Could be Superman's feats apply to other Kryptonians?

• 70 results
a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By a88378438

like ZOD,he can do superman everything can do?(move planets,faster than light,etc)

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Nope because Superman's solar reserves are deeper than any other (known) Kryptonian, so he has excess energy that can be used to go over and beyond.

It's like taking two cars of equal size, but one of them only has a quarter of a tank of gas. Yeah, they're capable of much of the same stuff, but the car with a full tank can be pushed a lot harder than the one with a quarter of a tank, and can be pushed hard for longer. Superman is a car with a full tank of gas.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: But in the War Of Supermen,ZOD says "You're not 'Super'

No Caption Provided

and ZOD can fight with superman,almost beat him

so even other

Kryptonians weaker than superman,they are not too much,right?

Any other Kryptonian on Earth would gain powers roughly identical to Superman's. Admittedly the varying physical strength of various Kryptonians would still apply.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: if superman was MUCH stronger and faster than other Kryptonians,Zod cant fight with him,any Kryptonians can't toe to toe with superman,but i read War Of Supermen,is not like this

so I think superman was not too much stronger or faster for other Kryptonians,if superman was just a little bit stronger than other Kryptonians,why Superman's feats cant apply to other Kryptonians?i mean,back Pre-52,even WW and MM can help superman moving planet,did the ZOD weaker than wonder woman or MM?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toptom

@a88378438: comics don't always make sense. zod should be on a par (physically) with ww of martian manhunter,with superman being a little stronger than him.that's all.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UltimateSMfan

what i concluded in the old universe was the supers, as they got older didnt take much time getting their powers if they lost it for some reason so as a kryptonian matures he can process solar energy faster..thats why superman didnt start gettin his powers till his teens and why it took superboy so long to get his krypto powers so by the time war of the supermen took place zod as well as everyone on new krypton had already been there for a whole year so they cldve gotten pretty powerful in that time if not as powerful as supes,plus in one year l8er after infinite crisis it took supes a year to get his powers back.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

In comics, tv and movies, the phantom zone villains are always portrayed as the equals of superman even though superman has had more practice in using solar energy and the phantom zone villains are obviously more rusty due to imprisonment in the phantom zone.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@a88378438

I never said Superman was much stronger, I said his reserves ran deeper, which allows him to do more stuff. In a punching and kicking contest, it's one thing. The amount of solar reserves Superman has does nothing to counteract the pain he gets from getting punched in the face a bunch of time. And as I'm sure you already know, if you're already in pain, it's easier to be in even more pain and you're not able to do anything up to optimal effectiveness. So if we fought and you got in more hits on me than I got in on you, eventually, my swings might become pretty slow and weak, despite the fact that I could theoretically be stronger than you in this made up scenario.

But say, Superman and Zod had to move a planet, Zod's solar reserves will burn up a lot sooner than Superman's. So while the two, technically, are capable of pushing said planet, Zod is incapable of doing so because he doesn't have enough stored fuel in order to perform the feat while Superman does.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By lightsout

On paper they should but there's also the case of willpower/mind-over-matter. Just like any real life fight, some people have the mental ability to keep working their muscles and not let them "quit". This could be the decider in a close fight. Especially since a logical (enough) theory is that Superman's powers are psionic(/telekinetic) in nature, the strength of one's mind to push one's own physical limitations is an important piece of the puzzle.

(Side note, I've recently become "uneasy" about the storing of energy - in terms of how it would biologically function. Especially how they show older Supermen in alternate universes being even stronger because they've had many more years absorbing it. It makes more sense that some radiation in yellow (+) suns -- but not red -- acts as a catalyst for some process in his Kryptonian cells (sort of like sunlight activating photosynthesis) and they produce some other, better kind of energy (as the amount of sun touching one's skin over a lifetime would not be enough energy to perform the feats Superman has). I just can't imagine how it'd work. Also, how quickly he can fuel up to "god-like" levels from zero (like stated, the 1 year after Infinite Crisis), yet the rate from that to "old" (like KC) Superman is slower. Why isn't get getting stronger everyday if he can just keep storing & storing? Eh....just fishy to me)

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: Wow..bro your point was amazing.....however,ZOD could be almost as strong as superman right?

in the , technically,....

