Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2001 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

Still, the fact that you are basing your A-list for having their own ongoing that Storm and Cyclops shouldn't even be in B-list.

You're doing this on purpose. I explained this several times now, I can only assume you're pretending not to get it now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2002  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Still, the fact that you are basing your A-list for having their own ongoing that Storm and Cyclops shouldn't even be in B-list.

You're doing this on purpose. I explained this several times now, I can only assume you're pretending not to get it now.

What I'm trying to say is you have a different basis putting a character on A-list and a different basis putting a character on B-List

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...And the only lady illustrated for Dolce & Gabbana

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2004 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

What I'm trying to say is you have a different basis putting a character on A-list and a different basis putting a character on B-List

I know what you were trying to say the first time. What i'm telling YOU is that you're not understanding what I'm saying although i've explained to you more than once. My basis for what makes a character A-list or B-list is the same. It's all based on earning potential\earning ability. I think you're getting hung up on the fact that I stated you can't be A-list without an ongoing but that's because of the massive gap between the earning ability of a B-List character that does or does not have an ongoing. B-List characters are earning but they aren't consistent. So there are periods where they are contributing on the same level as a character that doesn't have an ongoing.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Storm is A-list for sure! Leading the X-men, Being the most successful black character and women too!! Also she is all over the video games and movies and tv shows. A-lister!!!!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

I know what you were trying to say the first time. What i'm telling YOU is that you're not understanding what I'm saying although i've explained to you more than once. My basis for what makes a character A-list or B-list is the same. It's all based on earning potential\earning ability. I think you're getting hung up on the fact that I stated you can't be A-list without an ongoing but that's because of the massive gap between the earning ability of a B-List character that does or does not have an ongoing. B-List characters are earning but they aren't consistent. So there are periods where they are contributing on the same level as a character that doesn't have an ongoing.

The fact that you are telling me that a character cannot be A-list because he/she doesn't have an ongoing should also be your basis for putting characters on B-list. A comic character's potential\earning ability who has an ongoing that's not really selling well is still different from comic characters potential\earning ability who don't have an ongoing but is just part of a team book. Because like you've said, "Storm & Cyclops don't have their own books but they also don't have their own ANYTHING. They don't have their own games, they don't have their own movies, they don't have their own live action or cartoon shows, none of that."

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antemiusenteri: wonder woman is an icon on her own right,she has had her own title for 7 decades,a successful solo title,a live action series considered a clasic,people still think of lynda carter when anyone names wonder woman,a successful animated movie,the only thing left for wonder woman is to get a successful movie in the big screen and her own video game then she will have a successful career in all formats,but the most important thing,people outside the comic world know who wonder woman is,not becaue of batman and superman,because she made her own impact being the first action female in a leading role in comc history,people know her from different formats not just comics.

I am not questioning her ongoing solo, but for her tv series, when was that aired? Oh, more than 30 years ago, back when there where just a few televisions and theaters worldwide. I don't even think the tv series was aired on other countries, please tell me so if it was. You could have told me that she is popular with her appearances in JLA comics and JL cartoon series. Wonder Woman doesn't have a recent movie and no own video game. Sorry but being in a team with Superman and Batman really helps a lot. The X-Men are characters who did not have popularity as big as Batman, Superman or Flash but did become as big as or even bigger then them in the 90s.

@poisonfleur: storm fans and popularity don't beat wonder woman,lol,storm was a one hit wonder in the 90s when she was bigger thanks to the x-man show,when has she had the comic sales and successful proyects outside comics like wonder woman has had?.

wonder woman is still the best selling female comic character,her live action series was a worldwide hit and a classic,her own animated movie was also a hit,and she has been able to keep her own title for 72 years,storm has not the success and popularity that wonder woman has,and she isn't as known outside comics as wonder woman is.

