TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alpha Centauri:

No Caption Provided

Warning sirens blared across Waystation Alpha 3 as its highly advanced long range sensor suite detected its own inevitable destruction. As lead elements of the Time Siphon fleet dropped out of faster than light travel and launched their assault the station's artificial intelligence took images, compiled a report and sent a powerful communications burst straight through the blanket of jamming the fleet ships created the moment they appeared.

The information traveled to a sub-space relay and was immediately sent to the nearest Fleet Commander. The moment they had long anticipated was now imminent, the fleet was on its way to earth. A Thousand Worlds of Rytorus fleet that had been secretly stationed in the void between solar systems launched into FTL. The fleet split itself in half, with one half essentially given a death sentence. They were to intercept the Time Siphon fleet and delay it as long as possible so the other element of the fleet could arrive at Earth before the Time Siphons did.

-----------------

Six hours later, approaching Sol System.

No Caption Provided

Commander Galleton leaned back in his command seat, steepling the fingers of his four hands together as he watched the last battle of his life unfolding. His element of the Thousand Worlds fleet had just caught up with the Time Siphon vanguard and engaged the enemy. "How long do we need to give them?" He asked his second in command. The woman glanced down at her console for a moment. "Two minutes."

"Then we have two minutes to live, better make it interesting." He said with a wide grin. "All forces, weapons free, pick your targets and good luck." There was no strategy, nothing could save his element of the fleet, they were simply to engage and delay, live as long as possible. "Helm, take us in toward that big ugly one. Target their command center and fire everything."

The commander's lumbering ship brought itself around and moved into weapons range. The Time Siphon fleet had begun to return fire to devastating effect, already many of this ships were in seriously damaged condition and a few had exploded, the people and machines reduced to floating debris and fading plasma.

No Caption Provided

The commander's ship shuddered under the impact of half a dozen impacts, advanced torpedoes and fusion beams impacted against his vessel's shields, quickly straining the defense system and threatening it with collapse. "Divert drive power to forward and starboard shields, continue firing." He said calmly. "Seven billion lives depend on our prolonged agony. Keep this ship running!"

The Commander stood, placing one hand on the command chair for stability as the ship was rocked violently by more impact. Its reinforced shielding flickered under dozens of impacts, a merciless onslaught as more than ten Time Siphon ships turned their attention to the lumbering intruder, a wolf had entered their midst and they would defend the most important ship of the fleet with everything they had. The commander's stubborn decision to target the largest vessel and move straight for it paid off as he expected it to, the Time Siphon fleet began to recoil, pulling back into a defensive position and attempting to cut off his own Dreadnought's advance.

The Commander's smile of success soon faded as his keen eyesight discerned a sudden difficulty...his crew had stopped moving. Their fingers rested on their control panels, their eyes remained in one position and when he walked up and nudged one of them, they refused to budge. His eyes then fell on the readouts on their panels only to discover the ship's systems appeared to be frozen in time as well. A sudden chill ran down his significant spine.

A face appeared on his view screen as communication was forced open.

"Hello Commander."

"Varikass." The Command replied with venom dripping from his voice. "I never thought I'd see your ugly face again."

"Oh come now, I've changed faces at least once since last we met." Varikass replied with a sinister smirk.

"With a soul like yours, any face will be ugly." He spat back. "I might have known this stasis was your doing. What now Varikass? Going to send your goons over here?"

Varikass laughed, it was a dark and twisted sound born of tens of thousands of years of fear and pain. "No." He said simply and engaged his Temporal Drain ability. He smiled slowly at the screams of thousands of men and women having their time stolen and feeling the agony of their bodies trying desperately to cling to life as they aged away into dust.

----------------------------

Outskirts of the Sol System

No Caption Provided

A massive fleet belonging to the Thousand Worlds of Rytorus slowed down as it entered the Sol system, but even so it traveled at the fastest possible safe speeds, heading straight for Earth. It began broadcasting a pre-recorded message to Earth on every frequency it could imagine.

"The Time Siphons are right behind us, the invasion is here!"

-------------------------

ooc:

This is the ooc thread for the first event. I will be posting the IC thread in one week.

This event is designed with power houses in mind, a fleet on fleet on hero conflict for domination of the space above Earth. Successful defense will rob the Time Siphons of reinforcements after they deploy their armies via teleportation.

Let me know if you're participating and with who please.

Strigidae_57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some grand-scale shit right here. Nice set-up.

rhys_eichner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im in with Mars

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

In, with Last Guardian.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe with DOMOD

Antidoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In probably with Rapax and Arenaceus but may be others

rhys_eichner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta prep the EVANGELION for this and by prep I mean stop being lazy and finish it.

