Untold Stories: The Angel in the Shadows (RPG)

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By talon_x23

The rain fell heavily upon the tin roof that appeared as the only shading from the harsh weather that swarmed in the distance. Many thunder storms plagued these testing areas, and it was because of their less than tourist weather that no many ventured out to these cubical of torture and destruction. The moons of Ironi were vaguely visible between the green and brown balls of gas that hovered only a few feet above them. The atmosphere was toxic if inhaled for too long of a time causing this place to become even more dangerous than previously thought. Crouched upon the slimy surface of the mucky ground was a young girl, her emerald eyes appearing to be glowing in the darkness as they had an appearance of a more feral creature locked with in the body of this biped.

It had taken over three years to plan the storming of testing facility Beta, the largest and most productive establishment in all of Zenith quadrant. It housed many once a mutant or possibly meta humans, but the super’s had died out a long time ago. Only a hand full still existed and most of them remained in hiding, all for one plucky young teenager with a heart of stone but a mind filled with impossibility. “X yah copy?” raising her com as she raised it to her mouth she answered “No…I’m dead...” To distracted to think of a reason to back up her words her eyes remained locked upon the vicinity at least a mile ahead of her. It had been over 6 years since she broke out of one of these facilities and gladly when she left, she also left then a good by present. A Nano bite bomb that erodes everything it touches not just metal.  

A deep sense of anger burned with in her, if you knew what it felt like to be the last of your kind then you would know what she was feeling now. Even though it was first thought she was a mutant when she joined this group, after several training exercises along with battles she along with the rest of her team mates began to notice Laura had the capabilities that far surpassed any mutant. And Only a year ago she was branded as a super, such luck now she had the whole freedom fighter group also known as   “Team Zenith” breathing down her backs expecting her to do something amazing when in truth she was a 19 year old girl, she had her own dreams for her life and sacrificing her life for this already…screwed up world was not on the agenda.

As she ducked down low to avoid the search lights that scanned the area continuously the bottom of her chin came in contact with the wet black slimy goo that filled this swamp. The area around here was mostly swamp land or if not barren desserts. The ill looming branches of the Picipherus trees slid across Laura’s head as she slowly raised it wiping her jaw. Crouched down half her body consumed by this foul liquid and the other half getting in tangled with worm like branches that hovered about her head, you could see why she said she was dead, maybe then they’d find another lackey another individual with more field experience and less care about their hair. “Laura stop playing games…we’re on the east end be ready to go in 5”.

A sigh escaped her as for a moment she shut her eyes imagining that she was back home back home at the base sitting in her room hunched over papers with a Tech-pad in front of her so she could continue he research.   Moaning in annoyance as she slowly raised her hand from the goo invested water slid of the slimy leach’s that no doubt had attached them to her in the meantime. Wiping the fluid off her wrist to reveal a small watch that continued ticking   she stared entranced by it waiting for the second had to reach the exact point. “5…4…3…2…” Like the cybernectic mummies that burst from their tombs Laura leaped up upon her feet and raced as fast as she could. The murky water slashed on either sides as she raced against the current.

Her eyes remained locked upon the search light that in moments would be upon her position. Thinking fast she leaped up in the air and preformed a dive into the deeper water a head. Holding her breath she swam as deep as she could go watching above a she could see the light hover above the water. Her eyes were open and a stinging sensation began to submerge. Swiftly continuing in the same direction the swam toward shore. In one final breath she gasped as she surfaced to the air and crawled upon the dam sandy ground before her. Crawling a moment she got to her knees wiping the   swamp weeds from her arms and removing more of those vile leaches that attempted to suck her blood. “Laura where are you.” Flicking off a slimy blood sucking thing from her shoulder she replied “I’m busy…”

Shaking off most of the “water” from her hair along with other things she let out a deep sigh and continued running. Her feet scraped against the harsh terrain as her clothing snagged on many an outstretched branch. Keeping her eye on the clock attached on her wrist she realized something while half way to her destination: She was not going to make it. Stopping before going any further letting out a sigh of failure she lowered her head a moment and kicked the ground before running her hands through her muck infested locks of hair that now slithered upon her back. “Simulation…terminated” a female computer voice sounded as the less than pleasant scenery disappeared exposing silver lined metallic walls forming that of a room shaped in a cube.

Her eyes still fixated the ground slid shut as she heard the doors behind her sliding open and the harsh tapping of footsteps approaching her.  “What the h3ll was that!?” his booming voice echoed off the cybernetic walls as she sizzling from the energy still surging could be detected. Rolling her eyes and fixing her face she spun on her heel, her eyes staring directly at him their more feral side obvious “There was not enough time sir…I calculated the estimated time and added that to the time to get the location and came up short by 4.35 seconds.” Lifting his hand he brushed aside his grey locks of hair as he rubbed his temples. “You said yourself it was estimated.” He said his tone hushed. “Yes but still it would not have been enough time.”

With that she lifted her head up from him and walked straight past him without another glance. “Excuse me?!” his booming force returned like an unwanted trumpeting of a goose. Stopping instantly she looked at him her eyes now flaming red as she said sternly and harshly “I have a prior commitment I am sure you understand…it is urgent.” Reclining and stepping backward a few paces he said stuttering “oh…uh…sure sure you may go…j..just remember to be back on time for the team grouping at zero eight hundred hours.” Nodding her head she turned and looked away passing through the automated door and strolled calmly down the hall way. She could not stop the devious smile that appeared on her face as her eyes returned to their poised emerald. “World every time.” She whispered before taking a right down another hall and coming to another automated door.

