Comic Vine Question of the Week: Favorite Spider-Man Movie

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spider-Man month continues! Last week, we asked the Comic Vine community what the top Spider-Man animated show is (spoiler alert: Spider-Man The Animated Series took the prize) and, this week, we want to know what your favorite Spider-Man movie is! Will something from Sam Raimi's trilogy earn your love? Or will one of Marc Webb's films receive your support? So, what'll it be, Viners? Make Uncle Ben proud and give this one some proper thought before voting, okay?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

No Caption Provided

Want to re-watch a few of these movies before voting? Well, you definitely have time to do so. Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). That should give you more than enough time to dive back into these movies and truly make up your mind before picking a favorite. Or maybe you already know what you're going to vote for? If so, feel free to click the above link and vote right now. After picking a #1 movie, don't forget to go into the comments and say why its your top choice. Make your post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in the updated feature.

Check the homepage this Thursday for a new article with the results and more!

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Taking away my personal bias for the first Spider-Man, SM 2 is the best, maybe even one of the best superhero movies of all time.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The Amazing Spider-man 2 is the best one I've seen.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking away my personal bias for the first Spider-Man, SM 2 is the best, maybe even one of the best superhero movies of all time.

Lol okay I wouldn't go that far.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@mrtummytumms said:

@superguy0009e said:

But i would. Opinions differ, don't they!

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By cloudguy

I think spider-man 2 or Amazing Spider-man would be my favourite

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with ASM2. I mean, it felt like a comic book brought to life. Especially the way Spider-Man behaves, talks, looks. Best movie of all five, best Spidey of all five

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms said:

@superguy0009e said:

Pretty cool that you can see someone has poor taste in movies just based off of their opinion.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MuyJingo

The second of Raimi's films or the first ASM.

I think I liked Raimi's films more. SM1 was the first time seeing the character on screen, the organic webbing and lack of quipping were the only real drawbacks. Oh, and Dunst.

SM2 has the same drawbacks as SM1, but with a much more fleshed out and developed villain, and it also wasn't an origin story.

ASM was fun, and I felt truer to the comic in many ways, although somehow it seemed a bit grim :/

It also had a ridiculously unnecessary paraphrasing of Spiderman's most famous line.

I think ASM had a much better cast despite not having Bruce Campbell, although the actress they chose as Aunt May for Raimi's films seemed to have come straight from the pages of the comics.

Both have drawbacks, and while I like ASM better in many ways, I think SM2 is a much better film.

Have yet to see ASM2 and not in any rush based on reviews. Obviously SM3 isn't in the running.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I originally wouldve said the original Spider-Man but I just went back and rewatched the original trilogy and they honestly dont hold up so well. At least in the character department. Andrew Garfeild is such a "superior" Spider-Man its crazy. Emma Stone also just blows Kirsten Dunst out of the water as the leading lady.

Its a shame but even if I think the original two Spider-Man movies are technically better films I have to vote for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I just like it better. Plus the death of Gwen Stacy is simply the most well done moment in any of the Spider-Man films.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2 easily

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man 2 for me, but I'm still waiting for that fantastic Spider-Man movie.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2, hands down.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@mrtummytumms said:

@mad_titan said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@superguy0009e said:

Pretty cool that you can see someone has poor taste in movies just based off of their opinion.

Or perhaps you just don't get from which point of view they judge their favorite movies? Or you simply just fail to realize just because their taste is different from yours it might not be poor?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms said:

@mad_titan said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@superguy0009e said:

Or perhaps you just don't get from which point of view they judge their favorite movies? Or you simply just fail to realize just because their taste is different from yours it might not be poor?

Neither.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@mrtummytumms:

@mrtummytumms said:
@mad_titan said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@mad_titan said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@superguy0009e said:

Neither.

Good for you. It appears to be the other way around though.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Damn, still haven't seen ASM2!

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

Before Amazing Spider-man 2, I would have said Sam Raimi`s Spider-man 2, but I think the new one outdid it. It feels more like Spidey. The Raimi movies, at least 1 and 2, are good and ASM was decent but I think the current film did better than all of them in capturing Peter Parker and Spider-man.

Avatar image for thewintersoldier
thewintersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say I prefer the original Tobey MacGuire version, the second movie. Why do I prefer it over Andrew Garfield? With Tobey, you could tell, he was a nerd and the least likely guy to be a hero. But I must say that I do like the fact that Andrew Garfields Spiderman has the sarcasm that Peter Parker depicted in the comics and a lot of things that happened in the comics have been mirrored in the recent movies.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Spider-Man 2,no question.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UltimateSMfan

I'd go with ASM2. I mean, it felt like a comic book brought to life. Especially the way Spider-Man behaves, talks, looks. Best movie of all five, best Spidey of all five

You literally used the exact same words that i use to explain this movie :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman 2. It'll take a rewatch to determine if ASM2 is better.

jwrose5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM because I haven't seen ASM2 yet. I thought Spider-man was the best of the Raimi Trilogy, and even that wasn't that great. They ruined Green Goblin for me and Peter should've made his own web shooters. Too much horror movie screaming in SM2, in SM3 a ruined Venom and New goblin and sappy acting killed it for me.

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Quickfingers26

Raimi's Spider-Man 2!

TheDudeMcDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd personally go with either Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the very first Sam Raimi film Spider-Man.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't get why so many people like Spider-Man 2, I honestly hate it.

Bat-eber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bat-eber

Spider-Man 2 is the best of all the movies that have been made of the character that's that!

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By COBRAMORPH

hard to say. None of them are perfect, & all have major flaws.

