MCU spidey needs impressive bad guys in his movie

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To fight because his performance in cap america is shameful. He needs more seasoned experience with superhuman people and martial artists because he by far is the sloppiest superhuman in the mcu.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah. I'd like to see him fight against a really powerful Mysterio. Maybe we can have the Tablet of Life and Time (or whatever it is called) in there, considering that Dr. Strange will be out before.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think that the Spider Slayers would make a great threat for Spider-Man to get into the swing of things. They're tough early villains and will force him to get good or get slain. As far as we know MCU Spider-Man has only fought people without powers so that was a huge difficulty spike. Spider Slayers can serve to give him a sort of learning curve as he preps for powered villain fights. Also Spider Slayers can be brought back later when he can easily trounce them, which would show just how much he's growing as a super hero.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clonesaga2099

@ready_4_madness: Yeah you're right about that. I was kinda bummed when I saw him losing, but that's because I was judging him against all the other appearances. (Comics, cartoons, and movies) When I stopped and remembered this is probably his first "super" fight it's easier to understand. Besides it's not like he was hopelessly out classed, he held his own pretty well. It's kinda like going from easy mode to hard mode in a game, if you've only been playing easy then you are going to struggle a bit when you first make the jump to hard.Spider-Man easily mops the floor with common muggers, so he hasn't really had the need to experiment with his powers and get good.

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonesaga2099 said:

I was kinda bummed when I saw him losing, but that's because I was judging him against all the other appearances. (Comics, cartoons, and movies) When I stopped and remembered this is probably his first "super" fight it's easier to understand. Besides it's not like he was hopelessly out classed, he held his own pretty well. It's kinda like going from easy mode to hard mode in a game, if you've only been playing easy then you are going to struggle a bit when you first make the jump to hard. Spider-Man easily mops the floor with common muggers, so he hasn't really had the need to experiment with his powers and get good.

Exactly. To add on, he wasn't a hundred percent serious in the fight to begin with, so it's still a feat for him to take on Falcon and the Winter Soldier simultaneously. Besides, he makes up for his inexperience with his quick-thinking skills when taking down the giant Ant-Man. It was also pretty cool to see him support the weight of a jet bridge; you don't see Cap accomplishing something like that.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riscrit: Yea because Helicopters are too light.

Spidey only lost to Scott and no one else

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I'd like to see him fight against a really powerful Mysterio. Maybe we can have the Tablet of Life and Time (or whatever it is called) in there, considering that Dr. Strange will be out before.

Mysterio is weak and can't beat Spider-man with equal physical prowess, Spidey needs someone like Venom or Kraven someone who can keep up with him and take his blows. He needs someone like the Winter Solider to Cap but has super powers and fighting skills.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@blackspidey2099 said:

Mysterio is weak and can't beat Spider-man with equal physical prowess, Spidey needs someone like Venom or Kraven someone who can keep up with him and take his blows. He needs someone like the Winter Solider to Cap but has super powers and fighting skills.

lel Kraven's no match unless he's drinking potions that grants him strength.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want a physical villian then the scorpion is the best choice

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: Yeah, Kraven's weak sauce. I'd like to see either Mysterio for pure cool factor and to showcase Spider-Man's intelligence (building some tech to take him down in the final battle) or Scorpion to see the quintessential Spider-Man taking a beating and never giving up, then pulling off some crazy strength feats (first fight, scorpion is trouncing him, and Peter gets battered till he pushes himself and wins, then scorpion gets enhancements, like the tail, and Peter gets badly beaten, so he then builds his own tech to win the final battle).

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Bucky and falcon could do nothing but have him thrown out the window.

He was beating Cap for the most part all he did was just drop the thing on him

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By The_Waffle

@blackspidey2099 said:

@the_waffle: Yeah, Kraven's weak sauce. I'd like to see either Mysterio for pure cool factor and to showcase Spider-Man's intelligence (building some tech to take him down in the final battle) or Scorpion to see the quintessential Spider-Man taking a beating and never giving up, then pulling off some crazy strength feats (first fight, scorpion is trouncing him, and Peter gets battered till he pushes himself and wins, then scorpion gets enhancements, like the tail, and Peter gets badly beaten, so he then builds his own tech to win the final battle).

Yeah he's weak as haha, Mysterio would be fun to watch. I'd like to see Scorpion, only criticism he might get from people are that he's too similar to the hero like Iron Monger/Abomination/YellowJacket etc. He'd make for a brutal fight though.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: BFR isn't always a win he dominated bucky and falcon plain and simple

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I vote for Kraven

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman needs a ninja arch villian.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Pete was BFR'ed while Falcon and Bucky were incapacitated. It was a draw more or less.

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think his showings made sense. Besides him being a rookie he was also told to hold back and in that entire fight he was only trying to incap. I think that they should use hob goblin or rhino.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: And that was equaled out by the trick (webbing) literally up Pete's sleeve.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think his showings made sense. Besides him being a rookie he was also told to hold back and in that entire fight he was only trying to incap. I think that they should use hob goblin or rhino.

Don't care if it was his first time, you shouldn't make a superhero as famous and revered as Spidey lose to second string heroes in his first debut in a all star ensemble movie and at the same note make a movie franchise from that performance carried on from that point, Spider-Man is Marvel's Superman, being a hero who gets his own movie and remebered as the guy who lost to ant man and falcon is not a highlight I would carry for a star hero like that in his own movie as first impressions. You don't see Superman or Batman lose a series a scraps to non powered soliders/meta humans that are just slow compared to you do you.

