When I Was Young...

The_Lightning_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Lightning_

"You are wild, Isaac and that is why the force is so difficult for you to control correctly. On the surface, you are calm however just beneath that surface you are chaos. It is why you cannot control your voice." The spirit lectured Isaac calmly about his abilities. He searched for guidance and this spectre was the best he could do.

"What do you mean?" the words rolled out of Isaac like a velvet pall.

"The emotions you felt from your previous life, all of them still live within you in an unchecked storm. It corrupts you. All of that anger and fear, the hatred; it fuels the dark side of the force. You must meditate on this. Find the other holocrons and perhaps they will enlighten you in the force better than I can. There were greater Masters than me Isaac. Remember, you have not visited all the temples yet."

"I have already visited over a dozen temples and only you have been able to join me through the force. I can only speak with Master Windu through complete submission to the force on Corscant. His holocron barely taught me the basics to Vaapad, I only grew adept through luck."

"The force led you down that path, not luck."

"Is there really much of a difference?"

"You are asking me if the force is different from luck?"

Isaac hesitated. He saw the flaw in his words. "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize to me, you must clear yourself. Now go, Captain. I sense incoming hostiles approaching your location."

"Yes, Master Qui-Gon."

"May the force be with you."

Isaac opened his eyes and the vision of Qui-Gon Jinn left his mind. Their conversations were often Isaac seeking answers and Master Jinn providing some guidance to help Isaac master the force entirely. They were conversations the Captain both loved and hated. He always felt like a child being scolded by his parent despite knowing it was for the best. Isaac at first loathed Qui-Gon but after a few forced conversations he accepted him as a mentor; albeit an uninvited one.

Captain Isaac felt the pull of the force in various directions around him. Smaller pressure behind him and larger points ahead. At first, he believed them to be creature until a pair of small attack ships sped towards him loosing a hail of blaster fire. "Damn it', thought Isaac. If he had a full understanding of the force, Isaac would have already known what they were instead of playing a guessing game.

Drawing a single purple lightsaber, Isaac deflected two of the incoming shots before rolling to the side to evade the rest. Neither parry redirected the blasts back at the ships which disappointed Isaac who needed to master that technique. He'd read about Jedi and Sith deflecting blaster fire and using it to attack their enemies. The thoughts manipulated Isaac's focus just enough for another group of ships to fire on him. Again he deflected a few of the shots at the top of the temple as part of the side began to sink in. A quick flick of the wrist and Isaac propelled his violet blade at one of the ships; using the force his weapon severed a ship's wing. That ship spun out of control into another with the duo transforming into fireworks against the side of the temple.

Unfortunately before Isaac's saber returned a blaster bolt exploded into his right chest. The bolt put a black hole into his armor melting metal into his chest. The small plume of smoke wafted into Isaac's nose for just a moment. Through hazy vision, Isaac rolled behind a support beam to avoid any further blaster fire. A part of his cloak was quickly torn off and stuffed it into the hole to keep the air off his wound.

After sticking his head out just a few inches the ships were already unleashing another barrage of lasers at Isaac who made a barrier with the force. He called to the lightsaber which flew back in his hand in preparation for another storm of death, raining heat and pain upon him but he was greater than the storm; Isaac was the lightning.

Just as the storm came down the Captain swung his blade upwards in a massive purple arc with a black blur soaring behind it. A few more shots were deflected with one finally hitting its mark. The explosion enhanced Isaac's confidence as he holstered his weapon in mid-air. The force swallowed Isaac at his most vulnerable with its omnipresent tendrils following his every command.

With the Captain's right hand, he slammed two ships together creating a massive fragmentation grenade. Now shooting his left hand out, veins of purple lightning reached out to slaughter the last remaining ship. The lightning turned durasteel into flaming water. The sparks quickly grew into an all-consuming blaze. That same blaze would ultimately glide beneath Isaac who remained in the air for just a moment more before plummeting back to the Temple; the planet's gravity sparing his knees from such a significant height.

Isaac wiped the sweat off his brow and quickly inspected the hole in his armor. His fingers prodded to remind him he still needed time to heal. Then to his dismay, Isaac witnessed massive ship approaching him. It's size was something he marveled at before the realization that it was coming for him. Where was his crew? He needed the evac immediately and as if on cue, he woke up in his bed swimming in frozen sweat.

The Captain looked to his side and saw the Duchess still sleeping peacefully under the silk sheets. Isaac dropped to the ground with his legs folded and hands on his knees. Part of the black curtain he considered his hair remained stuck to the sides of his face from the sweat paste still forming on his head. With absolute control, Bella's Vampire fell into the force for meditation.

"Master Jinn? Are you there?"

There was no one to respond to him in the void. The force may still exist but Isaac was alone.

Dai_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Duuuuuude that was awesome