TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Last Night…

The moonlit sky darkened over Washington D.C. as ominous grey clouds circled above the U.S. Capital. Thunder rumbled off in the distance as lightning could be seen flashing among the clouds as a low wing began to blow amongst the ground, causing the leaves to flutter across the steps just outside the Lincoln Monument. Slowly making his way down the steps, whistling softly as he made his way to the bottom step a man dressed in a nicely fashioned suit now stood before the monument of the nations sixteenth President. Looking up at the moon, it’s bright light shinning down upon him only to quickly begin to fade as the clouds rolled before it, the man slowly slipped his hand into his pocket. Pulling out a silver coin, the man flipped the coin, allowing it to spin in the air before then catching it in his hand. “Hello…Madros.”

Turning around, a dark but serious toned voice could be heard as the figure in a dark suit and a blood red bat symbol on his chest appeared from within the shadows that had cast themselves around them both. Standing before the villain, Charles slowly pulled his mask back revealing his blood shot eyes as lightning flashed above the monument. “Well, well, MR. Barnes. I was wondering when you’d show up, are you doing alright, you look tired boy.” Letting off a slight grin, the villain continued to flip his coin in the air as the two stared at one another. “So let me guess, you’re here to take me in now is that right?” Charles simply glared at the villain, his eyes burning through Madros as the wing began to pick up around them. Giving him a curios look, Madros flipped his coin once more as he then caught it in his hand. Placing the coin on his hand, he lifted it just enough to see which side it landed on before then looking back up the hero.

Alright, alright you got me. I’ll go quietly.” He said with a chuckle in his voice, holding his hands up just level with his head as if he were surrendering. Looking away, Charles’ eyes looked up towards the clouds as flashes of lightning could be seen more frequently now. “I’m tired of this.” The disturbed hero said in a low voice, almost a whisper as he continued to look up into the pitch black sky, “I’m tired of this stupid game.” Madros lowered his hands slowly as he once again began to flip his coin, “What are you babbling on about, Barnes?” Clutching his hands tightly, rolling his fingers up into two fists Charles quickly turned to face Madros, rage now flowing from his eyes, “This! This stupid game we keep playing, I’m tired of it! I’m tired of playing it!” Madros’ eyes widened, taken aback by the young hero’s sudden outburst.

War Killer continued, running his hands through his blondish brown hair, clutching his locks tightly as if he were going to rip them out, “The same thing we’ve always been doing…we catch you, you break out; we catch you, you break out; we catch you, you break out. And every time we do, more people die because of it! People die…” Slowly Charles lowers his head, casting his eyes in darkness as his tone grows softer, “…people we love die.” A grin slowly appeared across Madros’ cheeks as he heard the boy’s pathetic words, “Are you telling me this all about your little lover getting hurt?”Jerking his head backwards, the anger filled boy lashed out at Madros, “It’s about doing what we should have done a long time ago!” Madros smirked, “Oh, and what would that be?” Swiftly Charles pulled out his PX5 Plasma Pistol as he aimed directly at Madros.

“The world’s gone to hell and it’s time someone finally did something about.” Clutching the handle of his gun, his sweat drenched fingers clasping around it, War Killer’s eyes glared into Madros’ as rain slowly began to pour down around them, “Starting tonight…evil dies.” Letting out a slightly contained laugh, Madros smiled humorously at the boy, “Oh please, you don’t have the g--”

BLAM!

KRAKAKOOM!!! Thundered roared through the unheveanly skies above as Madros’ lifeless body fell backwards to the ground, his silver coin still flipping through the air as it bounced off the ground next to his body landing on the scared side. Smoke flowed from the barrel of the pistol as War Killer stood of Madros’ body, seeing the bullet hole burnt through his skull as his dead filled eyes now stared off into nothingness. Pulling his mask back over his face, War Killer vanished within the shadows from which he came.

Location: Champion City. One month ago, just after Our World Aflame

Throwing his shield on to his bed, Charles made his way out onto his apartment balcony. Pulling his mask back, he looked out at the city before him as his mind wondered on the Champions most recent mission. After responding to a series of devastating explosions, the team finally learned of the master mind behind the various bombings, the villain known as Madros; only to have the devious villain escape from C.O.P.’s custody. Letting out a low sigh, Charles placed his hands on the balcony railing as he hung his said in annoyance. BOOM! Suddenly the whole apartment shook as a large explosion could be seen from Champions Tower.

