Why people in this forum don't like the classic Superman\Lois Lane?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You are so bad with Lois :-(

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it supports the idea of a cis- gendered racist (both are white) couple and supports the rape culture and also suppress woman (why don't lois have powers too? Does she earn as much as sup?) ugh

And because lois doesn't have anything to back up the love from the biggest hero and it's pretty much lame hue

Denko069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(I guess) It's because she basically (in most versions) loves Superman, but totally ignores Clark.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denko069: "she basically (in most versions) loves Superman, but totally ignores Clark"..........................you mean, like everyone else in the world 0_o?

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By suemorphplus209

@moul: By classic, what do you mean? Golden Age, where Lois was an asshole to Clark while a fan girl to Superman? Silver Age, where Superman was a pimp that Lois was trying to impress (which was funny, I might add), post-crisis where he married her? Right now where she is a sometimes coworker?

Right now, she's fine being a friend and a coworker, they have told what new stories they can about her and Clark as a married couple without being pretty redundant. It's also a repetition of the old secret identity game with Jonathan for the old couple, which was about the only thing they did seem to be short on was kids, which they had for a short while with Chris Kent (Zod's Son) pre flashpoint. Let her be the coworker and keep expanding her role in the DCYou beyond Superman. Some underwater interview in Atlantis would be cool...

In summary, it's boring, redundant, and predictable what is going to happen regarding her outside of Elseworlds ideas, and even those are pretty exhausted too. It doesn't hurt to mess around with things, there's plenty of people for Clark to interact with other than Lois, and there's plenty of people for Lois to interact/go on dates with other than Clark. Not like isn't entirely the word I would use so much as say tired of it and would like to see things get a little mixed up.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois is dated for many reasons above. Supes should date Vixen or a female Green Lantern from another planet.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've personally always liked the Superman/Lois thing, especially when they were married. I ALSO like that Lois has become an almost feared character by anyone with a secret to hide. She's sort of a badass in her own right, which is cool.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: You beat me to it! Although a female Green Lantern will be with you, even in outer space. At least Lois Lane can be left on Earth.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diehard200904: is katma tui i n52 still? i know soranik dumped kyle way back, and Guy has Ice.

SuperCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperCrab

I'm not sure it's a question of people not liking it.... It's a question of already having seen it before. The first comics Superman married Lois. The second comics Superman married Lois. The Christopher Reeves movie franchise Superman dated Lois. The Lois and Clark TV series Superman married Lois.

There's no question Lois and Clark are, well, Lois and Clark. They're like Kermit and Miss Piggy. But do you notice on the new Muppet show that Kermit is dating another woman- eh, pig? You've got to mix things up to keep things fresh, so you're not repeating exactly the same story in the same way over and over again.

What's the point of even restarting continuity with stuff like Flashpoint if everyone is just going to wind up exactly the same?

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Not up to date on Green Lanterns right now, although even if Katma Tui was around, there's no reason why they couldn't make up another Green Lantern that is female.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeremy1989

@nerevarine_11 said:

Lois is dated for many reasons above. Supes should date Vixen or a female Green Lantern from another planet.

Or even better, Superman a beautiful girl from Apokolips or New Genesis.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure it's a question of people not liking it.... It's a question of already having seen it before. The first comics Superman married Lois. The second comics Superman married Lois. The Christopher Reeves movie franchise Superman dated Lois. The Lois and Clark TV series Superman married Lois.

There's no question Lois and Clark are, well, Lois and Clark. They're like Kermit and Miss Piggy. But do you notice on the new Muppet show that Kermit is dating another woman- eh, pig? You've got to mix things up to keep things fresh, so you're not repeating exactly the same story in the same way over and over again.

What's the point of even restarting continuity with stuff like Flashpoint if everyone is just going to wind up exactly the same?

At the very least, play around with what you have. I don't see a problem if Clark spends plenty of years well, going out with plenty of the women out there. I mean there is Shay Veritas, perhaps they could bring in Lisa from Earth One if they wanted. They also might have some single Green Lantern like someone mentioned above. They should just have fun and explore. I pretty much have a hard time knowing what to do with the old couple. It's redundant at this point, probably because there are so many stories already told as it is. Plus, Clark is single now, it's a good time to make him shine and show some of his own personal independent power and capability as a character. Single doesn't automatically mean not interesting.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Terrible taste is why. :p

Seriously though they make an awesome couple and she's a great character.

Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up. He now works as the producer or something for her late night talk show and is dating another pig who's much younger and nicer than Miss Piggy. It's kinda like the Office but with Muppets working on a talk show.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: kermit's pelvis prob broke with ms.piggy.

