%
Other 13%

^discuss

• 
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

yea they should have called her something else.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Have her ditch Mjolnir and the name Thor, have her go by her own name, and have her learn to be a hero in her own right instead of stealing the powers and birth name of an existing hero.

Otherwise, retcon this whole train wreck and keep Aaron away from any comics that even remotely sound like they have "Thor" in the title.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I honestly have nothing against female Thor.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a female character like Sif being worthy of Mjolnir for a entire Run, but be called Sif and act according to her own personality.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was no need for a new character. Marvel has PLENTY of excellent female characters. Heck, they literally had just shoehorned Angela into the Asgardian corner of Marvel. What better way to shock the readership than to have her be able to control Mjolnir for a short while. Instead what the writers/editors did was conjure up an awful plot with paper-thin logic reinforcing it.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've just given her a new hammer and name.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it was the first time in a while that many people actually discussed Thor.

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caveat: I'd have been totally okay with her taking the name Thor if Thor had died or disappeared.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Aaron's God of Thunder was a critically acclaimed story by virtually every reviewer, and it outsold nearly every other Marvel solo title other than Spider-Man for a long while (including Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America etc.). It's not like the title was in danger of cancellation.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caveat: I'd have been totally okay with her taking the name Thor if Thor had died or disappeared.

Same here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I dont like Thor for same reason.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Aaron's God of Thunder was a critically acclaimed story by virtually every reviewer, and it outsold nearly every other Marvel solo title other than Spider-Man for a long while (including Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America etc.). It's not like the title was in danger of cancellation.

Trust me, I only wish comic readers were like that. Negatively will always be more vocal than positivity.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like:

The story, war of realms, the way that Thor loses his arm, Odin and Cul relationship and Thor using Jarnbjorn

I hate:

how he became unworthy, how Odin wasn't able to lift mjolnir and the way that Thor just gave up his name...

What i think about female Thor:

i dont like her, and even if she got other name this would be the same Odin unable to lift mjolnir? that is awful

my veredict:

i like the story even when it has so many holes, but i dont like she thor

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically what everyone is saying. She could call herself Thor if the real Thor was dead or MIA. But doing all that to Thor, having him depressed, then giving up his name, that just reinforces the fallacy that Thor is just about the hammer.

Also, the plot holes. Thor out of character, the whisper(that wasn't really a plot hole, but having Fury, a nobody for Thor, doing that? Meh) unworthy Odin.... And it appears that Aaron wants to turn mjolnir into a character... which is stupid, IMO. "A hammer is but a tool. Even Mjolnir". Thor said that.

And now. I loved GOT. I hated this change, but I wasn't hating on Aaron.... Up until now. This last issue. He basically put together all of our complaints and criticism and turned into lines for villains, hiding himself from any criticism with the "Don't like it? You're sexist" BS. He basically sided with the stupid side of feminism. And now, IMO, he deserves to be bashed.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfus said:

Basically what everyone is saying. She could call herself Thor if the real Thor was dead or MIA. But doing all that to Thor, having him depressed, then giving up his name, that just reinforces the fallacy that Thor is just about the hammer.

Also, the plot holes. Thor out of character, the whisper(that wasn't really a plot hole, but having Fury, a nobody for Thor, doing that? Meh) unworthy Odin.... And it appears that Aaron wants to turn mjolnir into a character... which is stupid, IMO. "A hammer is but a tool. Even Mjolnir". Thor said that.

And now. I loved GOT. I hated this change, but I wasn't hating on Aaron.... Up until now. This last issue. He basically put together all of our complaints and criticism and turned into lines for villains, hiding himself from any criticism with the "Don't like it? You're sexist" BS. He basically sided with the stupid side of feminism. And now, IMO, he deserves to be bashed.