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@lightsout said:

On paper they should but there's also the case of willpower/mind-over-matter. Just like any real life fight, some people have the mental ability to keep working their muscles and not let them "quit". This could be the decider in a close fight. Especially since a logical (enough) theory is that Superman's powers are psionic(/telekinetic) in nature, the strength of one's mind to push one's own physical limitations is an important piece of the puzzle.

(Side note, I've recently become "uneasy" about the storing of energy - in terms of how it would biologically function. Especially how they show older Supermen in alternate universes being even stronger because they've had many more years absorbing it. It makes more sense that some radiation in yellow (+) suns -- but not red -- acts as a catalyst for some process in his Kryptonian cells (sort of like sunlight activating photosynthesis) and they produce some other, better kind of energy (as the amount of sun touching one's skin over a lifetime would not be enough energy to perform the feats Superman has). I just can't imagine how it'd work. Also, how quickly he can fuel up to "god-like" levels from zero (like stated, the 1 year after Infinite Crisis), yet the rate from that to "old" (like KC) Superman is slower. Why isn't get getting stronger everyday if he can just keep storing & storing? Eh....just fishy to me)

There's two ways the older Supermen can be stronger than their younger counterparts:

1. They tap further into their solar reserves to power themselves up more while also being more efficient with their energy usage so the extra power doesn't burn off faster.

2. The process that stores the energy grow and become stronger like a muscle. The more energy Superman absorbs and uses, the better at handling those energies his body gets and thus is capable of absorbing more, and so on. So essentially, Superman being Superman on top of getting power from the sun is akin to Clark working out all the time, and since when he's older it's pretty safe to say he's been active much longer than his younger incarnations, he gets stronger. But it all depends on the incarnation, as the DCAU/Earth-12 version of Superman actually got weaker as he got older; makes sense as his body is less efficient due to age and blah blah. As for why he doesn't get stronger everyday, it's because he doesn't push himself past his limits every single day. If you work out and are able to bench 150lbs; eventually it's not going to do anything but maintain what you already have. Now, if you, say, try to go for 230lbs, the attempt is going to make you sore as you struggle to get it. And once you do reach that point, it's going to affect you up until benching this weight has very little beneficial muscle growth. Same with Superman. Fighting Metallo every day isn't going to push his body like fighting Mongul and Bizarro simultaneously would. Recovering from the latter fight would give Superman's body the ability to improve itself and get stronger through physical exertion.

If anything, Superman's body doesn't turn sunlight into some unknown energy and more than likely uses it for electromagnetic phenomenon which would not only account for his strength, durability (strengthening the magnetic fields around atoms and stuff and blah blah to make himself stronger and harder) flight (through riding EM currents), and even his superhuman senses.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By a88378438

@toptom: If so i dont think why Superman's feats cant apply to other Kryptonians,they are should be can

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lightsout

@ThanosIsMad: Wow, that's very well thought out. The "pushing limits akin to weight-lifting" is a much better explanation than "he's been under the sun longer" stuff.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KnightRise

@a88378438 said:

@ThanosIsMad: Wow..bro your point was amazing.....however,ZOD could be almost as strong as superman right?

in the , technically,....

Quick question. Why are you spelling Zod like THIS?

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By a88378438

@KnightRise: Lol....THAT WAS FUNNY

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By colonyofcells

I just assume all kryptonians have about the same level of powers such as Superman and Supergirl. Superman can easily be beaten up by kryptonians who know some kung fu. So far, I have not seen superman pushing planets like in the good old days altho I have seen lots of people punch superman around like Aquaman.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KnightRise

@a88378438 said:

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By a88378438

@colonyofcells: agree this

superman just was a normal kryptonians

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself

In New Krypton they made it seem like there was no such thing as yellow sun storage cells....Superman got hit with red sun and his powers were gone immediately...reexposed to yellow sun and his powers are back instantly.....the only thing he had a one up on the other Kryptonians with was his experience

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bogey

Yes they hold the same powers as Superman but when he see's another Kryptonian male he goes all Jet Li's on their ass as there can be only one.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By a88378438

@danhimself: Thanks you@Bogey: thanks you

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By consolemaster001

probably

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@danhimself said:

In New Krypton they made it seem like there was no such thing as yellow sun storage cells....Superman got hit with red sun and his powers were gone immediately...reexposed to yellow sun and his powers are back instantly.....the only thing he had a one up on the other Kryptonians with was his experience

Clark and Kara had solar reserves, which is why they survived the sun turning red while countless other Kryptonians were immediately depowered and suffocated.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: solar reserves not mean more stronger or more faster..

