Superman kills Zod comparable to Batman killing Harvey Dent?

• 124 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Is this a legitimate comparison? If not, then why?

Superman kills Zod

Batman kills Harvey Dent

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'd say so yes. Batman was forced to kill Harvey because he was threatening the life of a young boy. Superman was forced to kill Zod to save the other seven billion human lives on the planet. Though many will say that it is not [especially some of the older superman fans here] it is remarkably similar.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By primebonnick

yup it is for me hell in the first batman he also killed the jack Nicholson joker.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frozen  Moderator
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@frozen said:

@lvenger thoughts?

Batman's killing of Dent was more accidental than anything else whereas Superman killed Zod in cold blood deliberately.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@lvenger thoughts?

Batman's killing of Dent was more accidental than anything else whereas Superman killed Zod in cold blood deliberately.

Not that I liked how it played out but cold blood? It was just bad writing but they did try to show Supes had no other way of stopping him. Anyway Bats didn't want to kill Dent and couldn't know he was gonna die from the fall, I mean if he wanted to kill someone who was dangerous he wouldn't grab the Joker falling.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@lvenger thoughts?

They did try to make it look like there was no other way for Superman to stop him. I didn't fall for it but it wasn't made half bad and it actually kind of worked, at least for me.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I'd say so yes. Batman was forced to kill Harvey because he was threatening the life of a young boy. Superman was forced to kill Zod to save the other seven billion human lives on the planet. Though many will say that it is not [especially some of the older superman fans here] it is remarkably similar.

My opinion too.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@soldierofel: Lol at the irony behind the older superman fans comment, since it is based on an 80s/90s story and is probably the only scene in the film based on an old comic.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

Nothing is equal to neck-snapping the last of your kind in cold blood.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

The situation was practically identical. The difference was that Batman had more experience and showed no remorse after.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't quite get the hate on the Zodsnap incident. Wasn't he was about to heat vision an innocent family right then and there? I think he made the right choice.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or Batman killin Talia or Batman letting Ra's die IN COLD BLOOD.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

The situation was practically identical. The difference was that Batman had more experience and showed no remorse after.

Batman clearly showed remorse...

Loading Video...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frozen  Moderator
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SaintWildcard
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superguy1591

@frozen:

Loading Video...

Batman killed Ra's here with no remorse.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: he intentionally broke the train's breaks, told Gordon to shoot out the monorail, and pinned Ra's down and forced him not to escape. Also, instead of carrying him out, he elected to let him stay there and die.

Hard not to blame Ra's death on Batman...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@superguy1591 said:

@frozen: he intentionally broke the train's breaks, told Gordon to shoot out the monorail, and pinned Ra's down and forced him not to escape. Also, instead of carrying him out, he elected to let him stay there and die.

Hard not to blame Ra's death on Batman...

Ra's was responsible for being on the monorail with the Microwave emitter; he also destroyed the controls while believing Batman was attempting to stop the train (he aided Batman's plan unexpectedly for him). Ra's put himself in a situation which resulted in his own death, Batman didn't kill him.

If we use that logic then blame can be put on Superman for the deaths of the other Kryptonians as he helped the Military carry out their plan of killing them.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@maccyd said:

@soldierofel: Lol at the irony behind the older superman fans comment, since it is based on an 80s/90s story and is probably the only scene in the film based on an old comic.

And what comic is that?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SaintWildcard

@frozen said:

If we use that logic then blame can be put on Superman for the deaths of the other Kryptonians as he helped the Military carry out their plan of killing them.

We don't know what happens to Kryptonians in the Phantom Zone, neither does he. In the comics they don't die.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frozen  Moderator
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: Forgot the exact name of the storyline, but it was Byrne's run if I remember correctly. It dealt with an early Superman setting fully in stone his morals after the incident, swearing never to make such a mistake again etc and he struggled to deal with it for a while after.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SaintWildcard

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: The humans were sucked into the Phantom Zone too.

