Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cognus_

1 Week Ago, Elysee Palace

No Caption Provided

A dark room filled with only a single dimly lit candle was waving with a sense of intensity. The flame upon the wick danced seductively as the soft and subtle hint of lavender wafted into the atmosphere.

The blinds that had adorned the window and been closed shut to prevent curious eyes although it likely didn’t matter being on the third floor of a highly secured home of a political official while the outside scene was pitch black itself. Trees blew quietly with the passing wind of the night and somewhere in the sky, the moon had hid behind clouds. A truly ominous and foreboding tone had been set for the duo sitting across from each other.

“You know why I’m here, Senator.”

The voice of French President Quinn Mercier had broken the silence that had seemed to drag on for an eternity. His face extremely difficult to make out in the room, but his timbre carried a heavy weight of harshness. His clothes were indistinguishable, as was his expression.

“You’re going to kill me like you had Henri killed aren’t you?”

He said through stuttering words as beads of sweat rolled down his cheek and onto his already soaked collar. He swallowed hard, attempting to soothe the dryness of his throat but to no avail. The apprehensive and frightful senator was practically transmitting his uneasiness without any hesitation. This pleased Quinn beyond belief. This power to utilize paid guardsmen to infiltrate and kidnap one of the most well guarded politicians was a newfound one that he had been exercising often.

“Of course not, Leonard. I believe I am more than capable of having someone vanish without holding a conversation with them.”

Quinn brought his leg onto his lap and moved his fingers towards the candle, playing and manipulating the wax like a child would with clay.

“You and the senate of France have your suspicions of me and what it is I have been doing. Perhaps why so many other members of our glorious cabinet have decided to fall in line….Quickly i would like to add. It’s simple. It’s going to be the same reason why you fall in line, Leonard. However, you are special. I have a plan ready to be put into motion just for you. Are you ready?”

The senator’s eyes dilated hard. The human anatomy’s autonomous response from the sympathetic branch that signals the fight or flight response. Clearly, he could do neither.

“In tomorrow’s session, you will move to relinquish all powers from the Senate and The National assembly. Are we clear?”

Quinn leaned forward in his chair so that his face could be seen. The beautiful and charming features that had normally radiated were gone, replaced only with a menacing glare, intensified by the glow of the fire that filled the reflection of his eyes.

“You want me to….abolish our parliament….? You can’t be serious….The others would nev-“

“They already have, Leonard. All your fellow peers have already visited me. You are the last.”

“I don’t have a choice do I?”

Quinn’s eyes fell from Leonard’s and back onto the candle. His index finger and thumb were coated in warm wax that had cooled over into a hard mold. he placed it upon the wick, allowing his own skin to extinguish the dance of the flame while the smoke and soot of it’s demise replaced the lavender aroma.

“You always have a choice. As for the right one, and the wrong one….It’s entirely up to you. For the sake of your family.”

No Caption Provided

French Parliament, Today

“….And as we sit here debating and bickering amongst ourselves, our enemies crawl around our gates like rodents! We have stood idly by and await our demise!”

The once fear filled man from a few nights prior had been replaced by a strong and convincing public speaker. Although his eyes held dark circles around their lids and bags above their cheeks, he did his best to convey a convincing argument, much against his true wishes.

“Quinn Mercier was elected by a landslide and has not only vowed for the future of his people, but of France’s stronghold as a superpower on the world stage. I believe in him. You believe in him!”

Leonard Pierre was making a strong point. The tone of his voice could one day be mistaken for my own. Poor fool. This is what we must do for our children. For our families. I know it doesn’t make sense right now. I know that it might seem like I’m seizing power through underhanded means….But one day very soon, you will see the necessity in all this. Why the means will be justified in the end, and on that day, I will apologize for manipulating you like the marionette you have become.

“….and because of this, I move that we relinquish the powers of parliament….And surrender them to Monsieur Mercier. All in favor?”

His voiced trailed off. The intensity he had initially started with dwindled into nothing more than simple spoken words. It proved it’s desire effect however. Glances were shot from senator to senator as they deliberated within their own thoughts. Some of them truly believed that doing tyrannical things were necessary, but very few. Almost every single one of them had been brimming with despair, unsure of the future in the hands of one man.

“Aye.”

A single word pierced through the anxiety, and slowly, one by one, the all fell in line. Murmured and soft ‘aye’s’ echoed in the hall as faces fell into palms and eyes dropped to the floor before them. Quinn stood from his seat and buttoned his suit top together, a half leer on his stubbled mouth as he did so. The only man in the room to have looked like he had a decent night’s sleep. He was satisfied. Another step towards his end goal.

“I, Quinn Mercier, accept your abdication and hereby declare myself, Chancellor of France.”

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That's how you do it, cut the peasants out of government and start ruling the right way.

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"With thunderous applause."

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zafir_Karim

Zafir will try to use this againt him.

Also James Merrarn will comment on it.

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zafir will try to use this againt him.

Also James Merrarn will comment on it.

Irrelevant.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognus_: Probably. But it doesn't stop me from trying now does it?

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognus_: Besides, you never finished the interview, and now, YOU SHALL PAY!!

Kidding, well mostly. But Probably 60-70% of my interviews other people give up on or forget about so I really just figure it's a hit or miss at this point.

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zafir_karim: Eh. I didn't give up, it ran simultaneously with Quinn's election. He was elected while being interviewed about his candidacy.

Zafir_Karim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognus_:

Meh, could still have been done at the time. Doesn't really matter now though.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey look, that thing I said would happen
Hey look, that thing I said would happen

Cognus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_professor__
The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opposing this for a better timeline.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganymedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I'm pretty sure even though you're president you still have to put up a valid claim thread.

Avatar image for the_professor__
The_Professor__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Professor__

@_vex_: What I mean to say is: if he tries to do anything major, I will stop him.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I'm pretty sure even though you're president you still have to put up a valid claim thread.

You're....(checks the rules)...absolutely correct. My apologies. I'll leave this up and make a voting thread OOC. Thank you for pointing that out.