• 108 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

How can you not get totally excited about a DC Animated movie inspired by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert'sBatman and Son? Okay, maybe the Damian haters aren't too happy, but for everyone else, it's thrilling they chose this story to tell in their own way. Naturally, it's only inspired by the source material, so don't expect it to stay true to Morrison's script. Some elements remain, but for the most part, it is absolutely its own story.

I wasn't sure what to think when I heard Damian's voice in the previews, but upon watching the whole movie, I do think Stuart Allan's a good choice for Bruce Wayne's son. He conveys the blunt arrogance you'd expect from the character. You may think he sounds like a brat at times, and that's the whole point -- it definitely fits. The best moments with him aren't when he's viciously attacking Ubu or arguing with his father. Damian truly shines in pretty much any and every scene he shares with Alfred Pennyworth (voiced by David McCallum). McCallum's dry delivery is the perfect contrast as these two take verbal jabs at one another. In a movie filled with sword attacks and exploding helicopters, it's the banter between these two that becomes the most entertaining part of the film.

I won't lie to you, I wasn't the biggest fan around of Jason O'Mara's performance as Batman in Justice League: War. To me, it lacked the determination and force you'd expect from the Dark Knight ,and that really stood out right with his first line in that movie. This time around, however, I was digging it a lot more. Sure, it's not Kevin Conroy or Roger Craig Smith, but the potential's certainly there and, aside from one bad line (which, to be fair, is an issue with the script and not him), this movie changed my mind about him.

No Caption Provided

Ra's al Ghul (voiced by Gustavo 'Gus' Fring Giancarlo Esposito) only has a very brief appearance, but, man, it's awesome. Despite immediately thinking of Breaking Bad when Ra's spoke (sorry, I just couldn't help it), it still felt like a pretty fitting voice for the character. It's calm yet still commanding. Watching him deflect bullets and slice foes was good fun, it's just too bad we didn't get to see a little more of him before he's removed from the picture. His daughter, Talia al Ghul (voiced by Homeland's Morena Baccarin) doesn't get much depth here. She's either blatantly hitting on Bruce or acting like an emotionless hard-ass. Without spoiling it, she basically becomes a plot device, but hey, at least she gets a badass scene or two before that occurs.

The PG-13 rating alone should imply this one isn't for the younglings, but just in case you've decided to disregard the rating, I'll elaborate. Son of Batman isn't as violent as The Dark Knight Returns, but it still has plenty of blood. There's nothing over the top with gore, but there's a whole lot of stabbing, slashing and shotgun blasts that'll put some people in dire need of some band-aids. As for language, someone almost drops a certain four letter word (spoiler: it begins with "f") and Slade gives Batman a very... blunt name. It's a name which would likely make younger kids to ask their parents what the nickname means. So yeah, this movie definitely isn't geared towards a younger audience and the rating should make that clear, anyway.

Seeing as this is part of the new continuity, it's a shame Deathstroke, a very popular and deadly character, was handled like this. First and foremost, instead of coming off as confident and formidable lead villain, he felt far too pompous (his delivery plays a role in this, obviously) and more like a guy who wants to be the big bad but really isn't cut out for it. To make matters even worse, he's honestly given no respect as a combatant. In this movie, it would have been amazing to see Batman and Damian need to work together to best Slade Wilson. Instead, his encounter with Batman literally made me exclaim, "what?!" and what followed was used to make Damian look like the badass. Damian endures an unrealistic amount of damage and keeps on trucking just fine, but I will admit, it's a wicked showing for him. I get that's needed -- he's the main focus of the movie, after all -- but to have Slade Wilson struggle with the ten year old feels like its wasting the character's potential in this new animated timeline. If you don't care about Deathstroke, this won't bug you. But for everyone else, it's a major bummer. Oh, and one more thing: it almost felt like his agenda was made for Bane. Maybe they didn't want to use him because they're hopefully saving him for a different film down the road (fingers crossed for Knightfall!)? Well, at least Deathstroke had a cool design (with his mask down), so at least there's that.

No Caption Provided

I'll be blunt: the subplot with Langstrom wasn't all that engaging. When you're introducing us to the dynamic between Batman and his arrogant son, the scenes with Langstrom's family just left me wondering when we'll get to see more of the title characters again. I mean, it wasn't necessarily bad or anything along those lines, but it didn't add the emotional weight it was seemingly going for.

