Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mickey-mouse

@shazam117 said:

I read this yesterday. Very impressive strength feats

I loved the prequel comics, and I don't want to turn this into a Marvel vs DC derp fight, but the MCU comics started off good, but now suck. I hope to see more prequel comics, hopefully we get something great for Suicide Squad.

You can read all of the comics here. (for anybody else that wants to)

Oh, and scans are in the wrong order.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: From what I googled, it said each Amtrak passenger car was 66 tons I believe. Honestly the space ship feat from the trailer seems more impressive. This feat proved he was smart and could make tons of calculations/decisions in mere seconds.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@lukehero: I think some street-levelers, given the same physicals, could easily do the same calculations in that timeframe though. Trains don't move faster than a MLB pitch even. Many of them probably could have avoided the situation altogether.

IMO picking up the train and traveling as fast as a train are the MOST impressive superhuman things from that scan.

Not saying it isn't impressive, but it doesnt exactly make him Reed Richards lol.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green:

Not saying it isn't impressive, but it doesnt exactly make him Reed Richards lol.

Well no, but it means he's brain is going much faster than normal. It's an impressive reaction/smart feat.

: I think some street-levelers, given the same physicals, could easily do the same calculations though. Many of them probably could have avoided the situation alltogether.

Most of your geniuses in comicbooks are street levelers..so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: True, the important part to me is the he is so strong and can fly. The reactions arent so superhuman IMO. I guess that's my only point.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

He also had feats in the Sen. FInch one bruh. All that damage he could do based on MoS states. Pretty sure he's stronger now

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom16:

STILL SPOUTING NONSENSE? lmao

kryptonian weapons are plasma based. one small weapon vaporized a kryptonian elder. sup easily survived a much bigger one. thor lightening will do nothing.

Loading Video...

sup catches a bullet and no showed batman bullets that were tearing up the ground and wrecking vehicles.. fare thee well slowdinson.

No Caption Provided

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

thank you!

mos has only improved. he is fast enough to catch a bullet now. mcu fanboys will be crying. lmao

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh. He would still ges his rear kicked by Thor

Lol no.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By conner_wolf

@academic: Not all plasma is created equal. Lightning contains much more natural power than your typical plasma.

Also, as was already pointed out to you, that probably wasn't a bullet since Batman doesn't use guns.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By conner_wolf

@lukehero said:

@avatar_of_green: From what I googled, it said each Amtrak passenger car was 66 tons I believe. Honestly the space ship feat from the trailer seems more impressive. This feat proved he was smart and could make tons of calculations/decisions in mere seconds.

I did the same search and on the Amtrack website it said each car weighed 57 tons. You also need to look at the back and see that the back end of the train car is still on the tracks.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By academic

@conner_wolf:

incorrect

this batman does use bullets. a small krptonian weapon VAPORIZED a kryptonian elder. mos easily survived a much bigger blast. thor lightening is a non factor. fyi humans have survived lightning. krptonian plasma>>>>>>>earthly lightening.

clearly this superman has only improved as he kept testing his limits.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@academic: Then prove he's using bullets, or even a firearm with speed equal to that of a standard firearm.

You are making that assumption with no proof, and humans have survived lightning for a fraction of a second, not sustained lightning.

Until you have proof your argument is invalid.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

post a link where any human has ever been vaporized by lightening. you cant. mos official canon novel states krytponian weapons are plasma based. thor lightening has never vaporized anything. / krptonian plasma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thor lightening. sup has easily survived krptonian plasma.

this batman does use bullets. google it. i am confident that batman would not use a earthly arrow on a man who can destroy the earth. also, its clearly not an arrow if you screen shot the giff/clip.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

meh. He would still ges his rear kicked by Thor

No, just no...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@academic: Speed of sound for Superman is still relatively unimpressive IMO. Some street-levelers could catch bullets with durability equalized.

I would be very careful to assume anything using an out-of-context clip from a trailer... sometimes those scenes don't even make the movie or happen in reality or happen in the way it looks

Why would Superman need to catch a bullet if he can tank them??

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By conner_wolf

@academic: It takes 2.99 gigajoules to vaporize the human body.

Lightning can produce 10 gigajoules in a single strike, and it only lasts for 50 microseconds max, imagine over the course of even a second, or longer. That is most certainly more than enough to harm Superman. We're talking about over the course of a second, 20,000 Gigajoules. Enough to vaporize... a lot.

But to translate it to something you'll understand. Thor's lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kryptonian Plasma. Not only can it reach much greater power, but it can be sustained over longer periods of time.

