Suicide Squad Mid-Credits Scene Explained [Spoilers]

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Suicide Squad opens in theaters this week. The movie sets up the idea of a high government official, Amanda Waller, creating a team of supervillains to protect the world from massive threats. The missions would be off the books, and if things went bad, they would have plausible deniability. You can read our review of the film here along with thoughts from the cast at a recent press junket we attended here.

While the final scene of the movie leaves things open for an inevitable sequel, there was a mid-credits scene that is a little more straightforward as to what comes next. There will be spoilers below. This is your final chance to look away.

No Caption Provided

It's been known for some time that Batman makes an appearance in the movie. Early speculation pointed at Joker being recruited into Task Force X in order to help apprehend the vigilante in Gotham based on his past experiences fighting him. That clearly wasn't the case.

What was more of a surprise was the appearance of Bruce Wayne. In the scene, he meets with Amanda Waller, who hands over dossier files on metahumans like the Flash and Aquaman. It seems she's doing this in order to gain his trust and protection after the debacle of the Suicide Squad's battle. It's pretty clear she is aware of his other occupation. When Bruce leaves, she mentions, "You look tired. You should stop working nights." Bruce's reply is for her to shut down her program, otherwise he and his friends will do it for her. Waller and the Dark Knight have clashed many times over their ideals in the comics.

No Caption Provided

As far as setting up future films, such as Justice League, this exchange is almost pointless. Bruce already has information on the other metahumans thanks to Lex Luthor's files he obtained in Batman v Superman. It could be Waller's files contain more precise information such as a location they can be found, though there didn't appear to be a file on Cyborg. In the footage for Justice Leagueshown at Comic-Con, we see Bruce seek out Aquaman and Barry Allen. This is apparently a result of having Waller's files.

Looking beyond Justice League, the final exchange could set up a possible confrontation between the two teams. After the Justice League forms and fights Steppenwolf and the Suicide Squad deals with whatever their next mission might be, we could see a clash between the two teams. With the success of Marvel's Civil War, moviegoers definitely love to see heroes fighting each other. What better way to tie these two franchises together?

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to see this all unfold.

chrisburgess99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two teams did fight and had a small crossover in Suicide Squad 13 and 14, if my recollection is correct.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

credits scene? dammit DC, you're better than resorting to that played-out gimmick!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rob1157 said:

Can't wait to see this all unfold.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce just doesn't give a damn about his identity

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viola Davis nailed it! Nowhere near as bad as critics said. Quite enjoyable

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

credits scene? dammit DC, you're better than resorting to that played-out gimmick!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More humor? Mid-credit scenes? DC maybe onto something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a3162faeafe3
deactivated-5a3162faeafe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotham331: right? I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It wasn't perfect, and had some big flaws, but at the end of the day is was very enjoyable. I have no idea why it was thrashed so hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see nothing wrong with DC using credit scenes...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@dreadpool10: Me either. And believe it or not, but Marvel didn't invent them.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHeat

SS would get wrecked. Croc is the only metahuman on the team.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@the_stegman: @dreadpool10: Exactly! Zack Snyder said he didn't want to have any because it was what Marvel is known for. I keep mentioning AfterCredits.com and the app (I think also by them) that lists ALL the (recent) movies that have them. I had tears over the in credits stuff from Ghostbusters with Chris Hemsworth.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Amanda had the files of every metahuman, why the hell didn´t she recruit the good guys like Flash, Aquaman and Diana instead of recruiting the unreliable psycopath criminals ?? It doesn´t make sense.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Amanda had the files of every metahuman, why the hell didn´t she recruit the good guys like Flash, Aquaman and Diana instead of recruiting the unreliable psycopath criminals ?? It doesn´t make sense.

Well as explained in the film in a sense, the group was formed to do work that was too dirty for the government so if the op goes to hell they can just pin the blame on them.

If you were to have a group of people who weren't criminals and were actually good it would be hard to frame them with an error

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212: And I noticed something that Waller mentioned early on in the film, that she killed many canaries in her time. I thought that was a reference to Black Canary because in the New 52, wasn't BC apart of the first Task Force X? (or maybe its wishful thinking haha) I think Waller has more Meta Humans in her pocket. And I found it pretty cool that Batman wanted Enchantress on the team which leads me to believe that Justice League Dark may be coming.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xsbrx

@thor_parker82 said:

The Justice League wouldn't do her dirty work.

That, plus she wouldn't have any leverage over them

doc4943

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By doc4943

Strictly speaking Justice League vs Suicide Squad wouldn't be hero versus hero

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, I love Suicide Squad but they can't handle even Superman alone unless, of course KRYPTONITE !

Not to mention Wonder Woman alone could kick their ass.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenspectre: More than likely yeah she has many people in call log. Remember the scene with Slipknot? He appeared out of nowhere

AfterCredits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haha_cha_cha: I don't wanna feed into speculations, but it does seem like some sort of bias

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're really not.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheat said:

Um, not really. Diablo!

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheat said:

Um, not really. Diablo!

Diablo died.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212: True. I never picked up on that, but that makes sense.

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GeeWhiz

I saw the movie and enjoyed it. It wasn't great but it was an enjoyable popcorn summer movie.

I'm not that familiar with Amanda Waller but in the movie she killed a bunch of her own men after she was rescued. I thought that went over the line and it's hard for me to ever be sympathetic with someone who can do that. Is the comic book version of the character the same way?

Also does Diablo's power come from some kind of demon? I was surprised he could go toe to toe with Enchantress's brother like that. So, his power level must be extremely high.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it werent for will smith being awesome and el diablo being a surprisingly good character this movie would probably be one of the worst comic book movies ever. Thank god for will smith.

Zur_En_Arrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Suicide Squad is going to have to beef up in order to take on the Justice League. Let's say Harley gets replaced with Poison Ivy, or Bane, and Diablo gets resurrected, and maybe they could have a good fight. Diablo vs Aquaman?

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not bad

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Sounds good that there will be a sequel.