DC Announces the Return of TEEN TITANS

• 176 results
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I recently got into Young Justice so this would be perfect jumping on point for me.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Well that took long... why relaunch the series, why not just change the creative team? Oh well, I can't complain I have been looking forward to this ever since they announced that the series would be cancelled :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@jstndmnd: it's kinda hard to explain but I understand why they didn't.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

To be honest, I thought they meant the original animated series.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought for a second they were canceling Teen Titans Go and bringing back the other Teen Titans animated series, Oh well.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad they left me a jumping-off point. Been trimming my pulls...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#109  Edited By Saren

I see Rocafort's teens still look like children....

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like Raven's new costume and I hope they explain why Beast Boy is green.

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is truly a issue one where new readers can easily read this new series without reading the past issues.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@nightfang: By DC logic, he is now a plant :D

So it's not really a new team in the book, but we have a new team on the book. Dunno anything about Will, do know I don't like Rocafort's art... or that abomination he turned Raven's suit into.

But glad to see something that looks like a fresh start... as long as Will doesnt take any or only the barest minimum of pointers from Lobdell's run.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By grenade728

Gonna try it out, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I like Rocafort though.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#114  Edited By Teerack

Kenneth Rocafort yes!!!!!!! yes!!!!!! :D

Also I like how they said "All-New" xD

The only thing worrying me is that Pfeifer is the writer who ruined Red Hood and the Outlaws, so I have no faith he can write young heroes good.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@teerack said:

The only thing worrying me is that Pfeifer is the writer who ruined Red Hood and the Outlaws, so I have no faith he can write young heroes good.

He ruined Red Hood and the Outlaws in the span of one issue?

rigormortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank Grodd, Beast Boy is green again.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks cool but unfortunately I wont be purchasing s**t DC does until my Donna Troy is back...

AmbushSatyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory to beast boy being green is that maybe he is well... not beast boy and goes by the name of Changeling like beast boys old name.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting a 3d printout of that Wonder Girl image ;)

As for the book,i'll wait for reviews.

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually Wally West will be added hopefully. I really hope the original Superboy will be back and maybe they might be retcon him to be an actual clone of Superman and Luthor. I really want to see Aqualad (Garth) and Miss Martian. Put Blue Beetle and Static in this since their series ended. I want them to retcon and bring a real Bart Allen in as Impulse. I want them to bring Artemis back and say that it was just a coincidence that the girl in the Culling was blond and named Artemis.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Superboy being the clone of Lex and Clark was a Geoffcon (Geoff Johns retcon)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@teerack said:

He ruined Red Hood and the Outlaws in the span of one issue?

Oh he only did one? Sorry I got him mixed up with James Tynion IV who took over after Lobel.

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least we know, and I guess, this is how DC will be reviving "dead" titles by doing relaunches. I still prefer if they do cancellations and new and/or revived titles in waves.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to it. Tim has been my favorite DC character since his creation and I have enjoyed watching him become Gotham Dark Knight in his own right. KR is one of my favorite artist so I will definitely buy this issue to enjoy his work. Scott was good but ehhhh lacking a bit later on in the issues. I hope this run turns out better. Rosters great so far. I don't hate Raven's new52 look to much, granted my only issue is that there's a lack of detail to it. KR is a beast with putting on the characters costume detail so here's to hoping it makes an improvement...I hope he doesn't do that scattered feather look on RR's cape when not in use like everyone else does because that is just awful. It comes together and forms a genuine cape when not in use for crying out loud >:/

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well helllooooo wonder girl ;p

But seriously I'm glad this series is getting a new writer with a fresh start, the TV series was amazing, so i'm hoping this will be a lot better than Lobdell's.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yay the writer or Amazons Attack will now write Teen Titans! Seriously though I actually am looking forward to this comic book. I am somewhat glad the team consists of only 5 characters. I prefer 5 good written characters than 10 badly written characters. And the art looks pretty amazing.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta love some Kenneth Rocafort. His art is beautiful.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bout time. But where's superboy and kid flash?