If you call it a one hit wonder, it's better than not having one at all. Storm still have mini series but i know it's too little compared to WW's ongoing. But Storm appears in a lot of comics, and has more exposure on films which is shown worldwide, in cartoons and in video games (marvel avengers alliance and UMVC3 most especially.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:wonder woman's live action series was aired worldwide,and still aris in many countries and the DVDs are still selling,wonder woman has also a very successful animated movie,and they are working in another live action series,doesn't matter in how video games or movies storm appeared,she is a supporting character in all of them,wonder woman still makes a lot of money for DC on her own,that's why they still invest money on her,storm or any x-man doesn't make money alone,only wolverine,x-men movies are over,wolverine keeps getting new movies about him and storm nothing,she is not as successful and popular worldwide as wonder woman,not even close.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:wonder woman's live action series was aired worldwide,and still aris in many countries and the DVDs are still selling,wonder woman has also a very successful animated movie,and they are working in another live action series,doesn't matter in how video games or movies storm appeared,she is a supporting character in all of them,wonder woman still makes a lot of money for DC on her own,that's why they still invest money on her,storm or any x-man doesn't make money alone,only wolverine,x-men movies are over,wolverine keeps getting new movies about him and storm nothing,she is not as successful and popular worldwide as wonder woman,not even close.

It's not as exposed as the x-men films. Again, please indicate the name of those countries cos i don't believe it's been shown worldwide. Companies choosing Storm to appear in the video games, films, etc means they know Storm will help boost sales. Why choose Storm over any other x-men members? Because she deserves it, she's worth it and she's popular. Looking at how DC handles the ladies, it's not really surprising for WW to still have her ongoing book. A lot of DC ladies have an ongoing. And Batgirl is beating her in terms of sales. If WW was in Marvel, her ongoing will not reach this long.

Looking at the numbers, they're not really close. Storm is everywhere in comics and has appeared more in video games than her. I would say Catwoman is more exposed than Wonder Woman on films and video games

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:wonder woman live action series aired in the UK,canada,latin america,spain,etc.

storm only appears in video games and movies as a supporting character,movies?,she will appear because she is one of the oldest members of the x-men,why doesn't she have her own movie or video game if she is so popular?,because he is not popular enough to have a solo act in anything.

wonder woman's solo title outsells all the other females worldwide,batwoman is selling a little bit more,IN THE US,but guess what?,there is a whole market outside the US,wopnder woman is the top selling female comic character of all time and you will deal with it,she has made millions and millions and millions for DC,storm WHO?.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2011  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

The fact that you are telling me that a character cannot be A-list because he/she doesn't have an ongoing should also be your basis for putting characters on B-list. A comic character's potential\earning ability who has an ongoing that's not really selling well is still different from comic characters potential\earning ability who don't have an ongoing but is just part of a team book. Because like you've said, "Storm & Cyclops don't have their own books but they also don't have their own ANYTHING. They don't have their own games, they don't have their own movies, they don't have their own live action or cartoon shows, none of that."

I'm not doing this with you anymore. I JUST explained how the criteria works and now you're trying to use my words as if I don't know what I said. At the end of the day this doesn't even matter, whether Storm can be B-list because she doesn't have an ongoing or not all that matters is by any logical criteria she's NOT A-list. As was stated in this thread before, if she was we wouldn't even be talking about it.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2012  Edited By gokuwarrior

@vance_astro:that user is obsessed with wonder woman,haven't you seen how he/she always brings up wonder woman in every topic about storm and even when nobody is talking about storm?,he/she seems to want storm to be more popular and relevan than wonder woman so badly,come on the user even thinks that storm appearing in comics with no lines or in games and movies as a supporting character count as a proof that she's more popular and relevant than wonder woman,LOL!.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2013 vance_astro  Moderator

@gokuwarrior said:

@vance_astro:that user is obsessed with wonder woman,haven't you seen how he/she always brings up wonder woman in every topic about storm and even when nobody is talking about storm?,he/she seems to want storm to be more popular and relevan than wonder woman so badly,come on the user even thinks that storm appearing in comics with no lines or in games and movies as a supporting character count as a proof that she's more popular and relevant than wonder woman,LOL!.

