Favorite Thor Writer?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Who is or was your favorite Thor writer?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Caligula
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGoldenOne
I like JMS, Roy Thomas, Michael Avon Oeming, Walt Simonson.
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By z3ro180

JMS and all them after his run But i think JMS should come back.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Michael Avon Oeming and Walt Simonson are my top two.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

JMS

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
In my personal order... Walt Simonson, mainly due to how long and how defining his run was. Plus I love modern art, and so I am giving him props for having to work against that for me... Gillen, so short, but I liked how he was able to write well despite being between a rock, a hard place and Fraction. Then Roy Thomas, and then Oeming, whose run was way, way to short and who I'd want back on the book now! JMS. Should be higher, but he should be happy he even made my list.. lol I kid. I like him enough to recognize his cameo in the Thor movie! Thor has had some awesome writers! 
Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Theworldbreaker

JMS.
darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darth_fletcher

Dan Jurgens !!!

stuamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By stuamerica

Walt Simonson, JMS, and Dan Jurgens in that order

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TypingKira

JMS, Walt Simonson, and Kieron Gillen. 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

JMS and Kieron Gillen pre-Hell arc. I dropped the book during that, it bored the (no pun intended) Hell out of me.

I haven't read the Simonson stuff, and while I've heard it's brilliant, he introduced Beta Ray Bill, and I will never forgive him for that.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Most of the answers are JMS and Walt Simonson.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
JMS and Kieron Gillen pre-Hell arc. I dropped the book during that, it bored the (no pun intended) Hell out of me. I haven't read the Simonson stuff, and while I've heard it's brilliant, he introduced Beta Ray Bill, and I will never forgive him for that.
The BRB, arc is actually my favorite. It's a brilliant story. If you haven't read it. you may find out why BRB is so popular. It's that well done.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula: You a BRB fan?
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Caligula
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
JMS and Kieron Gillen pre-Hell arc. I dropped the book during that, it bored the (no pun intended) Hell out of me. I haven't read the Simonson stuff, and while I've heard it's brilliant, he introduced Beta Ray Bill, and I will never forgive him for that.
The BRB, arc is actually my favorite. It's a brilliant story. If you haven't read it. you may find out why BRB is so popular. It's that well done.
Mate, if you were to ask me
"Fade, why do you hate BRB?"
My answer would be
"No fracking idea."
He's just one of those characters that rubs me the wrong way, from the second I read about him I've disliked him, don't know why, just do lol. It's weird, and certainly not enlightened, but there's just something about him that annoys me.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Caligula said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Mate, if you were to ask me "Fade, why do you hate BRB?"My answer would be "No fracking idea."He's just one of those characters that rubs me the wrong way, from the second I read about him I've disliked him, don't know why, just do lol. It's weird, and certainly not enlightened, but there's just something about him that annoys me.
ah, well we all have those characters like that. but still since you haven't read the story, I'd say give it a chance you may like it. then again you may not. But I know Walt is great story teller. and that was one of my favorites from him.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
That is cool. A lot of people here don't like the character or give him the respect he deserves. I still think Thor would wreck him in a fight though :P
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget
@TheGoldenOne said:
Mostly JMS and Walt Simonson.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Caligula
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
That is cool. A lot of people here don't like the character or give him the respect he deserves. I still think Thor would wreck him in a fight though :P
really, even though he was proven equal in every facet, hence the reason Odin gave him Strombreaker. I mean Thor's Father declared them as equals. But to each his own.

I still see BRB and Thor like twin brothers as far ability. As does Odin, and even Thor sees Bill as a brother after their competition together.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Caligula said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Mate, if you were to ask me "Fade, why do you hate BRB?"My answer would be "No fracking idea."He's just one of those characters that rubs me the wrong way, from the second I read about him I've disliked him, don't know why, just do lol. It's weird, and certainly not enlightened, but there's just something about him that annoys me.
ah, well we all have those characters like that. but still since you haven't read the story, I'd say give it a chance you may like it. then again you may not. But I know Walt is great story teller. and that was one of my favorites from him.
I plan to check it out at some point, I'd like to get the omnibus, but funds are low atm >_<

