• 61 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Lvenger

@ultimatesmfan: I skipped over it by scrolling down the page quickly so dw. I haven't read that post of yours and I'm still in the dark about your complaint with this issue but I might come back to it once I've read the issue. But Action Comics 25 was really good, Pak's off to a strong start.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

@ultimatesmfan: I skipped over it by scrolling down the page quickly so dw. I haven't read that post of yours and I'm still in the dark about your complaint with this issue but I might come back to it once I've read the issue. But Action Comics 25 was really good, Pak's off to a strong start.

I loved this months Unchained and take it you would recommend Action Comics too?! Seem to be too many Superman titles around at the moment that I like!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@lvenger said:

I loved this months Unchained and take it you would recommend Action Comics too?! Seem to be too many Superman titles around at the moment that I like!

I'm already considering ordering a copy and as a fellow Superman fan, I'm glad there's a good variety of Superman books around at the moment.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@bezza said:

@lvenger said:

I'm already considering ordering a copy and as a fellow Superman fan, I'm glad there's a good variety of Superman books around at the moment.

Do it, Do it, Do it. It's incredilbe especially since Unchained isn't coming out consistently and Snyder and Lee might leave youshould prepare for the inevitable choice of Action. He is doing better than a while, Lobdell's work is getting better ( I jumped back on due to my OCD kicking in and the need to get everything Superman) and every other title by Snyder, Pak and Soule are all really good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: It's certainly my back up plan in case Unchained goes sour. Not sold on the Wonder Woman/Superman romance so I'm staying away from that series even though it involves a combination of the 2 DC titles I'm reading. And I hear Krypton Returns is yet again poorly executed like H'El on Earth was. Still, that leaves 3 good New 52 Superman titles not including the two other ones.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger: Hope that doesn't happen. Well SM/WW is still a solid title, and I enjoyed the first chapter to Krypton Returns but it's been getting mixed reception. So Supes has 4 great titles and one mediocore one.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@ultimatesmfan: I have to agree with you, Unchained's writing is really "off" IMO. The armor should have stopped the bullets, but say his face and hands be hurt. Also the fact that every government agency has plans to kill Superman is pretty stupid as well. I don't know why I like unchained that much, not a huge fan of the plot, character traits, or art, but something about it makes me keep getting it and enjoying it but not know why.

EDIT: Not a huge fan of the art, but the colors are very good.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: i know how do you feel. If we consider that on this title are working 2 of the best professionals that the comicbook's industry has to offer...this tilte should be really something more, it should be exceptional instead of good.I feel like that between Snyder and Lee, none of them has achieved their full potential with this book...that nevertheless is probably the best title for the big S out there, but (for now at least) it is far from being up to such story arcs like "Superman birthright" or "Superman camelot falls".

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@toptom: I agree it good, not great, not bad, but slightly better then meh, I don't get why its DC's biggest seller? it is right?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By toptom

@allstarsuperman: i don't think that now it is the dc's biggest seller anymore, though it was for the first 3 issues...maybe due to all the hype that was built for this title, but its buyers are falling quickly: superman unchained #3 has earned just 1/3 of the first issue.Even i was really really excited for SU#1, i remeber that i 've read something about it, about the visuals they wanted to use to show us the real scope of Superman's power: they've talked about doing a panel in which Superman could se himself reflected into some huge mechanical eye of a monster he should had to fight(they wanted to show something like that into the preview of the first issue),they have talked about huge action and also about challenging Clark both emotionally and psychologically...but we haven't really had anything like that, at least not like they have made us to believe.

Then even jim lee (who is still awesome) isn't up to his past works like Hush or For Tomorrow.

However i think that this title is slowly getting better, and (at least to me) is Far better than just meh, but this isn't still the Superman we deserve...though for now he is the best we can get.