Arriving at ground zero just minutes later, Charles got out of his car as he looked upon Champions Tower which now was partly destroyed. Seeing Eclipse, Charles quickly rushed over towards him, “What the heck happened, E?!” Charles asked as he approached him, noticing right away that something was off. “Charles…” Jason said cautiously. “What is it, what happened here?” He began asking Jason who stood in front of him, not letting him pass through. “We don’t know yet, some kind of explosion but…I can’t let you go back there yet.” Looking at his best friend curiously, Charles’ worries began to grow. “Why…Jason, what’s going on?” Eclipse looked at Charles with a pale look on his face. “Where’s Talon…? Jason, where is Laura?” As Eclipse’s eyes fell to the ground, Charles quickly pushing his way through, his eyes widened as he found Talon lying on a stretcher.

“LAURA!” Falling on his knees next to her, half her body was covered in burns and her most of her skin was ripped off. “No, no, no...oh baby, can you hear me? Laura, can you hear me baby?” Placing his hand on her half burnt face, her emerald green eyes opened as they looked up at him, a tear rolled down her cheek as her eyes slowly closed once more. “SOMEONE HELP ME OVER HERE DANGIT!!!” Charles shouted with rage in his voice, not leaving her side.

Now in a medical room, Charles stood over Laura’s body as it now laid in a hospital bed; her body already beginning to heal. “Its okay baby…you’re going to be fine, you’re going to be just fine.” He whispered to her as he rubbed his hand against her now almost completely healed cheek. The doctors had told him that her healing factor was still working but she was currently in a coma. After speaking with Eclipse, he confirmed that it was Madros who had planted the bomb inside the tower. “This is all my fault.” He whispered as he looked down at her, only to be interrupted by a doctor entering into the room.  “Uh sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leav--” But before the man could even finish his sentence, his eyes shot open with fear as he found himself now penned up against the wall as Charles hand now clasped around his neck.

“Where’s Nurse Jane? I don’t want anyone else looking after Talon but her, where is she?” Charles’ voice was now filled with anger as his fingers tightened around the doctor’s throat. “D-didn’t…anyone…t-tell you?” The man slowly said as Charles grasp slowly loosened. “What?” A look of confusion covered Charles face. “Nurse Jane is d-dead. S-she was killed in the explosion.” His eyes widened with shock as he released his grip over the man’s throat completely. Turning away from the doctor, Charles’ hand grasped the end of Talon’s bed. “But I assure you I’m very well qualified to watch over--”“Get out.” Charles cut him off again as the rage could be felt building in his voice. “B-but--?” Suddenly Charles turned back as he lashed out towards the poor doctor, “GET! OUT!”

Not thinking twice the man exited the room as Charles leaned his back up against the wall, allowing his body to slide to the ground. “I did warn you, y’know.” A voice said causing the young hero’s head to rise towards the door to find the same little redheaded girl he met just before he confronted Gambler for Talon’s daughter now standing in the doorway. “What?” He asked in a confused tone. “I told you that something bad was about to happen, but you didn’t listen to me.” She said as she leaned herself up against the door archway. “What are you even doing here, um--” “--Abby--” “--Abby.” She corrected him as he slowly rose to his feet.

“I had something I needed to tell you.” Turning away from her, he placed his hand on Talon’s bed railings, “Oh, and what’s that?” He asked her annoyingly. “The thing you never want to admit,” giving him a soft smile, her emerald green eyes watering up as if she were about to cry, “you can’t save everyone.” Jerking his head back as her heard her, he was shocked to find the doorway empty and the girl gone; leaving only her words to echo in the young disturbed hero’s mind.

Location: The apartment of Eclipse and War Killer, one month later…

SMASH! The sound of his fist smashing into his mirror echoed through the apartment as the frustrated hero let out a roar of rage. Shards of glass scattered onto the floor as War Killer fell backwards sitting now on the end of his bed. For the past month he had been searching for Madros, looking everywhere could and anywhere he could think but finding nothing. Talon had still not woken up from her coma and that only helped to ignite the rage that was burning inside the distraught hero. “Trouble sleeping?” The mocking voice of Hesperus said as the young assassin slithered his way into Charles’ room. “What do you want, Damian?” Charles asked, his voice filled with both frustration and annoyance. “Oh I just thought I pay our resident Star-Spangled Hero a visit was all…” Smiling devilishly, the young boy stared at Charles, “…oh and I thought you would like to know that I know where Madros was.” Clutching the boy by his collier, the impatient hero jerked the boy closer to his face as his eyes glared down his own. “How would you know where he is?” Damian continued to smile, obviously not intimidated by Charles’ attitude. “Oh please, do you really think you were the only one looking for him? Eclipse has had me searching for him since the bombing.” Loosening his grip, Charles sat back on the edge of the bed, “So why are you telling me and not Eclipse?”

