Are the Sith simply superior to the Jedi?

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FFP

Inspired by the Dark Side vs. Light Side thread, I was thinking about the Jedi and Sith philosophy.

I don't want to discuss about Dark vs. Light side here. Also, I'm considering Legends, not only canon.

So, as I see it, and according to a lot of sources, the Force is an energy field and the power of a Force-user comes from his connection with the Force and his training/study.

So, while the Jedi limit themselves to only using/learning techniques that they consider "good", the Sith have a broader way of dealing with the Force and have no limitation, always trying to learn any power possible.

Force lightning, Force choke, Sith alchemy, Sith sorcery (both includes a bigger variety of powers), Mechu-deru, Force Storm, Essence Transfer, Midichlorian Manipulation, Force fear/confusion, are just some examples of what I'm talking about.

While the Jedi restrict themselves, there is absolutely no power a Sith can't learn. Actually, any Force user can learn any power, they just chose to don't.

And we have a lot of examples of Force users using the Dark Side without that "corruption" crap (Revan, Kyle Katarn, even Luke), any kind of power can corrupt, it just takes willpower and a strong mind to avoid this. Besides, there are powers that can definitely be used for good and are considered to be "dark" (mechu-deru, midichlorian manipulation).

What you think?

TL;DR: Sith try to learn every force power while Jedis restrict themselves to what they call "light". So, are Sith superior to Jedi in this point of view?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ffp: First off there are jedi powers simply unusable by sith, the most powerful two abilities are both exclusively light side. If it happens in legends that contradicts canon its no longer legends, its non canon. Also sith abilities like lightning have a backlash draining the engergy of the user in both the short and long term.

Also superior how?

In terms of acheiving their goals jedi are much much more succesful than sith with the sith having a handful of victories while the jedi having numerous. Jedi also keep peace way longer than sith keep power.

Sith try to learn every force power while Jedis restrict themselves to what they call "light". So, are Sith superior to Jedi in this point of view?

I suppose they do though thats usually how good guy vs bad uy things work. Short term, ruthlesslness gives bad guys temporary edge, long term, ruthlessness ends up backfiring and the good guy suceeds and mantains the fruits of their success for a long time

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo Sith has always have been more powerful , especially the original sith (the race) , The Jedi always claim they're more powerful but anger is one of the greatest sources of power in the star wars universe , and Sith can access it so easily , Jedi closing off emotions literally limits them

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: love is a much more powerful emotion than anger in both real life and the star wars universe. While jedi of certain eras have forbidden love, the new and first jedi orders were fine with it and whther they like it not, love is exclusively light side. Anakin became a lightsider because of his love for his son, ben skywalker acheived oneness(a light side ability) because of love. Mace was amped to contend with sidious because of his love for the republic. While love can be used as a way to turn someone to the darkside, the darkside kills off love or compassion when you become immersed in it. Once you become a darksider, love prevents your full use of it, hence why darth malgus got stronger when he killed his lover.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: love is a much more powerful emotion than anger in both real life and the star wars universe. While jedi of certain eras have forbidden love, the new and first jedi orders were fine with it and whther they like it not, love is exclusively light side. Anakin became a lightsider because of his love for his son, ben skywalker acheived oneness(a light side ability) because of love. Mace was amped to contend with sidious because of his love for the republic. While love can be used as a way to turn someone to the darkside, the darkside kills off love or compassion when you become immersed in it. Once you become a darksider, love prevents your full use of it, hence why darth malgus got stronger when he killed his lover.

yea your right but I feel anger can make someone ridiculously powerful depending on if you can control your yourself or not

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: true, but love when not twisted will beat anger. There's a reason tigers are scared of a mother sloth bear defending a baby, why the most powerful feat for a force user(anakin ragdolling the son and daughter) was done due to a family like love, the original 6 movies all show the power of love over anger. The sith don't finish the jedi off because of the love creating luke and leia skywalker, and the jedi finish the sith because off vader's love for luke.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: true, but love when not twisted will beat anger. There's a reason tigers are scared of a mother sloth bear defending a baby, why the most powerful feat for a force user(anakin ragdolling the son and daughter) was done due to a family like love, the original 6 movies all show the power of love over anger. The sith don't finish the jedi off because of the love creating luke and leia skywalker, and the jedi finish the sith because off vader's love for luke.

right right , but then does that apply to the living entity, The Sith since it is made of pure anger?

