What Is The Most Amazing Storm Ability You Seen?

• 113 results
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By _Atomikill_
No Caption Provided

Having impressed Magneto by contesting him with lightning.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jhazzroucher

No Caption Provided

I hope they fight again and I want Storm to win this time.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe: It makes me wonder how far her atmospheric awareness goes. We know it can be planetary for sure, but while in space she pulled all of that energy from millions of stars suns in the galactic core, and I would think that despite the close proximity they were to each other wouldn't that still be like....many thousands of miles away form each other and her position?

precisely , the earth is approximately 12742 km with many intermingling air currents and we all know air is almost always moving around yet she was able to filter out the black bird's motion ...if she can filter out unnatural shifts from something that small while she herself is smaller on a sphere that is

12742 km added to the fact that she senses things on the ENTIRE planet almost constantly makes me believe shes constantly "shushin"/blocking them( like DC's fierce african bombshell Vixen when she lost her totem she had to will the red/morphogenic field to be quiet for it not to overwhelm her) out leading me to believe that her environmental awareness is actually pretty potent ....if only she would use it to track people....

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By abaldo

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

yeah, storm could win!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

yeah, storm could win!

I want a Storm vs Magneto fight, a 3 issue story.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

No Caption Provided

it is indeed impressive , for her to wrest control of an element from someone she has to have the stronger will power her trying to overpower mags control of the lightning is a testament to her will power seeing as she didn't pass out or even die from it , she fought it kept it from outright killing her from the start but it probably would have burned her to a crisp if kurt and pete didn't save her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

it is indeed impressive , for her to wrest control of an element from someone she has to have the stronger will power her trying to overpower mags control of the lightning is a testament to her will power seeing as she didn't pass out or even die from it , she fought it kept it from outright killing her from the start but it probably would have burned her to a crisp if kurt and pete didn't save her.

It wasn't impressive for me because Storm should have more control of the lightning.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

It wasn't impressive for me because Storm should have more control of the lightning.

in order for her to do that she has to be the one who GENERATED IT and against someone who CAN generate their own lightning she has to have the STRONGER willpower , that is how her powers operate.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

in order for her to do that she has to be the one who GENERATED IT and against someone who CAN generate their own lightning she has to have the STRONGER willpower , that is how her powers operate.

Storm has indomitable will. Storm should have been able to take control over that lightning. Besides, taking control over the lightning doesn't mean Magneto will lose.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

Storm has indomitable will. Storm should have been able to take control over that lightning. Besides, taking control over the lightning doesn't mean Magneto will lose.

1) yes , so does magneto his happens to be stronger , 2) which part of WHO HAS THE STRONGER WILL are you not getting? they were basically playing "tug 'O' war" with the lightning bolt, 3) you lost me there....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

1) yes , so does magneto his happens to be stronger , 2) which part of WHO HAS THE STRONGER WILL are you not getting? they were basically playing "tug 'O' war" with the lightning bolt, 3) you lost me there....

Storm has been written down because it's Magneto vs X-men. That's why.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@_atomikill_ said:
No Caption Provided

Storm has been written down because it's Magneto vs X-men. That's why.

#facepalmofepicproportions

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Roddy010

Storm's will power was a development process, mainly due to her connection to nature.(which takes great will power to comprehend) Storm was still fairly young and so was her will at that time but still impressive nonetheless.

As for the thread, There are so many applications to Storm's abilities but what I find most impressive is her ability to adapt in different environments. Unlike Aaron's PIBS in Amazing Storm can manipulate any atmosphere s long as there is one. One example being Uncanny X-men (1st Series) #369 (Collision Course)- After entering the Trion Dimension, Storm was able to best them as well as heal their entire dimension solely on instinct. The Trion is the sum total of their dimension and they derive their power from a magic source.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Such an underrated showing of her abilities.

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe: It makes me wonder how far her atmospheric awareness goes. We know it can be planetary for sure, but while in space she pulled all of that energy from millions of stars suns in the galactic core, and I would think that despite the close proximity they were to each other wouldn't that still be like....many thousands of miles away form each other and her position?

precisely , the earth is approximately 12742 km with many intermingling air currents and we all know air is almost always moving around yet she was able to filter out the black bird's motion ...if she can filter out unnatural shifts from something that small while she herself is smaller on a sphere that is

12742 km added to the fact that she senses things on the ENTIRE planet almost constantly makes me believe shes constantly "shushin"/blocking them( like DC's fierce african bombshell Vixen when she lost her totem she had to will the red/morphogenic field to be quiet for it not to overwhelm her) out leading me to believe that her environmental awareness is actually pretty potent ....if only she would use it to track people....

I think she does have to filter out the natural processes she is connected to. I have only seen it explained in an X-Men Evo comic vs in regular Marvel canon.