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Denko069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Denko069

@moul: I mean that classic love triangle. Lois - Clark - Superman. Sometimes, it seems she loves only Superman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ignorant Superman haters use the following arguments against Superman

Overpowered

Boring

Lois(extension of boring)

Lex

Over time Superman fanboys started agreeing and became insecure with Batman's success (falsely attributing part of it to Batman's status a stud) so they started hating on Lois and now they think Clark deserves "more".

In the end the haters won,the new-52 is just one big experiment to strip Superman of everything that is recognizable and remake the character based on the wishes of hater influenced insecure fanboys.

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Lois Lane is predictable. Hate becomes a strong word. From my perspective, plenty of people suddenly get insecure with them putting in a little drama to mix things up and delay what is probably him getting back to Lois. Superman being single and taking advantage of his single time to establish how moral and capable he is without being married to Lois is not a bad thing. It's also a perfect opportunity for him to get to learn more about his own heritage and to do deep space missions,errands, and other things. Plus, you're at the early part of the story where Superman was single as it was. About what Lois did, So what, Lois screwed up and exposed him to the world. Does it really matter if there's a few years' delay in him marrying, shacking up, or banging Lois Lane? I find the whole thing pretty humanizing of her, and okay in terms of laying out narrative and plot opportunities. Why should a hero have the happy ending all that soon?

How is the Lois and Clark series going? because you can read that if you don't want to excercise patience through the plot twists of the DCYou. I like the drama, because it gives the guys at DC a chance to mess around with me, try to surprise me, as opposed to be predictable.

As a final note IMHO, DC needs to do a little Elseworlds writing, gives a little lighthearted tone and goes where editorial doesn't.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Huh, that's something new. I have never actually heard anyone saying that they don't like either classic Superman nor Lois Lane. Most of the time, the only beef people have with classic Supes is that he's way too overpowered.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I don't agree about Lois but I'm all for those two choices you just listed.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul:

It's not that I don't like. It's more of a situation where to me everything those two had to offer and explore has been done.

So the old relationship between Clark and Lois can and will remain historical. But it's about time Clark and Lois found other paths to explore.

I'd also like to ask you, why is it that those two have to be together, always? Why can't they just be friends like Clark and Lana are friends, but each would live different love lives?

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can and should date other people. Heck, given that I am on my way to being married in real life, me being some kind of superhero would put a heck of a lot of strain on the actual relationship, and let's not get started on if there were also kids. And it is not too much, IMHO, if Lois and/or Clark date other people besides each other. It also wouldn't be bad, in fact if Lois and Clark in this universe had some kind of moment where they thought about the real implications about what such a life would be like. There's also an honest implication to Clark being single: it makes him have an unfulfilled wish. It has been a statement by Dan Didio that he doesn't want characters to have it too easy in their lives, i.e. get married to soon, or too easily, and that he doesn't want their lives to be too easy either. As much controversy as his statements rang years ago, I actually partially agree with him. If Superman is married to some hot attractive woman, doesn't that kind of drive it across that he can get what he wants, or that he has what he wants. But here's the key: he has difficulties crop up, and then it ends up that he still, despite all his super powers still has something that tries him, and he still is "human" in having something that is seemingly out of his reach, being single accomplishes that for Superman. In short, being a single guy humanizes him because it leaves him with something that he cannot readily get.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm indifferent to her honestly. If you want to tell me that they fall in love and become a thing, that's fine, but I will never accept the notion that he needs her as a grounding mechanism. That sort of talk is what makes me resent her. Also, since I don't care for the love triangle and having to see nerdy Clark Kent in that mix with the generic white knight saving a damsel in distress over and over again, that entire dynamic is puke city. Prefer that her and Clark become a thing (but Clark is the real personality) and she has no romantic interest in Superman.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kenshima15

Because I feel Superman can do better than her, but ever since they had the kid, I dunno if its her motherly charm, or just my libido, I've been digging her.

So yeah Pre Flashpoint Supes can have her. Flashpoint Supes just sticks to Diana...Dammit DC! They were perfect!

No Caption Provided

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Lois is awesome and that they're a great couple.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamnot said:

Because it supports the idea of a cis- gendered racist (both are white) couple and supports the rape culture and also suppress woman (why don't lois have powers too? Does she earn as much as sup?) ugh

No Caption Provided

Is this satire?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I don't if people are aware of this, but Golden Age Lois was 100% correct to ignore GA Clark. GA Clark was a shadow of a man; much less a Superman.

THIS for god's sake.

Modern age Lois loved Clark and learned that he is Superman later and almost dumped him.

