RedWhiteBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Previously.

Six months ago, Sam Washington and the Free States were destroyed. The renegade Vice President was killed and his people scattered, the vast majority killed or captured. But one remained. Albert Washington, the scion of the Sociopathic Shield-Bearer. He was presumed dead, but instead fled from the United States, with a few loyal guards and advisors. He sought refuge in Iceland, but that, too, was taken by the United States. So he moved from location to location, fearing discover from US agents at any turn. During this time, he was contacted by a shadowy organization interested in sponsoring his return to power.

With their ill-gotten funds, they allied with the young revolutionary, and created a small city in the mountains, hidden by the powers of the League within a small 'rip' in space. The State. A haven for any who were aligned against the United States. A city of mercenaries, exiles, and renegades.

Location.

The entrance to the State can be found in the arid Sahara, and upon first glance seems like it is simply situated there. However, it is not visible, even when staring right at the place where it should be, until you are at a certain distance. Or rather, the entire city is inside a rip in the fabric of reality. A miniaturized copy of about twenty square miles of the Sahara exists inside ether, inaccessible by anyone not allowed in. Once you enter, you find yourself walking onto a large steel bridge over a chasm that represents the gap between the State and the rest of the universe. Once having entered, one fins themselves unable to speak about it to those unaware of it's existence and location.

Bylaws.

Though the State has many residents, few are permanent. Mercenaries often rent a room for a week, and leave on a job, while some vendors live permanently, leaving only to pick up wares for their shop. Albert Washington is the uncontested leader of the State, though there are no formal rules dictating by what authority he rules, or who would succeed him should he die.

Levels.

The Star.

At the lowest level, of the central building of the city, is essentially a mall. Vendors sell everything from black-market gene enhancements to simple firearms. An up-to-date copy of the official Bounty Board can be found in the very center. And mercenaries between jobs wait to be hired.

Higher up in the building, the command center of the city can be found. Video feeds from all over the city, missile command stations, and the official seat of power in The State are here.

And at the highest level, Albert Washington lives, rarely leaving the building except to hire a mercenary or oversee new construction.

Residential Levels.

In the majority of the middle levels, houses and normal shops, though often selling illicit goods, can be found. It often resembles a NYC street, but with gang symbols spray painted on the walls and armed mercenaries walking the streets.

Garrisons.

Though the State has it's own internal policing system, as well as numerous defenses including fighter jets and anti-aircraft guns mounted around it, it's primary defense is a large active military, garrisoned at the lowest level of the shield-shaped city. Most originate from the Free States' military, and are human but some wear the few remaining Titanium Legion armors, or have metahuman or mutant powers. Those are often leaders in some capacity.

The fully-deployed State Military.
The fully-deployed State Military.

The Bones.

No Caption Provided

The State, as well as being defended by an active military, has a secret police of sorts, known as the Bones. They patrol the city, looking for spies from the US, or anyone who breaks one of the State's laws. They are primarily comprised of powered individuals, or those with some extranormal weapons, armors, or talents.

OOC.

• The new State, same as the old State, except for the differences!
  • You can discover this place if you so choose, so long as you have a reasonable way to find it and no ill intentions.
  • If you wish to attack this place, PM me.
  • Minor destruction is tolerated, but the Bones (not NPCs) will come for you.
  • Set up shop here if you wish.
  • Have fun.
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance

"Me? Oh Toons don't need to drink, or eat... Or sleep." Puzzly counted off the benefits of his kind, quickly getting lost in thought. "Guess I wouldn't mind a cup of tea though, get me a cup of tea too!" He shouted at the excitingly, turning his attention back to Ghost.

"So! What brings you to this lovely place? You seem like the type that has an interesting back story."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

The waiter, almost completely unaffected by the happenings he had just witnessed, brings them their drinks and departs quietly. The Ghost makes her tea strong, and takes a sip.

"Oh, it's nothing much, I'm sure you've heard your fair share of stories," she said modestly.

"I just... travel. This seemed like a good spot to find someone to talk to, so here we are!"

She forgot about the hand of Puzzly's she inadvertently popped off his wrist and it began crawling around on the table.

"What do you want to hear about first?"

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

Puzzly observed Ghost make her tea, following closely. He picked up the kettle and stuck the spout into his mouth, guzzling the entire thing. The more he drank, the more his big eyes started to fill up with tea, like a fish bowl. "Mm! How about where you learned how to shoot like that. That was you who got that maroon's knife earlier, no?"

The tea leaked out of his ear holes, Puzzly's eyes slowly returning to their snow white coloring.

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

She smiled slyly with the proposal of the question, then outright began to chuckle hysterically at the toon's antics.

"Save some for me at least,"

The Ghost leaned back in the chair and finished her cup, setting it down slowly.

