Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Deadcool said:
" @Theworldbreaker said:
" @Deadcool: i think standing in the core of the sun deserves more then a durribilty of 6 (he did it while talking with the silver surfer). "
(Damn I never received this message) Well he is not 7 maybe because he is not Virtually indestructible, he can be hurt, and I have seen at him bleed. "

Yes, i believe that 7 is reserved for characters, who are not only very durable, but almost virtually indestructible on top of that, so like how Fury just keeps on coming back, and survive the destruction of a universe, and how Juggernaut can be reduced to a skeleton, but then reform. Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, are 6 on durability, not bad company to have.  

I think Marvel really should have gone the Eternal's route for a few god characters, like Thor and Hercules though. 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By PowerHerc
@blur99 said:
"I think there is confusion over  "martial art". It means fighting skill.  It doesn't only mean "Shaoling Kung-Fu,  Karate, Ju-jitsu, or other eastern fighting (martial) traditions".  Nowadays when we hear "martial arts" we think about the aforementioned.    So every culture where there are warriors or fighters has a "fighting (martial) art". "

Exactly!  You said it.   

A lot of people need to read this and put an end to their ignorance regarding the term "martial arts."   
Great point, my friend.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@Ruhi_Tugu said:

" @ckal said:

"If it makes it easier for you to believe, go read Hulk #27 and stop questioning people on this fact. Rulk was on the edge of the event horizon of the black hole and Thor flew in and saved him. End of story, now move on. "
we are just talking about the scan and what is seen in it. do you own every comic book? NO! well then don't expect me too "
Dude stop trolling. the dude likes the scan. shush. that should be the end of it.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#54  Edited By Deadcool
@Ruhi_Tugu said:
" @warlord1234:  how can you tell he is escaping from a black hole? "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By kheranlord12
@Deadcool said:
" @Ruhi_Tugu said:
" @warlord1234:  how can you tell he is escaping from a black hole? "

"

thanks
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Deadcool
@warlord1234: Your welcome.
Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Roman

awesome scans Thor is a beast!!!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SC  Moderator

I'll try and contribute as well. Nice thread. ^_^ 

THOR confirms he can one shot EGO in ASTONISHING THOR #2, a throwback to their history together. Its arguably he can't, since he didn't, but I am fairly certain the writer intent is there and THOR rarely jokes or brags in such context.  

No Caption Provided

Now in the PREVIEW for ASTONISHING THOR #2, THOR demonstrates MJOLNIR can chart trajectories, and that he can overtake EGO in speed. This is cool, because EGO is a confirmed hard 7 in SPEED, in the Marvel Handbooks, and you can reference a previous post to see what that means, and THOR can still, supersede him.  

No Caption Provided

THOR isn't just ASTONISHING in that book, speaking of, and this is more character awe and admiration, which I personally still think is cool, Spider-man isn't just a Blackbolt, Sentry or Hulk fan, one guy he thinks is in a different league to everyone.  

No Caption Provided

Sweet Hammer indeed. 
brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By brantumbo
@SC:
great scans. i would love to see them continue astonishing with a much more cosmic thor. loved the spidey respect for the odinson.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
@brantumbo:  Thank you my friend, I will try put more scans up. I am loving Astonishing Thor too, and its only one issue in lol, we are in luck maybe though? Fraction's first arc of the new Mighty Thor title, will have him interacting with Galactus and some Heralds, so we can expect more cosmic Thor!
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Susanoo

He can negate Magic and/or cut off their sources as shown here:

Note that Juggernaut's helmet/armor is as durable as primary Adamantium.  

Thor intercepted Ego whom was moving at hyperspace speeds: 

Catches him again after getting shot at by Stranger:   

Shows that Thor is capable of flying at hyperspace beyond Ego's speed and hyperspace which is 5000x+ FTL. Not to mention how far Ego is from Thor the second time around and Thor was going 2-4 times faster meaning Thor was at least going 10,000+ times FTL.

