Spider-Man (Insomniac game) discussion.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

So this is the place where we can post news about the game, and of course discuss everything around it.

The first trailer :

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Developer interview.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I might actually save up to buy a ps4 for this and injustice 2.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Very very excited and happy about this. Although the costume...

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can dig it

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as the developers have stated this is an experienced Peter in his prime, does anyone have any ideas or preferences over which era of Peter this will be based in (i.e Daily Bugle, Horizon Labs or Parker Industries?)

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@spideyjj said:

Seeing as the developers have stated this is an experienced Peter in his prime, does anyone have any ideas or preferences over which era of Peter this will be based in (i.e Daily Bugle, Horizon Labs or Parker Industries?)

Bugle era if we're lucky.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped as all Hell. Wonder who the main antagonist will be.

I'm guessing that it will be very crime boss heavy.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: I heard somewhere it was supposed to be mr. negative

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parker Industries would rock, Spidey would be Batman with tons of spidey gadgets or new battle suits but as a webslinging daredevil and more smart assed.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me, or does that costume seem like a modified version of the Captain America: Civil War costume?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how much of that trailer is in game cut scenes and quick time events. I've been burned by trailers before lol. I am hoping this game will be fantastic.

I wish that logo was black though

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zaied

If you look here:

No Caption Provided

You can see an Osborn billboard, so the Goblins could be involved as well.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gamiz7

@zaied: you can also see a street light , so it could be electro

im kinda joking, a person can in the marvel universe would mostly see those signs as very common

i dont think theyre foreshadowing anything

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@zaied: you can also see a street light , so it could be electro

im kinda joking, a person can in the marvel universe would mostly see those signs as very common

i dont think theyre foreshadowing anything

Except Insomniac themselves stated that they purposely put a number of easter eggs in the trailer to give clues about the game's story.

So the fact that we see something pertaining to Norman Osborn in this particular trailer, could suggest that he'll play a role in the story.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am really excited.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: you got me there, but it could also mean other villains connected to oscorp could appear

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldwasher

@zaied: I don't know if an oscorp building means norman will be the main villain but I certainly still hope he will appear in the game

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this game. I hope the final product is just as good as it appears to be.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here are my choices for each character: Cherami Leigh as Gwen Stacy, Ashley Burch as Mary Jane Watson, Todd Haberkorn as Harry Osborn, Rick D Wasserman as The Rhino and Sandman, Steve Blum as Boomerang, Kangeroo, Chameleon, Green Goblin, Morbius, and Doctor Curtis Connors, Maurice LaMarche as Doctor Octopus, Thomas F Wilson as The Shocker, Grey Delisle as Betty Brant, Troy Baker as Mysterio and Tony Stark(recording), Ian Sinclair as Electro and Scorpion, Dave Fennoy as Robbie Robertson, Josh Lebur as Flash Thompson, Fred Tatasciore as Crusher Hogan, JK Simmons or Fred Tatasciore as J Jonah Jameson, James Arnold Taylor as Clash, Matthew Mercer as Matt Murdock(recording) , Caitlin Glass as Liz Allen , Kari Walhgren as The White Rabbit, Jameson Price as The Kingpin, Robin Atkin Downes as The Owl and Beetle , Elizabeth Maxwell as Felicia Hardy, Dwight Schultz as The Vulture, John Dimaggio as Hammerhead , and Travis Willingham as Mountain Man Marco.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@spideyjj: I doubt it is Parker Industries since it is so new and still current, but I'm hoping it would be Horizon Labs. It is a better fit than the Bugle both story wise for Peter, and gameplay wise - instead of having a mostly boring camera system, we can have a crafting system in game where Peter can upgrade tech, build better costumes, build gadgets, etc. This could even tie into a system with Peter having to balance his civilian and hero lives - concentrating on work to gain resources/cash to build gadgets improves Spider-Man's raw power (through better suits) and gives him new gadgets to use, while concentrating more on fighting crime improves your skill level and you gain access to better combo moves. It could also help to have a light resource management system for gadgets at Horizon - you can only build the gadgets you can afford, and have the materials for. You can gain money by building inventions for Horizon (inventions for Horizon get you cash, while inventions for Spidey cost money) or taking pictures for the Bugle as a side job. You gain resources by buying them, inventing them (so basically past gadgets you invented for either Spider-Man or Horizon), and sometimes from deconstructing/analyzing some villain tech. That would be a great system! What suggests this to me is the seemingly somewhat teched out suit in the trailer.