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: You're probably referring to Force ghost and Oneness. Well, Force ghost can be replicated by anyone that learns the ability (Revan, Vader, Marr). Oneness is so rare that shouldn't even be considered a technique.

Well, if Jedis learn X powers and Sith learns X+Y (positive Y) than I understand that they are superior.

Sorry, if I didn't made myself clear, I meant superiority in Force powers. Not considering who "side" win in the end (of course the good always wins in movies, etc.) or which side have more powerful users.

What I mean is, if you are a Force user and wants to be the most powerful possible, you should join the Sith and learn all the secrets they delve, because the Jedi won't let you learn a lot of powers, even those that aren't violent (midi manipulation or mechu-deru).

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp: yes but said sith only did that as lightsiders except for marr whose becoming of a force ghost is either due to his changing philosophy where he says things along the lines of we are the forces' will(which is so not darkside) or its just non canon.

Well, if Jedis learn X powers and Sith learns X+Y (positive Y) than I understand that they are superior.

Fair enough, I actually agree with this. Most jedi do not even get close to approaching the level of power needed to master the extremely powerful abilities that sith have no counter to.

What I mean is, if you are a Force user and wants to be the most powerful possible, you should join the Sith and learn all the secrets they delve, because the Jedi won't let you learn a lot of powers, even those that aren't violent (midi manipulation or mechu-deru).

I do believe that luke order was fine with darkside abilities as long as you controlled yourself mentally, joining his order may be the best option as you get the variety of the sith order but also that remote chance of learning abilities like immortality.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Well, it doesn't matter, the fact is that Sith lords did it.

You don't quite get it. Those abilities you're talking about (don't know which they are) can also be learned by Sith, since they don't have any restriction, that's the point.

Nice, this is a important improvement. But did they teach Sith Alchemy/Sorcery, midichlorian manipulation or any kind of power more obscure? This would be very cool.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp said:

@kbroskywalker:

Well, it doesn't matter, the fact is that Sith lords did it.

Yes after they went against the teachings of the sith and basically said fu to the darkside and sith order.

You don't quite get it. Those abilities you're talking about (don't know which they are) can also be learned by Sith, since they don't have any restriction, that's the point.

I do get it, a sith who is a darksider(Once you redeem yourself, you've stopped being a sith for all intesive purposes) cannot acheive immortality or oneness. Very rare abilities, but uncounterable by sith. I agreed with you on the statement i was replying to by the way

Nice, this is a important improvement. But did they teach Sith Alchemy/Sorcery, midichlorian manipulation or any kind of power more obscure? This would be very cool.

No, but they did aallow using love which is the most powerful emotion.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By echostarlord117

Yes, a typical Sith will have more power output and raw damage capacity than a typical Jedi. However, that doesn't mean Jedi are any less of a threat. Depending on the source, the Jedi have a larger variety of lightsaber forms available for study, while the Sith primarily only use Juyo, Djem So, and occasionally Ataru. This gives the Jedi more versatility in lightsaber combat, allowing them to strategically retreat into a defensive position, while a Sith would focus almost entirely on the offense no matter what. There are a few exceptions, of course, such as with Count Dooku, but they're often times due to the Sith being a former Jedi. Like the Sith, the Jedi also have no restrictions in regards to their telekinesis, which is arguably the most versatile and potentially powerful ability a Force user has at their disposal. The Jedi can also use their telepathy to subdue and misdirect their opponents which, while not nearly on the level of a Sith warrior, does grant the Jedi limited offensive telepathic capability. Additionally, the Jedi learn many defensive techniques such as Force Barrier and Tutaminis that negate many offensive Sith techniques such as Force Lightning. They're obviously trained to resist telepathic attacks as well.

Frankly, although a Sith could, for example, quicker destroy a village than a Jedi, in combat, no one has any real superiority over the other. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but neither is outright superior.

Oh, it should also be noted that because of how the Dark Side and Sith culture work, Sith have much lower average lifespans than Jedi. What's sad, too, is that the more powerful you get as a Sith, the shorter your lifespan becomes. So, yeah, shooting lightning out of your fingers is pretty cool, but I'd rather live a peaceful, long life than a short, psychotic, and painful one.

