It's time to end the Superman+Wonder Woman relationship.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I personally like the idea of them being together. It just feels...right. They make a nice couple. Don't get me wrong, i've been a superman fan for a long time and lois will always be there but i dunno recently she's been written really badly. A bit of a sell out rather than a investigative reporter. Plus she's really condescending to clark. Now i know clark is meant to be the stepping stool but since he's grown a spine he should be a bit more fast paced and match her wit. I like the way wonder woman is with him. One of my favourite scenes of the pair is when they're having a meal together and clark has convinced Diana to use a disguise. They just looked right. Another thing is that clark is a potential immortal. Maybe it can be that fear of him outliving a human that drives him to pursue a relationship with someone who will live as long as he will. I dunno it seems a awesome piece of story telling. Personally i think the superman fan base especially on the vine is a bit old fashioned sometimes. We may need to move on from lois. Although Geoff Johns did say that the relataionship will end so we may end up with them getting back together. We will see.

I think that is intentional. They are trying to make Lois look bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@darkman61288: Ah, I see. Well they could probably change her character a bit then. Nevertheless I stand by the fact that Wonder Woman is a nice match for Clark. Like in Kingdom come. That was a nice ending for him.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By darkman61288

@soldierofel said:

@darkman61288: Ah, I see. Well they could probably change her character a bit then. Nevertheless I stand by the fact that Wonder Woman is a nice match for Clark. Like in Kingdom come. That was a nice ending for him.

Kingdom Come, Which is the only time I have ever liked SM/WW, was just that a possible ending. It made sense. Lois passes on they eventually hook up after Clark has a grieving period. But now Clark and Diana need a human lover it grounds them.

Also with Lois and Clark's marriage they need to start a family together.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@soldierofel said:

Kingdom Come, Which is the only time I have ever liked SM/WW, was just that a possible ending. It made sense. Lois passes on they eventually hook up after Clark has a grieving period. But now Clark and Diana need a human lover it grounds them.

Say what you want about Diana but if you keep saying that Clark needs human intercourse to be grounded Im gonna slap you with a newspaper. You don't see Clark as a man but as a god, he was raised and grew up with humans. It's nature vs Nurture and nurture won.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SaintWildcard

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#106 frozen  Moderator

@darkman61288 said:

@soldierofel said:

Say what you want about Diana but if you keep saying that Clark needs human intercourse to be grounded Im gonna slap you with a newspaper. You don't see Clark as a man but as a god, he was raised and grew up with humans. It's nature vs Nurture and nurture won.

He's a man. Kingdom Come showed that he lost his way once he made the 'Super' more important than the man.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wont listen to anyone who thinks that Superman and Wonder Woman should end because of Superman should be with the biggest groupie in comics.

Lois Lane will date anyone with some power, be it Lex, Bruce Wayne or John Corben. She's a power groupie, Superman isnt special, he's just powerful. You guys can talk about the Byrne invention of Lois and Clark, but 50 years of history says Lois just wanted Superman.

As far as yoi Diana fans are concerned, you want her to date the misogynistic, arrogant pig that is Orion over a guy who treats her with respect? Holy Cow, i thought she's supposed to be a feminist icon? So Superman and Wonder Woman are a bad couple because Superman doesnt tell Diana to "stop with the talking and get with the sammich making"? Haysoes Christo y Santa Maria!

Whatever, Diana can get with Orion, but it's not very Diana of her. DC should really make a new woman for Supes. One that doesnt constant saving and actually plays off his personality.