Damian continued to grin, his hands resting behind him as he walked over towards the door, “Because we both want the same thing.” Charles looked at the little brat curiously, “Oh yeah, and what’s that?” Damian looked back at him, “We both want Madros dead…but hey, that’s not what heroes do right?” He asked only to continued, not allowing Charles to answer, “But anyways, I thought you might find these of some use.” He finally said, handing War Killer a folder with information concerning Madros’ current location. Reading through the files Hesperus had collected, he couldn’t deny that he was impressed with the young assassins’ info gathering. Apparently Madros was hiding out in Washington D.C. disguised as a politician. Looking up from the files, Charles find himself staring into the mirror, his partly shattered face glaring back at him, “Gotcha."

Location: Titans Tower, Vine City, former home of the Vine Titans; Now…

The moonlight shined down upon War Killer as he stood on the roof of the currently destroyed former home of Vine City’s Titans. Wearing the same black suit he wore just the night before, he pulled his mask back as he looked out at the moonlit city. “Charles…” Turning around, Charles looked up to find Eclipse floating down towards the rooftop, his voice filled with a serious tone, “…we need to talk.”

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By talon_x23

Champions Apartments, Midnight.

“He’s gone Jason!”her voice echoed off the empty hall way of Champion Tower as the emerald eyed assassin stormed from her room clutching a letter tightly in her perspiring hands. Pushing past Eclipse and War Killer’s dorm Laura found Jason standing by his window staring out at the darkened thundering sky above. Pausing she soon realized that he was aware of this. “He’s gone through a lot Laura.” She could hear her old friends voice slowly whisper as he turned to look at her. She could see the exhaustion in his eyes, and the rings under them. “Like what?”

It had only been a matter of hours since Laura had awoken from her month coma, she was distraught and discombobulated to the changes around her, and for her own well being she had a feeling that Eclipse had not brought her up to speed on the latest news, for fear of her having mental damage. Breathing heavily Laura wandered into Charles’ room. His scent still lingered strongly off everything, yet one thing that unnerved her was the smell of a gun. Hesperus’ scent was here too but she couldn’t make out the scenario. Her brain was still running in circles and because of her running she had gained a headache.

Sitting down she brushed her hands through her drenched midnight blue locks of hair to hide the tears that slid down her check. Thunder cracked and lightning shot down from a nearby window causing the shadows to dance once more. Another bolt of lightning brought her emerald eyes up face to face with Eclipse that stood in the door way. Swiftly she wiped the tears aside brining her hair before her face as she let out a deep heart filled sigh. Her finger tips were trembling and she could feel her body retaliate against her for all the strain she had already put on it. “A lot has happened” She could hear Jason say clearing his throat as he entered the room and leaned against the far wall.

Sniffing her voice slightly shaky she replied “Then bring me up to date.” The moment those words left her dry lips a solemn remorseful look fell upon her good friends face as if he regretted ever mention his sentence. “I’m not so sure that’s a good Idea Laura. You’ve only been up for a few hours give your body rest.” Dashing to her feet her bright eyes flashed yellow “Jason the man I love is missing! Everybody is treating me like an invalid! The apartments are practically deserted and the Champions tower is in ashes!” She was almost screaming when finally tears broke through her jade eyes as they slid down her pail cheek. Feeling all the sudden exhaustion return she collapsed on the bed below trying to sit up straight.

Jason slowly approached her and sat besides her placing his hand on her shoulder.  Her shoulders were resting on her legs as she had her head cast down practically invisible between her midnight blue locks. “Nurse Jane is dead” he said in tone that had so emotion but lacked it at the same time. Laura’s body froze her heart skipped a beat as her eyes stared filled with terror at the floor. “You’ve been out of it for a month. Most of the champions are out helping repair the damage done by the explosions.” Slowly she lifted her head her tear stained face looking back at his “What of Charles?” Letting out a solemn sight Jason continued “Charles….was impacted the worst. He holds himself responsible Laura for things he couldn’t control! He was shattered when he saw you unconscious, hurt by a madman that he…” Eclipse paused before continuing “That we were suppose to catch for good”.

