???
???

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked his relationship with MJ over Gwen. How he tried to keep her out of danger by sacrificing what he wanted with her where as with Gwen he was all too eager to tell her who he was. Very immature and reckless. Also I think Green Goblin was way better. Even Harry was better. The friendship between Peter and Harry meant something and his transformation and betrayal was more emotional than in asm2. Finally the moment when he sees the face of the man who killed uncle Ben and the resolution there verses never seeing him again in asm

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Outside of having JJJ, nothing.

It was literally the same movie 3 times in a row. Peter feels good. Peter feels bad. Peter has some kind of epiphany to feel good again. At some point MJ gets captured by the bad guy and needs to be saved. roll credits

Those movies are put on a pedestal "because they were first". They weren't that good. Don't even get me started on how horrible the 3 main characters were.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh... Not much for me. I'm not really a fan of the trilogy.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Pretty much this, and the same will they won't they crap was also getting very old by the 3rd one

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the spider bites Peter in the hand

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By silent_bomber
  • Jonah Jameson
  • Aunt May
  • Plot structure (the scenes and acts generally flow better as the movies progress)

I personally do like the new movies better, but sometimes their story progression feels a bit irregular, like they have disparate scenes sewn together to make the whole, as opposed to a proper structure where each scene leads into and impacts the next.

comicnerd78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Raimi movies were better edited and were very confident about the story they were trying to tell. Webb's movies seem very unsure, like they shot a bunch of stuff and edited it together to see what worked.

Overall a mix of the characters and more "realistic" and alive world of Webb's movies with the confidences of the Raimi movies and it would be an ideal Spiderman.

Gigantonigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't as much "what did the Raimi Movies better" than "What did the Webb Movies to fuck up"

The movies of the Raimi trilogy were very simple, filled with good actors for their villains and easy plots. They played safe. Maybe that's, what they did better.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was literally the same movie 3 times in a row. Peter feels good. Peter feels bad. Peter has some kind of epiphany to feel good again. At some point MJ gets captured by the bad guy and needs to be saved. roll credits

Those movies are put on a pedestal "because they were first". They weren't that good. Don't even get me started on how horrible the 3 main characters were.

doesn't that happen in every movie when you think about it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

Absolutely, 100%, THIS!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@christianrapper: in the ASM movies Gwen was instrumental in the defeat of both villsins. She wasn't just the damsel in distress

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Parker himself, the relationship with Aunt May, the relationship with Uncle Ben and what he means to Peter, Peter's guilt complex, the powers, the fun of being Spider-Man, the web-slinging, the villains, especially Harry, the love story (at least in 1 and 2), most definitely Parker luck, the Bugle, the story, the feel and tone of the comics, great responsibility, the fight scenes, Peter thinking on his feet and taking advantage of his environment to get out of bad situations, and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The origin story was closer to the comics.

The villains were better

J Jonah Jameson

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Everything was pretty much better.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've got two words for everyone: Bruce. Campbell.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Catty_Spider1

@kcomicfan: Not really.

In the first film the Wrestling company producer cheats Peter of money but in the comics he doesn't. In fact afterwards Peter goes back to work for him .

In the film he allows the guy who killed Uncle Ben to die whereas in the comic he saves him.

Rami also retcons that by the 3rd film to being the Sandman. Which also means the guy he let die didn't kill his uncle either oops !

Eddie Brock/Gwen Stacey/Mary Jane are all vastly different characters.

Doc Ock is actually written better and more sympathetically in the film whereas in the early comics he's basically a deranged Nazi scientist cliche but he is still different.

We haven't even got to what he was going to do for number 4 apparently Black cat was going to be the Vulturess .... Nuff said

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kcomicfan: Not really.

In the first film the Wrestling company producer cheats Peter of money but in the comics he doesn't. In fact afterwards Peter goes back to work for him .

In the film he allows the guy who killed Uncle Ben to die whereas in the comic he saves him.

Rami also retcons that by the 3rd film to being the Sandman. Which also means the guy he let die didn't kill his uncle either oops !

Eddie Brock/Gwen Stacey/Mary Jane are all vastly different characters.

Doc Ock is actually written better and more sympathetically in the film whereas in the early comics he's basically a deranged Nazi scientist cliche but he is still different.

We haven't even got to what he was going to do for number 4 apparently Black cat was going to be the Vulturess .... Nuff said

I did not say that the Spider-man trilogy is spot on to the comics. My point was the Spider-man trilogy was closer to the comics then the two Amazing Spider-man films.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy... Raimi don't make power ranger Spider-man !!!

MrBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrBleu

Apart from everything?

The only thing the Webb films did better was the love interest, off the top of my head. I still wonder how Raimi let Mary Jane be so godawful when everything else was great.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catty_spider1:

Let's not forget they written Peter differently in the films

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: Agreed but they shouldn't have to write him that differently though. Peter would never stand and watch somone fall to there death. That's just not who he is but apparently according to Raimi he is!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MarvelMan92

@catty_spider1:

I meant they shouldn't have to take his nerdiness too far.