Superman being paired with A-holes(Lois Lane is a major butt) is annoying amd not fun to watch. We get it, he's a nice guy, but no one is nice enough to put up with the abuse that he gets from his alleged love and best-friend.

this was beautiful can i like use this to tell all my annoying lois friends and the old school whiners about how new 52 superman is not the real superman?

as for the OP it ends when DC wants it to end not you or any of the other whiners complaining about the relationship.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@primebonnick:

Honestly did you even read the OP? I made this to have some thoughtful discussion and so far all I get is angry fans who are mad because they don't get their way and folks like you who only want to call me a whiner. It's annoying.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By primebonnick

@pperspectiveandreality: oh i did and you gave a great argument not complaining about that. Just people who state that it should end for what ever reason are whiners to me. You guys ain't editorial so it makes no difference it ends when the head honcho says so, not when fans write essays.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

I get that. I do. But if we can't express our voices on comic vine where can we express them? As I said I truly wish that DC took the new 52 opportunity to do this, and a host of other things, right; but in true DC form they screwed it up. It's like if you order a steak and you ask for it to be well done but they cook it rare and when you complain they say "be happy you got the steak at all!". Me ? I'd rather not have the steak if it's prepared poorly. And that's how I feel about this relationship in a nutshell

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: you can't use food and literature allegories to be honest two different things. The steak in just for you while the literature is for a demography. They are trying to adhere to what many people would like and sadly they can't plz everyone, but alas we are humans we shall complain about these things till the day we die.

Still i don't have a problem with you not liking the relationship if thats what you think. Hell i hated superman with lois lane and got ribbed for it all the time. Still i just never went to the extent i see so much posters do to try and say they don't like it so it should end. As i said though your stuck with it until DC said yea time to call it quits. So maybe you should avoid threads about it till it's over. It seems that the relationship causes you pain (and books shouldn't do that man).

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

It doesn't cause me pain as much as it's just disappointing. Art's great though.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@soldierofel said:

Kingdom Come, Which is the only time I have ever liked SM/WW, was just that a possible ending.

The ending to KC was nice... the actual relationship during the story wasn't, or rather the depiction of Diana, who was bitter and over compensating for having been kicked off Paradise Island and deemed a failure. It was her idea to put all the new heroes and villains in the same Gulag prison and when that blew up (because none of the inmates liked being lectured) she instantly resorted to kill everyone that tried to escape.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@pperspectiveandreality: you making a thread on a topic that has been done to death is really pointless.

Really? So if a topic has been touched on before, no one is allowed to make a thread detailing their thoughts offering their unique POV in regards to the performance of the topic at hand? And you are the arbiter of what is and isn't pointless?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: Ypur POV isn't unique it just the same as every other person who who hates the releasionship between two fictional characters.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

So now it's obvious to me you didn't actually read the OP. Cool.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: No I did read read it and like I said you share the same POV as most of the ''fans'' on this site

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

So people who don't agree with you aren't fans now?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: I never once said you weren't a fan. It just very thread like this one says they are fan and just spews the same garbage.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

So you read the op and it's the same as everything else you've read? Rather than continue down this rabbit trail lets just agree To disagree.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: "It's a terribly written relationship and has hurt the true Superman, the Pre-Flashpoint Superman, so..."

The true superman is whatever you prefer him to be.......my grandads true superman is the golden age superman, he despised everything that came after.....get what im getting at?

Star_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, so Just joined the forum (partly cuz I found this post and felt compelled to throw my two cents in, but Also I'm a huge WW/Supes fan.) In my opinion I think its a little too early to judge this relationship, although many of you have a valid point the there was not any build up, can we honestly say that every romance in life has this great epic build up? Lets not forget that the Lois and Clark relationship has had decades of time to explore, evolve and cultivate. This is a new canon pairing and with that comes the uncertainty of how it will work. I rather enjoy the book, its not always great but I like it, I'm also confident that, if it is given a chance, with time it will evolve into a much more fluid and obvious chemistry.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still going strong.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao truth be told it didn't even occur to me to check just how long ago this post was made. In any case I just wanted to state my opinion. :)

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By redwingx
Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree. Their relationship has been dealt with poorly. In pre-flashpoint Clark and Lois had a ton of scenes were they were either in bed, waking up together, having small but important things like breakfast together. But with Kal and Diana we see nothing of that, the only thing we got was a "We'll return to this later".