Love KR's art.... beast boy looks like an elf though

Well, at least he's back to green. Red looked awful. I wonder if that will come in play anytime soon.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking now that Animal Man is in space, the Red connection got weaker and anyone were connected with it got changed a bit in physical appearance, instead of relying on the Red, Gar's powers relies more now on the Sakuta Virus. Well, that's my half assed attempt of explanation anyway.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Teerack

I really hope this time around the editors at least pretend to do their job so that Teen titans makes sense without having to read 3 other titles. With no exaggeration the longest chain of issues the entire last volume had that didn't need you to read another comic to understand was 3 issues in a row. and even then that only happened once haha that's so sad and poorly done.

and it's been a super long time now... when will be see Tempest =_=

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By SilverPool

Awesome, I'm loving this art.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By feargalr

Hmmm I may check it out. I really wanted to like Lobdell's run but it wasn't for me. I do love Rocafort's art though so maybe. I'm finding lately that I'm reading very few DC books, the only one I'm really excited for every month is Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Damn... Glad to see TT is getting a shuffle but it's not the result I hoped for... They've kept crappy Bunker but got rid of Solstice?? wtf? Makes no sense. And back to a green Beast Boy? Why? I thought it was one of the redesigns that was actually good, it was consistent with the whole Red and Green thing of Animal Man and Swamp Thing etc.

@squalleon said:
  • Raven looks terrible...
  • Wasn't Beast Boy red in th New 52?
  • No Superboy :-(
  • Good roster although i was hoping for an expansion.

they said that a member of the Flash family and the Super family will also join

Oh... So they took away only to put straight back? Great... I would much rather see the recruitment of Miss Martian and Aqualad.

Gotta say though I love the art of Kenneth Rocafort, he's my favourite artist along with Simon Bisley.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to distance it as much as they can from Lobdell's run. Keep the primary characters, replace the secondary characters for a new lineup, change all of the costumes, and retool the broken origin stories.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Super boy?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagedleo730: yes I know but it was the best recon for the character...there are a lot more stories to be told with the Lex/Superman combination than the Superman/Westfield combination

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@teerack: Yeah, while comic book fans are no strangers to hyperbole, I thought it was weird that someone would say that. I wasn't much of a fan of Tynion's run either, what with the mind wiping and the sorcerer Ra's al Ghul.

General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see the back of Skitter as well. Such a pointless, waste of space character.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#140  Edited By SynCig

I have never read anything written by Will Pfeifer so I have no basis to judge him by. Rocafort art is gorgeous and I'm glad he is drawing something not written by Scott Lobdell. I'm cautiously optimistic despite the terrible Raven costume. I just hope her characterization is better under Pfeifer's direction. She is one of my favorite characters but she has been frequently mishandled throughout her existence.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

WOHOO! Lobdell is gone YAY! No more parallell time line, all-kowing judas travaler... i mean harvest BS which makes no sense due to this entire line of books being rebooted/rewritten with every re-printing of an issue and trade! Now we can hopefully have REAL characters rather than those things that Lobdell wrote about (i would say those Gary/Mary-sue's, but they didn't even quilify for that description). Everything can only go up now.... right?

As with many people here i HATED the Lobdell run for so many reasons (you name it) and i think we all just forgot that this series actually existed as it never actually had an impact on the wider DCU (except in their appearance in Forever Evil). The characters were not the characters that All of us wanted to read about, having been beaten and mangled into figures who didn't ever resembled the Titans we'd come to read about prior to the launch of the new continuity but being thrown to our faces with the label "new 52. everything old is new again and nothing is the same" meaning "we don't actually have to read about these characters as we can just make shit up about them, make them darker and edgier as we possibly can, make them all red/wear red, and have no external characteristics or anything else which links them as being kids/young adults trying to figure out how to be a super-hero in a world where right and wrong are not so clear etc." To finally get a new series is, for the most part (prior to reading it) a godsend and a breath of fresh air. It is unfortunate that the *shudder* Lobdell continuity cannot be erased as a result of the "wibble-wobbley-timey-wimy" which was painted all over his series (just as DC did with their Legion of super-heroes run, relagating them to earth 2 in their final issue despite strongly claiming that they, and their legion lost counterparts, were actually from teh future of the main continuity earth) but as the series goes on we might just find out that the Lobdell stuff gets ignored/re-written in the background (or we can all hope). Beast boys back as being green. That is a positive as far as I'm concerend (and i know that he was "meant", meaning "an-exscuse-made-up-to-justify-an-unnecessary-change", to be red due to the whole Animal man/Sawmp Thing Green, Red and Rot connection, but asethically he's better in green and it adds a whole new, unused in the lobdell run colour pallet to the team). Raven costume i still do not like, but isn't she still meant to be evil raven right now? if so than we may see her return to "normal" later on. The absence of SB and KF are not a major concern right now, esspecially due to the mess made of their histories/characters by the previous run, and i think fixing them properlly would be a better solution than just letting the messed up incarnations back into the book. + we may actually get Tim Drake as a character rather than the "olympic level gymnast, super-haking, sidekick-not sidekick" Gary stue character that we got in the previous run.

