Is Superman Invincible?

• 68 results
Justlooking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Simple enough, just post scans of Supes being beaten or owning while fully blood lusted/no morals, or as close as he can get.
Any version that is actually Supes applies, Thought Robot does not.

My reasoning for doing this is not to troll, but because I feel like Supes is a cheap character that keeps getting underrated in the power scale. He seems to me like he's written virtually invincible and no one can really match him, but he constantly holds back. Then just like the hulk, the angrier he is, the more strength he has. Not in the same way as the Hulk however, because the Hulk literally gets more strength, whereas Supes seems to simply hold back less.

In short, prove to me that Supes seriously isn't as cheap as he appears, and don't give me a scan of him getting backhanded by Darksied/etc. in a casual encounter, because as far as I can tell, he would still be holding back at that point.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suoerman has never been bloodlusted or had no morals in main the main universe.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

No. Superman is Clark.

Invincible is Mark.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Arrow
Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Yes he has. During sacrifice. I dont have the scans though, but he was trying to klll WW while under the control of Maxwell lord. He was able to blitz her to the Sun and once Sun amped knocked her all the way down to earth. He also broke her wrist.

Once on earth though she went toe to toe with him and cut his throat, but thats a magical weakness. Other than that he also turned into Superdoom, but im not sure if that counts.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

While I remember several instances when Superman was really angry, he actually never was “bloodlusted/no morals or close to it” in main comics continuity - and for that I’m grateful.

There is several situations with no morale (mostly in Elseworlds, for example, Injustice), but he seriously jobbed there.

Superman isn’t really invincible; he’s just really durable to damage. There is many ways to hurt him by utilizing his weaknesses plus powerhouses-enemies could do it easily on their own.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raffels
No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus: That's him being controlled the OP wants to know if he was bloodlusted of his own accorded

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: What about when he ripped doomsday in half? Does that count?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Diana beat him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Maxwell Lord fight. Superman thought he was fighting Doomsday, and a Doomsday that had killed Lois too.

He was bloodlusted, he was had morals off and he was beaten. Diana, in a fight, should always beat Superman and that fight was most accurate depiction of what would happen if those two fought. Not any silliness of Superman one shooting her like she doesn't take on Gods in her stories.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Maxwell Lord fight. Superman thought he was fighting Doomsday, and a Doomsday that had killed Lois too.

He was bloodlusted, he was had morals off and he was beaten. Diana, in a fight, should always beat Superman and that fight was most accurate depiction of what would happen if those two fought. Not any silliness of Superman one shooting her like she doesn't take on Gods in her stories.

Can u post scans?

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr24

Yup i remember, this is true Wonder Women beat Superman in countdown to infinite crisis. he Broke her wrist and she sled her gauntlet up to hold it together. It's fair to mention Wonder Woman had to Maxwell to stop Superman.

Loading Video...

@blackhawk000111 said:

@superguy1591 said:

Can u post scans?

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she takes on gods and wins due to plot devices.

she beat superman due to plot device.someone had to snap superman out of mindcontrol.

See the truth is when wonder woman is shot with arrows and bullets she blocks them because she isnt bullet proof unlike superman but then when they fought she won...THAT WAS CRAP! i'm just saying.

superman is a guy who pushes entire planets for fun(without breaking a sweat)but when he punches wonder woman she doesnt die.

Note that:wonder woman can be hurt by arrows.

her beating sups was kinda fishy to me.

SUPERMAN ISNT COMPLETELY INVINSIBLE HE CAN BE HURT BY MAGIC KRYPTONITE & NUKES.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's invincible to everyone but Wonder Woman

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Manchine
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Diana beat him.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MPfly88

@superguy1591 said:

That is one of the most ignorant things I've seen a fan say on here. Superman may have been bloodlusted, but he was fighting in a style that was ineffective against Diana, because she's a totally different fighter from Doomsday. How about a Bloodlusted Superman who KNOWS he's fighting Wonder Woman? Let's see how well she fairs against him then. Clark's not an idiot, if he knows he's fighting Wonder Woman, he's not just gonna charge at her and start throwing haymakers. He's a better fighter than that. If you ever seen the "Death Battle: Superman vs Goku" video, they go in-depth detail on just what kind of insane feats and fighting abilities Superman is capable of. So enough with this stupid nonsense. You guys love sticking to that Sacrifice fight like flies on crap, completely ignoring the fact that Superman was mind controlled into thinking he was fighting Triple H, when he was really fighting Jet Li.