Nightwing's intro offers a great laugh, but unfortunately, he feels like a missed opportunity after that point. It would have been neat to see him ease into the role Tim Drake had in Grant Morrison's story, but instead, his part feels very limited and sadly, we never get to see a display of his very rad agility. Plus, a fight -- one that many fans would love to see -- is glossed over for a laugh. Don't get me wrong: I did chuckle, but I would have much rather watched the entire thing unfold (static bits are shown during the credits, though).

Eventually, the movie shows Batman utilizing different equipment in his fights. You don't need to be the world's greatest detective to know you can't beat everyone with your fists and feet, after all. However, Batman displayed no intelligence whatsoever in his fight with Killer Croc. I understand why the outcome had to go a certain way, but it would have been great to see him at least attempt to use some different technology instead of simply punching and kicking to no avail. It should have been clear that melee options wouldn't cut it after brutally punching Croc in the face multiple times accomplished nothing. This probably won't be a big deal for many, but as a battles junkie, it stood out to me.

Two more minor gripes: some of the shots seem to last just a little too long. It's almost like the scene needs to cut away a second or two before it actually does. Like I said, it's a minor gripe, but this occurs quite a few times, so it generates a few awkward pauses. Also, the opening battle is certainly cool, but when you have to animate that many characters, it means some are just going to stand around and do nothing as chaos is unfolding around them or they'll wait for an odd amount of time before taking action. It doesn't ruin the battle, but it's noticeable a couple of times.

DC Animated has produced some absolutely fantastic projects (e.g. Under the Red Hood, Wonder Woman, Superman vs. The Elite, etc), so it's understandable to begin one of their new movies with fairly high expectations. Son of Batman is able to deliver some satisfying action and the dynamic between Damian and Alfred is legitimately hilarious, but everything else doesn't leave much of a mark. It's not bad, but it's not really all that memorable, either. I'd say if you're a big fan of the DC Animated universe -- and I suspect that applies to a lot of you -- then sure, give this a purchase. Even if you don't love it, it'll likely be tempting to give it a re-watch one day (I know I sure will) and the bonus features are worth checking out (especially the Assault on Arkham one). It may not be the next Under the Red Hood, but it's still an amusing ride.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I would give it 2 stars at best. The movie is easily DC's worst.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol looks like im skipping this movie

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Lol looks like im skipping this movie

Why's that? 3/5 isn't a bad score.

Ouch. Care to share you expanded thoughts? With appropriate spoiler tabs, of course.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, it's more of a mindless popcorn flick than anything.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

That's why I had such a good time with Justice League: War. It's clear that one was just going for action/humor and, for me, it delivered on those.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Yep skipping this. I'm tired of all these Batman centered animated movies.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

This.
Cheap humor, rediculous fights, out of character situations, Bland-man, DeathBane, bad anime-style animation. These movie is the worst DC has offered until now.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yep skipping this. I'm tired of all these Batman centered animated movies.

To be fair, it's Damian centered :P

But yeah, I know what you mean. I'll happily see more and more of them, but I understand why someone would feel that way.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@k4tzm4n said:

@wolverine08 said:

That's why I had such a good time with Justice League: War. It's clear that one was just going for action/humor and, for me, it delivered on those.

True, true. The original Justice League War comic itself wasn't very deep at all, so I didn't come in expecting high cinema from its animated movie, and I did end up enjoying it for what it was. Plus, I do think they manage to approve the original comic in that Green Lantern just went from being obnoxious to being genuinely funny throughout the movie.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I feel like DC's animated films have been going downhill since Flashpoint Paradox. I'll give this one a look for sure but I'm mostly just excited for Assault on Arkham.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CF12793

What ruined this movie for me was the total butchering of Deathstroke. Especially when he's been given tremendously faithful and menacing adaptations in other media appearances (Arrow for example, and Teen Titans)

A lot of people were disappointed with his brief, jobber-esque "Arkham Origins" role, but this version of Slade makes that one look 100x better and more competent. I had the same reaction during Slade's fight with Batman...You couldn't do anything other then utter,"What?!"

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This move had so much potential but was compelte garbage. By far the worst animated move from DC. Which is scaring me.TTGO and BOTB suck. Animation was pretty much the only non comic thing we could rely on from DC since MOS was garbage and MOS 2 doesn't seem much better. So it was nice to rely on that animation. But their current shows suck and while i though Justice League War was ok i still noticed it had a major amount of problems and i could tell War was the start of a possible downhill streak but most didn't even like War. But Son of Batman was just terrible. I think the only good thing i can say about this movie is that Nightwing didn't suck at it and his voice actors seemed right unlike EVERY OTHER CHARACTER. Even the animation sucked. It was too anime didn't feel the same as Flashpoint or even War. Wasn't as smooth of animation. Overall there's just like nothing positive to say about the movie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_stegman said:

Ouch. Care to share you expanded thoughts? With appropriate spoiler tabs, of course.