Prove it, I don't have to google shit. Besides, prove it's a bullet, not something like a Kryptonite pellet, or something else. If Batman uses guns, prove it.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes is too Mich for Thor,unless you want me to wank a loser!!

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Lmao

You debunk yourself

No ligjtening has ever vaporized a human.period. humams have even survived it.

Thor has never vaporized anything.krypotonian weapons have.

Kryp plasma >>>> thor lightning

You cant prove nothing. I can prove kryp plasma vaporizes

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By academic

@conner_wolf:

I know , its hard for you to.lose.

You can post all the facts you want on lightenomg.ligjtening has never vaporized a human. Thor ligjtenong has never vaporized anything.

Krypronian plasma weapons have vaporized a non powered, un armored, krytponian.

Its entirely logical.to assume that

Kryp plasma is more destructive than lightning

You have nothing. I have a cinematic feat .

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continue running that clip. You will see she is quite dead and very much not vaporized.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarthAznable

@academic said:

@conner_wolf:

post a link where any human has ever been vaporized by lightening. you cant. mos official canon novel states krytponian weapons are plasma based. thor lightening has never vaporized anything. / krptonian plasma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thor lightening. sup has easily survived krptonian plasma.

this batman does use bullets. google it. i am confident that batman would not use a earthly arrow on a man who can destroy the earth. also, its clearly not an arrow if you screen shot the giff/clip.

This Batman uses a grenade launcher and sticky bombs. He doesn't use any other personal firearm.

No Caption Provided

What Superman caught was a grenade shell. According to wikipedia, a standard M203 shoots at 250 feet per second.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I actually think Batman fired some sort of Knite pod at him, but regardless, you're right in saying it wasn't a bullet.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By academic

@darthaznable:

Proof that is what batman fired at superman. I guess those werent bullets that batman fired at mos as he no selled them.lmao

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Pure conjecture

More importantly

Sup clearly improved in abilty and power

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightning can produce 10 gigajoules in a single strike, and it only lasts for 50 microseconds max, imagine over the course of even a second, or longer. That is most certainly more than enough to harm Superman. We're talking about over the course of a second, 20,000 Gigajoules. Enough to vaporize... a lot.

But to translate it to something you'll understand. Thor's lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kryptonian Plasma. Not only can it reach much greater power, but it can be sustained over longer periods of time.

Prove it, I don't have to google shit. Besides, prove it's a bullet, not something like a Kryptonite pellet, or something else. If Batman uses guns, prove it.

Are you really trying to argue that lightning, which HUMANS HAVE SURVIVED, is more impressive than something that can vaporize others? No.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@academic said:

@darthaznable:

Proof that is what batman fired at superman. I guess those werent bullets that batman fired at mos as he no selled them.lmao

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Pure conjecture

More importantly

Sup clearly improved in abilty and power

If you pause it at 1:26, you see Superman catch something much larger than a bullet. What bullet is that large? Please tell me.

Loading Video...

Your statement has just as much conjecture. We haven't see Batman with a firearm in any of the promotional material and the evidence we do have, amounts to the grenade launcher and his other gadgets they displayed at ComicCon. Why assume that he's using guns just because he shot a grenade or something similar, at Clark? His vehicles have weapons but that's a given.

No one is saying Superman didn't improve. I merely corrected your statement which was false.

I get you like MoS Superman but calm down.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf said:

Are you really trying to argue that lightning, which HUMANS HAVE SURVIVED, is more impressive than something that can vaporize others? No.

To add to that lightning doesn't even strike the human body with as much energy/heat it contains as it moves through the air. Unless the strike is being directly transferred into a body via a person holding on to electrical cords or even in water, the lighting strikes aren't even half as impressive as people make them out to be when they actually strike a body -- hence the reason why humans sometimes survive them.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@conner_wolf said:

To add to that lightning doesn't even strike the human body with as much energy/heat it contains as it moves through the air. Unless the strike is being directly transferred into a body via a person holding on to electrical cords or even in water, the lighting strikes aren't even half as impressive as people make them out to be when they actually strike a body -- hence the reason why humans sometimes survive them.

I'm arguing that lightning has the power to do the same thing as he's describing, it has the power that I'm describing, and it can be sustained over a prolonged period of time, and human have survived lesser lightning bolts, but not atll.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@conner_wolf said:

I'm arguing that lightning has the power to do the same thing as he's describing, it has the power that I'm describing, and it can be sustained over a prolonged period of time, and human have survived lesser lightning bolts, but not atll.