Another cool system I thought of would be online multiplayer battles (1v1, or small team vs small team) where you play as a Spidey with all the stats/gadgets/moves you have in game. It would be based on Spider-Verse, so whenever you start a match, you can play as one of a set pool of alternate Spidey's (except the original, since everyone would want to be him). There can only be one of each per match to preserve immersion. And each different Spidey would have bonuses/losses. For example, Spider-Man 2099 might have extra damage (claws) but less speed (no spider sense), or Miles Morales would have slightly reduced overall stats but have ranged Venom blast in addition to webs, for example.

Anyways, as excited as I am, I won't be playing this game. Why did they have to make it a freaking PS4 exclusive? If they had to choose one system to make it exclusive on, they should have chosen PC (yes, because I play PC :P). Now there's both uncharted 4 (it looks even better than Uncharted 2 - my absolute favourite game on my PS3) AND Spider-Man that I'm missing.... :(

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher:

@zaied: I don't know if an oscorp building means norman will be the main villain but I certainly still hope he will appear in the game

i doubt it. however i believe we'll get several live broadcasts as him as a senator of New York .

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks beautiful and gorgeous...

But that costume...I still can't dig it

It's not ugly, i just find it weird.

Still, i'm pretty sure the game will have tons of costumes for Spidey, so that's not really a problem

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MarvelMan92

you think we'll see this soon ? :

No Caption Provided

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Norman is running for mayor do you guys think we might see a Dark Reign Side Story with any members of the Thunderbolts? if so then here are my choices for each of the members:

Scarlet Spider- Mac Gargan

Songbird

Moonstone

Electro

Beetle-Abe Jenkins

Blizzard

Atlas

Black Widow-Yelena Belova

Executioner

Whiplash

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: I certainly like your idea about Horizon Labs. And I'm not sure if it appeared anywhere else, but Horizon Labs did already appear in a game, Marvel Lego! As much as I'd like it tho they will probably stick to the photographer job... Which I'm also fine with, I just like this idea better.

I'll be able to play it, luckily I bought a PS4 instead of a Xbox. lol But still... Making it an exclusive doesn't seem a very wise choice.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I really like your ideas mate. Hopefully we get something similar in the game

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good so far. Interesting design for the costume. I dig it.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: was Norman ever a senator of new York? I know he ran SHIELD for a time and turned it into HAMMER while he was running the dark avengers but was he also a senator during that time?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any guess to when it will be out?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: I'll take your word for it because I haven't a lot of stuff from that time.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for this game to come out.

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad it'll be a PS4 exclusive. I would have loved to play it, but I'm not going to spend that much money.

It really sucks for us PC players, but oh well. I guess I'll watch a playthrough of it on YouTube or something.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By clonesaga2099

Parker Industries won't be happening. It's way too drastic a change. Most people don't read the comics, so non-comic readers would be really confused about how he got a company and then you have to tell them all about Superior, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms that doesn't need opening.

We're getting a Daily Bugle era, but since it's a veteran Spider-Man we will have a whole lot of his rouges gallery showing up which might be fun. Though they might let you get into Horizon Labs in the game, but who knows.

As long as they don't try to copy the Batman Arkham Combat, and give Spider-Man something frantic and fun, and give him some great web swinging mechanics and manage to make the city immersive and fun then everything will be just fine.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ultimate_Knight
Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parker Industries won't be happening. It's way too drastic a change. Most people don't read the comics, so non-comic readers would be really confused about how he got a company and then you have to tell them all about Superior, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms that doesn't need opening.

We're getting a Daily Bugle era, but since it's a veteran Spider-Man we will have a whole lot of his rouges gallery showing up which might be fun. Though they might let you get into Horizon Labs in the game, but who knows.

As long as they don't try to copy the Batman Arkham Combat, and give Spider-Man something frantic and fun, and give him some great web swinging mechanics and manage to make the city immersive and fun then everything will be just fine.

I don't think people would care, it's Spider-Man. As long he keeps web slinging and beating up people with anime king fu, people will take anything with any gimmick he has now. As long as it doesn't distract from the classic spider-man experience he's known for.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Norman Osborn please!

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Because I'm a Spider-Fanboy and have played nearly every Spidey game to exist since the original PS1 game I'm gonna get this if only to satisfy my Web-Swinging addiction and because of Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke Uchiha, Teen Ben Tennyson, Yousuke Homura and Persona 3 Protagonist) as Spidey.

