New To Comics Need Help!

royloyola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey! I want to get into comics and want to read The Amazing Spiderman. I'd just want to know where I should start so I wouldn't get lost. Thanks in Advance!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

You can start with JMS's run,and then.....its when Spidey comics become a bit more mature than before...

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By MrArrogant

You should pick up the "Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time" Collection from Dan Slott, it's not too highly priced for the content you get, and from there you can go on to read stories such a Spider Island, and the rest of Slott's brilliant run. (Yes I'm including Superior Spider-Man, as I actually read the book rather than mindlessly hate it like most of the comic book community)

Avatar image for thegenericmister
thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By thegenericmister

I know its not the book you are looking for but if you want a great starting point for spider-man I'd recommend ultimate it has the best writing out of any spider-man comic.

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I know its not the book you are looking for but if you want a great starting point for spider-man I'd recommend ultimate it has the best writing out of any spider-man comic.

seconded. Especially if you liked the new movie, it's got the same sort of tone.