Exactly, we are the customer, you never insult the customer no matter who they are, honestly we should be demanding a apology at the least from him and Marvel cause both are at fault.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. Aaron's writing of unworthy Thor isn't great. Thor becoming unworthy by a whisper from fury is still crap. Thor being unworthy from anything is still crap. Even if the person replacing him is not called Thor, I still do not like that idea. Aaron did make it more interesting by having her identity be a secret, unlike when Odin allowed Masterson and BRB to replace thor. Having odinson and Odin have to find out who she is does make for a good story, and I'm happy Aaron and brought Odin and cul and destroyer back. However I don't like the feminist part of this, which Aaron addressed way too bluntly in issue #5. It was almost like he was rubbing it in that Thor is now a woman and thor had given up his name. So yeah her not being called Thor would be better but I still would not approve of this story.

Also, having Thor be able to control Mjolnir and make it do things that odinson has never done before makes no sense. I'll be very disappointed if Aaron has Thor beat the Destroyer when they fight.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Take Thor out of the picture and I'm all for this. But having him unworthy by a sentence and her called Thor because she can lift Mjolnir is retarded.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

thundress

lady mjolnir

somthing norse-y

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would take a lot more than just the name. The whole story is garbage.

Unworthy Thor: At what point has Thor shown that he is unworthy? He is still acting the same. He still has the same overall goals (the protection of Earth and Asgard). He is angry and depressed, but this is because he can't lift Mjolnir and not the other way around. He has gone insane in the past, with the combined forces of Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer having to be brought against him. He has doubted his place in Asgard and on Earth and imposed an exile upon himself. He killed a human. He accidently killed his grandfather (among the worst crimes you could commit in old Nordic custom). Through all of this, Mjolnir stayed with him. There is nothing Aaron could say, nothing he could show that can explain how Thor suddenly went unworthy. If they would have come up with the idea that something had changed in Mjolnir, that could have been accepted, but the unworthy hammer shows that Thor, despite still being a hero, despite still willing to give everything to fight the good fight, is somehow unworthy, and that is crap. He probably doesn't even know what the whisper is.

Odin unable to lift Mjolnir: Let's face, Odin has never been worthy in the same sense as Thor. He has habitually lied to his family and his people, used guile more often than valor, wanted to wipe out the entirety of earth to prevent his brother's rise (the coward's way of handling the situation), and created proxies for the sole purpose of dying in place of Thor. He was mad at Thor for bringing Loki, his own adopted son, back to life. And through all of this was still able to lift and command the hammer, even able to stop Thor from being able to lift it. Why? Because the enchantment has never applied to him. And now, all of a sudden, he can't? Because of a whisper that he never heard? Again, there is nothing Aaron can say to explain this.

Thor is more curious about who has the Hammer than exactly what it is that is making him unworthy of it: This here is probably the worst of it. He just accepts the hammer, the symbol of his birthright, forged for him, the hammer he gave up the Odin Force to re-forge and after it had shattered (and accepted the fact that should the hammer break again, he himself could die), has chosen someone else over him, and seems to care more about who she is than exactly what moronic plot device has made him unworthy. He spent much of his youth questing to prove himself worthy of Mjolnir and then just accepts its not his after watching it fly from the upstart's hand, apparently of its own volition strike a bunch of people (conveniently forgetting the fact that he made the hammer do that not too long ago).

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 SC  Moderator

Voted Other. I approve of the new female Thor, the creative decisions within the book conceptually and in execution (so far) and think the story is okay so far, I like some parts, am apathetic to other parts. but that doesn't mean I "approve" no matter what. I don't presume this change was because Marvel wanted a new female hero, I don't presume that some vocal posters in a comic website is everyone, I don't presume to know what kind of story the writer wants to tell hence why they went this particular route as far as names, titles, powers, weapon swapping etc, I don't presume to think this is disrespecting or dishonoring Thor. I understand anger and frustration from other comic fans though.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

Should've just given her a new hammer and name.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

I have no problem with her wielding Mjolnir. I do however have a problem with the fact Thor so willingly gave up his name and I have a problem with the way in which the whole event started.