Just have them act has a real couple. It's not that hard, in fact it should be even more easy than it was with Lois, seeing that Kal and Diana have more in common and are in each other lives more often.

If/When they break them up at least I hope they make a better choice than Lois or Lana. If Clark started a relationship with Shay Veritas now that would be a good choice. It would be different but still exciting. Another possible choice would have to be someone entirely new or at least a better version of some past character like, lets say Maxima. I've read somewhere that she's returning to DC so if they make her more interesting, there could be something there.

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This article summarizes why your article is wrong pretty well, also your main argument seems to be "it's boring", but the relationship is actually quite interesting and has its own, interesting challenges that they both have to face like the pantheon of greek gods who disapprove of the relationship and are even willing to try to sabotage it.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/why-im-all-for-the-superman-and-wonder-woman-romance.html

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you should give this article a good read:

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/why-im-all-for-the-superman-and-wonder-woman-romance.html

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally, I was all for this relationship. It was a dream come true for meas I'd wanted them together--really since I first saw them as a kid. But now I truly believe it is actually hurting the DC universe and I'll explain why I think this. Again I reiterate that this is my opinion. So feel free to disagree but let's keep this civil. The first, and most important thing I should mention, is that this has been a terribly poorly written relationship. If this were any couple that wasn't A-list, no one would care because their relationship is totally uninteresting. JD and Elliot (scrubs) were far more interesting and we knew from episode 1 they would end up together. From the very first kiss to now it has been a slapped together mess that seems as if it was given the least but of thought and effort possible. I truly believe this could have been amazing and, done correctly, even brought more readers into the fold--but it hasn't been done correctly. Based on the writing you can't even tell their attracted to one another or that they even like one another save for when your just blatantly told that they do. Romance is all about nuance and this relationship has had anything but nuance. Reading this relationship is boring and worse than that it panders like we're just supposed to swoon because of who the characters are even though they dont do the characters justice in the very book that depicts their romance! The second reason is that there are VASTLY superior choices for each of them to be currently romantically involved with. Choices that both would hav made for superior storytelling, based on how they were written, and an expansion of the character depth of the DCU. For example, during Azzarello's, and I'm calling it now, legendary run on Wonder Woman he actually wanted Diana to date Orion. You could clearly see the chemistry they had in the writing and it was organic and fun and it had nuance and sincerity. Not only would it have been amazing but it would have garnered huge amounts of intrigue in the new gods and the fourth world. I present to you that had Azzarello been allowed to move forward with his plans for Diana and Orion, that we'd soon be getting a new gods book. And as far as superman goes, Greg Pak wrote an amazing romance between Clark and Lana Lang, who has never been more interesting than she is now, that was also fun, organic, sincere, nuanced, cute and, most importantly, interesting because of the character action and not the characters names. There we would have had the expansion of Orion and the new gods and we would have had Superman's mythos growing in new, largely unexplored territory. And we have been denied both for the failure that is the Superman Wonder Woman relationship. Again I say that I really, truly wanted them together and I wanted this to work. But it's clear to me that. DC didn't care as much as I do because it's apparent in their effort. Furthermore, thanks to Geoff Johns we really didn't even get to enjoy it because he spoiled it for us from jump street! Yes Johns we already "knew" it would end but let us have our ignorance of what's really happening instead of basically telling us, "this is ending soon so enjoy it while you can". Finally, my last issue with this relationship is how poorly managed it's been. Don't tell me Superman will date Wonderwoman and then have Superman pine for Lois, don't have Diana thinking about how much she looooovvveeesss Clark (Lobdell) and then have her "Hans solo" him when they're at their lowest moment as a couple. Where are the editors at DC? I mean I know it's comic books but surely something this big should have some sort of organization and administrative competency shouldn't it? So in closing I say that this has been a failure. It was not even a nice try, it was not even a valiant effort (no pun intended). This was lazy, uncreative, unappealing, and unimpressive. DC really needs to get their stuff together. What do you guys think?