I'm so sick of Wonder Woman fans severely underestimating Superman like this. I see her fans taking pot shots at Superman almost all the time on here. If you seriously believe Superman can never beat Wonder Woman, then you're outta your mind. If you wanna bring up heroes that Superman would have an extremely tough time beating, then bring up The Flash, Martian Manhunter or Shazam. With Wonder Woman they both have a good chance of putting each other down. It's not completely one sided as a lot of WW fans love to believe.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, you were meant that fight, I thought you were talking about New 52. Superman was a just mindless flying brick in that fight though.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Is that even what really happened? I remember this issue and what I saw from it –

1. Superman’s pure physical power is higher than Diana’s;

2. He wasn’t beaten, i.e. “in no condition to continue fight”. Diana managed to stall him, to slow him down two times – and that’s it. It was said that she was “holding up, but barely”.

I agree that Diana has a real chance to defeat Superman in combat (due to her warrior’s aptitude and magic weapons), but every time? Nope and not in this particular battle.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@superguy1591 said:

Oh, you were meant that fight, I thought you were talking about New 52. Superman was a just mindless flying brick in that fight though.

Exactly. A morals-off clear headed Superman is more dangerous than a bloodlusted Superman. A bloodlusted character tends to leap before they look.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Maybe all the time wasn't the right word, but at least 6/10 should be enough.

I mean, the difference between them isn't, or shouldn't be, big enough to make that much of a difference in terms of power. And, unlike out beloved blue hero, Diana can actually fight.

That should be enough to make up the ground between the two. When you add in her magical weapons, I fail to see how Superman wins the majority of the fights.

A lot of people think I'm bias towards their characters, but I'm not, I just like every character portrayed to their full potential. I hate seeing a write up or a write down solely because one character is more popular than the other.

The way I've always seen it is this. Superman beats Hal because hope > will and Superman should be able to overcome anything Hal throws at him. Diana beats Superman for all the reasons I listed earlier. And Hal beats Diana because Diana needs air to breath and Hal' sting can implement tons of way to suffocate her.

But out im not in charge so I guess Superman and Batman can beat everyone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: Okay, I don't know why you guys keep thinking Superman is this ace fighter, but he ain't. Death battle? Those Kryptonian martial arts mentioned were plot devices in a story that I'm not sure Superman has ever used again. I'm not saying that I don't think Superman should be a good fighter; I just think Superman only really needs boxing and his super speed to be a threat.

And fair air enough he wasn't fighting another brawler, but when has Superman ever been shown the ability to change up his fighting style? He's always a brawler.

Plus, Diana's reflexes are faster than his and her ability to counter his blows would be much more effective than anything he could muster.

Obviously I'm a Superman fan first, Wonder Woman second. I just don't see a way Superman is bring her down.

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: it only smells fishy to you because you're blinded by your bias. It's like when Batman fanboys get blinded by their love for Batman that they write off the strengths of other characters. You said yourself that Superman can be effected by magic, but you easily write off the fact that Wonder Woman's tiara, lasso and sword are all magical items that are capable of inflicting pain on Superman.

So what if she can be damaged by arrows, is Superman going to shoot some arrows at her? Nope.

Let it go, fellas. She's just a better fighter than him.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

Then we should consider that Diana is more vulnerable to pure physical attacks than Kryptonians (beats me how it makes any sense, but this is how it usually portrayed), so Superman has an edge in absorbing damage. He can concentrate on avoiding been cut by magical weapons. Plus while I have an idea about Superman’s combat speed, I’ll admit that I’m unfamiliar with Diana’s feats in this department. Are they comparable to each other?

Well, to summarize my position about “SM vs WW”, morals on/everyday normal Superman will take 5 out of 10 fights, morals off/clear headed Superman will take 8-9 out of 10.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

No. Superman is Clark.

Invincible is Mark.

F*ck...I was gonna say this...

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: Okay, I don't know why you guys keep thinking Superman is this ace fighter, but he ain't. Death battle? Those Kryptonian martial arts mentioned were plot devices in a story that I'm not sure Superman has ever used again. I'm not saying that I don't think Superman should be a good fighter; I just think Superman only really needs boxing and his super speed to be a threat.

And fair air enough he wasn't fighting another brawler, but when has Superman ever been shown the ability to change up his fighting style? He's always a brawler.

