• 55 results
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

A new video trailer for Spider-man: Family Business OGN out May/April 2014, show what his sister looks like.

Her Name: Teresa Parker

Teresa Parker
Teresa Parker

Here's what they say:

Spinning out of the top-selling Marvel NOW! sensation “Superior Spider-Man”, Eisner Award Winning writers Mark Waid (Daredevil, Kingdom Come), James Robinson (Starman) and international superstar artist Gabriele Dell’otto (Secret War) take the world’s greatest super hero on a globetrotting adventure like never before in Spider-Man: Family Business – hitting stores worldwide in April 2014! Someone has Spider-Man in their crosshairs and there’s only one person in the Marvel Universe who can save him…Peter Parker’s secret sister! As the web-slinger faces his darkest hour, will she end up becoming his greatest ally…or the one who damns him? This all-new, fully painted, original graphic novel marks the second offering in Marvel’s all new original graphic novel line, featuring the world’s most popular super heroes brought to life by the best creators and debuts in a high-end, oversized format featuring sophisticated packaging and design.

Spider-Man’s life is full of deadly twists and turns, and when his greatest surprise is not only related to him but his sister, Spider-Man’s world is turned upside down! Who is this mysterious member of the Parker family, and can she be the ally Spider-Man desperately needs while the Kingpin is organizing the greatest global crime syndicate in the history of the Marvel Universe?! Thrust from the comforts of New York City and into the terrors of international crime, Spider-Man faces one of his greatest challenges yet.

"This is a blast.” said Waid. “Adding new elements to the Spider-Man mythos, redefining the Kingpin, and doing it all in partnership with one of the medium's best and most celebrated writers. What's not to be excited about?”

“This is a truly unique moment in the life and career of Spider-Man and I'm honored to be a part of the team that gets to tell it,” added Robinson. “It's been a blast working and collaborating with Mark, Gabriele, and editor Stephen Wacker. There is no amount of thanks or excitement that can truly measure the scope of the opportunity!”

ALSO, it takes place before The Amazing Spider-Man #700 and whether or not it's canon they're not saying.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You know, suddenly introducing a character as a relative to a main character no one has ever heard of before is a hall mark of a Mary Sue and almost always gets you yelled at in fanfiction circles.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, suddenly introducing a character as a relative to a main character no one has ever heard of before is a hall mark of a Mary Sue and almost always gets you yelled at in fanfiction circles.

almost ;D

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: When professional writers make bad fanfic level mistakes I start losing interest *very* quickly.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just don't understand how they explain a missing sister that no one

1) Knows about

2) Has the decency to tell Peter about

It's quite curious. I have faith in both these men though.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Given that most mainstreaming superheroes used to be totally different from their gettup, what they have become now could be considered a complete fanfic level mistake :p

daredevil used to look like this

Superman used to have undies

You either agree on every change or don't at all. Go hard or go home.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: A silly look does not compare to pulling someone close to a long established character out of your ass.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

You either agree on every change or don't at all. Go hard or go home.

I disagree with this. You don't have to agree with every change to a character, especially in comics. There's a reason certain stuff doesn't stick.

Not saying Peter's sister will be terrible but keep in mind his parents were brought back before as well. And then they got turned into evil robots or something like that.

Change is not always permanent in fact it rarely is.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1) Knows about

Same here. Art looks fantastic, and I actually enjoy these trailers.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Well the entire DCU got Retconned to a point with the new 52 around and everyone going apeshit about every little detail that has changed from their fav character since, one "itty bitty" thing changes in spideys life and it's "Oh god no! Call the FBI!" :p

@decoyelite: That's precisely why i said you either go with the changes, or don't at all. ;D

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: But there are good changes and bad changes and it's very possible to pick and choose.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: A reboot is not the same as pulling a character closely tied to the protagonist's back story without rhyme, reason or a bit of warning or build up.

But I can already tell you're one of those "positivists" who tries futilely to see the silver lining in everything because using your brain to see with a critical eye is too hard.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Good_Loser

@guardian_of_gravity: You don't even know how it will be implemented "yet" :o

Oh and P.S.: I'm one of those people who like to agitate you and give you gray hair :p (warlock)

@decoyelite: That's like being a fussy eater :p

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: Well I am a fussy eater and an even more fussy reader. :P

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

so wait... are they bringing back peter then? :|

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: I don't need to know how it will be implemented to already have a low opinion of it.

Mindlessly thinking everything will be alright let Hitler reach power.

Oh wait, too soon? Too bad.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"What!? Peter has bed hair in this panel can't have that! Call Joe Quesada!" :D

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By angelalfonso

If it happens before dying wish, why is the logo written in the frisking inferior style?

No Caption Provided

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite said:

"What!? Peter has bed hair in this panel can't have that! Call Joe Quesada!" :D

Hey messy hair is one step away from showing Shocker with electric powers. Gotta nip it in the bud! :V

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but not right now. This story will be set in the past.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: So you're admitting your opinion "could" be raised if done correctly?