Obsessed with Wonder Woman? You mean Storm? Obsessed with Storm?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:with both,he/she is obsessed with wonder woman because he/she keeps trying to discredit wonder woman's popularity and success and put storm above her,he always try to find an excuse to say how storm achived this and that and wonder woman didn't,and wonder woman is where she is because of batman and superman,etc,so it's an obsetion with both of them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:with both,he/she is obsessed with wonder woman because he/she keeps trying to discredit wonder woman's popularity and success and put storm above her,he always try to find an excuse to say how storm achived this and that and wonder woman didn't,and wonder woman is where she is because of batman and superman,etc,so it's an obsetion with both of them.

@jhazzroucher:wonder woman live action series aired in the UK,canada,latin america,spain,etc.

storm only appears in video games and movies as a supporting character,movies?,she will appear because she is one of the oldest members of the x-men,why doesn't she have her own movie or video game if she is so popular?,because he is not popular enough to have a solo act in anything.

wonder woman's solo title outsells all the other females worldwide,batwoman is selling a little bit more,IN THE US,but guess what?,there is a whole market outside the US,wopnder woman is the top selling female comic character of all time and you will deal with it,she has made millions and millions and millions for DC,storm WHO?.

The countries you've mentioned are not many. It's doesn't sound worldwide to me. Storm is not one of the oldest members of the x-men. Once again, it's not surprising for WW to have an ongoing with DC comics cos if Storm, Jean and Rogue were in DC, DC would definitely give them their own ongoing too. I'm not discrediting WW's popularity. You are discrediting Storm's popularity.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:i gave you some examples of countries where the live action series was aired,it was aired in asia continent and australia too,i'm not gonna name you all the countries in the world.

storm appears in different types of formats as a supporting cast,wonder woman can sell on her own,in comics,TV and animated moviesmand a new TV show in the making,who is the best selling female comic character of all time worldwide?,WONDER WOMAN,you have been throwing shades at wonder woman all the time,but she is still the best selling female comic character,storm who?.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know, if this is where Vance hangs out when he gets PMs for threads to be locked or moved, I start to wonder where the actual battle mods have gone...

Anyway, Storm...A list? Maybe if Loeb is writing....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2018  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher:i gave you some examples of countries where the live action series was aired,it was aired in asia continent and australia too,i'm not gonna name you all the countries in the world.

storm appears in different types of formats as a supporting cast,wonder woman can sell on her own,in comics,TV and animated moviesmand a new TV show in the making,who is the best selling female comic character of all time worldwide?,WONDER WOMAN,you have been throwing shades at wonder woman all the time,but she is still the best selling female comic character,storm who?.

You're the one throwing shades at Storm. You're the one telling me that she's just a supporting cast while I say WW being in a team with Batman and Superman also helps and it's not a bad thing . WW wins in comics department though but you shouldn't ignore that Storm who appeared more than 30 years later, appearing in a lot of comic books which explains why she's really having a good number. I could say Storm has more exposure because of the x-films that are shown worldwide and video games too. If I go to arcade places, you'll see x-men vs street fighter, x-men battle of the atom, or marvel vs capcom 2 or 3. You can't find Wonder Woman there.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:so what?,it's true that storm appears in games and movie only as a supporting character,in x-men films who was the star?,wolverine,even rogue had a bigger role in the first movie,the third was about jean becoming phoenix,and then?,wolverine kept getting movies,comics and games for himself,so there you have the proof that if an x-men is an A-list is wolverine,not storm,and you shouldn't try to deny the fact that wonder woman is popular worldwide on her own,because she makes money on her own,without batman and superman,she makes money with her own title,her live action show was a worldwide hit,it aried in america,europe,asia,australia,etc and still airs,it was still airing in the US,spain,etc,a few years ago for example,the DVDs of the live action series are still selling,her animated movie is one of DC's top 10 sellers,she keeps making money for DC,she makes money ON HER OWN,something storm doesn't do as much as wonder woman,not even close,trying to lower wonder woman's standard won't make storm an A-list.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:so what?,it's true that storm appears in games and movie only as a supporting character,in x-men films who was the star?,wolverine,even rogue had a bigger role in the first movie,the third was about jean becoming phoenix,and then?,wolverine kept getting movies,comics and games for himself,so there you have the proof that if an x-men is an A-list is wolverine,not storm,and you shouldn't try to deny the fact that wonder woman is popular worldwide on her own,because she makes money on her own,without batman and superman,she makes money with her own title,her live action show was a worldwide hit,it aried in america,europe,asia,australia,etc and still airs,it was still airing in the US,spain,etc,a few years ago for example,the DVDs of the live action series are still selling,her animated movie is one of DC's top 10 sellers,she keeps making money for DC,she makes money ON HER OWN,something storm doesn't do as much as wonder woman,not even close,trying to lower wonder woman's standard won't make storm an A-list.

