How strong do you think superman will be in the new movie?

• 90 results
Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

..As a long time Superman fan, Its annoyed me how Superman seems to have grown weaker over the years whilst all the Marvel characters like the Hulk seem to have grown ever more powerful, as evidenced by all these Hulk v Superman threads. If these arguments had taken place in the 70s, no one would have given the old green monster a chance!!. When I flick through modern DC Comics, Superman now seems to get an arse kicking from Wonder Woman and all manner of other characters, draws blood easily and generally sucks!. I think Superman is the original superhero and needs to be the strongest, most powerful of all the A listers. I really hope the new movie shows this and we don't have more ridiculous scenes like Superman returns where a kryptonite weakened Kal El was getting his arse kicked by Lex Luthor and a gang of thugs! How strong do you think the new Zak Snyder Superman will be and how strong do you want him to be?

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't entirely disagree with you. Superman is supposed to be the the pinnacle of strength and justice. Mr. Perfect, in a nutshell. Seeing Lex and friggin Kumar kicking Supes around like a punk was incredibly insulting.

However, in the new movies case, since the villain is Zod I better see Supes spit up a little bit of blood.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong enough.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: lifting the earth's wiehgt for days doesn't come off as weak, he's still strong, he is just "semi" balanced now. Hulk has gotten stronger over the years but look how they handle him, it depends what day of the week it is and what mood he is in and what persona he is in and if he went to bed before 9 pm or after midnight. His strength fluctuates like crazy. Being the biggest strongest guy out there isn't always the best, because then they wouldn't have any idea what to do with someone who is basically a god.

It must be insanely hard to fight as superman, imagine trying to fight a 12 year old, who yes if they hit you can hurt you, but you have to punch them hard enough to disable them but not SERIOUSLY hurt them, also while you're fighting, you're in a room of eggs (civilians) which you can't let get broken, and the walls of the room are made of construction paper.... you would have to control the speed of your punches like crazy, every move you made would require concentration, WHILE trying to take out this mad man without doing any real harm done to said mad man. I don't think he gets his ass kicked because he is weak I think he just cares too much about his surroundings.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..As a long time Superman fan, Its annoyed me how Superman seems to have grown weaker over the years whilst all the Marvel characters like the Hulk seem to have grown ever more powerful, as evidenced by all these Hulk v Superman threads. If these arguments had taken place in the 70s, no one would have given the old green monster a chance!!. When I flick through modern DC Comics, Superman now seems to get an arse kicking from Wonder Woman and all manner of other characters, draws blood easily and generally sucks!. I think Superman is the original superhero and needs to be the strongest, most powerful of all the A listers. I really hope the new movie shows this and we don't have more ridiculous scenes like Superman returns where a kryptonite weakened Kal El was getting his arse kicked by Lex Luthor and a gang of thugs! How strong do you think the new Zak Snyder Superman will be and how strong do you want him to be?

Dude, if most, heck, if even HALF of the reason you like a character is because of their power level, then you are ABSURDLY shallow.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@bezza: who is basically a god.

I don't think he gets his ass kicked because he is weak I think he just cares too much about his surroundings.

Ah come on! All a writer needs is a little imagination and some vision! Just look at how they've handled Thor or Herc over the years!

That second part though, I can agree with.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im assuming, a little weaker than Superman Returns (who after getting his "arse kicked" lifted the entire Kryptonite Island into space), but stronger than we've seen Thor in movies. All of which are weaker than his (their) comic book incarnations. My prediction.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im assuming, a little weaker than Superman Returns (who after getting his "arse kicked" lifted the entire Kryptonite Island into space), but stronger than we've seen Thor in movies. All of which are weaker than his (their) comic book incarnations. My prediction.

So long as he's strong enough to knock over skyscrapers and survive being knocked through them and lift one and or is a decent city or mountain buster by the time he fights Zod, I'll be good.

If, by that time though, that bullets and missiles from the military actually hurt him, then I'd be as angry as if that shiznit happened to Godzilla (the 1990's American Horseshit pile doesn't count!). Regular bullets and bombs DO NOT hurt Superman when he becomes Superman. You can get away with that when he's starting off as a younger version of himself, but once he gets the full costume and fights crime? Yeah...I don't buy it.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the trailers, Superman seems to be able to lift a bus, fly above the earth. The kryptonian villains are shown in chains and maybe after gaining powers, they break the chains. The kryptonian villains seem to be using a space ship so they probably are not too powerful.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sneeze out universe

hahahaha

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what?hulk?