New 52 had chemistry with both.

Its a love triangle for a reason!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@papinacho said:

I don't if people are aware of this, but Golden Age Lois was 100% correct to ignore GA Clark. GA Clark was a shadow of a man; much less a Superman.

THIS for god's sake.

Modern age Lois loved Clark and learned that he is Superman later and almost dumped him.

New 52 had chemistry with both.

Its a love triangle for a reason!

People don't always pick up on the distinctions and use Golden Age and Silver Age depictions of the romance to argue that Lois only loves Superman and not Clark. Even though there were some stories where Lois showed interest Clark and that Superman was more the real identity than Clark Kent. But the Superman comics have always had a love triangle, that much should be obvious.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

People don't always pick up on the distinctions and use Golden Age and Silver Age depictions of the romance to argue that Lois only loves Superman and not Clark. Even though there were some stories where Lois showed interest Clark and that Superman was more the real identity than Clark Kent. But the Superman comics have always had a love triangle, that much should be obvious.

Even GA Lois married Clark not Superman. Clark due to memory loss stopped acting feeble, became a great reporter and asked Lois for a date. Lois was actually willing to sacrifice their marriage for Clark to become Superman again and save the world. It was great.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To many reasons to not like Lois. She always screams do not save me , I can save myself. Then she is like roar I am women empower me. Its just to crazy she dated so many people and nobody bated and eye and yet Clark goes a little off the path and bam oh no the boy scout would never do that.

I mean she brings nothing to the table but cry baby lane.

Chloe on Smallville did a better Lois then Lois and almost saved the character by offering up a pen name and letting Lois find a life in the past. Yet that made to much sense.

Then again just about every story that could be told with her has been told with her.

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By suemorphplus209

@arthurkerr: Yes, some fans have a rediculous expectation that just Clark should be so limited in who he goes out with and that expectation is pretty rediculous. It mixes up the plot, so I am all for him going out with others for exactly, as I said, plot.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ScouterV

Ignorant Superman haters use the following arguments against Superman

Overpowered

Boring

Lois(extension of boring)

Lex

Over time Superman fanboys started agreeing and became insecure with Batman's success (falsely attributing part of it to Batman's status a stud) so they started hating on Lois and now they think Clark deserves "more".

In the end the haters won,the new-52 is just one big experiment to strip Superman of everything that is recognizable and remake the character based on the wishes of hater influenced insecure fanboys.

Who would hate Lex Luthor? He's arguably the greatest comic book villain ever.

And I doubt anyone hated Lois because of Batman being successful. It's just after those two being together, people got this crazy idea that just maybe...just maybe Superman could show interest in other women. Not just like Batman, but like most people in their late 20s. I mean, the superheroic community is filled with beautiful women that Superman gets to meet, and of course there are other women in his supporting cast who are human that have qualities that might make them potentially good couples, like Shay and Lana (before she started dating John.)

I don't think you have to be a "hater" to want something different in a character you enjoy.

@supercrab said:

At the very least, play around with what you have. I don't see a problem if Clark spends plenty of years well, going out with plenty of the women out there. I mean there is Shay Veritas, perhaps they could bring in Lisa from Earth One if they wanted. They also might have some single Green Lantern like someone mentioned above. They should just have fun and explore. I pretty much have a hard time knowing what to do with the old couple. It's redundant at this point, probably because there are so many stories already told as it is. Plus, Clark is single now, it's a good time to make him shine and show some of his own personal independent power and capability as a character. Single doesn't automatically mean not interesting.

This mofo knows what's up.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Even GA Lois married Clark not Superman. Clark due to memory loss stopped acting feeble, became a great reporter and asked Lois for a date. Lois was actually willing to sacrifice their marriage for Clark to become Superman again and save the world. It was great.

I've read that one, it is a nice little gem of the many "What if Superman married Lois Lane" stories of the golden years of comics that showed how Lois would have feelings for Clark if his wimpy reporter disguise wasn't so overplayed.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:
@squalleon said:
@lvenger said:

I've read that one, it is a nice little gem of the many "What if Superman married Lois Lane" stories of the golden years of comics that showed how Lois would have feelings for Clark if his wimpy reporter disguise wasn't so overplayed.

Ι οnly mentioned it so maybe others will see it.

And it is a nice tale truly.

Avatar image for ultimategirlshileha1236
ultimategirlshileha1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It depends I like Lois sometimes then other times I can't stand her I guess it comes down to how she's done like I really liked Lois in Smallville don't like her in Man of Steel (but I enjoyed Man of Steel) I don't know I just think Clark could try someone new besides Lois, Lana and or Diana