Needing a GREAT Thor read.

Neves416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Huge Thor fan and for some reason i haven got to buying a few issues id like to own, and really only grabbed about 2 of them, Fear Itself & Astonishing Thor stories both great reads Fear Itself is a lot better thou, a lot of action stories also great. I was hoping you guys could recommend me a great Thor read(s).

For Midgard !

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spambot

There is a sticky thing on this board which has a bunch of must read type recommendations. Its at the top and has a bunch of different stories you could try.

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neves416: Thor God of thunder especially the first story God butcher dosent get much better

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor by J. Michael Straczynski

Thor: God Of Thunder by Jason Aaron

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor: God Butcher saga is a must read.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: Ragnarok (by Roy Thomas and John Buscema)

Thor: The Eternals Saga Vols 1 & 2

The second link only links to Vol. 1 but right over the reviews section is a link to Vol. 2.

A very overlooked and awesome Thor story, which so happened to be Roy Thomas' swan song from Marvel before he left for DC in the late 70's. Art duties were handled by the legendary John Buscema and Keith Pollard. If you want epic high-concept fantasy/mythology adventure, look no further. Thomas explores and expands on the Asgardian pantheons first with "Ragnarok" and then jumps into Jack Kirby's "Eternals/Deviants" concepts along with other pantheons in "Eternals Saga" which ends up with all of Earth's pantheons teaming up against the Celestials in the end. Really, really awesome stuff. Walt Simonson, Mark Grunewald and Ralph Macchio did some fill in scripting duties here and there.