Regardless, I'm still hopeful that things will improve.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have a problem with her taking his actually name. Thor isn't a mantle it's a birthname.

Other than that Id like to see Thor grow as a character without Mjolnir and do some impressive stuff and not look so damn pathetic.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trionace said:

I only have a problem with her taking his actually name. Thor isn't a mantle it's a birth name.

Other than that Id like to see Thor grow as a character without Mjolnir and do some impressive stuff and not look so damn pathetic.

I would agree Thor has to grow as a character to hold lightning in his hand and toss it around or ride the winds or stand on a cloud looking down at the world. Thor has to grow to fight the good fight to say with his actions what noble and worthy Thor has done for many years to lead by example.

To be the warrior we know he is and define it for others.

Proof that a hero has walked the world far longer then most have even understood the concept.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the main problem this new Thor has is that at the same time he's pumping her up Aaron is tearing the original Thor down. He is in fact going out of his way in my opinion to make fans of the old Thor as angry as he can make them and by drawing out this new Thor's identity I'm sure he thinks that he is being suspenseful but really it's coming off as too cute. The bottom line in my opinion is that this new Thor has to leach off the name and identity of the old Thor or she goes nowhere. For all the talk of feminism she's basically nothing without the name, the name of a male character that has been a hero in comics since the early 1960's and been an Avenger from the start. Aaron seems to have decided that the best way to establish this woman as a character is to make sure that the original Thor is destroyed as a character and the best way to get new readers is to get the older readers as mad as he can possibly get them.

I don't know if I'm right or not, or if it is working on not. I don't pay attention to sales. I do know that it's not worth 3.99 to find out, it might be worth 1.00 to read the whole thing in a year or two when it hits the discount box.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just reminds me of the old dragon ball z shows where they dragged the shows out so long you simply did not care to see another one. I know who Thor is who cares who shot jr ooops I mean whom this women is.

To care for a character you have to first know the character and by being hidden you take away all reason to bond with or care for a character. Maybe Jason is trying to prove that you cannot care for a mantel and if that is the case he has done that for nobody cares for a mask or a name. Character is Years in the making. Thor or Peter Parker or Tony Stark or Steve Rogers or Bruce Banner you see them as the person or in Thors case the god that makes them strong and makes them a rich character to read about.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't disapprove of this because there have been female Thors in the past but the reason why she is called thor and why thor dosent go by his name anymore is kinda dumb.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the problem is people think such a topic can be answered with a simple yes or no question. When it can't... There are a lot of things that need to go into a character. I mean whether I or anyone here approves of her is irrelevant they can make and do whatever they want with or without our approval and because we live in a world where ridiculously far out liberal notions seem to be pushed onto everyone, there is little we can do to change it in any way. I mean they gave Thors name, title, powers to a female. This alone is considered progress, but if it was vice versa and they stripped a female character of her title and belongings and gave it to a male character the comic book part of internet would implode...

tl;dr Our approval is meaningless, now if you mean would i read a character or not if they didn't give her the name Thor, that depends entirely on the character and the story itself. If they suck, then no. If it's good, then yes.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adderworks

Our approval means a lot to each of us which makes it priceless to each, and every, of us as comic book fans. Honestly, I would have loved the new character if she had been given her own weapon and not stolen Thor's name.

So...all things being fair...this fake female Thor needs to go back to her own comic with her own weapon and her own name. She might even be cool, then.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@atheistknowledge: I am not going to suggest the reactions wouldn't be different if a man took on the name, powers etc of a mantle previously held by a woman, but out of curiosity, what in your opinion would be the reason for the difference in reaction?