Oh so since Superman and Batman are ones getting the big roles than WW in in JLA, then WW is not an A-list character. WW's tv series in dvd, selling? Please if you emphasize something make sure it's really worth it like it really did sell well and give me the figures like if I say My heart will go on is a best-seller because it sold millions of singles.

I can even say that the WW tv series sales is not even in the top 50 best seller among tv series or maybe not even in top 100.

I'm not lowering WW's standard. It's you who don't accept the fact that Storm has more exposure on a specific medium. Again, WW is not #1 in everything, just like when you admitted that Storm won against WW in a 90's poll. And again, Batgirl's comics is selling better now so yes, Batgirl beats Wonder Woman.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:and wolverine giot bigger part on the x-men so storm is not an A-list,ownerd by your own logic,hahaha.

wonder woman's comic sells more than batgirl worldwide so wonder woman still relevant,still the most successful female comic character,who is storm?.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i honestly have no idea what an A-list character is and i sure as hell ain't reading all those post sooooooooo yeah just explain what an A-list character does or has to have for him/her to be classed as one

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

If storm is so a list, where the hell is her ongoing? If she's ever had one, it sure as hell lacks any real notoriety and popularity.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Nope. Storm is horrible character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm isn't a A-list character. She might be a popular character as John Stewart is due animated versions or movie version (Storm),but this doesn't mean they're a A-list characters.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2026  Edited By lykopis

Is this still a thing?

Storm is A-list. No idea what everyone's standards of what an A-list is but to me, it's the importance of the character in the universe they are in and Storm is most definitely, a big part of Marvel.

Storm is A-list. STORM IS A-LIST.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2027  Edited By Wolverine008

Storm is an A lister to people who read comics, she's a Z lister to the general public.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She an A-lister to me. In comics and in general public.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2029 dernman  Online

Storm is a hard B list.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this whole debate seems silly to me. What does A-list/B-list even mean? I mean, we could get super exclusive and say only Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (D.C.'s Trinity), Spider-Man, Wolverine, and (only recently) Iron Man belong in that category. Or do we include Hulk, Captain America, Flash, Green Lantern, etc.?

I'm not tossing those names out to try to start a debate about any of their merits, but to point out that these terms are very hard to define, especially since we would also have to define the context in which we're considering each character. Are we basing this on comic book readers, or the general public? Any comic book reader would know who Storm is, but the general public is less likely to (similarly, the general public is much more likely to know who Wonder Woman is than they are to know who Batgirl is, regardless of comic book sales). Do appearances in movies count? If so, Howard the Duck is better known than Wonder Woman, and if we only count being the lead in a film, he beats Storm, too. But I doubt anyone would argue Howard the Duck is a better known character.

Just follow the characters you like - we can all have our own personal A, B, C lists - beyond that it doesn't really matter.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:and wolverine giot bigger part on the x-men so storm is not an A-list,ownerd by your own logic,hahaha.

wonder woman's comic sells more than batgirl worldwide so wonder woman still relevant,still the most successful female comic character,who is storm?.

Sorry but to think that she's been appearing in more books than other x-men members with the exception of Wolverine, that really means something. Wolverine and Storm in x-men. Batman and Superman in Justice League. owned by your own logic indeed. hahaha.

show me something that shows ww's books sell more worldwide than Batgirl's.