Said that Thor's hammer can shatter mountains and bust small planetoids: 

*Gasps* Thor can actually think and fight smart in a battle??? No way. Yes way as shown here: 

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By odinforce
@Ruhi_Tugu: to the black hole thing, if you read previous panels it says that rulk was falling into a black hole
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Should have  just named this "The Feat of Thor's Powers" if you really were going to try and copy an original thread made for a different character i mean really? (yes im jumping to conclusion's so sue me!)

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Susanoo
@AgeofHurricane said:
"Should have  just named this "The Feat of Thor's Powers" if you really were going to try and copy an original thread made for a different character i mean really? (yes im jumping to conclusion's so sue me!) "

Um I deleted that Thor thread before as I did copy and paste it from OneDumbGo's in KMC. This thread however, is for anything of current Thor. Classic is acceptable if you want. I made this so people can check out what Thor can do. And check the date of that thread for f*** sake. I realized my error and I am sorry for it.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator

Not strict feats or really that impressive compared to what we have seen before,  but Deadpool is known for a certain unorthodox intelligence coupled with his craziness, and he has fought Hulk, Hercules, and entire teams or attempted to fight entire teams by himself, Avengers and Thunderbolts included. Still... he knows better than to even attempt fighting Thor. Wade just accepts he would lose, and later even accidentally hits on Thor, adding him to the list of male characters like Shatterstar who even despite being male, can't deny what many like Wasp and She Hulk, Hellcat and Sif already know. Thor is a beautiful man. Even without the beard. (wonders if certain beardy Thor fans read this thread... make yourselves known and I promise even more beardy Thor scans... I so know you two search the Thor threads for Beardy Thor pictures...)

No Caption Provided

Impress the hell out of the Young Avengers. Following panels they seem to be pretty much starstruck. Young Avengers aren't noobie amateurs either, they have been in the presence of Kang, Doom, Sentry and a bunch of people in Civil War and Secret Invasion... still. No denying Thor isn't awe inspiring. 

No Caption Provided

Pay attention to this one. Its a little in joke for us Thor fans in a Deadpool book. 

No Caption Provided
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Deadcool
@SC said:
Pay attention to this one. Its a little in joke for us Thor fans in a Deadpool book. 

No Caption Provided
"
I just love this one.... =)
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@Susanoo: Wow? don't cry on me now
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Deadcool said:
" @SC said:

No Caption Provided
"
I just love this one.... =) "

It is pretty awesome. I fee like I need an engraved hammer now to saying something witty....
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Susanoo
@AgeofHurricane said:
" @Susanoo: Why you swearing? you mad? LOL "

Annoyed.
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@Susanoo: Understandable sorry for "annoying" you but i just thought you were copying a thread but you weren't and have already apologized for what you seemed to have done
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Susanoo
@AgeofHurricane said:
" @Susanoo: Understandable sorry for "annoying" you but i just thought you were copying a thread but you weren't and have already apologized for what you seemed to have done "

Np. Sorry for cussing at you.
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@Susanoo: It's cool :D
RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By RoninTheFury
@Deadcool said:
" Then we are suposed to post his greatest current feats here, right?
 Thor punched Galactus, and he actually feel it. (lol)
 Thor punched Galactus, and he actually feel it. (lol)

Thor killed Sentry
 Thor killed Sentry
"
I don't know if Thor killing Sentry was one of his greatest feats. It was just unrealistic. Molecule Man blew up the Sentry twice, and not only does he come back, he actually beats him, and Molecule Man is a mega power, his wife blew half of his head off and he was up and around in about a minute, and the Sentry himself, tried to commit suicide by flying into the sun, and all that really did was give him a sun tan. Don't misunderstand me, i see what you are saying, Thor killing the Sentry is a big thing, but killing Sentry with some lightning bolts? Thor should never have been able to do that without the Odinforce. 
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Valtot
@RoninTheFury:
its because sentry really wanted to die than because of everything he did
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Susanoo
@Valtot said:
"@RoninTheFury: its because sentry really wanted to die than because of everything he did "