he best feats was struggle lift mountain,how can put him match superman?even most weakest verson superman,pre-52 superman,still can move 1/3 of the earth

even let us use world break hulk,who destroy planet with red she hulk,Worldbreaker Hulk destroy planet not all was strength,Hulk and Betty did it with both kinetic energy and gamma energy. Thus it wasn't all strength,They were grappling and the energy being released destroyed the planet,just all

P.S, ss also can without touching planet to destroy planet just like hulk,but just energy,not mean that his strength feats

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, since he is fighting other Kryptonians in Man of Steel and not Kumar like in Superman Returns, I hope Zack Snider and crew go all out with the superstrength. Have them being thrown through freeway overpasses hitting each other with semi trucks and smashing each other so hard to make craters in the asphalt road. Remember the more fantastic elements of the final fight in the third Matrix movie? Like that but with better music, effects and more red and blue tights.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Dont worry,no hulk can match superman,even world break hulk,It was the gamma energy released from both Hulks that caused the destruction and not some silly air blast. The events leading up to the main event showed the energy pouring from Hulk, even damaging other beings and his surrounding. Right before Hulk collided, energy was pouring out even more so. So when they collided the energy in them came forth and destroyed everything. Even Betty disintegrated from the energy that was released from her.

Surfer has shown the amount of energy inside of himself to destroy a planet without touching it. He can direct that energy (Hulk can't) as a blast.

So Hulk's feat was equivalent to an uncontrolled AOE energy blast with some added kinetic energy from the collision. Since Betty did half the feat it is safe to say that Hulk didn't have to power to destroy a planet by his lonesome. Surfer does.

@w0nd said:

@bezza: lifting the earth's wiehgt for days doesn't come off as weak, he's still strong, he is just "semi" balanced now. Hulk has gotten stronger over the years but look how they handle him, it depends what day of the week it is and what mood he is in and what persona he is in and if he went to bed before 9 pm or after midnight. His strength fluctuates like crazy. Being the biggest strongest guy out there isn't always the best, because then they wouldn't have any idea what to do with someone who is basically a god.

It must be insanely hard to fight as superman, imagine trying to fight a 12 year old, who yes if they hit you can hurt you, but you have to punch them hard enough to disable them but not SERIOUSLY hurt them, also while you're fighting, you're in a room of eggs (civilians) which you can't let get broken, and the walls of the room are made of construction paper.... you would have to control the speed of your punches like crazy, every move you made would require concentration, WHILE trying to take out this mad man without doing any real harm done to said mad man. I don't think he gets his ass kicked because he is weak I think he just cares too much about his surroundings.

the problem is,new 52 superman and wonder woman struggle lift aircraft carrier,DC bad writer again

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the kryptonians will do kung fu fighting like in the Matrix movies and Blade movies.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PowerWoman

@bezza said:

Dude, if most, heck, if even HALF of the reason you like a character is because of their power level, then you are ABSURDLY shallow.

a strong,powerful charater would be more attractive,.who like a weak superman?you like it?

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By .Longshot.

Yes, that movie where Superman lifted a mile-wide island made of kryptonite into space solo really made him look weak.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More powerful than a locomotive.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HeWhoSees

Based on the trailers, Superman seems to be able to lift a bus, fly above the earth. The kryptonian villains are shown in chains and maybe after gaining powers, they break the chains. The kryptonian villains seem to be using a space ship so they probably are not too powerful.

When the hell does using a space ship mean you're not too powerful?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees said:

@bezza said:

a strong,powerful charater would be more attractive,.who like a weak superman?you like it?

So you admit you're shallow?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Veshark

I want him to be powerful - but not planet-lifting powerful. I do want his physical prowess to be ever-present though, he should fight smartly and fast, his mere presence should feel like you're watching a hurricane or a natural disaster in action. I want him to be - barring super-powerful enemies - the most powerful superhero in this new DC Cinematic Universe. I want when a big brawler appears, Batman will say "Clark?", and Superman will proceed to beat the &*^% out of the villain. His role as the powerhouse of the team should feel justified.

Also, what's with this shallow nonsense? There are plenty of characters I like just because of their power level. Does anyone like Doomsday or Carnage because of their nuanced, complex portrayals? Your love for every character doesn't necessarily have to be based on characterization or other factors alone - it doesn't make your appreciation any less valid.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Nope,I dont think love a powerful charater was shallow

You haven't answered my question

you like a very weak superman?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Actually Snyder said they want to bring him down to earth in strength level in an interview.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

I want him to be powerful - but not planet-lifting powerful. I do want his physical prowess to be ever-present though, he should fight smartly and fast, his mere presence should feel like you're watching a hurricane or a natural disaster in action. I want him to be - barring super-powerful enemies - the most powerful superhero in this new DC Cinematic Universe. I want when a big brawler appears, Batman will say "Clark?", and Superman will proceed to beat the &*^% out of the villain. His role as the powerhouse of the team should feel justified.

