Top 5 current RPGers

• 50 results
Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have been out of the game for a while, and I'm interested in who are (in your opinion) the top 5 current active RPGers.

(This is opinion based no bashing other writers)

*Mercy I will stab you if you lock my thread

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is already a thread.

Mercy, take a stab for the team.

Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Richard Wolfe
Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Panther_genus

@richard_wolfe:

Me myself and I.

Just kidding, although I am very active.

I'd have to say Tyrus_ and the other alts for it should be in the top three. Other than that I'm unsure.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO

Writers like LL, G, Mercy, Nova, Impero and Sha each definitely deserve a mention here.

Then there are some of the newer guys like Maverick 6 and Lichter who are also a writing force to be reckoned with.

I've basically named half of the forum tho' LOL

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

No particular order.

• Obi
  • Licther
  • Nox
  • Dirge
  • Mav
Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzkrieg_: I don't remember a thread for current RPGers just an overall favorites thread. If somebody can find the link I'll lock this.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 mercy is stabbed.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azra is my number 1.

Strigidae_57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_57: No, it's okay. I... I understand. I'm not sure how I'll recover from this blow. But I'll make it through. I'm not sure how. But I'll persevere. I'll find a way.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Strigidae_57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will probably make a full list eventually.

Strigidae_57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually nevermind. There just isnt enough spots lol. Dread, Mercy, Azzy, Wars, Surkit, etc....they all killing it along with the names mentioned. I cant pick five.

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Satai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I see it less as top five and more as depth. There are a lot of great writers here and really no one I would consider practice squad. You could join a random event and have fun with basically everyone.

Miles_Galeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Drake.
  • Drake.
  • Drake.
  • Drake.
  • Drake.
Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal top five (no order) is Maverick, Dreadpool, LL, Impero, and Nox. Maverick writes with so much consistency and detail, and I think he's contributed a great deal to the background of the CVnU. His grasp of tone and efficient way of carrying out attacks / maneuvers IC is really enjoyable to read. To me, he's the definitive "military guy" of the nU.

Dreadpool's a creative powerhouse. He pretty much singlehandedly drove the current nGod overarching plot, which introduced a slew of new characters and storytelling opportunities. Even more impressive to me is how well he can stick with something once he introduces it, in spite of the sheer volume of canon building he brings to the table.

LL's just very good. Ivana is a complex character who manages to create conflict without just being evil. I also think she writes the best 1v1-style posts, enough to make me straight-up sell an instant death on a whim once because I thought the attack was just that well-written.

What can be said about Impero that isn't brought up pretty much every time he posts? Everything feels extremely polished. His way of writing close-quarters combat is simultaneously brutal and artistic. He also happens to have my favorite bios on the site, and I'm a pretty big fan of character profiles in general. He really got me into writing here. Mad props.

Nox, I think, makes the best plotlines. His focus on one character at a time leads to longer, more nuanced stories. Also, he does plot twists pretty well. He and I have been writing collaboratively since November, though, so I guess I'm pretty biased in that regard. First RP we ever did together, he hit me with a great twist ending. There was a Game of Thrones-esque tension to my and his character suddenly teaming up, with people wondering who'd be the first to be betrayed; I think the second twist is that said betrayal never even happened. I have a lot of fun working with him in general.

Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikoleta_strix: you know exactly why I'm doing this...

And you know what happens if you lock one of my threads

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

My personal top five (no order) is Maverick, Dreadpool, LL, Impero, and Nox. Maverick writes with so much consistency and detail, and I think he's contributed a great deal to the background of the CVnU. His grasp of tone and efficient way of carrying out attacks / maneuvers IC is really enjoyable to read. To me, he's the definitive "military guy" of the nU.

Dreadpool's a creative powerhouse. He pretty much singlehandedly drove the current nGod overarching plot, which introduced a slew of new characters and storytelling opportunities. Even more impressive to me is how well he can stick with something once he introduces it, in spite of the sheer volume of canon building he brings to the table.

LL's just very good. Ivana is a complex character who manages to create conflict without just being evil. I also think she writes the best 1v1-style posts, enough to make me straight-up sell an instant death on a whim once because I thought the attack was just that well-written.