"Well, when you grow up a child soldier it's kind of hard not to learn how to use a gun like that. A knife glinting in the sun might as well be a giant sign reading 'hit me'. I really do have to thank you, though. If it were up to the Bones that guy would be thrown into jail eventually and just become more bitter. Now he has a reason to think before he acts so brashly."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

"A giant 'hit me' sign eh? Usually where I come from they really are just giant signs that say 'hit me!'" Puzzly smiled at Ghosts amusement, making people laugh was the reason he existed after all. The Toon switched to a more gruff looking expression, growing a 5 o'clock shadow and chomped down on a cigar. "Don't mention it ma'am, green horn like that had it comin' to him, tell ya what." Puzzly spoke in a thick Texan accent before shaking his head, returning back to his "normal" appearance.

"I just don't like bullies, or tough guys really. The human world has enough problems as it is, people shouldn't let it make them that way."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

"Where you come from, huh?"

She smothered the rest of her question before it popped out of her mind. No way someone like Billy Bobcat really existed, even in a land of living cartoons.

"I like that," she mentioned, indirectly mentioning Puzzly's statement about his world views.

"But sometimes it's just not as easy as swinging a hammer around and cracking jokes."

Her face suddenly told the shadows of a story meant for this occasion, but not in a way that was aggressive towards the toon. She admired the little guy, after all.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

Puzzly caught Ghost's expression, he pursed his lips in concern while tilting his head. "I understand that, I really do, Spooky. But I always believed someone has to crack the jokes. Wanna know why? So when people make the tough decisions, that someone can help them stay in the right light."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

A glimmer of nostalgia flashed in Ghost's eye and her sincere happiness returned. It was just like the cartoons she watched as a kid, even through the nonsensical slapstick and humor, there was still something to come back to.

Something to learn, and cherish.

"You really do know Billy Bobcat, don't you?"

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

"Billy? I think I've seen him in the occasional speakeasy here and there. Not for some time though. Heck, I haven't seen alot of Toons on this side." Puzzly admitted, even disappointingly so. He was one of the very few Toons to actually try and explore outside of their world. It hasn't been since the sixties that Toons were seen in public. "You watched alot of cartoons when you were a kid, didn't ya?"

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

She nodded proudly.

"Back when I was a child in Cairo, we didn't have much. But I remember watching imported American cartoons whenever I had the chance. My favorite, of course, was Billy. He had more to his segments than just slapstick and subtle adult humor. He had morals, and never dropped an anvil on someone who didn't deserve it. He survived by his wits. Something I can admire, even today."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

Puzzly listened with admiration, both hands on his chin. She seemed like a standup woman that he could consider a friend.

"Well, if I ever run into him again, I'll make sure to tell him about ya!" He chuckled, silently ordering another pot of tea.

"You've sold me on this place, Spooky. I think I'm gonna stay here for a while, see what hijinks I can get into."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

The Ghost settled back into her chair, absorbing the warmth of the environment around them.

"Good," she replied with a short laugh.

"If you ever need anything, Puzzly, I'm usually doing recon work in the hill country south of here."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

"Right back at ya! Well, by that I mean if you need anything. Maybe you could use a spotter sometime." Puzzly held up his hands and formed a binocular shape, his eyes actually magnifying as if there were really lenses.

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

"That wouldn't be too bad of an idea actually. It's been kinda hard looking through this side recently,"

She tapped her eyepatch with a finger.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

"Yeah I noticed that earlier, thought you might just be going for that whole pirate look. What happened there anyway? Looked too hard into your scope?" Puzzly joked lightly, only intending to tease.

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepuzzler:

The Ghost returned his question with a slow expression, not one of happiness, though it wore the face of a smile. It wasn't anger, either. She didn't resent him for asking. Melancholy? No. She only lost an eye.

It was more of... guilt, mixed with a bitter nostalgia - refrained in the final moments of completing that mask.

"Heh. I suppose that's half-true," she continued at length.

"Fighting for the freedom of others isn't as easy as the newspapers make it out to be. If you have some astounding power, or mutation, regenerative healing factor... then maybe. But the regular folks?"

She paused.

"We leave pieces of ourselves everywhere we go. I had just completed a recon mission further East of here. I was young, late twenties. Cocky. Just a mistake on my part that someone capitalized on,"

She wanted to change the subject, and looked at Puzzly with a sly inquisitiveness.

"But what about you? Why come here in the first place?"

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

Puzzly was excellent at reading people, usually so he knew what they'd laugh at or not. But he saw the question had some serious weight to it, more than any old anvil. So he just listened to her answer sincerely, and chose not to push any further.

Now it was his turn once again to answer questions. "I just sorta stumbled across this place, ya know? I'd like to consider myself to be a pilgrim of sorts. Wandering the Earth and all that jazz."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deliverance

@thepuzzler:

The Ghost followed through with a genuine show of interest.

"A pilgrim huh? Well, in that case I shouldn't keep you from exploring then," she added with a goading smirk.

"Well, if that is really what you are, then shouldn't you have a ship of some kind - Lief Erikson? Or did you just pop up out of the ground?"

She was legitimately curious about how toons worked, now that she had one in front of her. Were they similar to high-powered extraterrestrials? Or, true to form cartoons applied to real life?

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deliverance:

Puzzly let out a big chuckle, always amused by how obscure Toons have become.

"Well there's these holes between my world and yours. See, they can be made with just paint back home, but here they're just random, and don't last long when they are around. I just picked a random warp and hopped right through, makes things interesting that way."