One other development I would like to see for Ororo with regard ot her extra-sensory abilities is taking a page from Polaris's book. Lorna can recognize people by their EM auras, so it would be cool if Storm, who can sense the life force of the living world around her, could perceive the unique life force for each person/living things around her.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

I think she does have to filter out the natural processes she is connected to. I have only seen it explained in an X-Men Evo comic vs in regular Marvel canon.

One other development I would like to see for Ororo with regard ot her extra-sensory abilities is taking a page from Polaris's book. Lorna can recognize people by their EM auras, so it would be cool if Storm, who can sense the life force of the living world around her, could perceive the unique life force for each person/living things around her.

i find the ability to sense unique life forces more interesting than recognizing em auras ... didn't she even sense the pheonix in jean grey at one point? Besides imagine the skill/willpower/concentration it takes to block out wind currents , water currents , unnatural things in soil AND changes in the earth's electromagnetic field then the sheer willpower it takes when she activates her (almost never completely off powers) not to be overwhelmed by the immense awesomeness of the elements when she goes rasputia HAM on people, by that reasoning everytime she uses her powers it should be a testament to her sheer strength of mind ... and i've also been wondering if magneto decides to do anything with the earth's EM field whats stopping her from sensing it? he's messed with it enough for her to know his touch ................................ANYONE ELSE HATED THAT "I CANT MAKE IT RAIN IN THE DOME" CRAP!?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

i find the ability to sense unique life forces more interesting than recognizing em auras ... didn't she even sense the pheonix in jean grey at one point? Besides imagine the skill/willpower/concentration it takes to block out wind currents , water currents , unnatural things in soil AND changes in the earth's electromagnetic field then the sheer willpower it takes when she activates her (almost never completely off powers) not to be overwhelmed by the immense awesomeness of the elements when she goes rasputia HAM on people, by that reasoning everytime she uses her powers it should be a testament to her sheer strength of mind ... and i've also been wondering if magneto decides to do anything with the earth's EM field whats stopping her from sensing it? he's messed with it enough for her to know his touch .

Yes she was able to sense the change in Jean's life force when she became the Phoenix. And she could sense when she was fighting the old Marvel Girl version of Jean that it had no life force at all, and deduced that she wasn't real. Definitely an aspect of her powers I would not mind seeing get more focus on. She can definitely sense changes made to the planet's EM field, and has done so several times. I don't know if it would fit within her power set for her to be able to sense who specifically did it though.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

i find the ability to sense unique life forces more interesting than recognizing em auras ... didn't she even sense the pheonix in jean grey at one point? Besides imagine the skill/willpower/concentration it takes to block out wind currents , water currents , unnatural things in soil AND changes in the earth's electromagnetic field then the sheer willpower it takes when she activates her (almost never completely off powers) not to be overwhelmed by the immense awesomeness of the elements when she goes rasputia HAM on people, by that reasoning everytime she uses her powers it should be a testament to her sheer strength of mind ... and i've also been wondering if magneto decides to do anything with the earth's EM field whats stopping her from sensing it? he's messed with it enough for her to know his touch .

Yes she was able to sense the change in Jean's life force when she became the Phoenix. And she could sense when she was fighting the old Marvel Girl version of Jean that it had no life force at all, and deduced that she wasn't real. Definitely an aspect of her powers I would not mind seeing get more focus on. She can definitely sense changes made to the planet's EM field, and has done so several times. I don't know if it would fit within her power set for her to be able to sense who specifically did it though.

this is why you're among the most logical people on the planet.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

i find the ability to sense unique life forces more interesting than recognizing em auras ... didn't she even sense the pheonix in jean grey at one point? Besides imagine the skill/willpower/concentration it takes to block out wind currents , water currents , unnatural things in soil AND changes in the earth's electromagnetic field then the sheer willpower it takes when she activates her (almost never completely off powers) not to be overwhelmed by the immense awesomeness of the elements when she goes rasputia HAM on people, by that reasoning everytime she uses her powers it should be a testament to her sheer strength of mind ... and i've also been wondering if magneto decides to do anything with the earth's EM field whats stopping her from sensing it? he's messed with it enough for her to know his touch ................................ANYONE ELSE HATED THAT "I CANT MAKE IT RAIN IN THE DOME" CRAP!?

That was really a crap.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jhazzroucher

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

this is why you're among the most logical people on the planet.

Why is my name not included? Hahaha. Joke! :)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop Qouting Me!

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Stop Qouting Me!

and I thought I was direct...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Roddy010
abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

Stop Qouting Me!

No Caption Provided

what ever

OMG! Please don't tell me that the two of you are fighting. Lol.

But I think roddy010 was referring to me. Sorry roddy. :(

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was refferring to whomever qouted me. My notifications were getting out of hand and this isn't the first time its happened.

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

Stop Qouting Me!

No Caption Provided

what ever

Its all good just know that there will be consequences next time....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also me and @Albado are good, I have no issues with him. Just playful banter between fans.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

I was refferring to whomever qouted me. My notifications were getting out of hand and this isn't the first time its happened.

