DC Announces the Return of TEEN TITANS

• 176 results
kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So this must be why Pfeifer's run on RHatO was cut short. Huh? But where are Donna, Wally, Garth, etc. I thought the new book was supposed to be about them. This looks like a continuation of the Lobdell stuff.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that's Raven she looks lame

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By w0nd

Once I made it to the Bar Tor story I was confused and left a bitter taste in my mouth. The superboy story that was running along side the bar tor one wasn't easy for me to follow.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@primedirective said:

Raven's outfit isn't THAT bad is it? I for on kind of like it. It plays into both her namesake and her demonic heritage. Also, the elaborate nature of it makes way more sense with her being the avatar of pride and all. Make a lot more sense that the hooded cloak and one-piece bathing suit in my opinion.

I also agree with Raven's outfit not being THAT bad. You give good reasons for it as well. I think if the previous Raven had never existed people wouldn't take so badly to the new one. IMO it's a lot to do with fans having high expectations for someone they're so used to seeing a certain way.

It wouldn't be that bad if had been on another character, like Dove, but it's on Raven where it does a number of things it shouldn't:

1. It's messing with a George Perez design that was simple and elegant, this however is so over designed that all the details will never ever make it onto the interior pages.
  2. The old design only hinted at her name being that of a bird, and even then it was the customary way for the people of Azerath to dress. Speaking of dress, thats what Raven used to wear 905% of the time, it's only the cartoon that used a leotard to simplify the animation. The new one is very heavy handed by giving her clawed gloves, a cloak that has 'feathers', feathers on her boots and a helmet that's shaped like a beak.
  3. That helmet which has no eye holes...
  4. The only time Raven was the sin of pride was during Winnick's Titans and in the MMO, it's never mentioned beyond those instances. Right now and only according to Lobdell, so far, Raven is the Queen of the Underrealms, which hasn't been explained or explored.
Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@outside_85: Yeh I prefer the old Raven look as well. I was just saying the design isn't that bad, maybe it was just a bad choice to use it to replace Raven with. If it was a brand new character people might've actually liked the look.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't be that bad if had been on another character, like Dove, but it's on Raven where it does a number of things it shouldn't:

1. It's messing with a George Perez design that was simple and elegant, this however is so over designed that all the details will never ever make it onto the interior pages.
  2. The old design only hinted at her name being that of a bird, and even then it was the customary way for the people of Azerath to dress. Speaking of dress, thats what Raven used to wear 905% of the time, it's only the cartoon that used a leotard to simplify the animation. The new one is very heavy handed by giving her clawed gloves, a cloak that has 'feathers', feathers on her boots and a helmet that's shaped like a beak.
  3. That helmet which has no eye holes...
  4. The only time Raven was the sin of pride was during Winnick's Titans and in the MMO, it's never mentioned beyond those instances. Right now and only according to Lobdell, so far, Raven is the Queen of the Underrealms, which hasn't been explained or explored.

Fair counterpoints, for sure... But I have some counter-counterpoints!

1.) I'd agree with simple, but not with elegant. Raven's old look was bland. It portrayed an anti-social loner with dark inner issues to brood over. And the Raven on he chest looked out of place. She's a deeper character than that and her dress-style was quite shallow.

2.) Raven DID wear a leotard in the comics. It just had a loincloth drape that was removed from the cartoon version. The Cartoon version also removed the tacky raven logo. All things considered, the cartoon outfit was also an improvement, but still rather bland. This one says "Raven" without a logo and portrays who she is and what she does rather well I think.

3.) Raven as always been able to see without seeing. Nothing new here.

4.) I still see it as a nod to the pride aspect. Further still, even if she isn't pride in the New 52, she IS still a queen and her new outfit screams "Queen of the Underworld" in a way her old one never could. Regal, bold, intricate, and still extremely dark and fearsome.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#157  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Have the Titans learned that Tim has been replaced by Constantine (World's Most Doofiest (not)Robin) yet?

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@primedirective: Well said... Maybe they should have met somewhere in the middle, I can see why people think it's such a drastic difference. If they had fused the old and new designs it'd probably be an awesome, modernized Raven.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Outside_85

@primedirective said:

Fair counterpoints, for sure... But I have some counter-counterpoints!

1.) I'd agree with simple, but not with elegant. Raven's old look was bland. It portrayed an anti-social loner with dark inner issues to brood over. And the Raven on he chest looked out of place. She's a deeper character than that and her dress-style was quite shallow.

2.) Raven DID wear a leotard in the comics. It just had a loincloth drape that was removed from the cartoon version. The Cartoon version also removed the tacky raven logo. All things considered, the cartoon outfit was also an improvement, but still rather bland. This one says "Raven" without a logo and portrays who she is and what she does rather well I think.

3.) Raven as always been able to see without seeing. Nothing new here.

4.) I still see it as a nod to the pride aspect. Further still, even if she isn't pride in the New 52, she IS still a queen and her new outfit screams "Queen of the Underworld" in a way her old one never could. Regal, bold, intricate, and still extremely dark and fearsome.

1) Which was what she was, but not by choice. And the bird... it only existed for the brief period of time she didn't wear a dress.

2) Only for the same period of time that she had the bird on the chest, which was the few post-OYL issues she was on TT before moving to Titans. Besides that, it has always been a dress, but one that happened to be hugging her figure.

3) Ah no, she can sense emotions, it was only during Krul's issues they chose to show this as similar to how Black Lanterns saw the living. Outside of that it has always remained at 'I sense...'.

