• 123 results
hyperhank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hyperhank

Even though I'm not a real fan of the Marvel comics but at least I knew some of them, Thor in MCU can't do sh*t. Is it because Iron Man has bigger market value than Thor because Iron Man in MCU is so overpowered.

P.S. The tiny lightning bolt from Thor's mjolnir also making me pissed as f*ck.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Robert Downey Jr. is a way bigger (bankable and popular) star than Chris Hemsworth, so I guess Iron Man's power level needs to match his ego, lol!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hyperhank: I agree he is very weak in the MCU compared to his comic version. I would love to see him get a big power up in the next film. And yea Iron man is way overpowered in reality Thor would have been able to destroy iron man easily, but they have to make it look like they are somewhat even. He sometimes has good showings like destroying the chunk of land on jotunheim in Thor. But overall I agree they do push him aside for Iron man as he is more popular.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they just want to make a cool movie, they don't care about power levels and feats and things like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in MCU is weak

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: He is the closest to his comic book version but still indeed below his comic book version.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Inb4"citybusting"featgifs

zfighter18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zfighter18

In an attempt to balance the abilities of the heroes in the Avengers, they did weaken Thor. They also weakened Hulk and made Iron Man more powerful. They also slightly weakened Cap in the first Avengers movie but made up for it in the second. It is an attempt to keep certain characters from being redundant or unnecessary. That's why they're probably won't ever be a Sentry movie without him being severely underpowered.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wait till you see Batman in DoJ & JL.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

In an attempt to balance the abilities of the heroes in the Avengers, they did weaken Thor. They also weakened Hulk and made Iron Man more powerful. They also slightly weakened Cap in the first Avengers movie but made up for it in the second. It is an attempt to keep certain characters from being redundant or unnecessary. That's why they're probably won't ever be a Sentry movie without him being severely underpowered.

I'm pretty sure Iron Man is not more powerful than his comicbook self.

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes sense to me for the most popular and marketable character to be the strongest, which is Iron Man. It does bother me that Iron Man and Cap can both handle Ultron, but Thor was getting stomped by him.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Asgaard

@smgamehhh said:

It makes sense to me for the most popular and marketable character to be the strongest, which is Iron Man. It does bother me that Iron Man and Cap can both handle Ultron, but Thor was getting stomped by him.

Very poor post, but this time i will play this game not just for your post (but this kind of threads in general), Ultron version that fought with Thor was upgraded and a lot more powerful than the versions that fought with Cap and Tony, actually from all the Avengers only Thor got Ultron's attention in the final act, he attacked Thor by surprise, Thor still absorb all his attacks with no real damage just waiting for the coordinated Vision strike with Mjolnir... And the scene where Thor gives life to the Vision ignoring everyone else including Iron Man and Cap defined that in the end Thor is above the humans puny fights, and guess what Thor also was who decided the fate of the mind stone in the beginning and the end of the movie, even if Thor had in AoU one of the most impressive feats in all history of comic book movie adaptations, the purpose of any credible live action adaptation isn't power levels or feats, just build a great and entertaining story, this feats and power levels constant debate that never acknowledges the story plot/circumstances is just pointless and childish... Even in the comics medium Story»»»»»Feats...

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Wasn't trying to troll, just simply looking at it differently from you. I was just saying it must be annoying as a Thor fan to go into the movie and watch him not do much against the main antagonist, yet two mortal people did. But I see your point of them being two different situations and how Story > Feats.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Asgaard

@smgamehhh:

I think Whedon's theatrical cut could be better, but AoU had so many variables to acknowledge, like all the Mcu phase 2 events, build AoU own plot, character development, plant seeds for the next Mcu movies, etc... That i don't see how Thor or Hulk fighting Ultron in the beginning of the movie could help/improve AoU storytelling, makes sense that Ultron only fought with the powerhouses in the end of the movie, if this scripts were written with some of comic book fans mentality/perspective, there wasn't any purpose for the Avengers and other teams, this movies would end in the first act, where Thor and other powerhouses crush the threat immediately, Cap also was somehow "bullied" by Quiksilver, but who cares!? It was just another sub plot in the story, like in the next year Civil War story line some Iron Man fans will probably dislike Tony (antagonist) actions but perhaps that actions will build a better story/plot...

For me annoying was Thor the Dark World plot, that had potential to be a great movie and was meh, not because i dislike Thor feats but because the story was messy and to convenient to connect Midgard with Asgard, where the plot gave to much attention to the humans foolishness, and the Villain din't had enough screen time to become just Antagonist with believable motivations...

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also pissed of at the tiny lightning bolts he was able to produce :P

The only instance in which Thor seemed half powerful was when he shattered the city but he could only do it because of Iron Man.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why didn't they send Thor in to recover the staff at the beginning of the movie, and have Iron Man bring Hawkeye back to the ship? I feel as though it should have been the other way around.

Thor had some good feats. I think it's pretty obvious that even Stark wants to pass things by him, and looks to him as the most reliable powerhouse on the team.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smgamehhh:

Thank you! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hung my head in disgrace as Cap went toe to toe with Ultron and did better than Thor.