Plus, Diana's reflexes are faster than his and her ability to counter his blows would be much more effective than anything he could muster.

Obviously I'm a Superman fan first, Wonder Woman second. I just don't see a way Superman is bring her down.

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: it only smells fishy to you because you're blinded by your bias. It's like when Batman fanboys get blinded by their love for Batman that they write off the strengths of other characters. You said yourself that Superman can be effected by magic, but you easily write off the fact that Wonder Woman's tiara, lasso and sword are all magical items that are capable of inflicting pain on Superman.

So what if she can be damaged by arrows, is Superman going to shoot some arrows at her? Nope.

Let it go, fellas. She's just a better fighter than him.

If he needs to take her down, he will. Nobody is arguing she's a better fighter than him, but you're completely off point saying he stands no chance against her. Who do the heroes always fear the most over who would turn rogue? Superman or Wonder Woman? Superman has a long standing history of overcoming the greatest odds and beating opponents more powerful and more intelligent than he is. Two of his greatest villains are some of the most intelligent beings in the DC Universe. Superman is mostly a brawler because most of the time it's enough. But he can and has shown the ability to fight a lot more intelligently if need be. Seeing as how Diana is one of his closest friends, and he knows how great of a fighter she is, it stands to reason he's gonna fight more strategically.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no one can answer OP?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So certain people seem to be forgetting the numerous fights Superman and Wonder Woman have had and their outcomes. And if people think it takes a morals off Superman to beat Wonder Woman, League of One begs to differ.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By A1l_S2a3m4E5N

1st I a agree ww is a better fighter than suppy. 2nd I neves said sups doent stand a chance in fact a said the exact opposite. In Superman Batman Apocalyse sups punched at full strength darkseid over 100 times in 5secs while at the same time frying his face with heat vission. If this was done to ww would she survive it ? I mean even darkseid had his face fucked up by this not to mention the amt of red stuff that was gushing out of his face.

Ps: red stuff=BLOOD.

And ill re-iterate sups is vulnerable to krytonite and magic.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: If Superman was shown to fight like he fought Darkseid in Apokalips, I would regard Superman as a much better fighter than what I do now. The problem is, he rarely ever shows off his abilities like that and, instead, relies on his strength to pull through. And Diana's sword, tiara and lasso are all magic, so she's packing Superman's weaknesses on her.

@sanohibiki: Fair enough, but that's why I revised it to she'll only win the majority of the fights. And I'm willing to believe that Wonder Woman's hands are faster than Superman since she's caught Flashes when they didn't want to be caught while Flashes always say they let Superman catch them.

@mpfly88: Well, technically I revised it to Wonder Woman wins the majority of the fights instead. And yes, the heroes fear Superman going rouge over Wonder Woman, but that's because he's the toughest member to bring down. I never said he was an easy out.

Also, so, the only rogue in Superman's gallery that has ever been showcased with Martial Art ability on par with Wonder Woman is Faora. And she beat him in the Silver Age. The Silver Age Version of Superman...

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MPfly88

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: If Superman was shown to fight like he fought Darkseid in Apokalips, I would regard Superman as a much better fighter than what I do now. The problem is, he rarely ever shows off his abilities like that and, instead, relies on his strength to pull through. And Diana's sword, tiara and lasso are all magic, so she's packing Superman's weaknesses on her.

@sanohibiki: Fair enough, but that's why I revised it to she'll only win the majority of the fights. And I'm willing to believe that Wonder Woman's hands are faster than Superman since she's caught Flashes when they didn't want to be caught while Flashes always say they let Superman catch them.

@mpfly88: Well, technically I revised it to Wonder Woman wins the majority of the fights instead. And yes, the heroes fear Superman going rouge over Wonder Woman, but that's because he's the toughest member to bring down. I never said he was an easy out.

Also, so, the only rogue in Superman's gallery that has ever been showcased with Martial Art ability on par with Wonder Woman is Faora. And she beat him in the Silver Age. The Silver Age Version of Superman...

Like you said, we rarely see him show off his fighting abilities, because most of the time his strength is enough. Superman has shown he can take blows from Wonder Woman a helluva lot better than she can take his. The guy is known for taking obscene amounts of punishment more than other others. While we've seen Supes bloody up Wonder Woman and snap her bones. And that was both times when he was brainwashed. Now imagine a fight where he's not brainwashed, where he knows he's fighting Wonder Woman.