Gotta say, not really digging the costume. Its not a deal breaker but I think it looks like an ugly hodge podge of the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume and the classic Black Suit (That over sized white spider is what does it for me). I appreciate the effort of trying to make something new but for me I think they over did it a bit and I'll just be looking for the more classic costume they're sure to include either as an unlockable or in DLC.

Personally I hope they go with classic Daily Bugle era and do something like Okami and Persona 3 where fighting only nets you money to buy things like health upgrades and replenishers (health doesn't regenerate) and true character growth comes from interacting with Spidey's famed supporting cast (interact with MJ/Flash/Aunt May/JJ and gain a point to get the next cool combat move/alt costume). Also I really hope they go with a more fast paced Bayonetta-style combat system vs. the Batman Arkham freeflow system they've been using (IMO freeflow is too restrictive for Spidey).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riscrit said:

@animehunter said:

Spider-Man PS4 First Details on Story Elements & Timeline

Sounds good so far. Possibly playing as Peter Parker himself would be great. With Spider-Man: Homecoming and this amazing-looking game being released next year, 2017 is (hopefully) shaping up to be a great year for Spidey.

Unfortunately, we don't know when it'll come out, but it's gonna be good.

If you're a gamer, you undertsand that Insomniac and Spider-Man is a winning combo.

And if you have an indipendent story, and a Universe in making, you're on a very good road.

Petition to port Spider-Man game to Xbox One and PC

Another Fan Art of the suit.

No Caption Provided

Source

(The costume looks better when other artists usually draw it in my point of view)

Won't happen.

@zaied said:
@oldwasher said:

If you look here:

No Caption Provided

You can see an Osborn billboard, so the Goblins could be involved as well.

That absolutely doesn't mean that Mr.Negative is not in the story.....they're clearly Negative's Demons, we see.....

It just happens that Norman is running for Mayor ;)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parker Industries would rock, Spidey would be Batman with tons of spidey gadgets or new battle suits but as a webslinging daredevil and more smart assed.

This might be the case, cuz the suit is pretty advanced...

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17: Nuts. Xbox One and PC users, you have my sympathy.

A Peter Parker that works on Horizon Labs? Sure, might be easier to grasp than a Peter Parker being a billionaire CEO, but both can be done.

You never know...the game's writer could write a better billionaire CEO Peter Parker than Dan Slott, that is if Dan Slott is not writing the game's story and characters.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Peter Parker that works on Horizon Labs? Sure, might be easier to grasp than a Peter Parker being a billionaire CEO, but both can be done.

Well, yeah.
Anyway, either of those (Horizon or PI) cuz i can't imagine a 25 year old Peter accepting suits from Tony Stark.....because again, the Spidey-suit is pretty advanced.

You never know...the game's writer could write a better billionaire CEO Peter Parker than Dan Slott, that is if Dan Slott is not writing the game's story and characters.

That'll dissapoint me, to a massive degree.....
I hope they're writing the game themselves, or got Peter David or something...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

That absolutely doesn't mean that Mr.Negative is not in the story.....they're clearly Negative's Demons, we see.....

....Where did I say Mr. Negative wouldn't be in the story?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:
@Elbarto17 said:

@zaied said:

....Where did I say Mr. Negative wouldn't be in the story?

Never said you didn't, just added my thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Expect Any Of Marvel's Upcoming Video Games To Be Set In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

"When we tell people that they aren’t just building a movie game, that opens up their eyes. “You mean we have the freedom to invest and deliver the title that we want to deliver?” They don’t have to meet some artificial date. We give them time. We initiate projects far earlier than we used to."

"The future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac. With [regard to] other console partners, stay tuned. There’s many more interesting additional things to come. But Activision is in the past, with regards to Spider-Man."

HELL YEAH!

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17 said:

Unfortunately, we don't know when it'll come out, but it's gonna be good.

If you're a gamer, you understand that Insomniac and Spider-Man is a winning combo.

My bad, I assumed it was coming out in 2017.

Not much of a gamer here, but I'll definitely be checking the game out when it is released!

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when do you think the game is coming out?

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully we get a lot of cameos. The way the MCU has been going this and future marvel games can seriously be huge cash cows.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama: In the trailer, Pete said the lives on 9 million people rest on his shoulders, no-one else's. So, there probably won't be any other heroes.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izamanaick:

@chris-sama: In the trailer, Pete said the lives on 9 million people rest on his shoulders, no-one else's. So, there probably won't be any other heroes.

ny characters have said that. i believe we might expect a few marvel heroes and possibly some few other villains in this game. we might expect taskmaster or even bullseye.