Now obviously i'm asking for WAY to much. but i think we all wanted changes such as these after the last Titans run. Sure we want other characters back in it (statick, Blue Beetle, Aqualad, Artimus (who isn't killed off straight away), miss martian, red devil, bombshell etc....) but i think, considering the character overload we got in the Lobdell run during the abismall "culling" experience getting the characteristics of 5 previously runied would be better than ruining other characters (some more). I do enjoy Rocaforts art work and for that reason alone will be picking up the first issue. As for Pfeifer i am unsure, mostly due to my limited knowledge of his work. I'm aware form his CV page that he wrote on Catwoman for ~33 issues (a series which i know nothing about and have only recently started to find back issues for to feed my collecting habit) but i'm also aware that he also wrote "Amazons Attack" which, to put it politely, was not good. Now i have no idea what he's done since then, but i'm confident that whatever her writes will be an imporvement (to what scale i cannot say) to what we have had previously.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Wow,Rocafort's has drawn a really beautiful Wonder Girl.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By myerlanski

Love the teen titans. Glad to see th back.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complaining about Wonder Girl's body apparently never went to my high school.

Beast Boy being green seems so weird now. I always thought that Beat Boy being red made way more sense. Oh well... Maybe there's a good explanation.

Bunker was alright so I'm glad they kept him around.

Raven's outfit isn't THAT bad is it? I for on kind of like it. It plays into both her namesake and her demonic heritage. Also, the elaborate nature of it makes way more sense with her being the avatar of pride and all. Make a lot more sense that the hooded cloak and one-piece bathing suit in my opinion.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive never read any of Will Pfeifer's work, but it will be hard to suck more than Lobdell so im in

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By RustyRoy

Art looks good, costumes look terrible.

General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complaining about Wonder Girl's body apparently never went to my high school.

Beast Boy being green seems so weird now. I always thought that Beat Boy being red made way more sense. Oh well... Maybe there's a good explanation.

Bunker was alright so I'm glad they kept him around.

Raven's outfit isn't THAT bad is it? I for on kind of like it. It plays into both her namesake and her demonic heritage. Also, the elaborate nature of it makes way more sense with her being the avatar of pride and all. Make a lot more sense that the hooded cloak and one-piece bathing suit in my opinion.

I agree about Beast Boy, seems like the least of things that needed changing.

I personally dislike Bunker, I think he's a boring character with a lazy idea for a power set, just a toned down version of Green Lantern. Definitely worth dropping before Solstice.

I also agree with Raven's outfit not being THAT bad. You give good reasons for it as well. I think if the previous Raven had never existed people wouldn't take so badly to the new one. IMO it's a lot to do with fans having high expectations for someone they're so used to seeing a certain way.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#148  Edited By sora_thekey

I like the roster, the art, and the costumes... Just find the quote from Will Pfeifer on his interview with Newsarama a little ironic:

"Putting the #1 on the cover of our first issue accomplished a couple of things: First of all, it draws attention to the book."

Does this sound familiar?? Oh yeah, every All-New Marvel NOW! explanation begins like this....

karasu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By karasu_

I don't know what everybody is B!*&#!%& about, Ravens Costume is Frikkin awesome. [:

It's good to see Beast boy back as well.
I bet the roster can only get better from here.
(I hope)

ClobberMatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roboadmiral: Her costume isn't good but I hate Tim's costume. Apparently the concept of less is more doesn't apply to the new 52 teen titans.