WW has a very long ongoing but no current movie or tv series? Justice League is the only thing that keeps her alive on other form of media. If she wasn't in Justice League then she's like Ms Marvel, only having an own ongoing. Because of Justice League, WW is exposed again on tv. But once again, it's not bad, it's actually something good but since for you being part of a team is bad, then you have to think of it as a bad thing for WW being with Justice League.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:JL comic is irrelevant,wonder woman doesn't need a team to appear because she has her own comic,storm appears as a supporting character,many times she doesn't even have a line,storm appeared in movies as a supporting character too,so it doesn't make her more popular than wonder woman,when they make JL movie wonder woman will appear,and what tv series or movie hasstorm on her own,0,wonder woman had her own series and her own animated movie.

wonder woman the best selling female comic character of all time,are you mad?,well stay mad.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't believe people are still debating this...

and I'd say it's clear she's a B+ or a A-

depending on who you ask... that's still VERY GOOD.

The D's and F's get No love... and there's still the Z's

No Caption Provided

PS She's the leader of the XX-Men... ok... there's like 5 X-Men teams right now.

( + )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:JL comic is irrelevant,wonder woman doesn't need a team to appear because she has her own comic,storm appears as a supporting character,many times she doesn't even have a line,storm appeared in movies as a supporting character too,so it doesn't make her more popular than wonder woman,when they make JL movie wonder woman will appear,and what tv series or movie hasstorm on her own,0,wonder woman had her own series and her own animated movie.

wonder woman the best selling female comic character of all time,are you mad?,well stay mad.

JL comic is not irrelevant especially that it's selling more than WW comics. WW needs that as an exposure. Again, because of JLA, WW got more exposure. If she wasn't in JLA , i don't think she'll even be considered as one of DC"s Trinity. And again, it's not a bad thing to be on a team.

All you say is Storm is a supporting character but once again, it's "exposure" still. How many appearances does WW have in video games? in comics? on films? tv series?

I'm not mad at all. Even Elektra has her own film. Catwoman was in Dark Knight and it did well worldwide. That's a big boost of exposure of Catwoman's existence. Storm is too on x-men films. and she'll be appearing again on the next x-men movie. It's better to be a supporting character on a movie that not showing up on a movie at all. Get it.? hahahaha.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to this site, Storm appears in 5,842 issues while Wonder Woman appears in 4288 issues.

According to giantbomb, Wonder Woman appears in 15 games while Storm appears in 43 games. Big difference isn't it?

For tv series:

Pryde of the X-Men

X-men: the animated series

The Amazing Spider-man

Spider-man and his amazing Friends

X-Men Evolution

Wolverine & The X-Men

Marvel Super hero Squad

X-Men Anime

Black Panther animated series

For movies:

X-men, X2, X3, cameo appearance in X-Men origins: Wolverine, X-men The Last Stand, and The Wolverine. I think we can also credit Storm in the Superhero Movie.

No Caption Provided

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2036  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jhazzroucher:if storm keeps appearing as a supporting character then she is a supporting character,not an A-list,and if being a supporting character is enough to be an A-list then you have no reason to say that wonder woman is not an A-list because wonder woman can stand on her own since she has her own comic,TV show and animated movie.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is close to being a A-List give it time. Once she gets A-List the world will feel it. Get over it.

It's like an underground artist or a unsigned athlete he/she just needs that big break and BOOM!

-m3th.O.D.-

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2038  Edited By jhazzroucher

@gokuwarrior said:

@jhazzroucher:if storm keeps appearing as a supporting character then she is a supporting character,not an A-list,and if being a supporting character is enough to be an A-list then you have no reason to say that wonder woman is not an A-list because wonder woman can stand on her own since she has her own comic,TV show and animated movie.

I did not say WW is not an A-list character. bleh! : )

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2039 vance_astro  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days said:

you know, if this is where Vance hangs out when he gets PMs for threads to be locked or moved, I start to wonder where the actual battle mods have gone...

Anyway, Storm...A list? Maybe if Loeb is writing....

Maybe you should mind your own business.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was, now? Not anymore.

The only A-List heroine is Wonder Woman, she is and always has been.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Storm is too busy being stabbed by Wolverine to be A list.