@tektheninja: Wanna bet his sister turns out to be him in a Loki-style rebirth xD

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By animehunter

@tektheninja said:

This OGN is set before all this Superior thing happened and a bit before 700, so that's still up in the air.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it happens before dying wish, why is the logo written in the frisking inferior style?

No Caption Provided

Because they're trying to push that as the new style for Spider-titles.
Personally I don't like it, looks too busy.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: What, with the average quality of comic books? Hah.

It'll likely just be soap opera style schlock.

Entertaining in a sense, but from a literary standpoint utterly mediocre.

Do I sound like an elitist? Yes, I am.

The Comic Book industry has throughout it's history been almost 90% literary schlock because Comic fans keep on buying things in hopes they'll get better and thus encouraging them to print out more dime a dozen literature rather than try to raise their standards.

The fact that all the money has fled to movies, games, and shows based on comics rather than comics themselves hasn't helped things.

Honestly I think that everyone who hated OMD should have taken Linkara's route and dropped spiderman altogether until it got retconned.

If people were quicker to drop things I think the overall standard of the industry would be much better as comic book company employees would live every day in fear that if they don't bring their A-Game they lose their income.

Sucks for the writers, but I never was much for corporate rights.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: And still you see titles getting dropped left and right :D (which is pretty sad for the most part, because they consist of second list characters you really like to see)

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: I mean drop even the big name characters.

If there's one bad issue, mass dropping of the entire comic.

Creative team gets fired, new ones come in scared stiff of losing their jobs if they screw up.

If they suck, another mass dropping of the comic, they get the boot.

If the replacements suck, by now no one is left to read the comic, so it's canceled entirely.

Making them worry about having no job if they do less than good is a very good motivator for doing good.

But what about the writers and artists? Ho hum, they should have done better.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mark Waid? I'll read it

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@the_good_loser: I mean drop even the big name characters.

If there's one bad issue, mass dropping of the entire comic.

Creative team gets fired, new ones come in scared stiff of losing their jobs if they screw up.

If they suck, another mass dropping of the comic, they get the boot.

If the replacements suck, by now no one is left to read the comic, so it's canceled entirely.

Making them worry about having no job if they do less than good is a very good motivator for doing good.

But what about the writers and artists? Ho hum, they should have done better.

Who was it badmouthing hitler in a before mentioned post? :p

You need to have something to stick too, something you can identify that character with. Spiderman is a radioactively superpowered hero, with spider'ish powers and web-slingers. That's the standard model surrounding him. If they give and take every bit of him and toss and turn it (which, they have given there are quite a few spider men and women, same for the bats) then you could hardly keep track of who or what the original (or the one you liked) was really like.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds stupid

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: There is no excuse for a lack of talent and skill in entertainment. If you have neither, you have no business being in the industry and should kindly show yourself out the door before polluting people's brains.

I'm all for worker's rights *except* in the Entertainment industry because this isn't a place where there are a million safety checks to curb human error, this is all about the person's abilities and little else. So anyone whose abilities are lacking are making the entire industry worse as a whole.

In my ideal world, guys like Frank Miller and Rob Liefeld would be homeless and begging for money off the street while people like Grant Morrison and Jim Lee would live every day in stark terror of the idea that if they don't do well, even once, they're in the streets.

But hey, you're a positive thinker and a self admitted troll, you can't be very smart.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I still read comics because i enjoy them. I give people a shot, and if they don't do well, let them try again. I am a positive thinker, but it wasn't always like that. Rather, you'll come to realize that the more you ponder and know about the world and everything, the more unsatisfied your life really becomes. I also don't think that "Human Error" is possible with imagination, creativity on the other hand can be lacking.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@animehunter: Dude no offence....i've seen this trailer like months ago....

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: I look at everything with a critical eye and essentially split my opinion into an objective and a subjective one. Revenge of the fallen was an objectively bad movie for example but I enjoy it from time to time for it's so bad it's good factor.

And I've so far enjoyed my life so no, 0/10 on the pseudo-philosophical nonsense, try again.

But so far this new character has already fit two criterea of a Mary sue. She both slots into objective standards of beauty and has very close ties to the main character despite never having been heard of before.

Additionally, it is better to expect everything to suck and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't than to expect everything to be great and forever be disappointed.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spinning out of the top-selling Marvel NOW! sensation “Superior Spider-Man”, Eisner Award Winning writers Mark Waid (Daredevil, Kingdom Come), James Robinson (Starman) and international superstar artist Gabriele Dell’otto (Secret War) take the world’s greatest super hero on a globetrotting adventure like never before in Spider-Man: Family Business – hitting stores worldwide in April 2014! Someone has Spider-Man in their crosshairs and there’s only one person in the Marvel Universe who can save him…Peter Parker’s secret sister! As the web-slinger faces his darkest hour, will she end up becoming his greatest ally…or the one who damns him? This all-new, fully painted, original graphic novel marks the second offering in Marvel’s all new original graphic novel line, featuring the world’s most popular super heroes brought to life by the best creators and debuts in a high-end, oversized format featuring sophisticated packaging and design.