By the way, certain powers are literally aligned with the Dark Side. They require Dark Side emotions to use, for example. Although they can be used for good, any Jedi that isn't powerful enough to resist it will be tempted by the Dark Side every time they use it. This is why only Jedi like Luke and Revan can use such powers and stay safe from corruption (even though Revan actually did get corrupted more than once). Hell, even Yoda doesn't trust himself with Dark Side abilities.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117:

I see. Well, I wasn't talking only about destructive power. This I know Sith are better, and they should, since Jedis don't want to destroy anything unless extremely necessary.

I was talking about their versatiliy. Read all those powers I listed. Hell, only Alchemy and Sorcery (which includes illusions) have a versatility bigger than all the Jedi powers. Sith can accomplish more thing using the Force than Jedis. A Sith can use alchemy talismans, Sorcery rituals, or any obsucre power like Mechu-deru and mid manipulation to do a LOT of things, not necessarily violent.

About the lifespan, unless you're talking about the backstabbing, you're wrong.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark side degradation doesn't really seem positive, and I think some abilities like Force light can't be learned by Sith.

It's not as though users of the Dark Side are inherently more capable in combat either; the beings of Mortis kind of prove that. Moreover, Oneness, as far as I know, isn't achieved by Sith (like Darth Caedus), suggesting that there are limits to what the dark side can offer.

Sure, we have Sith powerhouses like Sidious, Valkorion, Plagueis, Talzin, Tenebrous, Kun, Krayt, and Caedus.

Yet, on the flip side, we have Luke, Yoda, Revan, Galen Marek, Starkiller, Thon, Nomi, (maybe the Hero of Tython/Outlander?), redeemed Vader, Kyp Durron, Windu, and Jaina, so it's hardly like the light side is without its powerhouses.

As a side note, I had no idea mechu-deru was dark-side.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sith tend to be more destructive and Jedi tend to be more reserved in their powers, which probably explains the discrepancy in feats. Otherwise, yeah, there are some Jedi who turn to Sith, which results in them growing in power, though when they get redeemed they usually grow even stronger. At the end of the day, the Sith aren't inherently stronger, but as they're usually depicted as villains, the ones that are shown are seen to be more powerful for the sake of making them appear like threats.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sith tend to be more focused on power, and the Jedi more reserved. Sith actively seek power. Furthermore, Sith powers are more destructive

Their feats reflect this

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Take a list of the top ten Sith and the only Jedi who can match or defeat any of them are a Jedi whose the son of the man with the highest Force potential in recorded history, and a Jedi with 900 years of time for experience, personal growth, and knowledge.

I agree with what many have already said, it's the fact that Sith are so driven by power and make acquiring power and surmounting everyone else their life goal.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people talking about destructive power and combat. But I posted a lot of powers that aren't and are very useful. Yet, they are prohibited to learn by Jedi.

PLEASE! Stop comparing which side have more powerful force users or have won a war. I'm talking about the powers each one can learn, and their phylosophy regarding power.

I disagree that Jedis don't seek personal power, they just don't do it for controlling others, like the Sith do.

I don't see how alchemy,sorcery,Mid control can be harmful for a Jedi to use....

I'm not saying dark side individuals are more powerful. This depends entirely on their midichlorians and is stipulated way before one decides about light/dark. I'm talking about tje phylosophy of learning every power possible.

Also, darkside degradation is a myth, almost all sith don't have it

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally identify much more as Sith than Jedi. Their code is far more human than the Jedi's.

As for dark side powers, I don't get what's so bad about them. If I have a knife in my hand that doesn't mean I suddenly get the urge to go stab somebody. It's not a matter of willpower, just common sense. Most Sith just aren't very smart.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with @emperordmb.