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SPM1M

@a88378438: In the "new krypton" arc along with "last stand of new krypton" and "war of the supermen", superman has been shown to be far faster and far stronger than any other kryptonia. he repeatedly took on multiple trained kryptonian soldiers at once not to mention he held his own against zod, non, and ursa at the same time, hell it even seemed he had the upper hand, then again took on zod and a gang of kryptonian soldiers in metroplis although he was beaten this time. Superman has been shown to be overall more powerfull than any other kryptonian like kara, zod, preus, etc. he has beaten most of them countless times and in some cases stomped. so i would say his feats are his own as no other kryptonian has even come close to his power on panel

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By a88378438

@SPM1M: Real?!Iwhy i read superman fight with Zod not had the upper hand?and,sure,superman can beat other kryptonias,but how can prove more faster or more stronger?superman only more experience than them

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By marvel123

@a88378438: has superman ever beaten zod, without sending him to the phantom zone, or trapping him in another dimension, or any other cheap way.......................have they ever just battled it out to the end?

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By a88378438
No Caption Provided

@marvel123: Nope,i just see they are in fight,and close,how can be show us Superman far stronger than him?they are toe with toe in fight

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@a88378438 said:

@ThanosIsMad: solar reserves not mean more stronger or more faster..

Considering that his strength and speed depend on the amount of solar energy he has stored, yes it does.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: Sorry..but i'm never see how superman far stronger than them..

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dextersinister

@a88378438 said:

When new krypts show up they are often depicted at around Superman level but this is for the sake of the story. Superman has been shown to have grown stronger over time within his own series and remember he has been on Earth for years.

New Kryptonians gaining their first dose of yellow sun should be a good deal weaker than him.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SPM1M

@a88378438 said:

@SPM1M: Real?!Iwhy i read superman fight with Zod not had the upper hand?and,sure,superman can beat other kryptonias,but how can prove more faster or more stronger?superman only more experience than them

they have fought a couple times but the one ur referring to is in the "for tomorrow" arc which was a closefight as are most of theyre fights, but theyre latest fight superman was completely ahead as zod needed constant aid to even keep up let me show u

superman over powering non and ursa and taking on zod

superman fighting zod and many kryptonian soldiers i assure there are a lot more but this is the only pic i could find

and to my knowledge zod is considered a superior fighter with a better hand to hand skill set than kal, but he loses every encounter with the exception of maybe one. this just goes to show you that superman is stronger and faster than zod although zod is a better fighter. the proof is in the feats no other kryptonian has done the things superman does.... not even close all kryptonians vary in strength, speed, skill just as regular ppl do so its safe to say you cant apply kals feats to other kryptonians

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By a88378438

@SPM1M: Nice scans...but where show us superman stronger than him?fight just can prove superman more experience than them..

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@a88378438 said:

Superman is stronger because he has the necessary power to make himself stronger. When Superman pushes himself, he taps deeper into his solar reserves which in turn increase his stats akin to an adrenaline rush. Because his reserves are logically deeper than any other Kryptonian, he can push himself more, and he could push himself farther.

Let's put this in real world standards: Two people of the same height, weight, and strength get into a fight to the death and are essentially evenly matched. Except that Fighter B has an adrenaline deficiency while fighter A is just fine. Adrenaline often can allow people to ignore pain, work at their peak for an extended period of time, and even allow them momentary bursts of strength or speed in certain situations: like a guy managing to lift a car up off of a gravely injured person in a car accident by themselves to allow others around to drag the injured person to safety.

The person who lifted the car might not be strong enough to replicate that feat of strength on any other occasion, but adrenaline allowed that to happen. Back to the above scenario, the person with the adrenaline deficiency is going to lose the fight because fighter A is capable of going above and beyond their normal operating limits in order to do what needs to be done in order to overcome the situation. Sunlight is Superman's adrenaline. Zod has an adrenaline deficiency in comparison to Superman.

Or we can go back to my car scenario from the previous page. Both Superman and Zod are cars of the same size and build quality, but the Superman car has a 7 gallon gas tank and the Zod car has a three gallon tank. Both cars are capable of operating similarly at normal car speeds, but if both started driving at 130 miles per hour, the Zod car is going to run out of fuel a hell of a lot sooner than the Superman car.