rocketman1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. See here is the thing. Thor is--more than any other character I can imagine--a male character. The symbolism of a magic blunt instrument as the focus of your identity and power is about as unsubtle a metaphor as you might expect from a god of thunder-but beyond that--Thor is about the positive side of masculinity and always has been. Strength, sacrifice, heroism using the strength you have for the betterment of all--to defend--to channel the uncontrollable into acts of grace and altruism. To show the storm--the fury, the possible destructiveness, turned into a positive is inherently masculine. This character was always about destructive power used for constructive purposes and that is a message that was always important and still is. It is strength put into service. Men and women are not the same. They should absolutely have the same rights, the same opportunities and the same basic respect for accompishment and for input. It doesn't mean they have to be identical in composition. To remove this character in particular--saddens me. It saddens me as a shot at the easiest target. I get it--being male is ridiculous, bumbling, egotistical, in need to a good drubbing--except that it isn't. And the proof in that is that though you may hear of the worst of it out there in the wide wild world--it is those positive masculine aspects that have created the good with the bad--and that defend it...and not necessarily in great world encompassing ways--in small ones. Paying your support, working your job, making sure those you care for are protected and when something bad happens by putting yourself in the way of that harm. Using whatever small modicum of wisdom you have been granted to teach, instruct, guide..help. And that is completely devalued today. See I get where the anger comes from. And folks there is so much of it out there...it is possible to recognize and change the inequalities without sandbagging one side. Especially when that side has been largely patient about the whole thing. I've read this comic for forty years--I've stopped after the first three issues of this run. It would be bad if the power was transferred yet again to another man--it's just a tiny bit worse because it is a woman. Having said that--I'd happily read a series about the original Thor leaving Asgard behind and wandering the earth like kwai chan kane--maybe catching up on the latest medical advances--working incognito with Medecins sans frontiers--hell if he is that easy to replace--maybe he wasn't that necessary in the first place. On a personal note--I've gotten used to being a replaceable human wallet in my actual life--damned shame it had to happen in the fiction I read to give me some space from it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just do not like the idea that a hero is supposed to be a mask or a weapon and not even his or her fellow heroes question who is under the magic and trust without question for sake of storyline.

Nay sayith I for many of a villain has walked this path and what have we learned in those stories?

That a hero is more then a weapon and more then a mask and you just cannot pick up and put character on you have to earn it through years of growth and some time great loss.

Defined by our past haunted by those ghost and kept in check by our inner demon's.

Character is so much more then simple picking up a hammer or putting on a shield or saying a word.

The complex world of great stories is never simple.

If they were we would never walk om the shores of each or even open the cover and dive into the page's.

life goes on hero or no hero.

AZTERIX_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

She should be like a female BRB.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually like BRB though.

Barqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I thought how they presented her could have been better in the sense that they didn't have to almost absolutely destroy the original Thor in the process. I really couldn't care less if a girl or boy held the hammer of Thor, if of course it was a plausible story(which I don't think it has been). The more they destroy the original the more I hate the pretender

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with this is the fact that she's not intresting at all. We're 5 issues in andthere's still nothing about her that makes her unique. I get that we have to keep guessing about who she is until May but they could have at least made her intresting. I mean if were to die now or in secret wars I and other people wouldn't care because theirs nothing memorable about her.If marvel wants me to like her than they need to show not tell me why I should like her other than the fact that she's a girl who can fight cause we've got plenty of those who are way more intresting than her and deserve the spotlight for a change.

Awar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Awar

I do not like how this has happened with Thor's loss of Worth (or is it Worthiness?) from Nick Fury's whisper.

Yes by all means create or use an existing female character and make her capable of lifting Mjolnir but then give her own Hammer like Stormbreaker, Thunderstrike or Stromcaster!

I have no Problem with Strong Female Characters but if we stole Jean Grey, Miss Marvel, Susan Storm or for that matter any female characters powers and name to give to a guy and then made the female as depressed and pathetic as Odinson (Thor!) it would then be sexiest, but somehow it's ok to do the reverse to a guy WoW what a double standard that is not equality for the Sex's!

