Elemental Storm

Or some Magic Spell

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't think we will see magic because I think Greg is just going to focus on her mutant potential. But If you go over to Storms thermodynamics, mechanics and feats thread malachi had a nice theory on her potential.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Calisto
Yukio relationship
power display
Forge and a follow up to Lifedeath
Her being a more effective headmistress than Emma's run.
Jean Or Psylocke or Emma involved
Shadow King
NO Bp
Defining who she is in Marvel again and her significance.
Rogue Storm
Arch-villians for Storm
A voice
Strong edgyness back
Did she remeber Mday?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to Storm the global independent figure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

A good story.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Rogue Storm again. Asguardian Storm too. a vs battle between storm and magneto, storm vs vulcan, storm convincing morlocks to join the jean grey school, Storm in space and Storm developing magic powers but not much.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no to storm/yukio relationship. hehehe

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope it last for awhile just to prove Wolverine's not the only X-Men who can get his own book

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By poisonfleur

@jhazzroucher: Sometimes I even question if you know you Storm facts... You do realize there are like barely if not any Morlocks right? And I have you ever read anything with Storm and Yukio... ever. Let alone a stand alone story with Storm and Forge? If not, are you really that qualified to give an opinion on the topic? One story with either of their relationship with Storm had more depth than her entire marriage with BP. Ex: Fall of Mutants, Lifedeath, Lifedeath 2, Yukio's influence which led to Storm's Mohawk in From the Ashes arc.

These 2 relationships have very much defined some of Ororo's more iconic and memorable moments in not just Storm history, but in all X-history.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Sometimes I even question if you know you Storm facts... You do realize there are like barely if not any Morlocks right? And I have you ever read anything with Storm and Yukio... ever. Let alone a stand alone story with Storm and Forge? If not, are you really that qualified to give an opinion on the topic? One story with either of their relationship with Storm had more depth than her entire marriage with BP. Ex: Fall of Mutants, Lifedeath, Lifedeath 2, Yukio's influence which led to Storm's Mohawk in From the Ashes arc.

These 2 relationships have very much defined some of Ororo's more iconic and memorable moments in not just Storm history, but in all X-history.

this is all true poison... though i disliked Forge and Storm together (for some reason it always felt like he was beneath her... and elements of stockholm syndrome...) the relationships between them, and between Storm and Yukio were pivotal for her as a character, and memorable for us because of their emotional resonance. imho the only dynamics we've seen match this for Storm are her "whatever-it-is" with Wolverine and the mother-sister bond she had with Kitty. Jean, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Professor X and even Cyclops and Rogue have been important. And all of whom SO much moreso than Black Panther ever was or could be.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd like to see a Storm-specific supporting cast that does not consist of:

• morlocks
  • x-men
  • wakanda
  • etc.

She needs a new cause/group to mix it up with.

Oh, and mohawk. Never enough mohawk.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

I'd like to see a Storm-specific supporting cast that does not consist of:

• morlocks
  • x-men
  • wakanda
  • etc.

She needs a new cause/group to mix it up with.

Oh, and mohawk. Never enough mohawk.

Agreed :-). I want new adventures (hero to the oppressed around the world is a good start for her), new unique villains, more depth to her as a character, and creative uses of her powers and expansion of her skills and abilities.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Yukio and Storm's first encounter and their meeting again during the phalanx covenant and in x-treme x-men. I just see them like sisters and bestfriends but not as lovers. I haven't read about lifedeath but knowing that it was Forge who created the nullifier, i felt it was just pity that he fell in love for Storm. Anyhow, I am not interested in Forge as a character so I don't like him and Storm. There will always be morlocks.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By abaldo

@poisonfleur said:

I know Yukio and Storm's first encounter and their meeting again during the phalanx covenant and in x-treme x-men. I just see them like sisters and bestfriends but not as lovers. I haven't read about lifedeath but knowing that it was Forge who created the nullifier, i felt it was just pity that he fell in love for Storm. Anyhow, I am not interested in Forge as a character so I don't like him and Storm. There will always be morlocks.

I think the morlocks are the equivalent to jean and the phoenix force!! they boy need to be drop and stop writing about it!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: I know the morlocks arent interesting but the writer cab make them interesting. the morlocks played a huge part on recognizing Storm' leadership.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Disagree, Its just the same with phoenix! keep trying to make it interesting then it over loads. Thats how i feel about the morlocks.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pizzaman

I'd prefer that she keeps her powerset and the series just dive into her character. She doesn't need more power when she can already cause global apocalypse. I also agree that no one changes the mohawk.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

1. Oshtur and mystic heritage explored if not fully explained.

2. Atmospheric shields (the Earth's atmosphere filters out and protects us against solar radiation, ionized plasma, meteorites and helps to keep us warm). Surely, Storm knows something about how to do some of this--if not, she can learn can't she?

3. Return of the regal, elegant and well as cunning and ferocious, maternal Storm we know and love.

4. Uber bad ass power displays in both sheer magnitude and imagination and creativity.

5.Forge and Black panther if they fight (probably a mystic tie-in here).