There was a long silence between the two until finally with a voice filled with worry Jason looked Laura in the eye “I’m afraid we’re losing him!” He finally said in despair his head sinking down. Talon looked out the window at the dancing lighting beyond the window and the pouring rain that rattled against the roof top. “Its my fault…” Laura said her voice broken with pain. “All of it…if I hadn’t been there if…I could saved her…” she whispered tears swelling in her eyes. “And now she’s dead and Charles….he’s gone.” With that she began to cry placing her trembling hands over her face as she wept. Jason not able to bear seeing her this way slightly placed his hand against her check to force her to look him in the eye. “I’ll find him Laura. And I’ll bring him back.” He said in a determined tone eyes locked.

Strange things happen in strange circumstance at least that’s what happened here. As the rain continued to pour outside, and while the thunder rolled and lightning crashed Laura found it hard to break her glance from him. Slowly she leaned forward closing her eyes as she pressed her lips against his a mere moment. Instead of breaking off and blaming the drugs pumped into her system the kiss continued from both sides. It was said that curiosity killed the cat, well for these youths it’d be much worse. For unknown to either of them what might have seemed like a flash of lightning penetrating the darkness in the room it was infarct…the flash of a camera.

A Month Ago: Champions City

“Where is he Hesperus?” Laura demanded fists clenched as she glared down at the little devil. He remained silent for a few moments until she finally lost her patience and grabbed the little brat by the collar “Where is he!” She said almost growling. In swift painful retaliation the little mercenary released a silver blade from its sheath and sliced it across her wrist vanquishing the grip she previously had on him. Letting out a feral cry she unleashed her talons and once again the assassin and the little tactician crossed blades. Their eyes beadily staring at one another as tension began to rise. “ Where is he!” She snarled pushing him back her claws before unleashing her foot claw and aiming to slice his arm. He retaliated with a quick leap just missing her claw and gracefully landed crouching down, with that same cocky smirk on his little face.

It hadn’t been long since Talon returned from her mission with Shadow Squad, and Hesperus alerted her of the mission War Killer and Eclipse had undergone. He mentioned that War Killer was slightly wounded and in the infirmary and now Talon was on edge demanded to know which one. “You little brat!!” She growled charged toward him sending her right hand toward his face with lightning precision. Her attack just barely missed the little brat as she managed to slice the side of his check before he prepared to stab his silver blade toward her shoulder. On seeing the glint of the silver she performed a back flip landing on all fours crouching down. Breathing heavily she could feel her adrenalin rushing, this little brat always managed to get her going, she liked that about him, and in truth enjoyed their little cut throat sparring windows.

Slowly calming herself down she rose to full height glaring down at the weasel a moment with a cocky smile of her own mimicking him, it appeared she had already picked up a few traits from this mini sleazebag. “Hesperus….please show me were War Killer is.” She did her best to remove the ferocity from her voice but it still lingered slightly. The young boy just looked at her curiously with his beady eyes before swiftly spinning on his heel and striding proudly toward one of the towers in Champion city. As they entered the building Laura brushed her hands through her hair admiring the craftsmanship. As he eyes scanned the area they fell upon Hesperus that seemed ore on edge than usual. She wasn’t sure if it was just her but he seemed to be slightly perspiring but she knew not why. Taking an elevator to the top level on the way the doors parted for her to see Nurse Jane standing before the two of them. He expression was that of shocked joy as a bright smile curled upon her lips.

Stepping into the lift with the three she turned to Laura sliding her clip bard under her arm. “So Laura, its been a long time hasn’t it?” she said that same bright smile curled upon her lips. Talon shook her head grinning slightly, she honestly loved Nurse Jane to pieces the woman was so full of wisdom she honestly thought of her like a second mother. “Yeah I know. I’m doing well, just returned from a mission…Oh!” Laura said diverting her eyes to the brooding Hesperus in the corner, who seemed to be impatiently glaring at the numbers on the elevator as they continued going up. “I know it takes forever doesn’t it?” Nurse Jane said tossing the kid a bright smile noticing how he watched the numbers go up.

Hesperus just glared at the woman and then continued staring. “ That is Damian…Hesperus at least that’s what he answers too. “ she shrugged her shoulders as Mrs Jane chuckled. “Wow you must have your hands full then.” But before Laura could even reply a sudden quake hit the entire building as the whole elevator shook bringing all three individuals to their knees. Smoke could be seen from below making a tower to the skies as the elevator continued to jerk as it rose higher and higher. Laura’s emerald eyes dashed to the ground below as she could see a blazing fire that had consumed the whole bottom floor of the tower. “It’s a fire!” She said looking to ensure the Hesperus and Nurse Jane was a light. Beside some scratches and bruises they were fine, but the little brat seemed even more unnerved than usual.  

