• 153 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you watched the MTV Awards, you've probably seen the new trailer for Suicide Squad. If you don't normally watch the awards show, MTV has made the trailer available to view. We could set it up and explain what you need to know, but is that really necessary? Just watch the trailer below.

You get a good sense of the vibe of the movie. There have been reports of reshoots, but it wasn't to lighten up the movie, as rumors suggested, after some critics complained about the tone of Batman v Superman. According to Jai Courtney, it was to add more action.

Let us know what you think of this trailer. How does it compare the previous one?

Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5, 2016.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Oh so satisfying

joeshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joeshock

So, am I crazy or can I sort of hear Harley's accent here? Subtle but I here something.

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome. Plus Harley's voice isn't as obnoxious and she seems great.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what all the critics meant when they said they wanted a "fun" film from DC. There is no conspiracy.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what all the critics meant when they said they wanted a "fun" film from DC. There is no conspiracy.

So every superhero movie should have the same tone and shouldn't take there stories seriously?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Doc-Holiday

Ok...what is the point of Harley? Other than her potential interaction with the team/Joker, I see no special skills and definitely no powers.

Melee: Katanna has that covered, Killer Croc too, plus at least two other members

Long range: Deadshot obviously and Captain Boomerang

Powers: Croc, Diablo, Enchantress

So, seriously...what does she do? She isn't funny, she isn't especially sexy (and there would be 0 point to having a team mate be sexy anyhow), the trailers didn't show her doing anything the rest of the team couldn't do and do better.

Also; unrelated but I love the way Diablo's powers look

Vizator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vizator

@doc-holiday: They've never come out and said, it but I kinda think she has enhanced strength like such as Captain America that gives her an edge. Maybe from being dunked in the chemical bath by Joker. In her solo series she kicks way too much ass just to be a lunatic with no powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: None of the trailers that we've seen suggest that Enchantress and Katana are actually part of this team. Katana is never seen in a cell so she probably gets involved in some other way, and Enchantress is barely shown at all which leads me to believe she is the villain. However I admit that still doesn't answer your question as Harley isn't exactly known for her close combat skills.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok...what is the point of Harley? Other than her potential interaction with the team/Joker, I see no special skills and definitely no powers.

Melee: Katanna has that covered, Killer Croc too, plus at least two other members

So, seriously...what does she do? She isn't funny, she isn't especially sexy (and there would be 0 point to having a team mate be sexy anyhow), the trailers didn't show her doing anything the rest of the team couldn't do and do better.

so it's not a sausage fest?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Outside_85

@doc-holiday: Only thing I can think of is that she is Waller's personal monkey wrench, you include her just because no one can predict what she will do.

That said, I was just thinking that SS used to be a project that could stand on it's own, right now it seems like its a Batman-spinoff team.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vizator:If they say that, I might be willing to accept it (though it raises the question why Joker doesn't have that power) but until otherwise mentioned she feels really unnecessary and it seems as though she was put in just to sell tickets rather than have any value. Which sucks. At least in the animated Suicide Squad they gave her a use, she has almost perfect knowledge of the entire Arkham Asylum

@mangakid1995:None of the trailers suggested they aren't either. I just feel that her abilities, if any, seem redundant with a group as big as 9 people

@lordraiden:My answer to you is : Katanna and Enchantress

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

i am so excited for this its gonna be awesome!!!!! I have fallen in love with margott's harley

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

On a unrelated topic, do you think that Ballroom Blitz will also be on Starlord's 2nd mixtape on GOTG 2?

This trailer got me pumped and Margot is doing a good job as Harley.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Only thing I can think of is that she is Waller's personal monkey wrench, you include her just because no one can predict what she will do.

That said, I was just thinking that SS used to be a project that could stand on it's own, right now it seems like its a Batman-spinoff team.

True. I also feel like with 9 characters, they're going to focus too much on just Deadshot and Harley and the rest are going to basically be background dressing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Slipknot gets killed, he seems (next to Harley) the least useful on the team.