Also, what's with this shallow nonsense? There are plenty of characters I like just because of their power level. Does anyone like Doomsday or Carnage because of their nuanced, complex portrayals? Your love for every character doesn't necessarily have to be based on characterization or other factors alone - it doesn't make your appreciation any less valid.

I meant it regards to heroes. Villains are a different matter, though, if can't enjoy a wide range of villains, you ARE shallow.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Nope,I dont think love a powerful charater was shallow

You haven't answered my question

you like a very weak superman?

Define VERY weak.

Also, I'm saying that if you love a powerful hero MOSTLY or even HALFLY for his power, then you're shallow (villains being another matter).

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees

So? More than half of the reason why I love Martian Manhunter is because of his badass powerset, but I also love his stoic personality. Does that make me shallow? No. Does it, on the other hand, make you come across as a snobby elitist? Yes.

All the OP is expressing is that Superman, as an A-Lister, should be more powerful than he's been generally portrayed. He stated that he prefers a stronger Superman. And you immediately labelled him shallow. And in another thread, all the OP asked for was Superman comics with good fights - and again, you automatically considered him shallow just because.

Powers are a big part of what make superheroes interesting, and we all have different reasons for appreciating different characters. Just because you disagree, there's no need to go around condescending others. For a guy called 'HeWhoSees', you're surprisingly short-sighted.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

They're basically going to make him the modern Jesus. Seems powerful enough to me. Will they test his limits? I sure hope so.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HeWhoSees

@veshark said:

@hewhosees

So? More than half of the reason why I love Martian Manhunter is because of his badass powerset, but I also love his stoic personality. Does that make me shallow? No. Does it, on the other hand, make you come across as a snobby elitist? Yes.

All the OP is expressing is that Superman, as an A-Lister, should be more powerful than he's been generally portrayed. He stated that he prefers a stronger Superman. And you immediately labelled him shallow. And in another thread, all the OP asked for was Superman comics with good fights - and again, you automatically considered him shallow just because.

Powers are a big part of what make superheroes interesting, and we all have different reasons for appreciating different characters. Just because you disagree, there's no need to go around condescending others. For a guy called 'HeWhoSees', you're surprisingly short-sighted.

The name's supposed to be ironic. And you're still coming off as incredibly shallow. I like J'onn because of his stoic personality, his back story being essentially a combination of Batman's and Superman's, and his TRUE outsider status on earth FIRST. It's because of shallow people like you that we got the dark age of comics filled with guys with guns with cookie cutter personas and attitudes written by people who didn't realize that, in order to make good characters, you have to, I don't know, FOCUS on their characters first!

You could be a guy that can lift the damn moon with a pinky finger and people can still hate you because you're a giant asshole who'd kill any one of them without reason or provocation like a craven, wanton, and capricious Hollywood Executive. The CHARACTER of a damn CHARACTER comes first and is the most important aspect of said CHARACTER.

If you can't accept the logic behind that (or at the very least, see it), then, atop of being incredibly shallow, you're also not very bright.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: sigh,bro... You disappoint me.

Of course,I love superman everything,but I'm also love a powerful superman,not a weak superman,so,why I cant talking superman power level?that make me shallow?Who set the rules?because I love superman power so i'm shallow?

hell

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees

Touch a nerve there, did I?

Again you go generalizing others - automatically claiming they're shallow because their love for a single character stems largely from their powers. One poster says that he likes Superman to be powerful - bam! - that's a shallow person right there. Another says he wants recommendations for good Superman fights - bam! - that guy must definitely be a shallow individual because God forbid we read superhero comics for the fights! I like Manhunter because of his cool powerset, and a little because of his characterization, and now I'm responsible for the Dark Age of Comics!

Realizing how silly and insecure you're sounding now? You seem to be so self-conscious about this whole characterization thing, automatically assuming that any intellectual would only love a superhero for his character, and that even if half of that reason is because of the powers, that person is automatically stupid. WAKE UP BUDDY - we're reading superhero comics - powers are a big part of what we love about this genre.

I love Manhunter mostly because of his powers, I admit that. But I also like Captain America for his moral compass and leadership. Does that make me a dumb, shallow, comic-reader? Don't answer that - it's rhetorical. No, it makes me an open-minded comic-reader who realizes that these characters are for personal entertainment, and that I love different characters for different reasons.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course,I love superman everything,but I'm also love a powerful superman,not a weak superman,so,why I cant talking superman power level?that make me shallow?Who set the rules?because I love superman power so i'm shallow?

hell

Just ignore this clown. All of a sudden just because some love for a character stems from the character's powers - we're automatically labelled 'shallow'. Been a while since I read something this silly on the boards.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell

Yes. Glad to see you admit it blondie.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: look like this dude like a weak superman..................................