6. Leadership.

7. Kymera (a little) and a blue eyed white haired male descendent somewhere in Storm's lineage.

8. Dr. Doom. Shadow King, space travel and feats)!

9. Someone interesting and new for the rogue gallery.

Am I being greedy?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

1. Oshtur and mystic heritage explored if not fully explained.

2. Atmospheric shields (the Earth's atmosphere filters out and protects us against solar radiation, ionized plasma, meteorites and helps to keep us warm). Surely, Storm knows something about how to do some of this--if not, she can learn can't she?

3. Return of the regal, elegant and well as cunning and ferocious, maternal Storm we know and love.

4. Uber bad ass power displays in both sheer magnitude and imagination and creativity.

5.Forge and Black panther if they fight (probably a mystic tie-in here).

6. Leadership.

7. Kymera (a little) and a blue eyed white haired male descendent somewhere in Storm's lineage.

8. Dr. Doom. Shadow King, space travel and feats)!

9. Someone interesting and new for the rogue gallery.

Am I being greedy?

Lol not at all. I would LOVE all of this and I am hoping we get it all. Or at the least - #2, #3,#4, #8, #6, and #9. Her first issue is already sounding intriguing. The Vox site interview of Daniel Ketchum indicated that may encounter a tsunami as the first natural disaster hurdle she will be contending with. Here is the link in case you haven't seen it.

Daniel Ketchum Interview - Storm #1

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Storm again. Asguardian Storm too. a vs battle between storm and magneto, storm vs vulcan, storm convincing morlocks to join the jean grey school, Storm in space and Storm developing magic powers but not much.

Qft. I want to see her get rid of the mohawk. It was badass at first, but now I want my goddess back. I want to see her become a omega level mutant and explore her powers more. I want her to gain control of electromagnetism. The actual force. Stronger than magnetos. To the point she can transmute matter. Jean got this type of treatment with the whole molecule thing, I want Storm's to have a similar effect. I want her to become so powerful she will make the naysayers babble in confusion. I want her to snap Black panther's neck for being such a jerk. And I want her to smack Cyclops upside the head, kick Emma out of x-men. AND I WANT JEAN TO COME BAAAAAACK LOL.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low Pressure meeting High Pressure?

Strong Winds

Rain

Lighting

Thunder

In that order please Mr Pak

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd just like her to acknowledge there isn't really a boundary between the atmosphere and IPS allowing her to pull more energy from beyond the planet to at least up her attacks a bit against certain heavy hitters but with enough control that she doesn't upset the natural balance . Either that or use her powers to boost her physical stats i.e reflexes/speed and her durability ...shes been smacked around enough by now. or some kind of elemental shield.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd just like her to acknowledge there isn't really a boundary between the atmosphere and IPS allowing her to pull more energy from beyond the planet to at least up her attacks a bit against certain heavy hitters but with enough control that she doesn't upset the natural balance . Either that or use her powers to boost her physical stats i.e reflexes/speed and her durability ...shes been smacked around enough by now. or some kind of elemental shield.

I would love all of this...especially the bold. For someone who recognizes her own vulnerabilities an electrical polarity and/or windshield or combo of the two should be something she'd consider a long time ago. She has redirected, dissipated, and deflected attacks with her wind and atmospheric electricity control before, so I think it's time she developed her defenses.

And I would love to see her harness interstellar forces on earth. Some of them already influence the earth's weather and atmosphere (i.e. - sunlight, solar wind for the aurora borealis, etc.) so I think it should be plausible for her to manipulate these forces without damaging the planet's biosphere. We have seen her shape a lens made of water droplets in the atmosphere to focus a specific wavelength of sunlight, so I think there more that can be done with the space forces that already penetrate or effect the earth's atmosphere.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Thanks for the Daniel Ketchum interview link btw.

In terms of shielding, Storm should absolutely be able to both use interstellar forces on Earth and "repair" damage to some extent and to have some greater shielding effects. Here's why:

1.The upper atmosphere is constantly bombarded by interstellar forces (cosmic rays, solar winds, etc.) The Earth's atmosphere is what preserves us by deflecting, absorbing and refracting the electromagnetic solar energy--That's what the ionosphere is--an entire layer of ionized, electrical particles that surround the Earth. It is literally part of the atmosphere. There is no reason Storm should not be able to manipulate this--especially if she is high up in the atmosphere. Possible effects, disrupt Havok's plasma blasts, weaken and disrupt Magneto's shields directly, deflect Iron Man's repulsor beams, disrupt communications (radio transmission, etc.)

2. The atmosphere also contains ozone, which is a shield of UV and high energy electromagnetic energy. Storm should in effect be able to do things like--dissipate or refract (bend) lasers that say, Dazzler produces. Other gases absorb other wavelengths of (electromagnetic energy). The possibilities for this application are huge and almost totally unexplored.