Yes Marvel,he is.....and well done for pointing it out and clearing some peoples' minds,that he lost his touch.....(no names included...)

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: For someone so sure of their opinion you are very overprotective (always was) :p

I liked Transformers since i was a child and pretty much grew up with their toys, seeing any kind of grand movie with "them" (don't give a rats ass about the other characters) gets me hyped. Doesn't matter to me if some reviewer at Rotten Tomatoes starts shooting foam out of his mouth and goes comatose over it.

As i said before, we'll have to see how this plays out. I'm not saying this is a good thing from the get go, but I'm staying "neutral". I can claim to be your long lost brother you never heard of named Hoglan too, truth or not :p

That might be true to some degree. But that only counts from an egocentrical point of view. I value the emotions of others over my own, so i can only expect as much of them as they could from me. And i try and do everything i can do meet that criteria, at least being able to say "I gave it my best". If they say "they did their best", entertainer or not, I'm satisfied.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw the vid again, i get cancer everytime i see something like "#spiderman" at the end of that vid...

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_good_loser: The reason I am belittling you is because you're simply a pseudo-philosophical hipster trying to pretend he's smarter than he actually is, like you have been since day one of your time on the vine, and that kind of behavior isn't subjected to enough shame. Do you count this as a victory for your trolling? I don't care. Am I sorry? No, I'm quite satisfied actually.

Also, your attitude is precisely why people can get away with mediocrity or outright harmfully poor performance. Someone forgets to screw in a bolt too tightly while making an airplane, and the entire thing falls apart in mid air, killing hundreds. If you accept him saying "I did my best" rather than at least having him lose his job and be forced to recompense the families out of his own pocket and then punishing his employers for being even dumber for not overlooking his work, your misguided altruism has leapt right into the category of sociopathy.

Respect is to be earned, not freely given. And so far this "kewl concept" is worthy of precisely none of the respect. If anything it has earned contempt.

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity:

This concept hasn't even been set in motion yet, it can't have respect nor contempt for something that it has or has not done.

You replied to me like 8 times and personally insulted me in 4, that's 50 %, so i take the other 50 % positively :p

I won't even deny acting smarter than i actually am as it probably is mostly the case.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By heroesgold

Hmm, interesting, but at the same time not.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Saw this a while ago on IGN. I was already on board when I saw that Waid was connected with it. Love the art as well.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I wonder what this will be like. I'm also glad it has the real Spider-Man and not his Mary Sue replacement. Though I wonder if this really is his sister or if it's a trick.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really seeing the problem here.

I thought comic writers/editors do this stuff all the time. Thought you comic veterans got used to it by now.

:S

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Waid's Spider-Man is one of the areas he's weakest at and Robinson's had an iffy writing stint recently with Superman, Mon-El and Justice League of America. Add to that the dangers of retconning in a sister for Peter who could be a hit or miss character in the grand scheme of things along with an undefined continuity on this OGN and I think I'll pass on it, instead content to read the reviews, plot synopses and fan reactions online.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

I give 45 issues before the surprise happen. Place your bets people killed, fake or become an enemy. I like to be optimistic but I feel that a pattern is going to be made. I still want to proven me wrong.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PunyParker

Yeah,Waid cant handle Spider-Man properly.....and that's what i'm cincerned about....

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShadowPro

@guardian_of_gravity: @the_good_loser: @arturocalakayvee:

that's the idea, she is missing that's way noe has heard about her and a fan made character can't be compared to a character made by a writter in the actual comic, the fan made character are usually the writter him/herself like hooking up with the character or some kind of crap like that

also who can complain about supe not having his undies outside anyomre?

right, because saying everything is a piece of shit and being cinycal about everuthing is what smart people does, why do I have the feeling you thinmk o youserself as daira?

@angelalfonso said:

No Caption Provided

kinda reminds me of spider island

The Comic Book industry has throughout it's history been almost 90% literary schlock because Comic fans keep on buying things in hopes they'll get better and thus encouraging them to print out more dime a dozen literature rather than try to raise their standards.

The fact that all the money has fled to movies, games, and shows based on comics rather than comics themselves hasn't helped things.

Honestly I think that everyone who hated OMD should have taken Linkara's route and dropped spiderman altogether until it got retconned.

If people were quicker to drop things I think the overall standard of the industry would be much better as comic book company employees would live every day in fear that if they don't bring their A-Game they lose their income.

Sucks for the writers, but I never was much for corporate rights.

exactly, as proven with the constant sells of superior spiderman, the comics is piece of crap people keeps buying it in hope it gets better, and the only decent comic it has is the eam up one and that's because slot is not in the writter

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#50  Edited By Teerack

My god I can't wait for this! So glad they handed this to Waid and not someone like Bendis. After Kingdom Come I've been dieing to see the next big contained Waid story. :3 so excited you /squeal

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@the_good_loser: When professional writers make bad fanfic level mistakes I start losing interest *very* quickly.

You're judging something you haven't read yet based off the fact that all fan fiction is written poorly. :|

1) Knows about

Peter's parents we're super secret shield agents... :V