So even if Zod could shove a planet sized mountain, he lacks sufficient solar reserves to completely follow through with the act and would burn himself out midway; Superman would not because he has deeper reserves to pull from. Kryptonians are batteries; Superman has been charging for 30+ years, Zod has charged for a year at most. He's not going to do anything Superman has done because he doesn't have enough energy to follow through with anything; same for any other Kryptonian.

Outside of Kristen Wells and Supergirl, no Kryptonian will be able to remotely match anything Superman does once he starts pushing himself past standard operating limits and starts burning through his solar reserves.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By muhabba

In Pre-Crisis DC baby Superman got his poweres immediately as a child so we had Superbaby. In Post-Crisis DC Superman got his powers slowly after years of living under a yellow sun. So by Pre-Crisis rules all Kryptonions would have an equal amount of power as a base line. In the original Post-Crisis any Kryptonian that shows up on Earth would have to wait years to start developing powers. Those rules however have become muddled due to artistic licence.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By a88378438

@muhabba: agree+1000000%

In the Pre-crisis,any Kryptonian equal to superman in strength,maybe Post-crisis should be need some times...but i still belive superman not too much stronger than them,maybe just a bit stronger

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By consolemaster001

@KnightRise said:

@a88378438 said:

ME NEITHER !

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Yes, the only thing keeping the Kryptonians from being as strong as Superman is their planet's own Red Sun

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By z3ro180

No superman's feats are his own

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

nopes because everyone's exp is of his own.

you can't apply batman's feat to nightwing just cos they're both humans.

freiflug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Granted I am no comic writer or comic authority, but in my opinion ever since he has been exposed to sunlight as a baby Superman's body has matured with "perfect nutrition." Throw him in a red sun environment and he is literally a Super man with a human body at peak perfect condition. That's where I see the difference in strength between Superman and other Kryptonians who never went throw puberty under a yellow sun.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nopes because everyone's exp is of his own.

you can't apply batman's feat to nightwing just cos they're both humans.

That's not a proper correlation though since Batman and Nightwing have to train to get to where they are while Kryptonians just need to stand under a certain color light and have instant super powers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Not every kryptonian possess the same will as superman.Also there is the possibility that supes can prossess sunlight better or worse than others (kryptonian metabolism :-P)

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By SupremeHyperion

He's superman so obviously he is the strongest.... right...

But it makes sense that all Kryptonians would have the same abilities/ power possibilities.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

If you truly want to nit-pick with the theoretics behind Superman's powers then no, the only Kryptonian who should have similar strength and power to Clark is Kara as she was absorbing Sun ray's in her ship during the trip to Earth. A Kryptonian's powers will continually increase throughout their lifetime as they absorb more Yellow sunlight and as such, Superman should be more powerful than any other Kryptonian due to having spent his entire life on Earth.

Now another theory could be that an adult Kryptonian with a matured body can absorb Yellow sunlight far quicker and contain/obtain power similar to Clark's nigh-instantly. In Superman's case, his body needed years to mature so it could properly contain all that power.

That's just my thoughts! Take it as you will :)

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jobbernos

No. Cause superman is the chosen one.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't like this concept of stored solar energy within superman, imo i think it should be a simple on/off concept. powers on in yellow sunlight, powers off in red sunlight. i think that concept should apply to all kryptonians. it builds more consistency when referring to the kryptonians as a whole.

check out their page

Kryptonians

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't like this concept of stored solar energy within superman, imo i think it should be a simple on/off concept. powers on in yellow sunlight, powers off in red sunlight. i think that concept should apply to all kryptonians. it builds more consistency when referring to the kryptonians as a whole.

check out their page

Kryptonians

It also helps the "powered up instantly" argument in the other thread here. If he stored it, he should take time to build energy (Infinite Crisis actually backs the "charging=not-instantly-powered-up" theory up, where he's powerless for 1 year).

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@lightsout: i personally like the "instant power", because it provides the grounds for more consistency when writing the kryptonians. through superman, kara, zod, ect they have defined kryptonian abilities, we all know what they are capable of. i'm not opposed to the idea that they all process/metabolize sunlight at different rates.

i liked how they portrayed this on smallville

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: I never watched Smallville - was it that they had it be instant-powers-once-exposed? (Did they mention the metabolism rate idea also?)