I just felt completely bored by this movie. Ra's being taken out so easily, Damian himself didn't do it for me as a character. Pretty much making Deathstroke a punching bag (Damian stabs his eye, Batman beats him like a red headed step child) The dialogue was flat, Batman accepted Damian way too easily "oh, I have a kid now? kewl, quick Damian, TO THE BAT MOBILE!". Most of the action scenes didn't hold my attention. The voice acting was "meh". And it's not a "I miss Kevin Conroy" thing, cause Batman's voice wasn't bad, everyone else's was, especially Damian.

Overall, the film left a bad taste in my mouth.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_stegman said:

I just felt completely bored by this movie. Ra's being taken out so easily, Damian himself didn't do it for me as a character. Pretty much making Deathstroke a punching bag (Damian stabs his eye, Batman beats him like a red headed step child) The dialogue was flat, Batman accepted Damian way too easily "oh, I have a kid now? kewl, quick Damian, TO THE BAT MOBILE!". Most of the action scenes didn't hold my attention. The voice acting was "meh". And it's not a "I miss Kevin Conroy" thing, cause Batman's voice wasn't bad, everyone else's was, especially Damian.

Yeah, I was we saw more of Ra's, but at least he had a decent showing. And yes, as you can tell by the review, I wasn't very happy with Deathstroke, either. Ha, I was going to put a part about Batman needing to do a test to see if it's his, but I shrugged it off and said to myself, "eh, he's the world's greatest detective. I"ll just assume he sees the evidence he needs." I can understand why someone wouldn't like Damian's voice, but it grew on me. So far I've seen nothing but "I hate it" or "it's okay." Curious to see if anyone loved it. Surely someone had to, right?

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By staypuffed

I was not that excited for it before and I definitely am not rushing out to see it anytime soon.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Sounds like its very mediocre,I've had enough mediocrity for one day.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have actually given this 4 out of 5. I'm surprised it's getting so much hate honestly. Damian is conveyed perfectly in this. His attitude and arrogance are dead on. And I really did like Stuart Allen's voice as Damian. My only major gripe with the film is not only is Talia used as just a plot device she feels like a victim in the story, when she's actually the bad guy in the comic the story is inspired from.

Also I saw this at Wondercon and they said the fight with Nightwing was glossed over for time constraint purposes. That's why they added the little storyboard stuff at the end. To give fans a bit of the fight.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_stegman said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_stegman said:

Yeah, I was we saw more of Ra's, but at least he had a decent showing. And yes, as you can tell by the review, I wasn't very happy with Deathstroke, either. Ha, I was going to put a part about Batman needing to do a test to see if it's his, but I shrugged it off and said to myself, "eh, he's the world's greatest detective. I"ll just assume he sees the evidence he needs." I can understand why someone wouldn't like Damian's voice, but it grew on me. So far I've seen nothing but "I hate it" or "it's okay." Curious to see if anyone loved it. Surely someone had to, right?

I was so excited for this movie :( I wanted to like it so bad...but alas, I guess I'll have to wait for Throne of Atlantis, or whatever the next DC animated flick is.

Or..wait for Stephanie Brown to show up

No Caption Provided

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke not being a credible threat has me worried already. In the DC Universe, if you can defeat Deathstroke, you can defeat 90% of everyone else. I saw a clip of Damian fighting Ubu and it looked like ridiculous anime-style pre-teen children defeating big strong adults.

Definitely have to suspend disbelief to enjoy this one.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It was enjoyable, but it will be a very long time before I have a rewatch. 2.5/5 imho. It is definitely not the next Under the Red Hood, but that's one of the best movies ever made so I doubt really anything will come close.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. What F*** was up Ra's hair?

2. I have no idea why they had Talia's brother in this film at all.

3. Man-Bat ninjas just seems silly.....

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

IMO it was a 4.5.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havnt seen this yet but I wasnt expecting too much. I am a Batman fan and I have read Son of Batman but I am just not a Damian fan. Not a hater...just not a fan and not a fan of Morrison.