Sentry went into the sun but he regenerated regardless of him or Void. Thor killed him. Saying kill me doesn't put a stop to his immortality.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Deadcool
@RoninTheFury said:
" I don't know if Thor killing Sentry was one of his greatest feats. It was just unrealistic. Molecule Man blew up the Sentry twice, and not only does he come back, he actually beats him, and Molecule Man is a mega power, his wife blew half of his head off and he was up and around in about a minute, and the Sentry himself, tried to commit suicide by flying into the sun, and all that really did was give him a sun tan. Don't misunderstand me, i see what you are saying, Thor killing the Sentry is a big thing, but killing Sentry with some lightning bolts? Thor should never have been able to do that without the Odinforce.  "
Thor has fought against Celestials without the Odinforce (With 3 different writers as far as I know) and also Galactus, and that was double-rectoned-Molecule Man, so we don't know how powerful is him, for that reason I posted that picture as a feat.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SC  Moderator

What determines realism, is consistency. Thats essentially what science is, testing for consistency so we can predict the reaction of an action. So when looking at this projected realism, in comics, you look at consistency. Captain America almost defeated Molecule Man one time, I find it interesting that some people believe power and effectiveness are synonymous with each other. Owen has great power, but not necessarily great effectiveness with that power. Even more so, using the ability to think, and research we can sort of figure out that Brian Michael Bendis has a tendency to ignore continuity, and consistency for the sake of the story. Thats good, he knows his audience, most of them don't care what Owen Reece did 20 years ago. Bendis basically writers the rules on the spot. Reformation is just like everything, in that its relative and that it depends and that it has a threshold. Iceman has reformed as many times as Sentry but dispersion is like a cut, as in having your arm lopped off is different to getting a paper cut. This all doesn't matter because the person who created the rules for reality has clearly said and written that Thor killed Sentry. Its possible that one can dispute the writer, but then you generally dispute everything. Including the same reasons and examples one gives to support why something isn't likely. 

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By odinforce
this pic requested by   demified
thor dents the silver surfer's head in a recent issue 
thor dents the silver surfer's head in a recent issue 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By texasdeathmatch

So Thor's kinda stupid, huh?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By TheGoldenOne
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By z3ro180
@RoninTheFury: how can anything in a comic involeing a vicking god and a monster in a small american town be relalistic????
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By gravitypress
@Z3RO180: Probably the same way there is a spellchecker but you still spelled words wrong. Lol
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gravitypress said:
@Z3RO180: Probably the same way there is a spellchecker but you still spelled words wrong. Lol
lol
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MzombieX

Anyone happen to have scans of Thor speed blitzing past Silver Surfer and smashing Galactus in the head, crushing his helm during their recent battle?
Then taking the force of the crash on Mars with SS, that Surfer stated he felt the impact ... while Thor says he didn't even feel a thing?  
Then Thor smashing SS with his hammer and telling SS, that he has no problem killing the Surfer on Mars? 

Any scans of Thor calling forth Mjolnir to tear a gaping hole straight through an amped hammer wielding Thing, in Fear itself? 
Thor taking on Thing and Hulk at the same time and then swatting the amped hammer wielding Hulk into space? 

Just a suggestion. I'd appreciate it if anyone has the scans from those more recent issues.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX: I have scans, but i can't upload images right now. Will post them as soon as i can.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MzombieX

@TheGoldenOne: Thanks Golden. I've just Copied those scans to add to my collection. Some great showings!!!

If you happen to have that scene after he deals with Thing and blasts Hulk into space also ... that would be great.

If not, that's cool and I appreciate the uploads.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MzombieX

We all know of his (Warriors Madness) his Wrath and his (Thunder) His enemies speak in whispers of the infamous and dreaded (God Blast) !!! 

Yet here, in a feat only befitting of the true Son of Asgard, Thor summons the power of the (Chick Magnet) 

No Caption Provided
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX: I'll post hem as soon as i can. Uploading is a pain recently.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MzombieX

I'm seeing some scans posted on this thread, here and there, that aren't very current.

Although I agree that Classic Thor and Current Thor are the same thing, since Thor is essentially just Thor, I'll try posting a few that are at least a bit more recent ... as the thread suggests.

Nice reaction and speed feat in my opinion. Thor hurls Mjolnir with such speed and force, that Spidey enters space ... before even his reflexes and senses can react, to release the Hammer.
Nice reaction and speed feat in my opinion. Thor hurls Mjolnir with such speed and force, that Spidey enters space ... before even his reflexes and senses can react, to release the Hammer.