Let's take a few very powerful Sith:
Sidious
Vitiate
Plagueis
Caedus
Bane

And a few very powerful Jedi:
Yoda
GM Luke (has learned powers from studying the dark side)
Anakin (at his most powerful when he tapped into his anger)
Kyp Durron (learned powers from studying the dark side)
Mace Windu (channeled his own inner darkness to become more powerful)

Out of these 5 Jedi, only 1 never used dark side techniques to become more powerful. I would imagine that without studying the dark arts, or using anger or aggression, Jedi like Kyp Durron would not have become so powerful. Anakin would have never defeated Dooku. Mace Windu would have been vaporized by Sidious. GM Luke would still be quite powerful, but probably not at the god level we see him at in his last legends appearance.

In short, the Sith DO have an advantage, but it's one that the Jedi can overcome.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Agree. That's exactly how I think. How the hell can saving people from death be a prohibited power?

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KeiKrossKira

@echostarlord117: I agree with everything you say except the Saber forms. Sith themselves can learn any of the Saber forms, in fact till Windu made Vapaad form 7 was mostly just used by Sith so they actually had the advantage in saber forms for many years. Yes i do agree Sith usually only use the aggressive forms, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't of been taught the others. For example Exar Kun used form VI, Bane taught Zannah form III, Dooku (as you mentioned) used form II, but also look at Sidious he has mastered all 7 forms, and the Jar'Kai sub variants of the forms. So Jedi actually for many years had less variety available to them, if only by one. Its just that most Jedi used the variety of the different forms more then Sith did usually do to the Sith nature of agressiveness.

As for the actual forum I do agree Sith usually have more in their arsenal as far as powers and the like. Jedi do in most cases have some technique to counter some of those, but not all. I think the strength the Sith show over the Jedi in most cases is they use the easier emotions to guide them. Its hard to keep a level mind when emotions are running rampant in your mind, and its easy to lose control to those emotions. This is where Sith thrive. They use those emotions to give them power, where Jedi try to stay away from negative emotions. It also gives them advantage in most cases cause those are the emotions that come to fruition during battle. Sith in most cases is the easy way to gain power to be honest. Just my thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As the Jedi reject the Dark Side, the Sith reject the Light. The ideologies are at total conflict with one another. Trying to mix them will only dilute the results (unless you're being penned by Drew Karpyshyn/Bioware).

Neither is inherently greater than the other.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Erkan12

Dark Side and Light Side are in balance, they are equally strong.

However, Bane's idea about the Rule of Two works differently, it's meant to be the superior Dark Side users and they can be only two, no more no less. That's why Banite Sith > Republic Jedi individually,

Yoda was right about saying that Dark Side isn't stronger, however Banite Sith Lords were stronger than the Jedi Knights (with the exception of Yoda, Mace Windu).

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keikrosskira said:

@echostarlord117: I agree with everything you say except the Saber forms. Sith themselves can learn any of the Saber forms,

Again, this depends on the source you're looking at. According to the Book of Sith, this is the case.

The Jedi teach six forms of lightsaber combat. This is excessive and a waste of time. There is no need for a Sith Lord to study any form that doesn't channel one's aggression. A battle should end quickly. At every moment, one should be assessing the ways to dispatch one's opponent — select the most direct method.

There are two key forms of lightsaber combat a Sith must master: Strong style and Fast style.

Star Wars: Book of Sith

Strong style is Form V, and includes both Djem So and Shien. Fast style is Ataru, although it specifies in the book that Form IV isn't as common among Sith as Form V is. It later states that Juyo is also taught, but is rare due to it's difficulty.

in fact till Windu made Vapaad form 7 was mostly just used by Sith so they actually had the advantage in saber forms for many years.

Why would knowing Form VII give you an advantage? Form VII is just as vulnerable as any other lightsaber form. In fact, it has an inherent weakness against multiple opponents and Form VI.

Also, the Jedi did have unrestricted access to Form VII during the Old Republic era. It was still relatively rare among Jedi because of it's difficulty to master, but the same was true for the Sith.

Yes i do agree Sith usually only use the aggressive forms, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't of been taught the others.

I never said they couldn't. This is obviously not true seeing as some Sith even before the Clone Wars era knew more than just Juyo, Ataru, and Djem So.

For example Exar Kun used form VI,

He was a Jedi, though.

Bane taught Zannah form III,

Once again, just because it was common for Sith to only know offensive lightsaber styles doesn't mean there aren't Sith that decide to study the other forms.