Laura attempted to get to her feet but another violent shake caused her to tumble backwards once again. The Elevator then began shake and tremble as another quake shook the building, but this time instead of fire below Laura could see pillars of smoke above them descend into the heavens. “something went wrong..” she heard the little boy mutter that caused her to pity him and stand firmly on her feet. “No we’re not!” Laura said courageously. “Nurse Jane!” She said locking eyes with the woman “Boost me up we’re just below the 11 floor and hopefully the fire wouldn’t have spread there yet." Like clock work the assassin and nurse got to work boosting the young Lycan on the roof of the elevator, then Hesperus and finally pulling Nurse Jane to join them.  

The Elevator shaft over looked the whole Champions island through clear glass, it was a shame that someone had to lay waste to it. With time being the essence Laura noticed a ladder ascending upward. Wasting no time she began climbing it and suggested that the others follow her lead. To her surprise Hesperus hadn’t insulted her taking command once he actually hadn’t said anything at all. As they reached the metals doors of the 11 floor Laura unleashed her talons and carved a hole through the icy metal so she and the others could crawl through. Released that they were on ground again their hope sunk to see on either sides of them fire was burning. Smoke clouded their view instantly they all dropped to the ground crawling on the floor. “We need to get down somehow…” “How about the bedding shaft?” Nurse Jane shouted, Laura stopped and glanced back at the woman curiocity written on her face. “In the infirmary on this floor there is a shaft where stained bedding and clothing is pushed it, it leads to the 3rd floor, washing department.

A glimmer of hope was in Laura’s eyes as she smiled at the woman. “Alright lead the way!” They followed Mrs Jane and Laura finally leaned her head back to star at the seemingly distressed Hesperus. “We’ll be okay Hespy, I promise I’m going to get you out of here.” She was shocked at the compassion of her tone and swiftly moved on to realize that they had reached their destination. The fire seemed to spread violently as their passage behind them closed abruptly with a piece of the ceiling falling behind it. Time running out. “Quickly! Over here kids!” Laura suddenly caught glimpse of her good friend and the shaft she was speaking of, thank God it hadn’t caught fire.  Hesperus was the first to slid down it whether he liked it or not Talon practically picked him up and shoved him down the hole.

“Alright now you” Laura said directing her eyes to Nurse Jane. Suddenly a painful look appeared in the woman’s aged face as she let out a heart filled sigh. “Sadly…someone needs to keep this gate open, if I release my hands from this lever the door at the bottom will shut and you’d be trapped." Laura’s eyes shot wide as she understood what the woman was saying. “No….never! You’re going down there, and I’ll find another way!”“ There is no other way!!!!” Laura was shocked to hear the woman shout with such vigor. Tears began welling at the base of her eyes as Nurse Jane forced a smile. “Laura, I’m an old woman, I’ve lived life , you haven’t.” “NO!!” Laura shouted Placing her hands over Jane’s attempted to release her of holding the lever.

“I won’t let you die! I won’t! Never! Go down the tunnel I have a healing factor I’ll find another way!” Tears were now streaming down Talon’s eyes as her hands shook while clutching Nurse Jane’s . “How my child! We’re a hundred feet up, and nowhere to go, I don’t care how good your healing factor is, it can’t make you fly!” The pain in the woman’s voice was unbearable and Laura knew she was right. “Go my child please, just go…” she whispered her blue tear stained eyes looking at her emerald eyed friend. “I’ll keep the door open on the other end…” Talon whispered before coughing due to the smoke. "You'd make a good hero..." Nurse Jane said coughing also. Laura her voice so broken she was unable to speak nodded her head and readied herself down the shaft.   But suddenly she felt the woman’s hand on her shoulder. “Laura, there are a lot of things you’ll never know. Secrets that will go with me....you're not alone Child, there are forces at work that neither you, Charles or even Jason are aware of.. but always remember this one thing: You can’t save everyone.” 

And with that at full speed Laura’s body slid down the tight shaft until finally landing in a pile of washing. Swiftly turning around she could see the two metal doors about to shut and swiftly placed her hands on both side keeping they open. “Slid down!”She shouted through the tunnel hearing no response except the echoing of burning flames! “Jane! I have the doors! Slid down!” she was now crying as she screamed out in desperation one last time. “SLIDE DOWN!!!” but again there was no reply. She had almost lost all hope when she finally heard something coming down toward her. Her eyes wide filled with hope as she watched it come around the corner, but like that all hope extinguished. It was Nurse Jane’s necklace, the one she had carried around her neck all along, stained with blood.