I trust your recommendation.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
really, even though he was proven equal in every facet, hence the reason Odin gave him Strombreaker. I mean Thor's Father declared them as equals. But to each his own.I still see BRB and Thor like twin brothers as far ability. As does Odin, and even Thor sees Bill as a brother after their competition together.
I don't think they are truly equal. One has to be slightly stronger. There must be a victor, and i think that's Thor :D
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
really, even though he was proven equal in every facet, hence the reason Odin gave him Strombreaker. I mean Thor's Father declared them as equals. But to each his own.I still see BRB and Thor like twin brothers as far ability. As does Odin, and even Thor sees Bill as a brother after their competition together.
I don't think they are truly equal. One has to be slightly stronger. There must be a victor, and i think that's Thor :D
I want to believe it's Thor, not just because I'm not a Bill-fan, but because I always think the key character should be stronger than their (for lack of a better term) understudies.

Nevertheless, from everything I've seen; the two are completely equal. It was the whole reason for Bill's introduction; Mjolnir clung to him as it would Thor.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
I want to believe it's Thor, not just because I'm not a Bill-fan, but because I always think the key character should be stronger than their (for lack of a better term) understudies. Nevertheless, from everything I've seen; the two are completely equal. It was the whole reason for Bill's introduction; Mjolnir clung to him as it would Thor.
exactly, I think they mirror each other.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula: Yup, he's Thor in horse-faced form and an intergalactic warrior rather than a god. (Obvious personality differences as well, I'm not trying to marginalise either character).
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
I want to believe it's Thor, not just because I'm not a Bill-fan, but because I always think the key character should be stronger than their (for lack of a better term) understudies. Nevertheless, from everything I've seen; the two are completely equal. It was the whole reason for Bill's introduction; Mjolnir clung to him as it would Thor.
 I know they are meant to be portrayed as equals, but i find that hard to believe. They cant have exactly the same speed, strength, durability, fighting skill and experience. One has to be greater than the other, even if it's slightly. I have also seen Thor face opponents BRb couldn't. This shouldn't be possible if they were exactly equal. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Caligula
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
 I know they are meant to be portrayed as equals, but i find that hard to believe. They cant have exactly the same speed, strength, durability, fighting skill and experience. One has to be greater than the other, even if it's slightly. I have also seen Thor face opponents BRb couldn't. This shouldn't be possible if they were exactly equal. 
how do you know Bill couldn't?
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
 Because Bill got fought the same opponent and was beaten badly. I'm referring to the Godkiller skrull during the Secret Invasion. Bill had Mjolnir when he fought the skrull. He also had support from the Warriors Three, but he still lost badly. Thor came in and fought the skrull better than Bill was able to. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Caligula
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
 Because Bill got fought the same opponent and was beaten badly. I'm referring to the Godkiller skrull during the Secret Invasion. Bill had Mjolnir when he fought the skrull. He also had support from the Warriors Three, but he still lost badly. Thor came in and fought the skrull better than Bill was able to. 
but like all things in comics, it's up to the writer. (plus Secret Invasion sucked). I kinda blocked all of from my memory.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
but like all things in comics, it's up to the writer. (plus Secret Invasion sucked). I kinda blocked all of from my memory.
Bendis wrote it, PIS is a given =P
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Caligula said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Caligula said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
very much so.
 That is very true. Secret invasion sucked, and the issue I'm talking about was written by Matt Fraction >_>
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt: true, he does seem to not take into account a character's abilities when writing his stories.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Caligula
@TheGoldenOne: ah well Fraction is even more ignorant of characters pasts than Bendis.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Caligula said:
@TheGoldenOne: ah well Fraction is even more ignorant of characters pasts than Bendis.
QFT!
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

JMS FTW!!!!   
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MutenRoshi
No Caption Provided
THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By THORSON
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Walt Simonson

Jason Aaron

Michael Avon Oeming

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Walt Simonson, Roy Thomas, Stan Lee, Dan Jurgens, Tom DeFalco and Jason Aaron.

UncannyLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron has just been spectacular for me, so nice having seeing the different versions of Thor throughout the timeline.