Once I saw the trailer with Deathstroke I got excited but once I heard about his involvement with the plot I was a little disappointed. I understand DC are really wanting to push Deathstroke and its a great idea but lets not over due it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

8/10 for me.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#25  Edited By iceslick

@k4tzm4n: I am so glad you gave a positive review for this movie. We both agree on the same exact points on everything, the funny thing is that I would give it a 4 while you give it a 3. It's okay though I guess I tend to overrate certain things. I honestly don't get all the hate with film. People's expectations were too high thinking they were gonna get another Under Red Hood which, honestly I don't think not any movie will be better than that..well maybe Dark Knight Returns (I'm kind of afraid to share my opinions on what's better) is. But I don't think people should compare, each movie is to their own. I really don't like the hate to this movie is really getting, because it's getting me to the point on how I show feel wrong about loving the film especially when I saw it twice already and I can't wait for my pre-order. So, I'm hoping this sell well and I will try my best to not feel bad about me loving it because people's opinions shouldn't have that affect on me. I should love it because I feel so.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By StrangeMan

It was meh, but at least this movie had some kind of plot, unlike whatever the hell that mess of JL: War was trying to do.

Quite honestly, I'm becoming less and less interested with the DC Animated Movies, a real shame when for the last couple years I couldn't wait for the next one.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NukeA6

You were too nice with this one. I personally give this 2 stars since it strayed two far from the original storyline and not in a good way. I appreciate that they were trying to make Damian look badass but they didn't have to make him a Gary-Stu. I know he's a trained assassin but he shouldn't be able to beat two veteran assassins and Deathstroke so easily.

Speaking of Deathstroke, this has to be the very first time I thought he sucked. Not only does he look awful and sound awful, he gets floored by Damian and lasts only seconds against Batman. C'mon, he's supposed to be one of the most powerful street-level characters in DC. Even the live-action tv show, Arrow did him right.

And what's up with every Al Ghul being on Katana's level? Though, Ra's Al Ghul should be more badass since he has centuries of experience. That's something that movie does right at least.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite what most everyone's been saying, I'm still really excited to watch this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Things I didn't like.

Deathstroke: He really could have been replaced with any low level merc character.

League of Assassins: They almost came off as good guys. There was no tension or malevolence when they were around. That includes Talia. It totally undiscovered Damian's choice between the two and what it would mean if he did choose the League.

Voice Acting: Though I don't count Batman among those that I disliked I wasn't very fond of many of them.

More things: They escape me at the moment.

Things I liked:

Not much but here and there were a couple things I liked. I would have to watch it again to refresh my memory.

Overall verdict:

DC could have done so much better and they wasted a good opportunity here. I hope DC isn't getting the idea that they could just put anything with Batman on it and it will sell. While it may be true it to some extent it could make them put less effort into it.

I give the movie 4 or 5 out of 10.

FastestBlender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like DC's animated films have been going downhill since Flashpoint Paradox. I'll give this one a look for sure but I'm mostly just excited for Assault on Arkham.

Hmm, what could be the factor for that...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_stegman said:

I miss Bruce Greenwood and want him back.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only saw so much of the film, but what little I saw left me really disappointed with Deathstroke.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I saw the film at Wondercon. I thought it was well done and it helps that I had never seen the source material so it was entirely new for me. I enjoyed it more than the Superman animated film they showed last year and would probably put it at 4 out of 5. It was a fun summer movie. I still think Red Hood is my absolute favorite DCAU film

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't have said it better myself

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't agree more

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not saying torrent, but torrent

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh...6.5/7 out of 10. Decent for a Movie but doesn't remain a staple in the Batman mythos. Honestly I wanted to see Tim instead of Dick because it feels like they are trading in the Nightwing name for more viewing audience. In my opinion that was not Deathstroke at all. I refuse to believe it. Damian is deadly but he's not that good against the Terminator himself.

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By Nightw BR

I was a bit disappointed to see Tim removed from the story, makes me wonder if he exists in the new DC cinematic universe. I actually wanted to see a scene with all the Robins Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian. I was also upset that the fight between Nightwing and Damian got removed, it would of been nice to see. Also, Nightwing was still my favorite part of the film, but his voice actor didn't feel right, I liked it better than Justice League:War

sautor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sautor

I think this movie was poorly thought out.

- Deathstroke was a joke, got his a$$ handed to him in 3 secs by batman. :s

-Ubu lost in a match of strength against a tiny 10 years old, the guy looked the size of bane, that was just sad.

-Batman has no emotion, is like he doesnt even care.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Hmmm. Disappointed. I pre-ordered this so I will still be watching it but I was hoping for something of the quality of TDKR pt 1 and 2 or Under the Red Hood. Still, I am a massive fan of Damian so I'll probably find some enjoyment in this.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe so many people dislike tHe film. I mean, I tHink tHe film is lousy, but I walked out of the WonderCon sHowing tHinking, "Only tHe Batmites will like tHis garbage."

