The Forgotten Land of Carcosa OoC (Empire Claim)

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Strange is the night where black stars rise,

And strange moons circle through the skies,

But stranger still is

Lost Carcosa."- The King in Yellow, Robert W. Chambers

In recent events, through the imaginations and interactions here on the Vine, there has been a noticeable presence of Magic. This, I believe, is a good thing. I have always felt it was a bit under represented. The Occult is a fascinating subject and introduces a multitude of possibilities to the CVnU. There are indeed threads, locations in particular, that have provided a solid foundation. However, as the fates would have it, we as RPGers have oscillating interests and as people are subject to trends. What this Empire Claim's purpose is, among my own personal goals, is establishing a lasting beacon for the Arcane and introduction to muted Weird Fiction into CV lore. It would be much easier to just create a location without existing connections to a country and continue forward. Yet, as I fully intend to become Sovereign of this kingdom a claim must be made according to rules as I have come to understand them. At any rate, it would provide a chance for a solid RP if opposition occurs and allows for magic and non-magic characters to co-exist without seeming a bit odd. I will also appoint a successor, if I win of course, in case the dreaded call of RL takes me away once more. In doing so, ensuring the continuation of the Kingdom of Carcosa so long as interest allots.

Behold the Dark Splendor of Carcosa
Behold the Dark Splendor of Carcosa

The city-state of Carcosa was once an antediluvian bastion for the Sorcerers of Valusia, Lemuria, Thule and Atlantis. For millennia, the serpent worshipping cults crowded its walls in hopes of gaining knowledge in the dark arts. Its location was never placed on maps, but rather passed through oral tradition, as its very name in writing was said to bring around a terrible curse. Only those whose lust for power eclipsed their fear sought out its shores. Overtime, hundreds of Archmages were tutored, taught and reigned in this mystical and foreboding place. Though it is said their souls never left the harrowing rampants of lost Carcosa. During the Great Flood, the old civilizations were swallowed by dark waters and reduced to myths and pseudo-historical accounts.

Yet, Carcosa was not overtaken by the brine, but by thick sheets of ice. Where it was encased, shut away as the mortal realm began to thrive without its influence.

As the modern world, a world of science and logic, has poisoned the air with their machines and industry it has brought on it's own peril. As the ice melts in Antarctica, the spires of Carcosa now glimmer in the starlight once again. Beckoning the sorcerers of today, back to its halls.

Tenjin, Lord and founder of the newly formed Most Noble Order of Technomancers and creator of the draconian philosophy, has set his eyes on claiming the City-state as his own. In the cover of night, his forces have entered, sealed the gates and proclaimed it as their own. Prepared for war, if necessary.

Not to make the same mistakes as the Tokyo onslaught, Katsuro has called out to the Arcane community, stating that a relic from the past has been uncovered therefore it should remain in the hands of those that know it secrets and claim a history to Iit. Demonizing the Chilean Government and the surrounding territories, Tenjin has already begun a political campaign, utilizing the media for his own benefit. Using his newfound abilities to mask his face and voice, referred to as the Imperator of the Order:

"We are but a collection of practitioners of philosophical studies who have no land to call our own. We have been butchered, burned, crucified and staked by the religious and secular organizations for centuries. There are entire tomes of written works who profess the vileness of our beliefs and the tolls and applications necessary to destroy us. I am but a man, who would have for my people a place of refuge from the bigotry and hatred they face. I beg the Nations of the World, ones who love freedom, peace and love, whose power is in a gentle hand rather than an iron fist, aid us. Those that oppose this are in the same vein as the Nazis, who would rather see us dead, homeless and without hope. But this hope, brothers and sisters, this hope is Carcosa. And I, it's future king."

Though plans of the continuation of the Carcosian College of Arcane Arts, the establishment of the Technomancer Order as a path, and Carcosa's declaration as Protectorate of the Occult would resume. The Martial Metatron, behind closed doors, has a very different agenda. One concerned with only advancing a dark crusade; one soaked in blood, dominion and vengeance.

(The location of Carcosa, at least in the nU, lays in the center of the horn of Chilean Antarctic Territory.)

You have three days to oppose this claim.

May the blasphemous blessings of Tom Cruise be upon you if you try to stop me. :P

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanna oppose, but the fear of Tom Cruise...

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....Nah.

The_Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly in.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

ya have my support mate

Avatar image for superior_nobody
Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the sun has set and the day is long

And the heat is sweet-tea thick and wet against your bones

The traffic lights they have a hum,

watching as we pass at night beneath them

We all have debts we leave unpaid,

It’s the weight of the swamp you feel that’s pressing on your back

And the house you build is yours to break,

what good is cake if you can’t eat it anyway

When The Yellow King he comes around,

like whisper hanging in this town

And nothing here is quite like what it seems

Oh, The Yellow King

If a man is bad, then I’m a man

When the knocking of the door is more of me I’ll hold it shut

Can’t hide the hunger and the haunt,

A room kept locked till the day that you get what you want

When The Yellow King he comes for you,

there’s not much anyone can do

But tell yourself it’s nothing but a dream

Oh, The Yellow King

Everything we’ve done or will do, we’ve done over, over again

Everything we’ve done or will do, we’ve done over, over again

It’s the secret fate of everything…

When The Yellow King he comes for you,

there’s not much anyone can do

But tell yourself it’s nothing but a dream

Oh, The Yellow King

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might oppose.

NeroTheInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeroTheInferno

@tenjin: Question: Is this city built on a magical Nexus/Ley Line/whatever you would name them, or is it just a magic user community? Whether or not my character cares at all depends on the answer to that question.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of my characters would try to stop you or care really.