By the way, the quote I mentioned earlier was written by Bane. He was most certainly another exception.

but also look at Sidious he has mastered all 7 forms,

I should probably say that the Sith's restriction of lightsaber fighting styles seemed to have been basically eradicated by the time of Sidious and Plagueis. Once the Sith became less warmongering and more political, they didn't seem to care what lightsaber form you decide to study. Perhaps they figured out the strength of having a varied arsenal.

and the Jar'Kai sub variants of the forms.

I guess I didn't specify seeing as I didn't think it'd be necessary, but Jar'Kai was definitely not restricted among Sith. There're plenty of Sith that duel wield.

So Jedi actually for many years had less variety available to them, if only by one. Its just that most Jedi used the variety of the different forms more then Sith did usually do to the Sith nature of agressiveness.

Nah.

There was a time, though, that the Sith had something the Jedi didn't in terms of lightsaber combat and that was the double-bladed lightsaber. That slight advantage didn't last long, obviously, since Jedi have used double-bladed lightsabers since well before Revan's time.

Trying to mix them will only dilute the results (unless you're being penned by Drew Karpyshyn/Bioware).

That's what I always thought, but I guess it's just über cool to be a Force user that uses Light and Dark powers.

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KeiKrossKira

@echostarlord117:

The Jedi teach six forms of lightsaber combat. This is excessive and a waste of time. There is no need for a Sith Lord to study any form that doesn't channel one's aggression. A battle should end quickly. At every moment, one should be assessing the ways to dispatch one's opponent — select the most direct method.

There are two key forms of lightsaber combat a Sith must master: Strong style and Fast style.

Star Wars: Book of Sith

It doesn't say that they only taught those forms. Its just an opinion on what should be taught. No where does it state that "only those forms are taught", and if it was from Bane then it just proves its opinion cause Kas'im knew and taught all forms except form IV Jar'Kai

Why would knowing Form VII give you an advantage? Form VII is just as vulnerable as any other lightsaber form. In fact, it has an inherent weakness against multiple opponents and Form VI.

Form VII is allot like VI in its a mixture of different forms. VII is just more focused on saber aggression not force aggression, also much like VI if someone actually takes the time to truly master the form they themselves can surpass the weaknesses of it. If someone is actually going to try and use VI or VII in my opinion it shouldn't be done lightly and should not be used until you have truly mastered the forms. As far as dueling multiple opponents yes most forms are weak to that actually. It just depends on who you are fighting. If you are fighting 2-3 people that are just as skilled as you it doesn't matter what style you use you are probably gonna be screwed. It all comes down to mastery

Also, the Jedi did have unrestricted access to Form VII during the Old Republic era. It was still relatively rare among Jedi because of it's difficulty to master, but the same was true for the Sith.

Yes true at one point, but later Jedi didn't use it cause the mindset it usually brought to using it, and honestly i feel VI should of been the same way. Most Jedi that use VI give it a bad name. In my eyes its the best form, because if you were to actually take the time to master it, it would have many benefits of other forms plus give you a huge advantage of using force abilities without pause.

I guess I didn't specify seeing as I didn't think it'd be necessary, but Jar'Kai was definitely not restricted among Sith. There're plenty of Sith that duel wield.

I never said Jar'Kai was restricted. I said that Sidious knew all forms and the Jar'Kai Variants.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Azronger

@ffp: Because dying is a part of nature, according to the Jedi. Forcing your will on nature is evil.

Bullshit, I say.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As you've said it yourself, true jedi always restrain themselves of their power, they neglect their potential for the sake of being morally right by their own standards, and that really is the one and only reason why's the dark side more effective and thus more powerful. I mean, it's always that one average sith takes with himself a few jedi, not because more gifted children in the force are born in the northern parts of the galaxy, but because jedi are never really properly taught how to complete results with maximum effect and how to deal with their opponents quickly and effectively rather than endangering their own lives and lives of the others due to such dedication to that philosophy of theirs.