-ABstract4$$#073-

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanted to punch damien when he first talked to alfred

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc animation is slipping. the last two jlamovies were weaksauce. turning deathstroke into a jobber is unforgivable. hes in the top 3 for dc villains in my book.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I can't post reviews, AGAIN.

SO, here's my Short and Sweet Review: I promise

"Hey, my 2nd review. Anyways, lets not waste any time. Here's my STAR rating rules.

5 STARS = It's a Classic

4 STARS = It is definitely a great book/movie/material/work

3 STARS = I'd highly recommend it.

2 STARS = It's just another comic book movie.

1 STAR = Overpriced.

Now, we will look at The GOOD, The BAD, and THE UGLY... truth.

THE Good

This is definitely a movie for Damian Wayne and Batman fans.

This movie makes Damian look like a total BAMF. Deathstroke fans get to see Slade in another movie, SWEET. Nightwing comes out for a quick cameo. Damian and Alfred have a funny banter segment. For the people that enjoy the objectification of women, they have it here too.

The film is an action packed movie. In my opinion there is more action than there is character development.

The film for me exists to introduce Damian and his kick buttery or BAMFness to the world.

THE Bad

Wow I didn't think there would be so many jobbers in this film. Ra's Al Ghul jobs for Deathstroke. Deathstroke jobs for Damian. Now this is my opinion, but Nighwing jobs for Damian. How? I shall not spoil it. One can argue, it is because Grayson uses nonlethal attacks while Damian does the opposite but it looked ridiculous to me.

Batman isn't voiced by Kevin Conroy. I know he's a fan favorite. I don't care for him much but whatever. I personally disliked how many characters were used in this film. Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, and Deathstroke were all turned into trite plot devices/characters. It was annoying seeing how Ra's Al Ghul exited the film.

The storyline itself was so typical and boring for me. I was honestly falling asleep albeit I didn't sleep much the night before but still. I knew exactly where this film was going. I was really waiting for the ending to turn the movie around but nope, typical ending for a generic storyline.

Dialogue is important to me and this film did not have amazing dialogue which is what makes a generic film not so generic.

THE Ugly

The truth is, I didn't enjoy this film. At the same time, I'm not a huge bat fan, I'm not a Batmite. However, my brother who adores Batman also did not enjoy this film. He's seen all of the Batman flicks, all the TV shows made during his life time, and his favorite Super hero is Batman.

Now, the film isn't horrible but it is generic, in my honest opinion (IMHO). But, it is a Batman film or Batman related so it will succeed, IMHO. For me though, it is just another movie, not a possible classic, not a great film, and nothing I'd reccomend; thus 2 STARS.

(+)

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this movie didn't come out for another week or so, how's everyone in the comments section already critiquing it? Anyway, it sucks to see that Deathstroke jobbers in this movie and that Nightwing only gets a limited amount of screen time. I'll still try and see it, though.

Mapuia_Ralte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie was pretty bad. The voice acting was horrible there was no passion at all, they all sound like they're just doing it for the money. The animation style was way too 'anime-d' and lazy, the flow was off. The addition of Deathstroke for the sake of having Deathstroke angered me during the initial announcement of the movie and I'm even more apalled with his treatment in the movie. Did the creators not even do a quick research on Deathstroke, his character and what makes him tick? Also Batman seems like this was his first year in being Batman. His immediate acceptance of Damian (makes you think how easily this Batman could be fooled) and his fight with Croc were definitely in dire need of rewriting.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little boy can hold his own with Deathstroke ,1 star :P

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By VaizD

I feel like this film is a lose/lose proposition. If you're not a big Batfan, there's really nothing to hook you in to what is barely a pretty standard superhero beat the bad guy before the clock runs out affair. If you are a big Batman fan, especially of Grant Morrison's Batman run, you're likely going to feel disappointed, as the film comes nowhere close to doing Morrison's work justice. It's understandable, in the sense that it would be impossible to condense anything of Grant Morrison's down into an hour and a half movie, but then why try in the first place?

I really hope this isn't a tacit effort on DC's part to show the New 52 version of Son of Batman, considering Bats seems like a younger, greener, less effective fighter, because blech.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By feedonatreefrog

I enjoyed this movie, which is more I can say about most DC animated movies (save TDKReturns, Flashpoint, and WAR)

There was some clunky/cheap animation and the story was barely serviceable, but Damian = so much win.

Seeing the little psycho running around taking out guys twice his size is just so much fun to watch. Great banter between him and other characters as well.

Deathstroke was different but still fun to watch. Great costume too.

3.5/5 for me.