4) The only thing it screams is; 'Is it clear enough for you that her name is that of a bird?' It doesn't look regal, it doesn't look intimidating, it doesn't look practical in any shape or form. It just makes her look like some hybrid between a human and a pokemon. And if you think her old costume couldn't look regal or intimidating:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And just to add insult to injury, we had someone else make redesign that's actually good:

No Caption Provided

So why are we stuck with a digimon?

Red_Vibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the New 52 now. They are trying to make things new. Yes we all have how we want to see a character, but change is good. I mean Lobdell is not on Teen Titans anymore, even though his series was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. However it is far from perfect too. The thing that angers me the most is that beast boy is green again. Dc took a step and made him new by making him red, which made him look like a total boss. So if they are trying to promote new, then when are they going backwards?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tinfoil Hat Theory: This cover is just a placeholder, and none of the characters featured on it will be in the book. Cassie is just a stand-in for NuDonna; Tim is a stand-in for a de-aged NuDick; Bunker is a stand-in for NuGarth; and Raven and Beast Boy are stand-ins for NuWally and a de-aged NuRoy.

Dick and Roy exist in the New 52, but are too old to be "Teens." Wally seems to be a teen on the cover of Flash Annual #3, rather than Dick or Roy's ages. Garth was called a "boy," which could mean teen, in the pages of Aquaman. NuDonna is supposed to show up in Sumperman and Wonder Woman. Woman Woman is 23, so if Donna is younger than that then there's a good chance she's a teen. And Dan "Silver Age" Didio has "plans" for the Teen Titans according to Scott Lobdell.

It's NuDC's counter to Marvel's All New X-Men.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@red_vibe said:

This is the New 52 now. They are trying to make things new. Yes we all have how we want to see a character, but change is good. I mean Lobdell is not on Teen Titans anymore, even though his series was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. However it is far from perfect too. The thing that angers me the most is that beast boy is green again. Dc took a step and made him new by making him red, which made him look like a total boss. So if they are trying to promote new, then when are they going backwards?

Beast Boy was always going to be green again. he was only going to be Red for as long and Animal Man was dealing with the rot apparently.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@captainmarvel4ever: A bit of an update on whether or not the Gen 13 is happening or not.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/11/the-new-gen-13-to-be-written-and-drawn-by-tony-daniel/

It seems it wasn't an april fools joke but their sources were wrong.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dernman: Huh, I guess you were right. Although in the end, no Gen 13 means we both lose :( but hey, who knows what the future holds?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@captainmarvel4ever: What baffles me it out of the three popular books from that line WildCATS, Stormwatch, Gen 13. They choose the hardest one of them to try to fit into the 52. That being Stormwatch and the easiest Gen 13 they don't. They even had plans for WildCATS before those plans fell through. The endings of Blackhawks, Grifter, and Voodoo were all leading towards that.

Red_Vibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@red_vibe said:

Beast Boy was always going to be green again. he was only going to be Red for as long and Animal Man was dealing with the rot apparently.

well I know that in the latest Teen Titans issue (29), Beast Boy was still Red, and he probably will still be red through the end of the series this month.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo Green is hip again!

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassie really shouldn't be having d-cups at age 16.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

When there's trouble, you know who to call.

Avatar image for megatronsoutofenergon
megatronsoutofenergon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big fan of the pre-52 titans. didn't feel lobdells run. so heres hoping this one I can sink my teeth in

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#172  Edited By ComicKing7

I don't read Flash but didn't they bring back Wally West. If so is there any chance he'll show up here?

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

So I was never following any of the young justice titles. Can some explain to me why Beast Boy was red and now he's green? was that like another beast boy or is it the same who just so happened to have a color change?

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_vibe:

@red_vibe said:

Yeah but they already had there chance to do new stuff with this team and they blew it, in my opinion nothing has changed and this will still be terrible.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was never following any of the young justice titles. Can some explain to me why Beast Boy was red and now he's green? was that like another beast boy or is it the same who just so happened to have a color change?

The New 52 idea in regards to Beast Boy was to tie him visually to the Red Kingdom from Animal Man. RK is essentially a metaphysical realm of flesh and blood. But thats not really the reason why they changed the color. That reason falls on the reasoning that the Red Kingdom is one of three, of which one if the Green Kingdom headed by Swamp Thing and essentially rules plants. Soo the heads at DC would think people thought BB was a vegetable since he was green and Cyborg of old used to call him Salad-head and Green-Bean. :S

So far however, Beast Boy hasn't turned green on any of the interior pages, yet. But maybe something weird happens in the last issue or the annual ala how Hank McCoy's various mutations seems to go.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

@outside_85: Ok that's pretty cool. I can get behind that idea. I'm familiar with the Red, Green and Rot but I appreciate the details. I kinda like him red, it makes more sense to me than green. I've been keeping up with the Batman titles mostly but I'm thinking of getting a bit more into the Teen Titans or Secret Origins.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustavoburciaga1: I'd advise you wait till the book relaunches before you sign up, the last two issues seem to be about tying up all the plot threads Lobdell's started ages ago.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By gettogaara

Not too enthused to hear that it's not a complete reboot and they're keeping with Lobdell's continuity but it has my interest. Beast Boy being green again is a good sign, although I'm still not fond of Raven's costume. If she would at least take the helmet off and pull up the hood.

Oh and it's kind of strange that people(on other sites)are seriously protesting wonder girl's body as if it's completely impossible. When I was in middle school there was a girl with breasts about the same size and she was 12. Needless to say, it became more common in hs.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gettogaara: If you want to know the truly insane thing; CBR ran an article where someone deconstructed this promo image, and a week later there had been death threats against the author, hackers or w/e had found out where she lived and so on, it's completely insane. And thanks to that, all of the CBR boards were completely wiped out and restructured.