@lvenger said:

Fixed for accuracy on the relationship, interactions between the two characters and how the relationship has written both participants exceptionally poorly in an empty, vacuous and downright disrespectful management of these two characters. Both of which have been forced together in a ham fisted, rubbishly developed and non existent chemistry romance. Feel free to avoid my post but thus far, none of these points have been sufficiently disproved by supporters of the relationship in the slightest. Not by you or anyone else. So why you like this soulless and terrible romance is beyond me when all reasonable logic and clear cut analysis of the relationship can be dissected and exposed for the stupid PR move it really is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...

Honestly when I envision the SM/WW relationship, I think of two friends slowly falling for each other after many years of facing battle side by side. I feel that they should truly know each other first, before considering being with each other.

I'm kind of indifferent to the whole "getting together because they both feel like aliens in a strange world."

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By darkman61288

Loading Video...

I agree with them 100%.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Superman couldn't be with Wonder Woman because he was going to be with Lois" is as lazy and creatively castrating as it gets to justify narrative choices, no matter the medium. And nowadays, with a new status quo, it's an absolute non-statement. And the old "it's like the quarterback and the cheerleader" bit says more about these guys' high school nerd deep-seated resentment than anything else, as they'd rather Diana hook up with Batman, the misunderstood loner who gets by on his wits and superior intellect - which is the way they probably envisioned themselves.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By johnqestion

@self-dceit said:

"Superman couldn't be with Wonder Woman because he was going to be with Lois" is as lazy and creatively castrating as it gets to justify narrative choices, no matter the medium. And nowadays, with a new status quo, it's an absolute non-statement. And the old "it's like the quarterback and the cheerleader" bit says more about these guys' high school nerd deep-seated resentment than anything else, as they'd rather Diana hook up with Batman, the misunderstood loner who gets by on his wits and superior intellect - which is the way they probably envisioned themselves.

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! And the greatest irony happened because of Timm's rationale Batman becomes not the underdog or nerd but the guy who is the ultimate fantasy...rich, smarter than everyone, even the Wall was wetting herself for him, dodging omega beams, all the women gaga for him while he does nothing but brood and has a woman like Wonder Woman, a confident Amazon relegated to acting like a cheerleader.

Superman became a whiner, a wimp and lost his balls I could say too during his days of pining for Lois, even during their engagement and the marriage. That era was not that great for Superman as a character. Being with Lois did not in fact make the character more popular or likeable and trying to make her so vital to his morality has crippled him imo and the character's motivations become not heroic but selfish and questionable. We came off an era where Superman was at his all time low.

So I am in no way to see a Superman like that again. Nor a Wonder Woman drooling for Batman. Currently they in their own books and shared title feel way stronger as heroes in terms of how they do their duty to humanity. Soule made it very clear they are for protecting the world and not only about themselves. That alone is refreshing for me. All the odes to Lois last canon and the implication he needs her alone to ground him, I never bought it and still don't. The new 52 so far (we won't even talk about Injustice since it writes Superman as a weak character) has been very good in showing how morally strong Clark is due to many factors. Not only about Lois.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also always wanted Superman and WW to at least have a version of the DCU timeline where they realized they were perfect for each other, and when in the New 52 DC finally made the move, I was thrilled.

But now it's an all different matter. From what I've seen so far, the chemistry is low to non-existent, they don't actually share each other world, at least Diana has always shown a resistance to let Kal into her world has Wonder Woman. In fact we've been shown after the events in Doomed #1, when Kal said it to Diana "I said that I loved you, but you never said it back to me. You never let me into your world, not really. I only knew about the First Son after it was all over. You could've called for my help but you never did. Because in the end you don't really trust anyone nor do you let anyone really in." this showed that he's actually quite aware there's still a wall between him and her.

Basically DC made this a romance doomed to fail (no pun intended). And if in DC they don't actually want to put the effort to create what could have been one of the New 52 greatest/best changes, then they should call it quits and end it.

We were all witness to the lack of commitment in bringing these two awesome characters together, and we're all witnesses how the New 52 is becoming more and more the Old 52. Clark is back to the daily planet, Diana is back to doing stuff on her own.