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Panther_genus

I like it!!

Alright, most any member listed in @Op_blackcat that I think I can manage as well as MAYBE Pietra And Terrance Panther.

@Agent_snow may also be involved.

I also would like to know if the Game Maker (In one of my admirallogic's blogs) might just come around and create havoc on anyone he wants to, just to cause more pain really. Totally optional though.

General_Kanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By General_Kanos
Your challenge is accepted.
Your challenge is accepted.

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the current RP I might be in.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Probably with someone... Not sure who.

Op_blackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Op_blackcat
@panther_genus said:

I like it!!

Alright, most any member listed in @Op_blackcat that I think I can manage as well as MAYBE Pietra And Terrance Panther.

@Agent_snow may also be involved.

I also would like to know if the Game Maker (In one of my admirallogic's blogs) might just come around and create havoc on anyone he wants to, just to cause more pain really. Totally optional though.

Ok, maybenot to many Blackcat agents. I underestimated how powerful they were, just a few I think.

Mr Winters

Kar

Agent Snow

Jetwing

Starspeed

should all be involved,

maybe a few others.

Agmundar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hunterzillas

In with Squirt and Cosmos Ranger, probably Omega.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be part of this.

justin_lockley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Ooh, are we gonna see a martian mech in the mix, by any chance?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justin_lockley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: But spoilers are useful for aerodynamics... :(

Alduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In.

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: Oh, I may use one of these guys.

Probably the sentinal.

P_R_O_W_L_E_R_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By P_R_O_W_L_E_R_

In.

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blitzkrieg_

Wunderbar.

In with me, Joey and Atomikill.

Strigidae_57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In with someone

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to join with Edward.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

le useful bump.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting soon

Varikass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Varikass

@mr_winters:

The only thing I want to point out is I'm not sure you'd be able to locate Varikass already, he's not exactly strolling through Times Square.

Rest of the post is fine =).

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@varikass: Sorry. I'll fix it, but he does use extremely high sensors which can detect biology and powers of a person and can see to unbelievable distances, so finding him wouldn't be impossible.

Still, I'll fix it once I'm back on that account. Just wanted to clarify how.

Mr_Winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Satai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

Thanks :). Don't worry everyone will get their shot at Varikass but I'd rather avoid jumping to that fight before we've done anything else.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about to post but I just wanted to give a quick heads up about my character. He has a space ship of his own and will most likely arrive in space first.

What are the options? Can one enemy ship be defeated?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First and only Lichter post is done.

Bulwark will be next. Not until later, though. Need to finish Pyro interaction with him first.

Avatar image for jean_knightfall
Jean_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That... really, *really* didn't sell the enormity of this. Like, seriously. Earth has never seen an attack on this scale. Hawii would be the closest, and it was confined to state. That's pretty silly IMO.

Satai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Satai

@hudyman:

Single ships are easy enough with good weaponry it's just that there are so many of them. The biggest threats are the really big ships and the three Time Siphons.

Satai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to remind everyone, ground battles will be their own events later even though some likely take place right now.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That... really, *really* didn't sell the enormity of this. Like, seriously. Earth has never seen an attack on this scale. Hawii would be the closest, and it was confined to state. That's pretty silly IMO.

He's nine levels underground and the ground shook. It's more about his apathy than the actual events transpiring. Also, you can tag me if you wanna talk to / about me :P

I'm using Bulwark for this anyhow. I'll sell the attack's enormity there.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Maverick_6

Are you sure?

Avatar image for jean_knightfall
Jean_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: Whatever.

Nah, man! If there's one thing I've learned from CB it's that passive-aggressively posting in Writing Confessions is the best way to start a civilized discourse.

@maverick_6: Not really the point lol

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satai: Wonderful, I'd love to see what happens.

Definitely calling Blackcat agents in with my next post though. Aleron maybe. I'm unfortunately outmatched here, not that it's always a bad thing.

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving everyone else time to get some posts in before i post again.

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Anonymous3

@vael:

I'll get in a reply sometime today then.

Whoo! Blue lanterns!!

...I'm gonnaa dieeeee!!

P_R_O_W_L_E_R_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By P_R_O_W_L_E_R_

@lichter

As the head of the CIA does Von Lichter have access to the US missile array? Could P.R.O.W.L.E.R volunteer to download code so it could be mobile target-designator for warheads beyond the range of US satellites?

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p_r_o_w_l_e_r_: Lichter doesn't have direct access to that, and he wouldn't willingly give it up either ;)

Ninjaboss123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ninjaboss123
Alduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post's up.

powergirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting tonight.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Vael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting on a pair of posts but I think I can respond to everyone else without derailing them. Will post tonight.