"Oh we totally need a guy for mountain climbing/repelling, it's not as though the trained soldier, the hitman, the assassin or anyone else has done that before"

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3: No but when your movie is a summer block buster about space Jesus in a red cape fighting a rich man in a bat costume you owe it to yourself and your audience to accept the fact that your premise is kind of ridiculous and approach the concept with a touch of levity. Which is not to say that these characters don't lend themselves well to mature dramatic story telling but you need to understand your audience and the nature of the characters your working with especially in the case of an adaptation. The general public associates Superman and Batman with children's cartoons and PG rated live action films so when you produce something so dramatically different from that its bound to turn off some people. And when you do produce something like that you better make damn sure that it is a bullet proof movie and BvS just isn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nightfang3:

No, but they should reflect the characters and source material. A movie featuring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman shouldn't look and sound like a Meshuggah music video.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, does anyone think Deathstroke will be a surprise at any point in this movie? or at least mentioned?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: Wait...the general public associates Batman with levity?

So the previous 3 Batman movies (the current not included), the original with Michael Keaton, the numerous dark animated films, or the very well known fact his parents were gunned down in front of him...is in someway associated with light-hearted humor?

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RegulatorJoe

@child_of_the_past said:

So every superhero movie should have the same tone and shouldn't take there stories seriously?

You can take stories seriously and still be fun. Look at Daredevil dark gritty and fun. Stories that get you excited while you watch them. Like comics that make you want to keep turning the page

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3 said:
@child_of_the_past said:

You can take stories seriously and still be fun. Look at Daredevil dark gritty and fun. Stories that get you excited while you watch them. Like comics that make you want to keep turning the page

Maybe but I feel the marvel movies have gone the other end of the spectrum (Deadpool obviously not included) as they've become more and more family friendly with any real dark stuff largely taken out. Not much of any blood, most enemies killed aren't even human or if they are you never see them die.

I'd like to see more R rated super hero movies

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Croc looks fantastic!

Just hope the movies good.

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It looks like Deadshot is taking over the leadership position, which makes me believe that Flagg is going to get killed.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3: @laabitres: Did I imply that this film was imitating Marvel's tone? Did I even mention Marvel at all? I'm complimenting the creators of this film for realizing that their characters are allowed to have range. Their characters can have wit and charm while at the same time have a plot that is serious and has stakes. Why is that so hard to understand? Many have criticized reviewers for making comments reflecting my point and have been met with the same accusations. MoS was dark and devoid of fun in many aspects DC continued that trend with BvS. All of the Nolan film have had similar dark tones, which critics enjoyed. Similarly to how many MCU critics complain about a lack of diverse tones in their films, some have grown tired of the dark and gritty feel DC seems stuck on for their last five films. Fun does not equal childish, overly humorous or devoid of tension, it just means exciting, witty, jovial, exhilarating, compelling or whatever other positive adjective to describe the feeling one has when watching something enjoyable on a fundamental level. Some perfect examples of films that are fun but serious in terms of plot and stakes: Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Mad Max: Fury Road, Kingsman, Cap 2, Speed, John Wick, Die Hard, Die Hard 3, Pokemon the Movie lol, and Inception. A fun film can take many different forms. Don't put words in my mouth.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RegulatorJoe

@doc-holiday: I agree I also wish Marvel Disney would venture into the R rating but they won't because they put a ton of money into their movies and want to get as much as possible. I do hope if they decide to make a Moon Knight movie of even another Punisher one they take a page from Fox (never thought I'd say that) and go for broke with an R rating

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laabitres: @nightfang3: Before I'm wrongly accused of being a Marvel fanboy yet again, I like to stake on the record, that I thoroughly dislike Iron Man 3 and Thor 2, and was disappointed by AoU, despite loving the Vision and Hulkbuster fight. I refuse to watch all three of these films because of their various flaws namely too many "unnecessary" jokes.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harley! Harley! Harley!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past said:

Careful what you say. You might get crucified :D I totally get what you're saying. A little levity goes a long way.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JTMac005

@doc-holiday: well Waller might include her because of her relationship to joker. This team is expendable so Waller would have no problem putting Harley at risk just to potentially exploit joker

OT: this movie is looking SO GOOD! Leto had big shoes to fill and he seems to be pulling it off great

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85 said:

True. I also feel like with 9 characters, they're going to focus too much on just Deadshot and Harley and the rest are going to basically be background dressing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Slipknot gets killed, he seems (next to Harley) the least useful on the team.