In League of One Wonder Woman flat out admits she can't beat him in combat, implying a clear headed Supes is harder to take down. The guy is smarter and a better fighter than some people like to believe. The whole thing about her having faster reflexes than him is a minor point, because we've seen Superman tag her so many times.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank GOD someppl are finally talking sense.

On that note i bow out saying op never specified cannon feats only.

And sups isnt completely invulnerable as he can be hurt by kryptonite & magic. And in anime, nukes.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Superman is not invincible, although is insanely durable.

Also @superguy1591 yes League of One is officially canon.

Justlooking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the problem I'm seeing. It appears that if he's sun dipped enough, he's protected from his weaknesses (though that's fairly inconsistent). Then at the same time, he has these absurd feats while completely normal that he decides not to use ever again.

He's almost as inconsistent as Galactus.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MPfly88

@justlooking said:

That's the problem I'm seeing. It appears that if he's sun dipped enough, he's protected from his weaknesses (though that's fairly inconsistent). Then at the same time, he has these absurd feats while completely normal that he decides not to use ever again.

He's almost as inconsistent as Galactus.

Consistency when you have so many writers is an incredibly difficult thing to do. It's like when you hand off the reins of a book series to another writer, you tell them "Ok you gotta follow this guideline, and this guideline, and this guideline, and this guideline, and don't forget about this issue, and that issue and that issue."

They probably are instructed to only follow the most basic guidelines about the character and the current events in the entire DC universe, cause otherwise it would really hinder the writer's creativity and drive them absolutely insane..

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman can't beat Superman

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By blackhawk000111

So nobody can beat fully blood lusted/no morals Superman

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW is nowhere near as fast,strong,or durable as superman,she can't even survive in space like kryptonians can.i know it's cute and fun to point out that one time pre 52 that one writer thought they it would be cool to say she has faster reflexes than him,but the big ass pile of comics in front of any of us says that's BS.

Can she slow him down,hold him off,stall him,YES.can she beat him If she sneak attacks him or comes prepared to fight a unknowing superman,YES.can she beat a superman on the exact same footing as her with the exact same prep or knowledge of fight,HELL NO.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is anything but invincible. Even the Hulk isn't invincible.

Yes it is said more than once that Superman holds back, but then again if you had the power to break planets appart or simply pulverize them, you'd hold back to. The Hulk is like the engine of a sports car, he needs his rage to fuel his powers and increase "speed" or in his case power. But Superman isn't an engine he's a freaking star all by himself. A guy that can dive to the heart of the sun and come back more powerful than when he got in. That's major power levels right there. So in order for him to simply not destroy everything he has to hold himself back, there's no way around it.

But this doesn't make him invincible. He can be hurt and killed by kriptonite and red sun radiation makes it so that he can't recharge his powers.

The same way that if someone would blow Banner's head to pieces or throw the Hulk into a sun he wouldn't survive.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is NOT invincible, not even close.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By toptom
No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@lvenger: In pre 52 WW was close to him in strength and durability,League of one proves nothing,none of them were trying their best,before that in the the witch and the warrior we saw her hold her own against a bloodlusted Superman,5 years after League of one we saw her hold her own against a bloodlusted Superman,if she goes all out and he doesn't then he is not winning considering she has shown to have a chance to beat him when he is going all out.

Close but no cigar in terms of who was superior in strength and durability. In strength, Diana admitted that 3 more hits from a Circe mind controlled and bloodlusted Superman would have killed her. And as for durability, Diana was KOed and nearly killed by an exploding Imperiex Probe whereas Superman tanked an exploding Imperiex Probe far better than Diana did. And what you call holding her own against a bloodlusted Superman, I call just surviving against a more powerful foe than she could overcome.

I strongly disagree with your conclusion to say the least as even in the closer power levels of the Pre New 52 canon, Superman was clearly shown to be Diana's superior in strength, striking power, durability and raw power. If both are going all out, Superman is evidently going to win more often than Diana due to her consistent struggling to defeat an all out Superman in the past. Not to mention that her advantages can be countered by Superman's edges too. And if you really want to question me, I do know my Wonder Woman feats nearly as well as I do my Superman ones. Her speed may enable her to beat slow powerhouses like Thor and Hulk but Superman is as strong as they are and dozens of times faster than them too.