• 116 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Yup, there's some spoilers in here. The major ones are covered in spoiler tabs, though!*

"Must have been before my time."

The Flash is finally back! Okay, I know the break wasn't that long (Breaking Bad's was a full year, people), but when a show is this good and has so many interesting things going on, the wait sure does feel way longer than it actually is. Thankfully, "Out of Time" was worth the wait. As expected, there's some major developments with Harrison Wells -- developments that are sure to drop some jaws. Also, Weather Wizard setting his sights on Joe West brings about some solid performances and a whole lot of CGI fun.

First and foremost, how cool was the slow motion bit in the car? It seems like the show always manages to throw one of those slow motion sequences our way and they continue to impress. You'd think it would start to get old by now but it sure hasn't. I mean, obviously it's not as cheerworthy as the train bit, but it was still exciting stuff. That said, was anyone else wondering about what the villain was doing immediately after that moment? Sure, he'd be looking at the explosion, but Barry and Joe would still be in his peripheral vision, right? It seemed like they went about 15-20 feet to the left of the car. I guess Barry ran away with Joe right after that?

Let's talk about all of the relationship drama for a minute. First and foremost, this show continues to generate some lovable and adorably lighthearted scenes. In this case, it was the bowling date. A lot of credit obviously goes to the cast (remember when people were unsure about Grant Gustin getting the role and it turned out he's amazing?) and it was a nice way to balance out the tone after the dark and special effects-driven opening. On the flip side, the jealousy and Iris holding back the truth isn't exactly the show's greatest strength. Watching Iris continue to lie to herself is a little too familiar at this point and while I totally get Eddie's jealousy, it unfortunately isn't all that interesting. It just feels like another way of telling the viewer that yes, Barry and Iris are meant to be together. Hopefully they'll find a way to give Eddie something more attention-grabbing as that plot thread moves forward.

In a show that's full of fun and surreal craziness, Jesse L. Martin always brings a ton of heart to the show. Whether it's joking around with Barry or delivering something more powerful, his performance is always humanizing and completely absorbing. The guy's incredibly talented and his chemistry with Gustin is phenomenal.

No Caption Provided

The Caitlin and Wells scene was the perfect way to follow-up all of the mystery surrounding this villain. We know what's up (well, for the most part at that point), but watching everyone put together the pieces and get closer and closer to what we know is amusing. Watching Barry defend the guy is something we've already seen before (to be fair, that did instill some doubt in him), but the buildup with everyone else was definitely interesting and all of that buildup had some satisfying payoff in the scene with Caitlin. You couldn't help but feel the tension and wonder whether Wells is putting the pieces together in his head. Then, when that moment hits, it just gets your excitement level through the roof. Or at least it did for me and it should for you, too.

The one heartbreaking moment -- yeah, you know the one I'm talking about - had me totally captivated and kept me on the fine line between being okay and wanting to curl up in a ball and cry forever. I'm not going to lie, it had me holding back some tears, but a small part of me couldn't help but feel like this gripping encounter was slightly ruined by the way the show was promoted. Just like many other fans, I watched the trailer for what's to come. So, several moments from video that rushed to my mind and had me saying, "Yeah, even though this is incredibly emotional, there's about a zero percent chance it'll stick." Despite that criticism (which is really aimed at the people behind the promos and not the show), the scene was still so powerful. Seriously awesome performances from both of the people involved. And yeah, dancing around that spoiler wasn't easy.

That tidal wave scene was a double-edged sword for me. On the positive side, it brought about a satisfying (and overdue!) reveal, looked terrific, and brought about a huuuuuge plot development. Plus, seeing Barry push himself is just always awesome, you know? That scene has changed the stage and we're about to get some hopefully great stuff because of it. On the negative side, that action from Weather Wizard seemed to come out of nowhere. He made it clear he was going to kill Joe's daughter (she pays for the sins of her father and what not) and then probably him. But killing one unarmed woman suddenly turned into "everyone in the city will die with her!" I get he's an evil dude, but that escalated quickly. Based on what we saw, it didn't really make any sense for the character to take things to that level instead of just targeting Iris. Like I said, the scene looked great and produced some important things, but it feels like the villain did that just for the plot. It's not a big deal, but it stood out to me.