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: i like when its realistic and i like when i know a character can lose lol

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasukemilesmorales:

Realism is overrated. The point of superheroes to escape from reality and embrace the whimsy of hope bringers.

Plus its Spidey.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, Spider-Man needs an impressive villain for his movie. In my opinion Mysterio would be a good choice.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#32  Edited By KrleAvenger

He was really impressive in Civil War but against someone who is much more experienced like Cap who is also a Super Humna is MCU,he was holding his own really really well. As for the villain,well the good thing about this Spider-man Movie is that Marvel Studius will make it perfect but Sony will help Disney create impressive villain,something that Disney is not really known for. We have Red Skull,Zemo and Crossbones who were perfect and Loki was really good but all the others were just nah. As for the villain,I want Norman Osborn to be in the movie but only as CEO of OcCorp and fathe rof Peter's best friend Harry. As for the main Villain, I want Mysterio but the type of Mysterio like in The Old Man Logan Story,not the one from 60s who just wants to rob the bank.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was really impressive in Civil War but against someone who is much more experienced like Cap who is also a Super Humna is MCU,he was holding his own really really well. As for the villain,well the good thing about this Spider-man Movie is that Marvel Studius will make it perfect but Sony will help Disney create impressive villain,something that Disney is not really known for. We have Red Skull,Zemo and Crossbones who were perfect and Loki was really good but all the others were just nah. As for the villain,I want Norman Osborn to be in the movie but only as CEO of OcCorp and fathe rof Peter's best friend Harry. As for the main Villain, I want Mysterio but the type of Mysterio like in The Old Man Logan Story,not the one from 60s who just wants to rob the bank.

Spidey was superior to everyone minus antman, and really could have speed blitz them all and fought Ant Man with a plan. He lost to a bunch of b listers and cap with pis.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KrleAvenger

@jimishim12: He would never beat Vision, Panther and Iron-man and IT isn't PIS because those are movie versions so They are not on the same level as comic version.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Idk if you deleted his post, but I do think you are underselling teen Peter's intelligence. The spider-tracers were advanced enough that Pym thought they were as good, if not better than his own tech, and that the cloaking tech built into them was strong enough to fool Tony's sensors. Spidey's web formula has also never been replicated AFAIK, and considering how useful and practical it would be, that's a big deal as well. He also did build quite a few impressive gadgets on a limited budget, like the anti-magnetic inverter from ASM #1 (and this was back in the 60s, if we scale that up to today, he would have built something even more powerful/impressive). I don't really remember many issues from then, but I'm sure there was more. Of course, there weren't any feats as good as now, but he was still a huge genius.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Maye I deleted IT but IT wasn't on purpose. Anyway, I know that but what am I trying to say is that at that time he was just Genius. Now he is Super Genius.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah, that's true. I'm just hoping they show his intelligence in action, since a recurring plot line back in the classic comics was Spidey being unable to beat an enemy himself, so then whipping up a gadget or two to do the job (kinda like Batman these days) - the removal of this aspect was something I didn't like too much about Ultimate Spider-Man. In order to stay closely tied to the original comics, they should do the same.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
spideyandslendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

As much as i wanna see new villains, i also wanna see venom done properly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please no. Peter gets beaten up enough already, it'd be painful to see him get curbstomped in his first movie - which leaves an impression on the audience.

I'd personally prefer Vulture, who has already been confirmed, and Tinkerer as Tinkerer can help other villains build their suits and contraptions in later movies and Vulture could bring something we've never seen before to the big screen - plus it opens a pathway for the Sinister Six.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By william300

Vulture should the first villain, but I want Norman Osborn to be the "Thanos" of the series. With him manipulating events from the shadows for multiple films before he becomes the Goblin. But I'd like to see other villains get a shot, Shocker should be a recurring loser villains who pops up once in a while to annoy Spidey. Scorpion and Rhino should be minions for bigger villains, maybe have them get there powers in the same experiment. When we get to Venom I'd want them to use the Ultimate origin as that would make it a personal conflict for Peter, have Carnage brought in a bit latter as a mutated clone of the Venom symbiote.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you guys are funny. he beat falcon and bucky by himself. peter also figured out a way to defeat giant man. after watching his fight scenes in the movie again, i realized that he was pretty impressive. cap only beat him by making peter had to catch a multi ton jet bridge. he doesn't need an impressive villain to appease fans of comic book battle forums. comics are about so much more than 'feats'. it's about story telling and character development.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300:

Or just take on morlun, osborn is a nobody in the greater marvel villain scope, spidey can truly test his mettle with a foe it take all the avengersbto beat.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RabumAlal

Impressive villains in the MCU, nah that can't be right. Would you consider a non-villain instead?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Morlun should be saved for latter, MCU Spider-Man is still a teenager. I think Morlun would be best used latter on, after Peter has gained experience and earned his place as a hero. I like the idea of each "Spidey trilogy" focusing on a different overarching plot. First trilogy is high school with Osborn manipulating events and helping create villains, with becoming the Goblin in the third film, second trilogy would be college a good time to introduce venom to play with the idea of us dealing with inner darkness as we enter the world as adults, third trilogy would be after college with Peter working as a teacher maybe a part time scientist this would be a good time to bring in a supernatural villain like Morlun to screw with Peter's scientific beliefs.