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bannyhaha: Well Asgaard explained pretty well about the difference of Ultron during the two separate fights, but still it was bothersome to me that Cap was acting like a boss and Thor was, well not.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

I think they just want to make a cool movie, they don't care about power levels and feats and things like that.

Well they fail at that aspect too. Joss Whedon, eewww....

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor got blitzed (surprise attack) by Ultron, took two hard punches and a blow by a big chunk of wall and came out unscathed. I don't think Thor was ever under any real danger throughout the whole movie. In fact, it made no sense when they first confronted Ultron (the weaker version) that Iron Man would fight him when Thor would've probably stomped him within five minutes. The later fight featured a stronger Ultron with a vibranium chassis and the most he could do to Thor was temporarily stun him (then Thor stalled for Vision to hit him with Mjolnir).

If anything, they made Ultron out to be a chump with a terrible sense of humor (a worse version of Stark). But this has been Marvel's blemish in their films; weak villains.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor got blitzed (surprise attack) by Ultron, took two hard punches and a blow by a big chunk of wall and came out unscathed. I don't think Thor was ever under any real danger throughout the whole movie.

Well he did get taken out by SW's mind whammy like everyone else, Ultron seemed to have his number and the destruction of the city did seem to knock him out. Still the fact that he took such an impact is a massive feat and i dont think anyone can say he looked bad in AOU.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: Sure, I wasn't arguing that Thor looked weak. I think both Hulk and Thor were "kept busy" by other things so that the other members had time to shine. Not to mention the introduction of three new characters/members to the lineup. Either way, it would've made Ultron look even weaker if Thor had gone toe to toe with Ultron and beat him, making the others redundant. Vision and Scarlet Witch being on the team help balance the roster out a bit in terms of power set, whereas up until AoU Hulk and Thor were quite clearly above everyone else.

Like I said earlier the MCU's problem is weak villains. They better give Thanos some love or else his build-up will be the most over-hyped in history.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: In avengers 1, with the thor vs. ironman fight scene in the woods, ironman absorbed thors lightning and charged up to 400%. is he actually able to do that? so is ironman invulnerable to thors lightning entirely, and thor can only damage ironman with hammer smashes/physical hits? or was that forest fight scene in avengers 1 just a little flashback type scene with thor vs. the thorbuster suit from the comics? it reminded me of that because of how thors lightning didn't work but then he was crushing ironmans suit with his bare hands.

Iron Man has shown the ability to use electrical attacks as a power source in the comics. Is he completely invulnerable to Thor's lightning? I dont think so. You'll notice that bits of is suit still got burned and damaged in that scene. I guess it depends on how much Thor could turn up the juice. I dont think it had anything to do with the Thorbuster suit from The Reigning - i think they just wanted a fight, wanted Stark to make a decent show of it while making it clear that Thor was tougher. There's commentary with Whedon saying more or less as much.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor got blitzed (surprise attack) by Ultron, took two hard punches and a blow by a big chunk of wall and came out unscathed. I don't think Thor was ever under any real danger throughout the whole movie. In fact, it made no sense when they first confronted Ultron (the weaker version) that Iron Man would fight him when Thor would've probably stomped him within five minutes. The later fight featured a stronger Ultron with a vibranium chassis and the most he could do to Thor was temporarily stun him (then Thor stalled for Vision to hit him with Mjolnir).

If anything, they made Ultron out to be a chump with a terrible sense of humor (a worse version of Stark). But this has been Marvel's blemish in their films; weak villains.

i actually liked ultron, best villain since Loki

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperhank: Im fine with this, every time he gets beat up in the comics, I think to myself....aren't you supposed to be a planet buster... these gamma monsters and cosmic ray uforce nerds keep giving you a run for your money...its like your hold back to the point of you losing

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah I always laugh when you know Thor hit Surter so hard it leveled mountains and then he hits the Hulk and its nothing in that range not even a window broke.

Like ok talk about some holding back lol

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone looking for comic book level Thor in the live-action films is going to be disappointed. Same goes for Hulk and any other powerhouse.

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor MCU and pretty boring same

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't you just think that he should do more stuff than hitting with mjolinir sometimes without (but less hard) which really pisses me off and usually small lightning bolts from mjolnir. I know he had a bit more aerial combat in the malekith fight scene but really he should be:

Hitting harder without mjolnir, I know that really all the force comes from him when he hits with it but then marvel screws us over (kurse fight scene (where as soon as he loses it, he becomes a rag doll)).

Lightning from his body (a very cool visual and confirms that it comes from him not the hammer although we saw him emit it in aou in the pool).

Using more tornadoes against fodder like the ultron bots.

Shooting lightning bolts at least as wide as mjolnir as a generic strike but then like >30m wide lightning bolts when it is a bigger deal ( like the leviathan and on sokovia but for so jovial the bolt(s) could have been bigger).

Jumping much higher/further/faster.