#1 I dont care about origin storys especially one that I already know. So the first half was just a boring retread for me. At the very least do early years were the hero trys to figure out how to do heroing good. Not spend 10 years on deciding if he should help people, Smallville. Plus the Goblin coulda used a little more work.

#2 just rehashed everything with him losing his powers only to get them back, for some stupid reason. You dont do that story in the second film. If ever. Wait until around movie6.

#3 was a mess. Shoe in Venom for money reasons. I like Gwen better than MJ. Especially the actressess. Peter should have stayed in the black suit the entire movie. Then in #4 hint he's being changed. Keep it in 5 until the climax. #6 introduce Venom. Plus they screwed us on Harry-Goblin.

ASM I thought had more of a 2099 look/feel/vide to it from previews. Not a fan of the rehashing origin yet AGAIN, plus I didnt like the changes, nor the implcation that Spidey & all his enemies might have genetic powers from government stuff.

But Spidey-1 & ASM1 are probly my favorites. Have not seen ASM2 yet.

wayneparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wayneparker

Amazing Spider-Man 2 for me. There is so many Pro's for me including the costume.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Rami ones don't hold up well but The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was just a garbage terrible one of the worst in the last 6 years comic book movies made it was a pure garbage movie.

So even though i thought TASM was mediocre it seems to be the only choice left.

Shame we still don't have that amazing Spider-Man movie.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Spidey 2 is still a good movie despite being a bit cheesy and what not. The Doc Ock action scenes were super well done and I really felt for the character.

Preecer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TASM series was better than the first Spider-man trilogy for me. Of course, before TASM came out, Spider-man 2 was my favorite but if you start to compare the both the TASM 2 movie abd Spider-man 2, it becomes a whole different story. The TASM Peter Parker is a bit of a hipster, not-so-nerdy version of Peter Parker which isn't really what the comics describe him as. Spider-man 1 however, nails the nerdy Parker out of the park, but that movie is around a decade old and our views on nerds and geeks have drastically changed, which is why I think TASM portrayed that version of Peter, the "cool", hipster and modern "nerd" Parker.

Story wise, I like TASM better because it actually follows the comics (I think they got some resource material from the Ultimate Spider-Man series though.) and also because he uses web-shooters. Web-shooters make everything else very interesting.

So t\my verdict is, TASM 2 is the best Spidey movie so far (IMO). It's just in every bit better than the previous Spider-man series. And plus, Emma Stone is in TASM and she was just amazing in those two movies. (Yes, she WAS amazing sadly...)

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@dreamfall31 said:

Spidey 2 is still a good movie despite being a bit cheesy and what not. The Doc Ock action scenes were super well done and I really felt for the character.

My personal favorite. It's not because the action or special effects were great but i could relate to the main character and the little sub-plot they portrayed more than anything.

Those parts of the movie is only comprehensible if you have gone through similar situation at some point of your life. Then again, I don't know how old most viners are, I'm not that old myself (22), so i might be wrong, but i thought it had an adult story under the guise of a kid-friendly movie.

Every movie has it's flaws but c'mon! You can't give reasons like it sucked 'cause it was rehashed or the reasons he lost his powers were stupid. Facing similar situation in life (well, short of) i thought the reasons were pretty legit. Not to mention, every Superhero gets and loses their power for stupid reasons if you really think about it. Yeah, some parts were rehashed like the tone or holding MJ as hostage, but every superhero sequel is rehashed to some extent. Personally i thought neither Tobey's whine nor the hostage part was that annoying until the third sequel came out. It was kinda cheesy, of cause, but i thought with all the sad events happening in Peter's life the movie would feel unbearably mopey at some point without the inclusion of feeble amount of cheese. If you thought the flaws of this movie outweighed the good parts, well, what can i say? Everyone is subjected to their opinion after all.

This movie made Spidey my favorite character. Adding the memorable villain, the dialogues, actions and the cinematography in the mix, i thought it was really well done for it's time without being overly melodramatic.

*mics down*

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Amazing Spiderman 2 Was the best, hands down. The new spidey really stepped up his game, fixed his acting and played a perfect Peter Parker AND Spider-man. That was the big difference between Toby Mcguire and new guy (his name escapes me :P). Toby could play Peter Parker pretty good, but Spider-Man? Not so great. And the writing for the older ones was kind of repetitive, but not his fault. And as for the story and action goes, a big thumbs up. They had great villains (despite the ugly gobby look) and it was executed perfectly.

Preecer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Preecer

@doflamingo_the_joker: His name is Andrew Garfield. We're on the same page here. Toby played the nerdy Parker right while Garfield made him some sort of hipster stalker. lol

Sarenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TASM 1

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Easy - Spider-Man 2. While it may seem a little dated compared to the movies we have now, I also believe it's one of the finest superhero movies ever made. For a long time I had it ranked only behind The Dark Knight.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TASM2 all the way. There is no challenge here. In fact it is one of the only great Spider-Man movies. First off, Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man. No doubt. He had the wit, cockiness and morals any Spider-Man should have.

Second, it has the best visuals seen in any Spidey film, and the best supporting cast. Dane made for a wicked Goblin, it was actually believable.

It wouldn't be fair to give this position to a Raimi film, this movie was faithful to the source and covered most Spider-Man lore, and had everything for anyone. Action, humour and romance, and the chemistry between Parker and Stacy was brought to life. The script and performances were outstanding.

TASM2 all the way.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought Spider-Man 2 was my fave but watched it for the first time in ages and its terrible. Having the Robot Chicken guys do the action effects was a cool idea. And Doc Ock? "I'm not evil its my robot arms"

Although there's a lot it could of done without and a load that don't make sense Amazing Spider-Man 2 is my favourite.