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2042  Edited By kasino

think Storm is a A-lister as the general public has way more exposure to her through tv, movies, video games. I think her characteristics is known far more in depth by the public because of this.

WW is more iconic to the public but because Justice League and Unlimited are her acknowledgments in other media since the show

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, um...this isn't the 90's anymore. Which is when Storm was at her peak. A level that she hasn't been at since Claremont. Back when she was imitating Grace Jones and her whole androgynous mohawk gimmick. Storm has "just sort of been there" in the X-books, only swooping in do throw a lightning bolt or a tornado, and engage in "Goddess Posturing". Where she does one of two extremes. She either jobs out to make a point of how powerful some other character is, or she does some over the top weather related feat. The latter of which has been a dime a dozen since her inception. Where, regardless of either action she goes back to her unfortunate "wallpaper role". But I'm at least glad she's not shown lying unconscious and being held up by her hair, or practically being molested by the villains who have abducted her, anymore.

To be perfectly honest though, at this day and age for her, if Storm is A-list, then you might as well say that Aunt May (who doesn't even have superpowers) is A-list.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasino:the general public also know wonder woman more than storm,you can't say strom is an A-list and say wonder woman isn't.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasino:the general public also know wonder woman more than storm,you can't say strom is an A-list and say wonder woman isn't.

he/she didn't say that WW isn't A-list though. But I agree with Kasino that it was Justice League that made her more exposed to the media. BUt then again, it's not a bad thing but a good thing because everything that helps a character to be more exposed is good.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2047  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@jhazzroucher said:

@gokuwarrior said:

he/she didn't say that WW isn't A-list though. But I agree with Kasino that it was Justice League that made her more exposed to the media. BUt then again, it's not a bad thing but a good thing because everything that helps a character to be more exposed is good.

To the same degree that the Justice League made Batman and Superman more exposed to the media. Wonder Woman has been well-known to the public for several decades. She is THE female superhero. Storm isn't remotely in her league, in terms of general recognition. Even older folks who don't read comics know who Wonder Woman is; as she's that big of a cultural icon. The latter can't be said (with any sort of honesty at least) with Storm. Storm isn't even on the level of Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy. She's right there with Hawk Girl.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2048  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@gokuwarrior said:

To the same degree that the Justice League made Batman and Superman more exposed to the media. Wonder Woman has been well-known to the public for several decades. She is THE female superhero. Storm isn't remotely in her league, in terms of general recognition. Even older folks who don't read comics know who Wonder Woman is; as she's that big of a cultural icon. The latter can't be said (with any sort of honesty at least) with Storm. Storm isn't even on the level of Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy. She's right there with Hawk Girl.

Older folds know WW because WW started 30 years earlier than Storm. Storm not on the level of harley quinn or poison ivy? I disagree.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2049  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@jhazzroucher said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Older folds know WW because WW started 30 years earlier than Storm. Storm not on the level of harley quinn or poison ivy? I disagree.

Age doesn't mean as much as you think. If it did, then Jayna from the Wonder Twins would be as well known as Wonder Woman. Storm is only known these days, because of her strong, traditional, secondary, support roles in comics and video games. And because she's always fainting/jobbing out (sometimes after she engages in her classic "Goddess-like Posturing") in the cartoons she's in. She can't even get a solo book, because Marvel doesn't even take her seriously enough to consider it. Because she's best served as a backup, where her one-note personality compliments the overall team of other one-note characters. It seems like Marvel is content on boosting her powers and making her an Omega-level Mutant (which her fans are recently cheering over), because they don't know how to write her in a way that makes her interesting, personality wise.

Looking at the way she's been written over the years, only confirms this. Marvel has no idea how to write her. One minute she's her normal egotistical self, and another she's hiding from Wade underneath Logan's sheets. She's somewhat of a train-wreck, as she's been written so inconsistently. Marvel needs to stop treating her like she's so sacred and consider killing her off. So they can sit back and take a break from her until they figure out what they want Storm to be. Because at the moment, she's taking valuable page time from other characters who have more potential. Such as the (more or less) restored Jubilee and Rachael.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

B-List. She's not as well known as Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.