Also Thor is based off the Mythological/Religious God Thor unless a spell is cast on him to make him a woman or there is a Parallel earth version whose female, Then Thor should keep his name (Unless he dies for GOOD and someone else take up his mantle!) and she should be called She-Thor (or is it She Thor?), Thundress, Lady Mjolnir somthing like that!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm borderline. I like her though.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: There's really not much to like, though. We don't know (technically) who she is, what her motivations are, how she is deemed worthy, her history etc. I find it interesting that many fans appreciate the character despite so few details about her available.

Avatar image for robomonkeytwine
RoboMonkeyTwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just would have been so much better if they didn't castrate Thor for her. He should have went out like a boss or maybe been required out of necessity to have another wield the Hammer. All that being said...she's not Thor just like BetaRayBill is not Thor just like ThunderStrike wasn't Thor.

I get my Thor fix by reading old issues now. I do not care for Hobo Odin Son.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: There's really not much to like, though. We don't know (technically) who she is, what her motivations are, how she is deemed worthy, her history etc. I find it interesting that many fans appreciate the character despite so few details about her available.

It is a conundrum, so little known other than she's the "new Thor" and supporters only able to say "I like her" or "she's great". That's all fine and good if you like her, but it makes me wonder exactly why when I was willing to give this new direction a chance, having just gotten back into reading comics after being gone for a good twenty years, and after a full six issues I find nothing about her compelling or interesting. Take away the "who is she" aspect and what's left, and I'm more annoyed by that angle than intrigued. The real mystery imo is what others find so appealing about her other than being a woman who took Thor's name and hammer?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think the problem is people think such a topic can be answered with a simple yes or no question. When it can't... There are a lot of things that need to go into a character. I mean whether I or anyone here approves of her is irrelevant they can make and do whatever they want with or without our approval and because we live in a world where ridiculously far out liberal notions seem to be pushed onto everyone, there is little we can do to change it in any way. I mean they gave Thors name, title, powers to a female. This alone is considered progress, but if it was vice versa and they stripped a female character of her title and belongings and gave it to a male character the comic book part of internet would implode...

tl;dr Our approval is meaningless, now if you mean would i read a character or not if they didn't give her the name Thor, that depends entirely on the character and the story itself. If they suck, then no. If it's good, then yes.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm all in favor of She-Thor (I refuse to call her Thor. It just doesn't sit well with me) and having more Wonder Woman level powerhouses in Marvel, whether they be heroic or villainous in nature. I actually like She-Thor, and have no real problem with her. The problem I have is the execution of the story itself. Though, to be honest, I felt that the "Last Days of Midgard" arch was pretty mediocre... especially the handling of Galactus (Both in terms power, character, & dialogue. I mean, for crying out loud, his battles with Tyrant leveled countless galaxies and he's fought against vastly powerful cosmic beings, so I am to believe that Old King Thor with the necrosword can dispatch a fed Galactus?! Nope, and it's still open to debate if he did indeed feed or if he was in a very weakened/hungry state in the entire arch).

Okay, back on topic. What I don't like is how this story is being handled. I'm grown fond of She-Thor. What can I say? I tend to take a liking to strong women characters that are independent and can stand on their own. But, as I've stated, I don't have a problem with She-Thor. I have a problem with the execution of the story itself.

If Thor was dead, okay, then I can see someone else wielding Mjolnir in his absence. If we had a situation similar to Beta Ray Bill, then I could see Freyja or Odin giving She-Thor her own mystical weapon that's equal in might to Mjolnir. I'd accept that, no problem. If Odin, or some being of similar mystical power, put an enchantment on Mjolnir that prevented Thor from lifting it... that would work as well. But Nick Fury whispering something into Thor's ear? Nope.