Superman didn't plan for that to happen :P They were supposed to dropped it, not crash into it with the jet

Also maybe we'll see that Professor dude in the future.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@maccyd said:

@dimitridkatsis: Forgot the exact name of the storyline, but it was Byrne's run if I remember correctly. It dealt with an early Superman setting fully in stone his morals after the incident, swearing never to make such a mistake again etc and he struggled to deal with it for a while after.

Yeah I get it you mean this

No Caption Provided

he didn't have to kill them though they were already depowered he did it cause of what they done just like Superman 2, yeah I know the movie came first but this moment was handled better and wasn't very similar with the MOS.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Okay, less remorse. But Bat-Bale still doesn't feel as strongly about the no-kill thing. Just ask Ra's al Gh- ...oh, wait.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Okay, less remorse. But Bat-Bale still doesn't feel as strongly about the no-kill thing. Just ask Ra's al Gh- ...oh, wait.

Hey he killed Talia's driver didn't he?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dimitridkatsis said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Yep. Though I understand why.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Yeah, he nailed that sucker with his machine guns like RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT I'M BATMAN.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

@frozen said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Yeah, he nailed that sucker with his machine guns like RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT I'M BATMAN.

They actually talk about it in the abridged script for TDKR. Read it, it's hilarious!

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

There's was nothing "cold blooded" about Superman killing Zod, he was begging Zod to stop then had no choice but to kill him, then broke down in agony afterwards. If anything, Batman was more cold blooded, he killed Dent and was like, "Huh...oh well..TO THE BATPOD I GO!"

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@frozen

Eh... it wasn't intentional... but anyway here's a list of everyone that Nolan Batman killed.

Fake Ra's Al Ghul. All the other members of the League of Assassins that were inside that exploding building.

Real Ra's Al Ghul.

Two Face.

Bane (Arguably).

Talia.

Talia's Driver.

So... that's about 60 people Bats killed. I'm not sure how many people were inside that building when he blew it up... but it was more then 30.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

@amazingwebhead Lmao that IS hilarious.

Yeah, it's a really good site. I was thinking of joining up and doing one for that last TMNT flick.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't get it why people say that Batman killed lots of people when he just didn't make the move to save them from death. He wasn't the one who layed the final blow, he just disappeared from the act.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@tommythehitman: The Ninja's didn't die - while it may seem that way, that didn't really seem like writer intention and the Ninja's (and disguised as police, workers, etc) re-appear in the final act.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

There's was nothing "cold blooded" about Superman killing Zod, he was begging Zod to stop then had no choice but to kill him, then broke down in agony afterwards. If anything, Batman was more cold blooded, he killed Dent and was like, "Huh...oh well..TO THE BATPOD I GO!"

Batman wasn't cold blooded in regards to Dent, he made comment on the achievements Dent made and the man he was, and proceeded to drive away because of the police and the fact that he was suffering from a bullet wound/bad fall.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@the_stegman said:

Batman wasn't cold blooded in regards to Dent, he made comment on the achievements Dent made and the man he was, and proceeded to drive away because of the police and the fact that he was suffering from a bullet wound/bad fall.

He only said that he was the true hero of Gotham but he was more concerned about not letting the Joker win, he never showns regrett in having killed Dent, He only concerns for Gotham and nothing more. Gordon is the one who talked about the good that Harvey did, not Batman.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SaintWildcard
SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Loading Video...

Batman killed Ra's here with no remorse.

I don't see why that one is a big deal. Ra's told him earlier that he was in some way responsible for his parent's deaths. Why would he save him?

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Batman can do what they want

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman probably could have stopped Harvey in a different fashion, but I understand the route they chose. The same can be said for Man of Steel. To those who are impatient, it's meant to play out and impact a bigger picture.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Do you know what Superman killing Zod is comparable to? It's comparable to Batman killing Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins. "I don't have to save you" my a**, Ra's Al Ghul wouldn't have died if Bruce didn't derail the train or whatever in the first place. That's ridiculous - why does MOS get so much hate when Superman HAD to kill Zod, and no one holds crap against Nolan for having Batman willingly kill Ra's?

- TAS

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: uh, I never said Superman was innocent of anything.