I dont know I want to talking about,but I think every superman fans love superman powerful,not weak

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: look like this dude like a weak superman..................................

I dont know I want to talking about,but I think every superman fans love superman powerful,not weak

Again. Define "weak."

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@hewhosees

Touch a nerve there, did I?

Again you go generalizing others - automatically claiming they're shallow because their love for a single character stems largely from their powers. One poster says that he likes Superman to be powerful - bam! - that's a shallow person right there. Another says he wants recommendations for good Superman fights - bam! - that guy must definitely be a shallow individual because God forbid we read superhero comics for the fights! I like Manhunter because of his cool powerset, and a little because of his characterization, and now I'm responsible for the Dark Age of Comics!

Realizing how silly and insecure you're sounding now? You seem to be so self-conscious about this whole characterization thing, automatically assuming that any intellectual would only love a superhero for his character, and that even if half of that reason is because of the powers, that person is automatically stupid. WAKE UP BUDDY - we're reading superhero comics - powers are a big part of what we love about this genre.

I love Manhunter mostly because of his powers, I admit that. But I also like Captain America for his moral compass and leadership. Does that make me a dumb, shallow, comic-reader? Don't answer that - it's rhetorical. No, it makes me an open-minded comic-reader who realizes that these characters are for personal entertainment, and that I love different characters for different reasons.

So, in other words, you admit you're shallow for certain characters. Thanks for the specification! :P

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: you make me angry,in other day.I'm even think you are good buddie,now,you destroy it

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Veshark

@powerwoman

It's alright, friend, just leave it be. There will always be individuals like this in any community - there's not enough hours in the day to waste on them.

Be the bigger woman and walk away ;)

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@powerwoman said:

hell

Just ignore this clown. All of a sudden just because some love for a character stems from the character's powers - we're automatically labelled 'shallow'. Been a while since I read something this silly on the boards.

Now whose the one making generalizations brah? I said that if you're love of a character stems MOSTLY from how powerful they are, that you're into the character for the wrong reasons. 40 percent of your love stemming from a character's powerset is fine, but that should not be the PRIMARY reason you like one. It was thinking like that that made all those interchangeable and violent psycho/sociopaths of the 90's and almost killed the comics industry along with the speculator boom.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Just Made me really mad,in other day,I'm even seriously answer HeWhoSees superman vs thanos who wins....

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

70-80 tonner most likely. he's probably lift an oil tanker with ease.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/can-postcrises-superman-beat-current-thanos-bloodl-1457880/#18

If you really hate fans talking about superman power level,why you creater this thread?

and for god name,I'm even answer your question seriously

Because, an objective look at feats, capabilities, and abilities characters have done is NOT a subjective comparison of the characters' characters (though Lord knows that A LOT of people can't tell the difference between the two, like a lot of the annoying Goku fanboys who can't handle that Post-Crises Superman, at his most powerful, could take on Goku at his most powerful, or a lot of those pompous, egotistical, overzealous Superman fanboys who like to rub it their faces).

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

70-80 tonner most likely. he's probably lift an oil tanker with ease.

You do realize that any oil tanker weighs MUCH more than 70-80 tons, right?

Shooooooot. The largest class of oiltanker in the world weighs more than the Empire State Building (said building weighing in at around 365 THOUSAND tons or 365,000 tons).

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread went full [stupid]. No fan has to answer to anyone else about they like a character. All that needs to be said.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hewhosees: fine oil tanker weight expert. i guessed. sue me.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: For GOD name,I'm not a superman fanboys,read my posts,I'm talking superman or other charater is Objective and impartial,you dont like superman power level thing,is just your personality problems,not because love superman power was shallow, who set the rules?you?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread went full [stupid]. No fan has to answer to anyone else about they like a character. All that needs to be said.

And no fan is immune for being called out if another fan finds their reasoning to be shallow.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: who shallow?you make me angry,i cant belive just a few days ago i even think you are friendly folks,now,you destroy it

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: fine oil tanker weight expert. i guessed. sue me.

You ever heard of the Trope "Sci-Fi writers have no sense of scale?" I'm trying to avert that in my original writings, so I've spent countless hours figuring out how much things weigh, how many joules of energy are released by various weapons and large scale stuff, and other things like that. I blame factpile and Marvel's Class system that they never use anymore.

By the weigh, for a sense of scale of your own, an Abrahms tanks can be outfitted to weigh any where between 60 to 70 tons (US short tons, by the way).