No Caption Provided

Thor dealing with the Thing without effort. Intercepting his fist, dismembering his arm and shattering his jaw.
Thor dealing with the Thing without effort. Intercepting his fist, dismembering his arm and shattering his jaw.

Current Thor, discussing a Flashback sequence of how he hit Hulk so hard that he almost killed him - and how sometimes it's difficult for him to measure how much to hold back.
Current Thor, discussing a Flashback sequence of how he hit Hulk so hard that he almost killed him - and how sometimes it's difficult for him to measure how much to hold back.

~ On a side note for the scan from - Hammer and Sinew - Although this issue may not be 616, not really certain

(In an interview with Kevin Grevioux; He stated that the artist accidently put Thor in his "current" armor, in the top half of the panel. Thor was supposed to be in his "classic" costume)

Thor shows restraint
Thor shows restraint

Thor then ignores restraint, deciding to no longer hold back, at will
Thor then ignores restraint, deciding to no longer hold back, at will

Another show of restraint, as Thor hits Iron-Man a bit harder than usual, leaving Stark awe-struck
Another show of restraint, as Thor hits Iron-Man a bit harder than usual, leaving Stark awe-struck

- Durability Feat - Thor lowers Mjolnir's defenses and tanks, the full destructive force of Destroyer's disintegration, with just his body
- Durability Feat - Thor lowers Mjolnir's defenses and tanks, the full destructive force of Destroyer's disintegration, with just his body

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

~ Temporarily stripped of the Odin Force ~ Thor, at Classic levels, takes on both Hulk and Thing at the same time in a brawl.

Thor ends up killing them both; with only one arm, one eye, and without the aid of Mjolnir.

- And Yes: This is absolutely canon, as these events did take place in 616 mainstream continuity, prior to Thor changing the timeline by his own power -

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MzombieX

Although it is not technically Thor; BRB has gone on a current spree, that includes random Planet crushing and Galactic Herald stomping.

If BRB can do it, then it stands to reason that Thor can as well ... so thought I'd toss in a few scans.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
"ENOUGH!!! I told you before -- I've SHATTERED PLANETS with this Hammer"
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@MzombieX
That's red hulk.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MzombieX
@PunkMastaFlex said:

@MzombieX: That's red hulk.

That's what I had always assumed by looking at the scan. The dark lighting and reddish tone in the above panel seems to suggest that.
Yet according to an interview with the writer Kevin Grevioux, when asked about that issue; He stated that the sequence was written to be a flashback 
discussing a battle with "Green" Hulk. The artist was instructed to show Thor in his Classic costume, but he made a mistake 
that wasn't caught until after print. The artist accidently drew Thor in his current armor which gave the appearance that it was a current battle with Rhulk. 

Although either way, it still would be an impressive display of striking power.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX: Nice scans.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MzombieX

Here's a scan that happens just prior to the blitzing of Galactus from "Fear Itself" as posted above by (TheGoldenOne)
Although there is no way to determine the exact speed Thor or SS would be traveling at ...  
they are obviously in a speed blitz, with their minds and perception working at an accelerated pace.
What might be worth noting, is that Silver Surfer is well known as one of the fastest heroes in Marvel. 
Not only in reflex and travel speed, but in his ability to percieve multiple times the speed of light. 
Yet Thor is able to juke Surfer, change course, and break away towards his intended target before Surfer can react or intercept him.  

Just for fun, to go along with the Thor SS headbutt scan, I thought I'd also toss in a scan showing how the "Old Man" throws down as well.  
Cosmic Headbutts for everyone!!! 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MzombieX
@TheGoldenOne said:

@MzombieX: Nice scans.

Thanks Golden, and thanks again for posting those scans from Fear Itself that I was still missing. 
I tossed in the speed blitz to go along with it, and I hope nobody minds that I added an Odin feat to this thread ... but I though it was fitting.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@MzombieX: You're welcome :)
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheGoldenOne
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By grevous11

this was the best thread EVER. read every word and it tookme over an hour lol loved every second of it.