"Oh we totally need a guy for mountain climbing/repelling, it's not as though the trained soldier, the hitman, the assassin or anyone else has done that before"

Same, along with one or two of ther others (thinking Diablo and Boomerang are likely candidates), since they have to at some point during the movie show why it's called 'the Suicide Squad'. And possibly there will be someone Waller has to make an example of.

Btw, does anyone know who the actual bad guy is in this? Is it the Joker or is he just all flashbacks to explain how Harley came about? (Just seems excessive to throw the Squad after him.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RockyRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is joker part of the suicide squad or is he the villain?

If he is the villain I'd like some Batman flashbacks or some kind of background for what he's been doing up until that point.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So excited for this!

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It genuinely looks great.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

This looks like a film I will thoroughly enjoy and I say that as someone excited for the actual Squad part not just Joker, Harley or Batman. I can see Ayer bringing his style from Fury and reapplying it to a comic book world, I anticipate seeing what he can do with such fantastical elements.

@doc-holiday: None of the trailers that we've seen suggest that Enchantress and Katana are actually part of this team. Katana is never seen in a cell so she probably gets involved in some other way, and Enchantress is barely shown at all which leads me to believe she is the villain. However I admit that still doesn't answer your question as Harley isn't exactly known for her close combat skills.

From what I read in Empire Katana is on the team as a volunteer and will act as a bodyguard to Flag and basically to help keep the villains in line. My prediction is that the Soultaker will prove necessary in defeating Enchantress.

So, does anyone think Deathstroke will be a surprise at any point in this movie? or at least mentioned?

Doubtful, the only purpose would be fan service. The film looks pretty loaded already.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday said:

Gender diversity + eye candy (for some people) + she is the member of Suicide Squad in comics. I think that covers it…

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By dernman  Online
@child_of_the_past said:

Which is a shame because this is one film they shouldn't be shooting for it. At least not the type I see in the clip excluding Harley.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dernman  Online

I wish Harley's accent was more.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Very exciting trailer! I love everything about it especially the closeups on Croc. This feels like it's going to be the best and most fun DC movie since TDK... which isn't really difficult though.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This very much seems like it's gonna be like Marvel's Guardians of The Galaxy. Probably my second most anticipated superhero movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, looks pretty good. I've got a feeling that this is going got be DC's GOTG. I know DCEU fanboys will jump at me for that but here me out. It's no secret that GOTG made buckets of cash and was received very well. With BVS struggling to make 800 million at this point, I'd say DC's hopes are riding on this working out and I think it will. Let's hope this does well.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damn, so much Batman!!! BvS was awesome.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Vizator said:

@doc-holiday: They've never come out and said, it but I kinda think she has enhanced strength like such as Captain America that gives her an edge. Maybe from being dunked in the chemical bath by Joker. In her solo series she kicks way too much ass just to be a lunatic with no powers.

Being a lunatic with no powers is kinda the Gotham way. Ask Batman, Batwoman , robin , penguin, two face, riddler, black mask, Joker, professor pyg etc.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Marvel fanboys are being salty on the truth that their movies are way too non serious.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say I'm really caring for it. But I will probably still go see it. Also, Will Smith isn't doing it for me. It's not a black thing, it's a Will Smith thing.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

looks great! i just hope they don't get us attached to the characters just to kill them off

*glares at Assault on Arkham*

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By bloggerboy
@akshsarpanch said:

Wow, Marvel fanboys are being salty on the truth that their movies are way too non serious.

Funny given how salty DC fanboys have been about the reception of BvS. Going as far as accusing Disney of paying for negative reviews.

Good thing DC Comics has hired Jonathan Hickman to write for them. My money is on him writing the Justice League. I hope if and when the time comes that Zack Snyder will take notes on how to tell a serious superhero story properly.