And Odin, who had Mjolnir forged and added the enchantments to it and was capable of lifting it every other time, suddenly being unable to not lift it? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

I also felt that Thor #5 - Behold, A New Age of Thunder was very preachy and seemed to be very much in support of die-hard feminists. It could be even seen as the writer taking at shot at readers & fans of Thor. I understand the anger & frustration. Look at it this way, Thor fans, we Hulk fans have dealt with this before in the form of Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk (and mediocre/horrible tenures from Jason Aaron & Mark Waid after beloved Hulk writer Greg Pak departed). So, yeah, we know what you're going through.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HaveAtThee

""Okay, back on topic. What I don't like is how this story is being handled. I'm grown fond of She-Thor. What can I say? I tend to take a liking to strong women characters that are independent and can stand on their own. But, as I've stated, I don't have a problem with She-Thor. I have a problem with the execution of the story itself.""

Really? I think Aaron has disgraced his own pet character by refusing to develop her character at all and forcing credibility on her by deconstructing (to put it mildly) the supporting cast of the book, as well as its (formerly) main character. Instead of the book being about a new character and exploring who she is and what makes her worthy of such awesome power, her entire existence serves as a rather gaudy (and illogical) foil for the downtrodden ex-protagonist. This is not even close to being a "victory" for feminism, but a rather shameless and contrived story with so many paper-thin plot devices. Even under relatively light scrutiny, everything about this story falls apart like a house of cards.

Poor execution? That's putting it mildly. This will become a fine example of how NOT to introduce a new character and tell a major story. What's worse is Marvel's total contempt for their own readership in the way they allowed the writer to "address" criticism of his story. Not only that, but the fact that they haven't even bothered to develop this new character and make her solely the focus of the title proves that they merely wanted to make a temporary splash and could absolutely care less about the issue of feminism and female representation in a traditionally male-centric genre.

""Though, to be honest, I felt that the "Last Days of Midgard" arch was pretty mediocre... especially the handling of Galactus (Both in terms power, character, & dialogue. I mean, for crying out loud, his battles with Tyrant leveled countless galaxies and he's fought against vastly powerful cosmic beings, so I am to believe that Old King Thor with the necrosword can dispatch a fed Galactus?! Nope, and it's still open to debate if he did indeed feed or if he was in a very weakened/hungry state in the entire arch)."

I'll agree with you somewhat here. The Galactus/King Thor interactions were rather forced with some pretty pedestrian dialogue and, yet again, another way to treat Galactus like a chump. That part of the story had little weight for me. The part of the story I was interested in was the angle where Thor was battling against Roxxon poisoning the Earth and especially the environment around Asgard, which was still above Oklahoma. I was really anticipating an angle where Thor develops a rather jagged cynicism toward humanity once he realizes how destructive their way of life is to his mother's home. If Aaron went down that road to where Thor loses his faith in humans as well as his idealism in protecting them no matter what (even from themselves), I can envision a scenario to where he refuses to use his power to fight for Midgard and develops outright apathy for humanity. That, in turn, could cause the enchantment on Mjolnir to cease working for Thor. It's a new and interesting angle to play where suddenly Thor isn't all about "I love Earth!!!" all the time.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@haveatthee: That's part of the extremely poor story execution I'm talking about. I like She-Thor, but is the writer actually developing her and making her a unique character in and of herself? No, he isn't. That's one of the many major flaws that I, and others, are noticing with the whole story. Let She-Thor be her own character, don't let her be in Thor's shadow. Develop her and make her awesome. She has potential, but only if the writer has the ability to see and utilize it.

I also agree with you about "The Last Days of Midgard" arch. I was more interested in the present scenes involving Thor & Dario Agger. In fact, I was hoping for more conflict between them. I wanted to see how this would make Thor reflect upon humanity, to see that they're capable of great good & greater evil. I would have liked to have seen Thor contrast the similarities and differences between Roxxon & SHIELD as both are known to do some pretty vile deeds in order to achieve what they seek to achieve. And I agree that this angle could have been interesting and led to a more sound reason for Thor becoming unworthy of Mjolnir. Unfortunately, the writer & Marvel chose to take the easy/lazy way out of it.