I believe that it was very much answered and very well portrayed in TCW tv show, where we could see daughter (the one who represents the lights side) and the son (the one who represents the dark side) fighting eachother, and both beings were equally powerful because father was still alive to keep the balance in the force. Son was an opportunist, his power maximally served him, and he was ready to do anything and everything to reach his goal. Whilst his sister was so sad because of her brothers actions, was incompetent to do anything that is to harm him in any way, and felt such a pity for her brother that she wasn't even able to oppose him properly, she was ragdolled by him. We saw who won in a fight against the dark and the light side. And there is irony in a jedi code and jedi philosophy as a whole, that comes from none else but the sole representative, the sole core of the light side, the Daughter. She felt such pity and shame for her enemy, his anger and hate made him stronger and in the same time weakened her, that emotions, THE EMOTIONS, the very thing that jedi order seeks to remove and tame, gotten into her way and eventually got her killed. Sith use their emotions as their allies, use force as tool while jedi appreciate the life of every being, and that sole act leads to pitty and sorrow for your enemy, which is an emotion, which ironically leads to the dark side.

If jedi were to take some action actually, if they weren't to constantly restrain themselves and blindly follow their philosophy, if they were to think rationally and globally they could've destroyed Sith long ago and could've saved trillions of lives and spare the galaxy of hundreds of wars. If Yoda was not to restrain himself in his fight against Sidious, he could've won, but he rather decided to follow his philosophy even at the cost of victory, which later led to the massive genocide of billions of alliens and destruction and devastation of hundreds of planets and dictatorship without freedom of speech, but no Yoda selfishly followed his code instead of making sacrifice. Obi-Wan selfishly left Vader to his own fate, he could've ended it, saved thousands of lives, weakened the Empire but he decided that he is rather going to let Anakin survive to his own fate. Their code makes them selfish, arrogant and blind.

I believe that the history showed so many times which side is more effective and powerful. Besides the fight of Son and the Daughter we saw jedi order which vastly outnumbered sith getting weakened, torn apart and destroyed so many times. From Exar-Kun to Malak and Revan to Traya to Vitiate to Sidious to Krayt. So many times have few sith dominated against all odds against jedi who all just left jedi order in catastrophic position. So yes, i would say that the dark side is not more powerful, but surely more effective.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonewanderer23: Nice post, but I disagree about Yoda. He had no chance of winning and this is pretty clear.And obi-wan killing Vader wouldn't make a difference. Actually, it would. Palpatine would probably rule forever, since there would be no Vader to kill him.

@azronger: Even if the victim was brutally and unfairly murdered? I call bullshit too. They use healing and healing is almost the same as this only more indirect. One can die from wounds and healing is stopping it.

@i_like_swords: But the Sith can learn any kind of power while the Jedi chose not to. For the hundred time, It's not a matter of which side is more powerful, but which phylosophy. Sith vs. Jedi.

@echostarlord117: Sith can learn any saber form and a lot of them learned all 7. I agree they prefer the agressive ones. But the point is that they can learn, while if a Jedi, like Anakin, asked to learn midichlorian manipulation to the council instead of learning from Sidious, the council would probably deny and punish/keep an eye on him.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp: Yeah, if someone is beyond conventional healing abilities, he/she should be allowed to die. That's the Jedi mentality.

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp said:

@echostarlord117: Sith can learn any saber form and a lot of them learned all 7.

I never denied this.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

much to learn you still have.

Loading Video...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi do not seek power - they seek enlightenment and oneness with the Force. Sith do seek power.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I see. The problem is, why can't the Jedi seek both. And actually, the more powerful and more powers you learn, more you know about the Force and gets to merge with it.

Also, this is bullshit, Jedis do seek power, even if they don't claim this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@ffp: No, they seek knowledge, which leads to enlightenment. They do not seek power because the theme in SW is that Force power invariably corrupts. Every Jedi who seeks more power than his natural potential and growth rate would allow falls to the dark side. Jedi who are tempted by the lure of more knowledge or more power fall to the dark side. Merging with the Force is not a measure of Force power, it's an indication that you've learned the technique. Mace was stronger than Qui-Gon, yet he never became a Force Ghost where Qui-Gon did. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule, but that's just what they are - exceptions.