DC couldn't have screwed up more the relationship between those two, even if they tried.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Nap, I ship it. HATERS GUN HATE

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also always wanted Superman and WW to at least have a version of the DCU timeline where they realized they were perfect for each other, and when in the New 52 DC finally made the move, I was thrilled.

But now it's an all different matter. From what I've seen so far, the chemistry is low to non-existent, they don't actually share each other world, at least Diana has always shown a resistance to let Kal into her world has Wonder Woman. In fact we've been shown after the events in Doomed #1, when Kal said it to Diana "I said that I loved you, but you never said it back to me. You never let me into your world, not really. I only knew about the First Son after it was all over. You could've called for my help but you never did. Because in the end you don't really trust anyone nor do you let anyone really in." this showed that he's actually quite aware there's still a wall between him and her.

Basically DC made this a romance doomed to fail (no pun intended). And if in DC they don't actually want to put the effort to create what could have been one of the New 52 greatest/best changes, then they should call it quits and end it.

We were all witness to the lack of commitment in bringing these two awesome characters together, and we're all witnesses how the New 52 is becoming more and more the Old 52. Clark is back to the daily planet, Diana is back to doing stuff on her own.

DC couldn't have screwed up more the relationship between those two, even if they tried.

That was just Soule alluding to the fact that Wonder Woman's eponymous book was cut off from the dc continuity since the start of the new 52 and part of his effort to cast Wonder Woman in the role of Bella, the lady in harm's way that Superman felt so strongly about protecting. I believe it's not the concept Geoff Johns had in mind but sadly it's the route they went. The result was hideous in ways that challenge my ability to describe this book.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit said:

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! And the greatest irony happened because of Timm's rationale Batman becomes not the underdog or nerd but the guy who is the ultimate fantasy...rich, smarter than everyone, even the Wall was wetting herself for him, dodging omega beams, all the women gaga for him while he does nothing but brood and has a woman like Wonder Woman, a confident Amazon relegated to acting like a cheerleader.

Superman became a whiner, a wimp and lost his balls I could say too during his days of pining for Lois, even during their engagement and the marriage. That era was not that great for Superman as a character. Being with Lois did not in fact make the character more popular or likeable and trying to make her so vital to his morality has crippled him imo and the character's motivations become not heroic but selfish and questionable. We came off an era where Superman was at his all time low.

So I am in no way to see a Superman like that again. Nor a Wonder Woman drooling for Batman. Currently they in their own books and shared title feel way stronger as heroes in terms of how they do their duty to humanity. Soule made it very clear they are for protecting the world and not only about themselves. That alone is refreshing for me. All the odes to Lois last canon and the implication he needs her alone to ground him, I never bought it and still don't. The new 52 so far (we won't even talk about Injustice since it writes Superman as a weak character) has been very good in showing how morally strong Clark is due to many factors. Not only about Lois.

Your making sound like Lois and the romance between her and Superman was the problem. It wasn't. It was just bad writing.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Self-DCeit

@heavenlydarkdragon:

From what I've seen so far, the chemistry is low to non-existent

Chemistry is subjective, especially in an inanimate medium like comics. People will always see what they wish to see, depending on how they feel about the characters.

they don't actually share each other world, at least Diana has always shown a resistance to let Kal into her world has Wonder Woman. In fact we've been shown after the events in Doomed #1, when Kal said it to Diana [...] that he's actually quite aware there's still a wall between him and her.

Actually, what we were shown was the gradually easing of these two superpowered beings into each other's worlds. In Wonder Woman's case, it was a particularly tricky endeavor, thanks to Azzarello's hermetic narrative. Besides, Superdoom would have said the nastiest things about anyone, those little things that lurk in the darkest corners of your mind and that annoy you about other people, no matter how much you care for them.