Suddenly a cry instantly caused Laura to leap out of the containment and dash out the door only to see Hesperus’ cloak caught under some rubble along with his ankle. “Damian…” she whispered to herself as she dashed forward but instantly stopped to avoid being crushed by a large piece of burned up building. Not willing to let his life waste away she pushed past the heat and leaped over the burning ashes. The fire scraped against her already bruised and cut completion. Eventually she reached him hand singed and hair sizzling. “I’ll get you out of here…” she whispered  as she forced her hand to clutch the heated metal that laid over his ankle. Letting out a cry of pain she ignored her burning flesh and pulled it off him freeing him.

Breathing heavily she grabbed the boys hand and pulled him to his feet as she dragged him down the opposite hallway. He said nothing and she didn’t ask anything as they finally reached the stair well. A sigh of relief went through her lungs as they began descending. But like the previous situations everything took a turn for the worst as the stairs above gave way and their burning flesh fell blocking Laura and Hesperus’ path forward. Now trapped on either side Laura looked down at the sweat drenched boy's face and then at the burning pieces of metal that was before them. “Damian…” she said causing him to look at her in astonishment. “I give you no choice. You're stubborn impossible and you always contradict me...but I consider you a friend. Tell Charles I love him…and  I’m sorry...” she whispered before grabbing him by the waist and charging toward the flames before tossing him over them and sending his body on the other side, while leaving herself to be consumed by the flames.

Present: Champions apartments/Next morning.

Laura’s sweat drenched body bolted upward as her midnight blue hair stuck to her face. Breathing heavily she glanced around the empty room to see no singes of Eclipse. Outside the sky was still dark and the rain continued to pour relentlessly without ceasing, which reflected how she felt. Sliding her feet off the bed she suddenly pressed against something and soon heard a loud “Ouch!” from below her. Suddenly her eyes darted to the floor to see Eclipse laying face up in a sleeping bag below her. Slowly he sat up and rubbed his hands against the back of his head before giving Laura a weak smile that soon faded. “Laura….I’m sorry. I searched the whole night…I couldn’t find him.” Jason paused a moment before getting to his feet “I came here only an hour before dawn and saw you were restless so I thought I’d stay and watch over you in hope of Charles’s return.”

Laura’s eyes lowered as she got out of bed and wandered toward the window her finger tips wrapped against the sill staring out at the stormy weather that laid ahead. “Jason! Laura!” A familiar voice shouted from the hall and suddenly burst into the room. Blair stood, hair drenched from the rain and clothes soaked while panting heavily! “Turn the TV on now!” she said and Jason was quick to do what she asked. “Blair I don’t have time to…” “Flip to channel 9!!” she continued ignoring the slight annoyance in Jason’s face. “You guys have to see this!” she muttered as she walked over to Laura pulling her in front of the television.  Finally Eclipse managed to get the right signal and on full max the voice of the news reported astonished all three youths.

“Last night between the hours of 10:00 and 11:30 Politician Steven Macros was murdered at point blank in his own home. The Killer was said to be dressed in a black uniform with a crimson red bat emblem on the chest-“ He paused a moment as a young woman came to whisper something in his ear his eyes went wide as the words “you did?” could be heard uttered from his mouth. Regaining him composure he continued “This just in folks, it appears we have some hidden footage taken of the murder, revealing the motive, and murderer of Macros.” The screen then flipped to the stare down between Madros and this masked vigilantly. “Blair we don’t have time for-“ But Jason was swiftly cut off as CPG exclaimed impatiently pointing at the television. “Look! Both of you just look….isn’t it…” “Charles…” Laura whispered as she watched the murderer remove his mask. His brown locks and enraged emerald eyes was enough to gain both Laura and Jason’s attention. It was War Killer…he was the murderer. They watched the video once again now with full attention as the media repeated the video.

Blair walked over to the television set attempting to turn it off but only to switch to channel 8, hoisting the latest gossip. And too all three of their horror an image of Eclipse and Laura sharing a seemingly passionate kiss was flashed across the screen along side an image of War Killer and Talon lip locked as well.  This can’t be happening!” Jason shouted as he heard the female reporter speak. “And I repeat folks, it appears that despite their powers, even in the beds of heroes there are scandals brooding.” Blair was silent in shock, Jason was seething with anger and Laura....Laura was long gone.