No Caption Provided

So, about that big Reverse-Flash reveal. It's cool he's Eobard Thawne, but -- and maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy here -- wasn't the first major Reverse-Flash encounter way too complicated for a "speed mirage" to be the answer to how it happened? It took him a noticeable amount of time just to create a static image of himself in front of Cisco and I remember the previous encounter being way more elaborate than that.

Minor criticisms: What's up with police officers being totally useless in the CW-verse? No one drew their gun when that dude started dropping threats? I get Joe warned them after getting struck, but you'd think at least one of them would shoot at this man who's clearly attacking the station. It would have been a really cool way of showing us that Weather Wizard can generate wind around him that's powerful enough to stop bullets. That would justify why Flash couldn't just run up and punch the baddie in the jaw.

The Flash is back and this episode reminds me why I love this show so very much. It's the kind of show that hits you with heartbreak and drama but never keeps you feeling down for too long. It's done a brilliant job giving us an emotional connection to these characters, so when it all goes downhill for someone, it hits us in the gut like a supersonic punch. But that feeling doesn't last forever because the show's every bit as focused on making us smile, laugh and fill us with awe. The first season isn't over yet and this show has already taken some huge steps forward. It's doing a stunning job embracing this character's mythos and giving us an enormous amount of fan service. Sure, I have some criticisms about tonight's episode. It's a bit of a bummer some of these developments won't stick (I was so happy the Barry and Iris story did what it needed to do, but at least now he knows how she feels), but the fact we're already jumping into the time travel deep end is so exciting. There's some leaps in logic and some of the relationship material wasn't that strong at times, but the second half of this episode was downright amazing and some very strong performances made it even better. "Out of Time" almost made me cry, it made me laugh, and it filled me with excitement and intrigue. I think what it did well really compensates for my criticisms, so yeah, The Flash's return is earning 5-stars. It's good to have Central City back in my life.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This episode man...whoa

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is the superhero show we deserve.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loved this episode

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7?10

It's most likely going to undo a lot of this story. most likley cisco's death. Iris knowing and the captains injury.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

This episode was amazing!!!

Though I wished that they didn't decide to cancel the progress they made by going back in time

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@obsidian_raindrop1 said:

7?10

It's most likely going to undo a lot of this story. most likley cisco's death

Oh yeah, of course it will. Like I said in the review, I was left with the feeling that development won't stick, but it was still a great scene!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@unbreakable_fs4: Just so you know, I edited your post so I uses spoiler tabs.

And yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but now Barry knows how Iris feels about him. That should make things very interesting for that story arc. Plus, I love Cisco, so I'm really curious to see how his story will play out differently.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@obsidian_raindrop1 said:

7?10

It's most likely going to undo a lot of this story. most likley cisco's death

Oh yeah, of course it will. Like I said in the review, I was left with the feeling that development won't stick, but it was still a great scene!

It's sort of a cheat unless thy do somrthing really reative otherwise you know this saw basically a stunt to do evey shocking thing they could do. Personally i would of liked this episode if they had us see the full ramification of all this or more hints to what was leading up to this like that doctor who episode where they abused the hell out of time travel to win.

JAXX_ARCHER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Flash show is damn good. Only thing I cringe at is the corny love story, too cheesy for my taste. But everything else is awesome. The story and the way flash's abilities are slowly manifesting themselves and being showcased to the audience is awesome. As a comic-book fan its good to see when things are done well on screen.

I thought Cisco was a goner in this episode, and I was like "damn it, I can't believe they would kill off his character, he has been killing it!". But then they did the time jump and I was like whoa, great twist, worthy of a standing ovation in the living from my kids.

Kinda weird seeing Spartacus as Weather Wizard, but it was also weird seeing Crixus as Slade at first.

Episode was awesome

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By the_comebacks

The big reveal was goosebumps worthy. There is still a ton to be explained. And the time traveled angle will be interesting.And I am so glad Cisco didn't die.