What can be said about Impero that isn't brought up pretty much every time he posts? Everything feels extremely polished. His way of writing close-quarters combat is simultaneously brutal and artistic. He also happens to have my favorite bios on the site, and I'm a pretty big fan of character profiles in general. He really got me into writing here. Mad props.

Nox, I think, makes the best plotlines. His focus on one character at a time leads to longer, more nuanced stories. Also, he does plot twists pretty well. He and I have been writing collaboratively since November, though, so I guess I'm pretty biased in that regard. First RP we ever did together, he hit me with a great twist ending. There was a Game of Thrones-esque tension to my and his character suddenly teaming up, with people wondering who'd be the first to be betrayed; I think the second twist is that said betrayal never even happened. I have a lot of fun working with him in general.

Thanks, prick.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my roster.

Firstly, we got Pyrogram. Very first person I really RPed with, so some sentiment there, and really, he's got very solid writing, with excellent gif usage.

Then, probably Nova. This isn't in order, by the way, but she's probably the most compassionate person on CV, and her writing is fire, and she helped me build a Liafador, which actually really helped my character creation after that.

Next up, Dreadpool. Just a ton of versatility. I don't think I've ever seen a dreadpool character where it's like 'this isn't good'. And the dude writes so much than he's given credit for.

Warsman also writes a ton. Like, I'm probably going to die before I ever manage to read all of his stuff.

For five, I'd have to say... last but not least... Lichter.

Begrudgingly, I choose Lichter. :P

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meison_Calidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Gambler. He's a gonna be a cocky asshole about it lol But he can't be denied as one of my favorite to read and also write with, little of it as we do nowadays. Good dude OOC too.
  • Mercy. Writes like a novelist, thinks like an empress. Always fun to write with as well as read. Her descriptive skills force me to step up my game.
  • LG. Greatest world builder I've ever met. Still a fan boy over Force Wars and more recently Gothic Dragon.
  • Sha. Right there with LG on world building but she takes it a whole other direction with building a world, driving it with strong developed characters and the plots of their lives, making the big seem genuinely important and the small stuff equally interesting and somehow getting you interested in finding out how it goes for that character, either Ashley with her eating disorder, Cat with Capgras syndrome or the other handicaps she's accented her characters with that most avoid. Writes like a comic book, reads like one too. Can be a thot sometimes though :P
  • FP. Really great at what he does when he finds time to do it. Most impressive was how he came out of a long hiatus and hit the ground writing with high quality in little to no time in FW and continued to parlay that into a resharpening of his talent. Most recently his post in Atlantis.

Bias for these guys because we're friends, or friends because of these things, idk.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mth and I, obviously.

Avatar image for ziccarra_liafador
Ziccarra_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Sha. Right there with LG on world building but she takes it a whole other direction with building a world, driving it with strong developed characters and the plots of their lives, making the big seem genuinely important and the small stuff equally interesting and somehow getting you interested in finding out how it goes for that character, either Ashley with her eating disorder, Cat with Capgras syndrome or the other handicaps she's accented her characters with that most avoid. Writes like a comic book, reads like one too. Can be a thot sometimes though :P
No Caption Provided

LMAO!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

i'll take on all of them..... Bring the pain

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be time to dust off the newer version of Whisper.

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The top five writers are myself, Lichter, Zaubs, Gambler and Pyrogram. The top five RPGers are myself, Lichter, Gambler, Dreadpool10 and Pyrogram. The top five 'movers and shakers' are myself, Lichter, Gambler, TimeSiphon and Sha.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hawk__: You back?! :D

I missed our NBA talks xD

Avatar image for thebastardwolfe
TheBastardWolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By _Vex_

Give me a month back. You'll see.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't read enough, so I can't choose. xP

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: hell I haven't watched the NBA in forever. Hate pretty much every current player

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hawk__: Didn't we talk about it during the playoffs, tho? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Hell, I suck with names xD

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: possibly.... I'm worse I log in here like 3 times a year

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hawk__: Lmao yeah, I feel like a noob, I log in and still dunno wtf is happening.

Gothic_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gothic_Dragon

@_drake: You're thinking of Crimsonhawk, I think. (or something like that)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothic_dragon: Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I called him Hawk too so there you go xD