I fail to see how daring to take the step, committing to it with a monthly title with top talent assigned to it and having it cross over to other mediums (animated movies, Lego games, merchandise) is dooming something to fail.

we're all witnesses how the New 52 is becoming more and more the Old 52. Clark is back to the daily planet, Diana is back to doing stuff on her own.

No argument on the Daily Planet bit. It's a step back at worst, and a timid backtracking into safer ground at best. But how in the blue hell is Diana "doing stuff on her own" a bad thing, and how does it relate to the topic at hand?

@foamborn:

That was just Soule [...] effort to cast Wonder Woman in the role of Bella, the lady in harm's way that Superman felt so strongly about protecting.

Superman feels strongly about protecting everyone. Always has, always will, regardless of their power or the cost to himself. Why choose to take offense at him wanting to protect the woman he loves?

I believe it's not the concept Geoff Johns had in mind but sadly it's the route they went. The result was hideous in ways that challenge my ability to describe this book.

This type of crass hyperbole only discredits and undermines your stance.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will only accept a Superman/Wonder Woman break-up if Superman and Lois Lane do not hook-up immediately afterwards. If you people still keep bitching about it after that, then the lot of you are goddamn hypocrites.

And if Superman does, by some misfortune, get back with Lois, I want DC to finally give him some balls. No more of Lois' passive-aggressive bullshit, and constantly acting like a bitch towards Kal to make herself feel better about her inferiority to him. I want him to be ready to give an equally-snarky comeback and make it known he won't put up with her shit. I want him to act like he's the best goddamn catch all-round and she's lucky he's paying attention to her. Dude is supposed to behave like freakin' Don Draper/Captain Kirk in concept, the whole pining after one girl like a hopeless suitor is supposed to be an act.

I also want Superman to be hyper-intelligent, resourceful and prepared, skilled at a shitload of different things, a man of a million talents, kicking ass like there's no tomorrow and saving the day in style. He's Hercules-Meets-James-Bond-Meets-MacGyver, not George McFly with superpowers. DC seems almost terrified of exploiting the wish-fulfillment factor to the max with Superman, something that they had no problem doing with Batman for decades. It is pointless if Superman can push planets around, but Lex Luthor can shoot up some super-serum and kick his ass while Superman begs him to see reason, instead of fighting to take Luthor down a notch and show him who's boss.

I also want a Ferrari, a billion dollars, a mansion in Spain overlooking the ocean, and to be super-handsome. That's not gonna happen, so the least DC can do is make it easier for me to live vicariously through the Man of Steel.

Also, screw Wonder Woman. Superman has much better prospects in his own mythos. I hear Queen Maxima is looking for suitors, so get your Han Solo groove on, Supes, and show that alien queen some sweet Kryptonian lovin'.

i wont listen to anyone who thinks that Superman and Wonder Woman should end because of Superman should be with the biggest groupie in comics.

Lois Lane will date anyone with some power, be it Lex, Bruce Wayne or John Corben. She's a power groupie, Superman isnt special, he's just powerful. You guys can talk about the Byrne invention of Lois and Clark, but 50 years of history says Lois just wanted Superman.

As far as yoi Diana fans are concerned, you want her to date the misogynistic, arrogant pig that is Orion over a guy who treats her with respect? Holy Cow, i thought she's supposed to be a feminist icon? So Superman and Wonder Woman are a bad couple because Superman doesnt tell Diana to "stop with the talking and get with the sammich making"? Haysoes Christo y Santa Maria!

Whatever, Diana can get with Orion, but it's not very Diana of her. DC should really make a new woman for Supes. One that doesnt constant saving and actually plays off his personality.

Superman being paired with A-holes(Lois Lane is a major butt) is annoying amd not fun to watch. We get it, he's a nice guy, but no one is nice enough to put up with the abuse that he gets from his alleged love and best-friend.

Posts made me laugh.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#148  Edited By Saint_Sophie

To hell with their relationship. =]

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By arthurkerr

@saint_wildcard: I agree it's why I picked up the books again. They are a great couple.

And as long as they are a couple I will invest in the book.