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

QuoteStop Qouting Me!

No Caption Provided

what ever

You sound nicer at cbr. Hehehe. Joke! :)

Alright, I won't quote much.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Roddy010

@roddy010 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

@abaldo said:

@roddy010 said:

QuoteStop Qouting Me!

and I thought I was ever

You sound nicer at cbr. Hehehe. Joke! :)

Alright, I won't quote much.

No Caption Provided

Take my words and roll with them.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Also me and @Albado are good, I have no issues with him. Just playful banter between fans.

ayyyyeeee gurl you see it <3

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: Congratulations on meeting your first friend with your 3 friend's followers a** DUMB B*TCH

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winning the most popular character contest on CV considering she probably does not make the top ten on any other list I have seen

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: Congratulations on meeting your first friend with your 3 friend's followers a** DUMB B*TCH

Gurl seriously your making yourself looked stupid :( I am sooooo jealous of you getting all the followers and all the attention!! Damn I wish I used acacia brinley's photos so people would notice me and like me for being fake!!

Gurl I have three G's for you:

Get a grip

Get a life and

Get over it.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winning the most popular character contest on CV considering she probably does not make the top ten on any other list I have seen

Check CBR and then edit your post.....

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: Funny because I apologize to you on you still going ctfu..Bye girl

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistresssobeautiful: No I respond to your b8tch a$$ tone comment then your apology, so byeeeeeeeeee love youuuu boooo!!!! gonna miss talkin to ya mwahhhh <3

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:
@brazen_intellect said:

Check CBR and then edit your post.....

True! :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: yes that scene in Second Coming was completely and utter CRAP. Storm has been inside another energy dome (during the Aladdin Effect story) and had no problem summoning a storm. She was also in another energy dome (telekinetic energy I believe) and she explained that the energy field interfered with her powers but she was still able to generate storm bursts. Fraction/Gillen were some of the WORST writers to get their hands on Storm.

@malachi_munroe: Why thank you kind sir :-).

Well your presumptions aren't correct. If you go on CBR (probably more frequented than CV) she just took the top X-Man and top female superhero spot for 2014, and was #2 on the list over all of CBR's top 100 superheroes (This list included Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, etc.). Spiderman took the #1 spot. And Marvel.com recently did another top 25 X-Men and Storm came in the top 5 (I think she was #3).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: yes that scene in Second Coming was completely and utter CRAP. Storm has been inside another energy dome (during the Aladdin Effect story) and had no problem summoning a storm. She was also in another energy dome (telekinetic energy I believe) and she explained that the energy field interfered with her powers but she was still able to generate storm bursts. Fraction/Gillen were some of the WORST writers to get their hands on Storm.

@malachi_munroe: Why thank you kind sir :-).

@brazen_intellect said:

Well your presumptions aren't correct. If you go on CBR (probably more frequented than CV) she just took the top X-Man and top female superhero spot for 2014, and was #2 on the list over all of CBR's top 100 superheroes (This list included Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, etc.). Spiderman took the #1 spot. And Marvel.com recently did another top 25 X-Men and Storm came in the top 5 (I think she was #3).

And with her own ongoing coming this July 2014, she will place higher in the future. Hehehe :)

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Peerless1

Oh the Jovian pressure field, on EARTH to contain a nuke!!! Now that is actually a massive power display.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your point being? what are you trying to prove, that your a little b*tch huh?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: please don't let the trolls get to you. Believe me. They WANT to see you get banned by upsetting you enough to cross the line.

If this person keeps flame-baiting we can capture and flag their posts and the mods will handle them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the Jovian pressure field, on EARTH to contain a nuke!!! Now that is actually a massive power display.

how strong is that exactly? Will it destroy the whole asian continent?

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you are serious... LMAO (^O^)' you're such a hardcore fan lmao ^^

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@peerless1 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you are serious... LMAO (^O^)' you're such a hardcore fan lmao ^^

I am a hardcore fan. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i never really understood how telekinetic energy interferes with her powers ... when she has shown that she can counter/negate telekinetic energy as seen when psyloke got mad at bishop and hers raged out of control and not even RACHEL GREY could match it and storm was all "stand down!" *lightning everywhere* and betsy's tk stopped ... the second lightning got in the picture

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaelsurtour said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@peerless1 said:

a little too hardcore , anyway my favourite is when she blindly guided a bomb through the sewers and into the sky.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@kaelsurtour said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@peerless1 said:

a little too hardcore , anyway my favourite is when she blindly guided a bomb through the sewers and into the sky.

I remember that. That was cool.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe: I never understood that too well either. I think that TK effects her connection to that part of the atmosphere that the TK energy is effecting. With the Osylocje showing I think Betsy just stopped when Storm told her to vs Storm's lightning countering her TK.

I think when she fought Candra could see how Storm's powers deflected her TK beams on panel, but the one with Osylovke always seemed kind of iffy to be.