But what i'm saying is lightning does NOT have that type of power when it reaches a human body, so technically it can't.....

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Except the numbers I was using were specifically about a lightning strike when it strikes, because it was talking about a lightning bolt when it hits the ground. The reason low-end lightning doesn't vaporize people is because on the low end of the spectrum we're talking about 1 gigajoule of power, which isn't enough to vaporize someone, and the energy does not end at the human body, as it goes into the ground through the human body, but Thor could simply direct all the energy directly into Superman's body instead of using his body as a conductor to hit the ground.

Generally, humans survive lightning bolts because the energy doesn't end at the human body, in this case it could easily do so.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Except the numbers I was using were specifically about a lightning strike when it strikes, because it was talking about a lightning bolt when it hits the ground. The reason low-end lightning doesn't vaporize people is because on the low end of the spectrum we're talking about 1 gigajoule of power, which isn't enough to vaporize someone, and the energy does not end at the human body, as it goes into the ground through the human body, but Thor could simply direct all the energy directly into Superman's body instead of using his body as a conductor to hit the ground.

Generally, humans survive lightning bolts because the energy doesn't end at the human body, in this case it could easily do so.

Ok, but I don't think we're on the same page. I'm not talking about when lightning hits the ground, nor am I arguing the validity of whether Thor can use his lightning to circumvent physics. All i'm saying is that lightning, whether it be high or low end, has a significant drop in energy/heat when it comes into contact with a human body. Yes, stronger strikes can still kill humans, but that's besides the point. I was just trying to stress the point that I made above. Also, why do you think Thor generates the high end, atypical lightning strike? IIRC Iron-Man used his lighting to juice himself up. If his strike was really as powerful as a lightning strike COULD be, Iron-Man would've been fried.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I would think that if lightning could be produced to be that powerful, then Thor could believably produce it, it is not that hard to believe. And what exactly is this drop in energy? Do you have numbers to prove exactly how much it drops?

Thor was clearly not trying to kill Iron Man at that point, and Tony had his suit to help absorb it.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By academic

@darthaznable:

Thank you

I never saw the hd version. I.stand corrected, but batman does use bullets(car/batwing)

Post a link where a human can react and.catch something that fast.

Not happening

Sup has clearly improved.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did this become a superman vs thor thread

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DarthAznable

@academic: I'm not saying him catching it isn't impressive. It just isn't as impressive as catching a bullet. It's still superhuman. Superman is definitely faster and probably stronger than he was in MoS. Definitely a lot smarter too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I wouldn't put catching that above Cap or anything though. Don't see anything here that makes MoS suddenly more of a powerhouse.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I would think that if lightning could be produced to be that powerful, then Thor could believably produce it, it is not that hard to believe. And what exactly is this drop in energy? Do you have numbers to prove exactly how much it drops?

Thor was clearly not trying to kill Iron Man at that point, and Tony had his suit to help absorb it.

I would think that if there was a being capable of shrugging off reentry and plasma blast capable of vaporizing a non-powered kryptonian body, then lightning might not affect him much at all, it is not that hard to believe. Do you see how unproven opinions get you nowhere? And the drop in energy occurs mainly because humans are not good conductors and because there is not as much resistance in the body as there is in air. I'm not going to go through the trouble of proving exactly how much it drops because it would be irrelevant to the discussion anyways -- Superman is super!

Im just waiting for you to offer proof as to why you think Thor can generate high end lightning and why you think he can circumvent the physical aspects of a lightning strike i.e localizing the strike in his body

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@buttersdaman000: And what exactly is this drop in energy? Do you have numbers to prove exactly how much it drops?

Not to jump in but that iirc this how energy transmisson acts, it takes the path of least resistance and travelling through a medium, in this case a human body produces resistance that consumes energy, that is why there is a drop off between whenever lightning strikes and whatever it hits, the more dense and less conductive something is the more energy that is lost. Granted that it's been a few years since I was in high school physics but I do recall this being how it works.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I wouldn't put catching that above Cap or anything though. Don't see anything here that makes MoS suddenly more of a powerhouse.

When has Cap caught anything that moves that fast? Then get some glasses breh.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

How did this become a superman vs thor thread

The General Discussion section in a nutshell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@darthaznable: You honestly don't think him catching his ricocheting shield or dodging gunfire is just as impressive as catching something large moving 250FPS (175MPH)? I can show a video of a human catching BB's out of the air at 300FPS... or a samurai cutting one in half out of midair.