My only real negative was Barry techinically cheated on Linda when he kissed Iris. I know that might be "changed" but I didn't like that. 8.8/10 for me.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This show man...it's too awesome to put into words.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best episode of any show all season! I can't watch agents of shield after this! I gotta watch this episode one more time

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best episode of any show all season! I can't watch agents of shield after this! I gotta watch this episode one more time

agree.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By GalacticFork

Overall a great episode! But a few things really bother me.

First... Let's tune the radio to conveniently contextual news station! Broadcasting the exact weather and news you need at any given moment. This is 2015! Pull out your phone, "hey my phone's satellite weather app says there's just one tiny very specifically placed cloud right over our head."

Second... Why the hecking heck didn't West take the magical weather stick with him to go after the weather guy? Geee... This stick totally removes the dude's powers... nah, why would we ever need that?

Third... OK, Barry can drag several people out of a derailing train in a second, but he can't grab the chief guy AND knock out the depowered bad guy? He could have done it 23 times in the time it took him to give that significant look to Joe.

The scene in the car between Barry and Joe was great. They have the best father/son chemestry... Much more than Iris and Barry have as a couple. Plus there's the adopted brother/sister thing going.

The scene alluded to in the review... The Scene was amazing. I didn't hold back tears at all, I let them flow freely. Chills.

Totally ruined by the ending though. "Oooohhhh."

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@k4tzm4n said:

@unbreakable_fs4: Just so you know, I edited your post so I uses spoiler tabs.

And yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but now Barry knows how Iris feels about him. That should make things very interesting for that story arc. Plus, I love Cisco, so I'm really curious to see how his story will play out differently.

My mistake. Sorry about that I was multitasking between threads and it slipped my mind.

Regarding Barry and Iris, I do see it as an advantage but knowing how Barry is depicted in the show he might start acting awkward around her. Knowing that Iris is still confused about her feelings, him being more straightforward towards her might put her off, especially since Linda already voiced her grievances on her and Barry's performance at the bowling alley. Even if Barry starts to come on to Iris now he has knowledge of her feelings, I don't think he would break things off with Linda smoothly and quickly without causing her to constantly worry and be hurt. I think this is true judging by how long it too him to confess his feelings to Iris. He's definitely not straightforward. He'll undoubtably cause Linda headaches unfortunately, plus Iris has Eddie's recent feelings to worrry about. Rather than the spur of the moment kinda thing that took place while she confessed to Barry, the slower pace of things might lead to much contemplating, hurt feelings, and even possibly a ruined friendship (Barry and Eddie).

Regarding Cisco, I agree with you there. I hate that he'll still being under the belief that Harrison is innocent but I do want him to live so I'm fine with that.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lurkero

Although Flash is awesome, time travel is a plot device that has to be done REALLY well in order for me to appreciate it. Using time travel this soon in the series worries me. What else can just be undone by time travel?

I also have a problem with the villains. Where are people with powers who are GOOD? Does everyone else really have to be evil? It's gets annoying when someone like Weatherman goes from wanting to get revenge on one person to trying to wipe out everybody. More moderate villains or heroes are desired.

Edit: I gotta give some credit to Firestorm, but I feel like he spent more time as a threat than he did a hero.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was a game changer, in terms of what I will be looking for from all cb shows from now on. By far the best show I've ever seen on the telly, you can keep all the others. The Flash moves the top of the list.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By MrMazz

Okie dokie flash could either get amazing more so than it already is or this could be some convoluted times whimsy crap

Cheap Plug to User Review

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm wondering what the movie is going to cover at this point the show will be up to it's 4th Season at that point and it's setting up so much groundwork for the future.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero said:

Although Flash is awesome, time travel is a plot device that has to be done REALLY well in order for me to appreciate it. Using time travel this soon in the series worries me. What else can just be undone by time travel?

I also have a problem with the villains. Where are people with powers who are GOOD? Does everyone else really have to be evil? It's gets annoying when someone like Weatherman goes from wanting to get revenge on one person to trying to wipe out everybody. More moderate villains or heroes are desired.

Yeah, the problem is that they created a catalyst to make all (most) the super powers, but they're also limiting things to flash villains... So of course it seems all the people affected by the wave are evil men, since that's what most of the villains are (only 2 women had powers so far, neither evil).