Jedi are interested in learning, and at a natural rate. Sith are interested in frantically gathering as much knowledge and growing in power, and at an unnatural rate at that. That's the main thing that distinguishes them. You can define "power" in a myriad of ways, but the general idea is that Jedi do not make it their quest to seek power. That's what Sith do.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Fair enough. And that's exactly why Sith do learn a lot more powers than Jedi.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LoneWanderer23

And that is why the grey jedi and Revans philosophy make most of the sense in my opinion. We should seek balance for everything in life, jedi are too good and too humble both for their own sake and for the sake of their environment, also too fatuously loyal to their code whilst sith live too quickly and very unhealthy and their minds and souls are never truly at peace, never truly at rest, even when they die. I say balance in everything.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonewanderer23: Agree. But not all Siths are extreme like that. I have the impression that Plagueis wasn't so full of hate and unhealthy habits.

Also, which Revan are you refering to? Darth? Reborn? Foundry? Remember that he wanted to kill around 99% of the Empire population just because.I feel that Darth Revan was the best time of Revan.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HighAccuser

Yes. Sharing two power and getting stronger over the years, generally trumps Jedi who regress in stature, power, and expend their force abilities all across the galaxy in the thousands.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp: Reborn Revan, the one that had his memory wiped out by the jedi council. He constantly preached about the balance, and how his biggest strength and advantage over his opponents is the fact that he knows both the dark and the light side.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonewanderer23: Not actually. Revan with memory wiped was light sided, and it's hard to define what powers he actually knew, since this deppends on the player, but his phylosophy was more of a light side, but considering emotions.

There wasn't that seek for new powers that darksiders have, nor the view of the Force as a tool, as long as I remember.

And Revan Reborn is Revan after he got his memory back for the second time (completely restored).

I think as a Darth that he still wanted a better life for all in the galaxy, he wanted to conquer the republic to fight agains the sith. He didn't even destroyed strategic planets of the republic with that in mind. As for powers, I think he was more dark as a Darth, though.

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffp: Not actually. Revan with memory wiped was light sided, and it's hard to define what powers he actually knew, since this deppends on the player,

I think we've got a wrong Revan, i am talking about Revan from 2011 book, when he got captured by Scourge and Nyriss, even before he knew of Emperors existence and few years after a game,when he is married with Bastila and they are having 3 years old son. i was not talking about the game. Because Revan pointed out few times in a book that he knew both sides very well, and that he cosidered that to be his advantage over his opponents, or something similar like that. I can give you quotes if you'd like. But really, we've got off road from the subject now, lol.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonewanderer23: Lol, yeah. I thought it was Kotor end Revan because you said the mind wiping think. This one you're talking about I agree that was more balanced, but he lacked the "getting more powerful" thing the Sith had. BUt he definitely was the more balanced character we had. Also, he already knew about the emperor when he was imprisioned by Scourge.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By darthbane77

It all depends on the context, the Sith are more powerful in the traditional sense, having more destructive and combat effective abilities; but the Jedi are wiser and more level headed.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ViperSixteen

Kind of, but only short term. Sith are basically crazy drug addicts with anger management issues due to Dark Side Degradation which deteriates their bodies. I know you said this isn't about which side of the Force is strong (each have their pros and cons), but Dark Side Degradation is a condition that has been seen in almost every Sith, particularly the ones who deeply immerse themselves in the Dark Side.

And the reason why Sith seem to be superior to Jedi is can easily be answered. During the time period of the Rule of Two Sith who were dormant, they chose their apprentices very carefully, mainly ones who were prodigies to continue the Rule of Two with each generation of Sith becoming stronger. Sith don't just choose random people to be trained as Force users, they only choose prodigies. The Jedi however, choose random people who don't have much potential, they'll choose prodigies at times, but they'll also chose weak links and fodder who don't have much potential. The Sith during the Rule of Two era were not like that, they only chose people who could surpass them in order to make each generation of Sith to become stronger.

That's my answer to why Sith constantly seem to be superior.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: You still don't get the concept of the topic. It's not individuals being superior, but their teaching, their phylosophy: of always trying to learn more Force techniques and getting more power.

If I remember correctly, here is a list of Darths that didn't show any degradation, at least nothing strong: Tyranus, Maul, Bane, Plagueis, Malak, Revan, Traya, Malgus. I'm sure there are more, but those are enough. They only had some pale skin and yellow eyes. Even Sidious only got his deformation because of the lightning reflected by Windu and after when he was almost century old.