Walking through it she entered into a large living and socialization area. “Hay Laura…get out early I see?” One young man called from across the room. She looked at him and chuckled replying “Hay...who said I was being kept?” As she continued walking cutting through the rooms and over hearing several conversations she finally came to a door in the western corner constructed from wooden compound, at least what was left of it. It was hard to find any wood now a days everything was automated, technolated and advanced. “Hay Laura can I talk to you for a few?” looking over her shoulder she saw her friend Lilia wave her hand as she brushed aside her blond locks before patting the empty seat next to her. “Be with you in a moment mate!” she said unlocking the door and briskly entering into the room.

The Lighting was extinguished as Laura removed from her pocket a fire lighter, one of the most rarest things to come by now a days. Lighting a small candle that laid upon an oak carved desk she seated herself upon an icy metal chair. Leaning over she began to read the many pieces of what appeared to be faded writing upon paper that littered most of her desk and bed. Her eyes like lightning scanned one sheet with in a few seconds before going to another with in only a matter of minutes she had competed over an hour of reading and probably more. Eventually forcefully as well she pulled her neck back and rested upon her chair as she rubbed her forehead lightly. “Ugh…why can’t I find you!” she moaned getting up of her chair as she paced up and down the floor.

“It’s been 5 years since I escaped 5 years since I set out on this mission and my window of time is drawing till and end and I still can’t find you.” Banging her fist against the silver plated wall she lowered her head as her locks slid on either side of her face still damp due to her…cybernetic adventure. “Andy…why can’t I find you!” she almost shouted as she jerked her head up and swiftly used her arm she dispose any paper on her desk to the floor. “Laura” a nocking soon was heard after the sweet voice of her dear friend Lilia sounded in her ears. Lifting up her head she aimed her eyes to the door and said wearily “Enter…” It took a bit of hassle for Lilia to master the door knob but eventually the door swung open as her blond haired blue eyed cyborg of a friend stumbled into the room.

Instantly noticing the pages littering the floor she looked curiously upon her friend Laura before sitting upon the edge of the bed. “Heavy night?” she said extending her human arm toward the young heroine. Shrugging as she collapsed face first on her soft mattress she muttered through her pillow. “What?” Lilia said smiling slightly “I said…” lifting her head as her jade eyes fell upon her friend “I don’t know where…” Letting out a deep sigh Lilia slid her hand across her cybernetic arm a moment admiring the craftsmanship before she spoke “Yah ever thought…I’m not saying anything but maybe you’re not meant to be the one?” Her blue eyes shifted to Laura whose facial expression changed wholly to that of disbelief. “You and I both read the prophesy….it has to be me! Anyone else would not pass the vale!” she said strongly as if possibly trying to reason.

“I know but…didn’t you ever think what might happen if…I mean when you get there? How are you to return to us? Return to me?” Laura could see the pain swelling in her adopted sisters eyes outstretching her hand she caressed the young maidens cheek forcing a weak smile as she whispered “My dear sister that was not for told so maybe…I shall take part in a bigger plan. But all we can do now is hope, and wait for the right time and pray that I find all the answers…that I find him.” Retracting her hand she slid across the bed and hugged Lilia tightly as tears began to build in her eyes. She knew tonight was the last night. Swiftly wiping the tears and smiling she said kindly “You should get some sleep as the commissioner said he won’t tolerate lackeys.” The girls chuckled before Lilia rose to her feet and bit Laura good night one more time before exiting her room…still having trouble with the door knob.

After her antique way of exit and entering shut she smiled one last time remembering the image of Lilia for she knew in time no doubt she would learn to forget. Looking up the clock mounted on her wall shook her head as she got to her feet and swiftly changed into a simple jeans and red tank top, throwing a denim jacket over herself as she whispered “Its time…” Shaking off all fears she crouched down reaching for her Katana that she always kept attached to the bottom of her bed. Feeling her way she stumbled across a page. Quickly grabbing it she slid it out into the light and gazed it over as she said under her breath “No…impossible…” snickering she rubbed her hand over her head placing the page on the bed “All this time…under the bed and I never thought of looking.” With that she unlatched her blade and tied it around her abdomen just before she unlatched her window and leaped out of it.

Her body spiralled in the air as her locks of hair flew up revealing her full face but only for a moment. On landing she performed on summersault and landed with both feet upon the ground, crouching. The palm of her hand extended digging deep into the sand that surrounded this hidden establishment. Gazing out at the two moons that hovered over this shrouded colony she soon took chase. From her calculations she had less than a quarter of an hour and she had already lost time with Lilia’s unexpected visit. Her eyes inhaled the moon light as the black locks of hair shimmered in the moons’ light. Eventually even though largely exhausted she came to the crater the one she inadvertently crashed into when arriving her.

Sliding down the sandy indent she worked out where the centre was located and stood still in it. Looking at her zenith point she could see both moons were aligned right above her head she knew it was time. Shutting her eyes she said to herself “The moons aligned on the longest night as the Zenith point holds much in sight. The circumference of an untimely flight causes the stars to dance on this unrepeatable night.” An uncanny silence slid across the land as both moons beans seemed to be focusing on her. Shifting her eyes toward the sky as she reached using her right hand. And in the light of both moons the marking of an engraved crimson tail could be seen glowing inserted in her skin. Her hand began to glow as she began whispering in ancient tongues of her forefathers.

Then with a bean of blue fire shooting from her hand she whispered “Gemini…Savage Lands…”