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By comicace3

I'm still trying to figure out if Eobard is truly evil. I mean he's a man with an agenda. The things he does, he doesn't do lightly like killing Cisco.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork:

I gave up on Flash being competent enough to stop villains as soon as he arrives on the scene. It makes little sense for Flash to be able to move faster than any human can see and yet he never seems to have the time to incapacitate someone. It's ridiculous and you need some strong suspension of disbelief to get past it.

That episode where Arrow was training Flash was totally wasted. Arrow showed Flash how important it was to be able to survey a scene and act accordingly as quickly as possible.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dan12456

Every time people say Flash is better than Arrow I've said, "sure this year, but nothing in Flash has matched the last half of Season 2 of Arrow yet." Well tonight changed that. This episode was as good as anything from Arrow.

Although I agree that the CW marketing spoils a lot. I can't help watching the previews/reading the episode descriptions, but they give away way too much. Especially those sizzle reals.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this episode had me like

No Caption Provided

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was a vicious punch to the stomach with all the twists and turns

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is easily one of the best shows on tv. and easily the best marvel or dc out .

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode

lightntangy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lightntangy

@lurkero: I think the main thing to take away from this is that the time travel was an accident, and he might not be able to time travel on command

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't even know it was back on tonight...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dondave

I nearly thought that with the way Wells killed Cisco that they could somehow turn it around and make it so that vibrating his hand into his chest somehow unlocked his latent powers.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: I think the main thing to take away from this is that the time travel was an accident, and he might not be able to time travel on command

There's not really much to it. Run fast enough, he goes back in time.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GREAT EPISODE!! Flash is killing it!

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: That's what I was hoping for until they brought in time travel.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i love joe

graftn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This episode was horrible. It was like every CW-ism imaginable packed into 40 minutes. Like we've suddenly gone from mid-season 2 Arrow to current Arrow. This is a shame because there were some really cool developments here, and could have been even more impactful were they in a better-written episode, though by the end I'm not sure any of them matter.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dondave said:
@lightntangy said:

There's not really much to it. Run fast enough, he goes back in time.

I'm going to guess there is going to be major consequences for freaking with the time line though.

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was the best episode so far.As for the time travel,looks like it's going to have it's drawbacks so it well become a dire use only trick.Which in turn helps to give the hero a reason to hold back ,making future threat more plausible.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was bananas!

The only thing I can't get past. After Barry absorbed weather wizards powers why didn't he knock him out before taking the dude to the hospital! Lol! Damn Barry

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this episode was a good one. it deserves a 10/10.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved everything in this episode, but Tom Cavanagh has become my favorite actor on the show. The guy is so nuanced, and it's so difficult to place his alignment (gonna go with Chaotic Neutral for now,) that he's just an intriguing character to watch. One third of the time, he's the oddly likable father-figure Harrison Wells, another third sees him downright nasty as The Reverse Flash, and tonight as Eobard Thawne I was legit feeling sad for him and his plight, while intrigued to see where he goes from here.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just had a jaw drop. This is a solid episode.

Flash

Constantine

Arrow

>The rest CBTV show is just pure cr@p

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Cavanagh is awesome. He made the show Ed what it was. It was one of my favorites while I was growing up

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great ep.

Cavanagh is amazing in his role.

The scene was one of the best tv scenes this years

The only negative is that Barry and Iris both cheat on their relationships, and Iris has actively tried to sabotage Barry's relationship in previous episodes. Even if Barry and Iris end up together like in the comics I really want Eddie to smack Barry and Linda to break Iris's face before that happens.

cheluprim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cheluprim

Aw man, I just started watching the flash last week and I love it! I definitely didn't think things would progress this quickly but it was frkn AWESOME :) and heart breaking at the same time..... Oh the pain

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The final scenes with the captain and his life partner and the one with Cisco and Wells had me in tears... I never knew a superhero themed TV show could evoke such emotion out of me like that. The feels, guys, the feels. This week's episode, wow!

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn... Can't remember the last time I was this invested in a TV show...

Best. episode. Yet!

A lot happened, and I can't wait to see what time travel factors in...