• 54 results
MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By MoonStar757

So what did all my fellow Storm fans think about her role in DOFP (those who've seen it obviously)

No Caption Provided

I actually enjoyed her in the film, surprisingly so since she literally was on-screen for like 5min altogether (slight exaggeration lol maybe) but those precious few scenes were instant gold; from her potent display as to why she survived in the future as long as she did when she took out half the Sentinel army, to her regal albeit heartbreaking death.

And I'm really proud of Halle Berry bcos even tho i felt like she did a good job of portraying Storm in the previous films, with the material she was given, I absolutely felt like she did a perfect job in this film! Her performance this time around was spot-on; she perfectly embodied Storm's strength and majestic presence and it was clear she fully understood the character.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I as well think that Halle did a good job with what she was given. Some fans may not like her but she has always fought for Storm and she really knows the character. I think that her and Magneto teaming up to wipe out the sentinels could've been bigger. These are two very powerful mutants. Storm an Omega potential and Magneto an Alpha, I wish they would've done more than throw the jet and blow it up

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was expecting more Storm but she onlt had little. still, Halle did well but I hope next time; shell be wearing a long white hair

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By shanana

She was kind of useless. She obviously played a lesser-role because of her pregnancy, but I would've liked it without her.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonstorm: Nice find on this Storm movie promo. She looks beautiful and the background looks awesome.

@tonix said:

I as well think that Halle did a good job with what she was given. Some fans may not like her but she has always fought for Storm and she really knows the character. I think that her and Magneto teaming up to wipe out the sentinels could've been bigger. These are two very powerful mutants. Storm an Omega potential and Magneto an Alpha, I wish they would've done more than throw the jet and blow it up

I think this was one of my biggest gripes about the movie. I knew her role was going to be limited, but I was hoping that the future battle scene could have been much more epic and impactful, and a nice bon voyage to the original cast final appearance in the X-Franchise :-(.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I went into the theatre with low expectations for the film but was pleasantly surprised overall with the production. Halle looked amazing in the scene when she exited the plane as well as when she summoned that storm. My favorite part of the film was when Storm and Mags created that EMP to take out the sentinels. I do agree though that most of the future scenes were pretty underwhelming to say the least. I am looking forward to see how they will adapt her for the next film.

the_forecast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this, and x2 were the best depictions of storm. Do i wish they could have given Halle a true bald looking Mohawk? YES! but her regalness, self confidence, and strength was there.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing with Halle being pregnant, I don't really understand. We all know Storm does not have to be too involved in a fight. She can create global damage if she wants while laying down. I wish they would've have shown her do more to stop them like do the tornado attack she did in X-2 while also frying them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

The thing with Halle being pregnant, I don't really understand. We all know Storm does not have to be too involved in a fight. She can create global damage if she wants while laying down. I wish they would've have shown her do more to stop them like do the tornado attack she did in X-2 while also frying them.

Good point!

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:

She was kind of useless. She obviously played a lesser-role because of her pregnancy, but I would've liked it without her.

Useless? really...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@shanana said:

Useless? really...

She just has a minor role but among the minor characters, she and Magneto were attacking the sentinels ships and her death had the biggest impact.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@shanana said:

Useless? really...

She just has a minor role but among the minor characters, she and Magneto were attacking the sentinels ships and her death had the biggest impact.

well... apart from Magneto's. Storm's was certainly the most dramatic and stark. The death that said Hopelessness had come to them at last. She was their big weapon. Magneto their big defence. When she fell... they were all doomed.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:

@shanana said:

Useless? really...

well... apart from Magneto's. Storm's was certainly the most dramatic and stark. The death that said Hopelessness had come to them at last. She was their big weapon. Magneto their big defence. When she fell... they were all doomed.

Indeed.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were pros and cons to storm in Days of future past. Pro's: She had a great apocalyptic look. The showing she had where with the lightning was pretty good.

Cons: She had like three minutes of showtime. When in reality they would have done a lot better against those sentinels. Especially considering that the sentinal in question should not have been able to sneak up on her considering she can sense the slightest change in air pressure. But I guess they had to low ball her so we could see wolverine drown in the water. And my thing is that I would have been fine if she died like at the very end. And been like the last person fighting. But jean is back! Wolverine should stab her in the stomach while he has the chance... Cyclops to.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Ayala I had a free ticket it was a private screening

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Does she even talk in the movie?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were pros and cons to storm in Days of future past. Pro's: She had a great apocalyptic look. The showing she had where with the lightning was pretty good.

Cons: She had like three minutes of showtime. When in reality they would have done a lot better against those sentinels. Especially considering that the sentinal in question should not have been able to sneak up on her considering she can sense the slightest change in air pressure. But I guess they had to low ball her so we could see wolverine drown in the water. And my thing is that I would have been fine if she died like at the very end. And been like the last person fighting. But jean is back! Wolverine should stab her in the stomach while he has the chance... Cyclops to.

Lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So true.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I got it for free in a restaurant it was like a promo they had if you eat there they will give you a free ticket to the private screening

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am proud of her too. I remember the moment she stepped off the X-jet and had Storm's stare and walk down, I was all in. I am SOOO proud to be a Storm fan. :D
She has come a long way since X1. LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I got it for free in a restaurant it was like a promo they had if you eat there they will give you a free ticket to the private screening

which restaurant?

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Hikay.... but i dont think the promo is still up

Where is that? Haven't heard that place.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Invisible_Witch

The Bad: This movie isn't too good to Storm.She had about 4 lines I believe,one in beginning where she seem says "Bobby" when seeing him and two at the end when the sentinels are approaching "No,but we can slow them down" and is everyone alright" ? after the magneto through the x-jet at the sentinels while storm fry it with lighting

The Good: The effects are off the charts when it comes to her power!!from her eyes to the thunderstorms,to the lighting bolts. Halle Berry really work it when it come to the wire work while pregnant.The little time she did had made you wanting more from her

When I stop and think about it all the X-men who didn't time travel(beside beast) hardly got any screen time if your going to movie to see only storm or any mutants who isn't Prof X,Magneto,Wolverine or mystique I recommend you watch the first 5 mins and the last ten minutes

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to see her do more damage, but the movie was trying to capture a sense of doom. One can only imagine the carnage she created during the entire war, I'd of like to see some of it on screen, but that was not the purpose.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did storm hit any of sentinels with lighting ? I remember she hit that thing they come out of

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bad: This movie isn't too good to Storm.She had about 4 lines I believe,one in beginning where she seem says "Bobby" when seeing him and two at the end when the sentinels are approaching "No,but we can slow them down" and is everyone alright" ? after the magneto through the x-jet at the sentinels while storm fry it with lighting

The Good: The effects are off the charts when it comes to her power!!from her eyes to the thunderstorms,to the lighting bolts. Halle Berry really work it when it come to the wire work while pregnant.The little time she did had made you wanting more from her

When I stop and think about it all the X-men who didn't time travel(beside beast) hardly got any screen time if your going to movie to see only storm or any mutants who isn't Prof X,Magneto,Wolverine or mystique I recommend you watch the first 5 mins and the last ten minutes

You are right. If only Singer made the x-men vs sentinel on the last part longer like 10 more minutes, I would have said, Singer has done well.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did storm hit any of sentinels with lighting ? I remember she hit that thing they come out of

I don't remember. :(

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

quoted for truth....the power display was awesome! ( i don't even know why they sent wolverine back to the past...ugh!)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@malachi_munroe: They sent him back because his healing factor allowed his body to take the strain of doing it.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: ....a temporal transceiver would've helped the others...

Bishop should have his own time portal gadget for all of them to go back to the past.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher: but you know logan just has to have the spotlight in every film...screw that ish!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: but you know logan just has to have the spotlight in every film...screw that ish!

It should have been Wolveirne and Storm travelling back to past. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher: no no i'm fine with bishop going back with a temporal transceiver like how it was in TAS .. that episode made more sense than the whole movie altogether but .. i'm still impressed.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: no no i'm fine with bishop going back with a temporal transceiver like how it was in TAS .. that episode made more sense than the whole movie altogether but .. i'm still impressed.

Actually, I'm not impressed with the movie, because it felt like x-men: first class part 2 and not x-men 4. If only Singer gave us an additional 10 minutes battle scene between the x-men and the sentinels on the last part then I would have been impressed. It would have been awesome to see Storm, Sunspot and Magneto flying around destroying the sentinels.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: i agree on the flying part ... a stunt double would've been nice...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tonix

You know what actually would have made sense? They had the jet! Why didn't they put everyone on board and let Kitty work on Wolverine while being mobile? From the jet, if any sentinels got too close, Storm could've whipped up some wind tunnels like she did in X-2 rather than blowing it up to knock out a few handfuls. And if they ran out of gas Magneto could keep them in the air.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

You know what actually would have made sense? They had the jet! Why didn't they put everyone on board and let Kitty work on Wolverine while being mobile? From the jet, if any sentinels got too close, Storm could've whipped up some wind tunnels like she did in X-2 rather than blowing it up to knock out a few handfuls. And if they ran out of gas Magneto could keep them in the air.

That would've ruined the plot..but the only thing that irritated me was the fact that the winds, nothing but her winds, managed to take out at least seven of the transporters yet the sentinels could fly though them? really? B*tch please..she should've compressed those freaks. (That hardly visible wind tunnel was the bomb though!)

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Yea it would've ruined the plot but it's still a good plan. If i was them that's the route I would've taken. I was irritated by the wind as well (it looked cool though) I would have preferred to see everyone fighting til the end rather than dying off one by one

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Storm Calling

@tonix said:

I don't think she can be in motion when she's performing the time traveling phasing. She herself pointed out that they wouldn't be able to go anywhere(or something to that extent). This really would've made things more interesting and allowed for more aerial combat for the characters that could fly(Warpath was suppose to be able to fly but I don't think he flew once in the movie).

I thought it was a great movie overall. Could've used a couple more future scenes though, especially the Rogue sequence that was cut.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: I wont lie...warpath was gorgeous....minus that eye makeup :/