3. Contrary to popular belief, space is not empty. It lacks a constant atmosphere and composition, but it is full or energy and energized particles (solar winds), faint gases (hydrogen, helium) even dust. This is why Storm can generate lightening is space. There are all types of particles that are in fact enriched in space--so the effects she could generate could be really exotic and varied if you consider how what she has access to changes with environments.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: And you wonder why I like your posts so much :-). I hope the X-office has someone who does this kind of research to expand on their cahracters. This sounds so cool and I hope we can get some space weather manipulation going on.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Thanks a lot.

I know they need a physicist or at least someone with an understanding of weather and weather related physics. Otherwise . . . sigh.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jhazzroucher

I really hope Storm has siblings, like a step brother or step sister but not white-haired.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Storm has siblings, like a step brother or step sister but not white-haired.

how could storm have siblings? her parents are dead... and died when she was like 6...

if siblings are introduced even the die-hard Storm worshipper that i am might have to throw away the book in disgust. I prefer Ororo as an orphan with only very tenuous ties to family. It makes her heroism even more impressive. She's fighting for the whole world - or for all mutants - not just to protect one or two people (which i always feel is a selfish motivation in many respects).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

how could storm have siblings? her parents are dead... and died when she was like 6...

if siblings are introduced even the die-hard Storm worshipper that i am might have to throw away the book in disgust. I prefer Ororo as an orphan with only very tenuous ties to family. It makes her heroism even more impressive. She's fighting for the whole world - or for all mutants - not just to protect one or two people (which i always feel is a selfish motivation in many respects).

Well her father was a new yorker. Who knows he might have got some women pregnant before he met Storm's mother.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like the idea, of Dr.Doom and Kymera in Storm's book. That was a good idea.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like the idea, of Dr.Doom and Kymera in Storm's book. That was a good idea.

soooo good idea or not a good idea?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom and Kymera sounds like BP would show up too. I'm fine with it but no more romance between Storm and BP.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: I always had an image in my head of storm having her own wee atmosphere around her, a blue halo radiating around her.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that would be good too. There is unfinished business between him and Storm, and if Kymera sticks around (I get the impression that her time and focus in the x-books will be very limited) maybe Storm can take her too her homeland to be with her family. Now that she is here I am getting used to her I like the idea of keeping her around for more story and development opportunities for Storm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

Okay. I will give you that. But Storm and Yuki are not 'like sisters' No- Nope- NOPE NOPE NOPE! Jean and Storm are like sisters. Storm and Yukio, borderline lesbians. I can give SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many examples it's not even funny.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@poisonfleur said:

Okay. I will give you that. But Storm and Yuki are not 'like sisters' No- Nope- NOPE NOPE NOPE! Jean and Storm are like sisters. Storm and Yukio, borderline lesbians. I can give SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many examples it's not even funny.

Maybe Yukio is a borderline lesbian but not Storm.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@poisonfleur said:

you're denying it just to be argumentative.

Poison... show us some scans... prove to the doubters that Storm just might swing both ways.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@poisonfleur said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@poisonfleur said:

you're denying it just to be argumentative.

Poison... show us some scans... prove to the doubters that Storm just might swing both ways.

Go ahead. I can prove that Storm is straight too. Hahaha : )

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By devilsgrin81

@jhazzroucher: no jhazz what you can prove is that she's been with men... not that she's straight.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher: no jhazz what you can prove is that she's been with men... not that she's straight.

Well, there's no article or somebody directly from Marvel that Storm is what you think she is.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By devilsgrin81

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

Well, there's no article or somebody directly from Marvel that Storm is what you think she is.

i make no hard statements of fact one way or the other (but evidence points to her open-mindedness) ... but what you can't also do, is prove Storm is straight. because that has NEVER been explicitly stated on page.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

i make no hard statements of fact one way or the other (but evidence points to her open-mindedness) ... but what you can't also do, is prove Storm is straight. because that has NEVER been explicitly stated on page.

alright.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

PLEASE SHOW THE SCANS NOW!!!! I HAVE TO SEE LOL.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

PLEASE SHOW THE SCANS NOW!!!! I HAVE TO SEE LOL.

When I read it myself, I don't see anything strange until some comic readers are putting meaning to it. But I understand if that's how they see it. I'm just glad Marvel hasn't said anything that she might be.

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOOOL only on Storm forum ^^ I swear (^O^)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By poisonfleur

ALL I AM SAYING IS: I remember when people were bashing me and saying that Psylocke was straight then NOT EVEN A YEAR LATER-- she was naked in a bed with Cluster getting her freak on. Same thing with how Mystique was 'straight'... And then low and behold Destiny came into the picture.

1. As we all know, Storm was kind of bougie & almighty until Yukio came along and influenced her so much that it changed her look. I've heard people say Storm's punk look is 'dyke' or 'lesbain'-looking. And this all happened on Storm's first meeting with Yukio.

No Caption Provided

2. Even the way Storm thinks about Yukio is to that of being in love. And this is AFTER she first met Black Panther. She even was going to leave the X-men for Yukio at one point. And that was around the time she considered Kitty/Kittun a daughter.

No Caption Provided

3. On this cover, the two are holding hands.

No Caption Provided