More versatile aerial combat.

Eventually the god blast.

I'm glad Chris Hemsworth has made it clear that he doesn't want Thor to fight anyone below his power level and struggle and that he should be at the level where he is tossing cars for fun.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i think THOR has done fine. If you make THOR too powerful you can't have an adventure which means no story.

AOU was THOR's best outing. People need to stop viewing "THOR as not powerful or THOR needs to show more feats" when they should be considering the plot, and the story.

Having THOR jump in and beat everyone in one blow etc doesn't make a good story.

I use to complain a lot about THOR being seen as weak but I had to be considerate to the plot and what they are trying to tell.

All Avengers and etc have had their ass whoop, its just part of the plot.

People are complaining about Hulk vs Hulk Buster when it was a fairly even decent fight. I mean would it makes sense to have hulk one shot hulk buster or have hulk win?

Drax looked like crap vsing Ronan. And he still thinks he can kill Thanos...And i hear no one complaining about that.

Sorry if i got off topic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am satisfied with MCU Thor because his power level is correct in relation to other characters. He may not be stronger than Hulk but Joss Whedon said he would still win because or Mjolnir, which I'm OK with. Thor is still the teams powerhouse. Iron Man called on him to destroy Sokovia, not Hulk. Everyone seems to respect Thor how they should in the movies. In AoU Cap, Tony, Bruce, QS and Wanda were fighting over petty issues and about bringing Vision to life, but when Thor showed up no one even tried to stop him and all they could do was watch him wake Vision, because they are no threat to him. Ultron singled him out for destroying too many of his robots as well. He was also the one who bottlenecked the portal in Avengers and contained the Hulk mostly without Mjolnir on the helicarrier. Even if his feats aren't amazing as long as he gets respected like someone at his power level should be I will be happy.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I am satisfied with MCU Thor because his power level is correct in relation to other characters. He may not be stronger than Hulk but Joss Whedon said he would still win because or Mjolnir, which I'm OK with. Thor is still the teams powerhouse. Iron Man called on him to destroy Sokovia, not Hulk. Everyone seems to respect Thor how they should in the movies. In AoU Cap, Tony, Bruce, QS and Wanda were fighting over petty issues and about bringing Vision to life, but when Thor showed up no one even tried to stop him and all they could do was watch him wake Vision, because they are no threat to him. Ultron singled him out for destroying too many of his robots as well. He was also the one who bottlenecked the portal in Avengers and contained the Hulk mostly without Mjolnir on the helicarrier. Even if his feats aren't amazing as long as he gets respected like someone at his power level should be I will be happy.

I pretty much have to agree with all of this, especially in the Avengers films he kind of has to be toned down a bit for the sake of the story. That being said it wouldn't be a bad thing to see some feats from him in a standalone Thor film, probably have ample opportunity for it in Ragnarok, now whether it will actually be done is another matter entirely.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I agree. Pretty much all CBM heroes are nerfed, that doesn't mean they can't do justice to the character.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear the point but lets also remember MCU Thor went toe to toe with Malekith while wielding an infinity stone. That isn't thattt bad of a feat considering none of the other Avengers have stopped the destruction of the entire Nine Realms with no help from other members of the team. I think the reason they underpower him in the Avengers movies is because they want them all to be somewhat equal. Stupid, yes, but it makes for a decent movie.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WastelandMan

@m_man: I think Iron man is amped up compared to his comic book version while Thor and Hulk are nerfed

Iron Man is nowhere near his comic book level.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I just go with the idea he's not as strong on Earth as he is in Asgard in these movies.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: There's also the possibility he's holding back out of concern that using his full power might inadvertently kill innocent bystanders and cause needless destruction, something which has been covered in both Thor and Avengers comics over the years. Hasn't yet been stated to be the case in the movies as far as I'm aware, but doesn't mean it won't be at some point.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: There's also the possibility he's holding back out of concern that using his full power might inadvertently kill innocent bystanders and cause needless destruction, something which has been covered in both Thor and Avengers comics over the years. Hasn't yet been stated to be the case in the movies as far as I'm aware, but doesn't mean it won't be at some point.

Exactly... Perhaps there aren't direct statements in the Mcu, but Asgardians always refer to humans as mortals and how fragile they are...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ppl have to realize besides Hulk & Iron Man the team is filled with street levelers. So far the only heavy hitters are Their, Hulk, Vision & Iron Man (Maybe War Machine) but these powerhouses have to be nerfed in order to give the other a purpose. This is a problem JL movie won't have because its mainly powerhouses with like one street leveler being in the main cast for the movie. Thor usually has some decent feats in his solo movies. His feat in AoU is basically the something he did in his first movie against the Frost Giants.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the tiny lightning bolt he generate from is hammer that annoys me too. why is it so hard marvel to make thor's lightning bigger and make is thunder strike generate well like crazy?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Asgaard

@uugieboogie:

I get what you said, but in terms of creating balanced narratives more powerhouses = more problems... In my perspective a credible Justice League live action plot will not be easy to build...