• 121 results
Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perezite

Hello ya'll. This a thread intended to help establish and fix up the intro and rules I have for a concept that I call, "The Demi-god Squad."

Anyone can join in and help me sort this out if they see fit.

The intro, followed by the rules I have so far, can be found below:

"You find yourself drifting in a void. Somehow, and you don’t know why, the colors your senses pick up constantly shift from across the spectrum featured in the classic ROY G. BIV acronym as well as black and white. You’re unsure as to why, but, somehow, you’re mind can just tell how timeless this place is. You tell yourself it’s the amount of tachyons bombarding your immense cognitive abilities.

“You’d be correct…” In front of you, from dust you didn’t even know was floating in this otherwise perfect void before, something forms. A being. One that looks very much like a human, but experience with or reading about gods and shape shifters has taught you otherwise. Plus, you can just FEEL the immense power radiating off of him. “Greetings and welcome foolish mortals and/or timeless type immortals. I am an entity of vast power. Enough to tear asunder the very Universe you all call home if I so choose. Q. The Q entity. Aren’t I so clever?”

He puts a hand on his hairless chin and tilts his head, leaning it somewhat to the right, and smiles widely. You can tell he’s trying to looks distinguished, like those old black and white photos of writers sitting on a chair and smoking a pipe. To you though, it just comes off as pretentious and, to be frank, kinda unintentionally creepy. But, hey. If you had the kind of power this joker had, chances are, if you didn’t turn evil, you’d be a clown too.

“Ignoring those mental jabs of yours, despite all that I can do, greater forces than even I have…dictated that, if I am to enjoy myself within your realms, that the most fun I can have is organizing you lot of little godlings into a fighting force able and ready to defend it, the galaxies, and all the little nebulae therein.”

He looks at you for a moment. You can feel him probing deep into your soul despite all of the defenses you have put around it naturally or through other methods.

“Don’t look so surprised little godlings. I mean, make no mistake: your cognitive abilities are as far below mind as mere mortals are below yours, but surely you not so stupid, naïve, or BOTH that you thought a being such as yourself could retain the power you do, the power of a demi-god, and not be sufficiently challenged? Don’t get me wrong, I love beating up on costumed whackos mere mortals couldn’t hope to defeat on their own or existential brooding as much as the next reality warper, but I’m here to tell you that you’re ready to step up in the balance of conflicts, kiddos. Those gimmicky men you’re used to fighting will now replaced by things that can actually hurt you, more often than not, and I have given you one of the greatest reasons to exist ever in your cosmos. That’s right.”

He places his arms over his chest. Despite the jovial attitude he had before, something about him seems more serious, more solemn, when next he speaks.

“Worlds will live. Worlds will die. The same can and likely will be said for entire sectors or quadrants. All of that effort, all of that weight, will be carried upon your shoulders until either the day when time has used you up or you are slain in battle. Perhaps even more literally than you’d expect.”

With that bit of grim reality told to you, a smile creeps up Q’s face. Well…not so much creeps up as it is just there faster than the speed of light without explanation. “But now is not the time for such thought. That will come much later after experience has set in and taken its toll. Now is a time of new acquaintances and friends…possibly…”

With a snap of his finger, an image appears in-between him and yourself. It is of some sort of construct floating somewhere within the depths of space. Its shape is somewhat reminiscent of a chest of gold or toys only with rounded edges. Emblazoned boldly in dark yellow at the top and all other sides of the construct is an old letter from the Greek alphabet that looks like, λ within and equally yellow circle. The rest of the hull is painted in a dark and rusty looking gunmetal orange and black.

“This, is Lambda station.”

Lamba! So that’s what that letter is called! You have to admit that, while it’s not as catchy as Alpha, Beta, Delta, Sigma, or Omega, is still has a nice ring to it.

“It will serve as a mobile base and home for you lot, probably for the rest of your lives. It is capable of traversing galaxies within seconds, the space between galaxies and dimensions within this universe in minutes, and, on the odd occasion, the space in-between Universes in hours. It is equipped with all the amenities, gizmos and doo-dads, and magic I decided to put in to make your lives as comfortable as I desire before your timely or untimely demises.”

With another snap of his fingers, Q’s outfit, a futuristic military jumpsuit, changes into something your stereotypical tourist would wear at the stereotypical luau mainlanders think Hawaiians have instead of a barbeque (thank you pop cultural misconceptions). Complete with sunburnt face, tanning lotion on his nose, and a wide brimmed sombrero.

“Now, eat, drink, be merry and mingle damn you!” he says, holding a pair of maracas in both hands. “Believe me: you’ll wish you had if you hadn’t…”

Everything flashes white for a few brief seconds. You now find yourself presumably on Lambda station, staring out into space via a large porthole a hundred meters tall and dozens of meters wide. In the air, there’s a funky and fun jazz beat from way back when. To your left and to your right are several other people. Like you, you assume they must be some form of demi-god or another or, at the very least, possess demi-god level power comparable to your own. Finding Q chatting it up with a man with glowing green eyes, a grey business suit, and a brief case in the center of this ballroom, for lack of a better term, you decide to follow the entity’s example and strike up a conversation with the nearest being."

Rules concerning ATTRIBUTES so far:

1. Everyone starts off with the following stats, with the ten attributes of Strength, Speed, Acceleration, Physical Durability, Telepathic durability, Soul durability, Fighting Skill, Cosmic Awareness, Compressed Destruction, and Power Proficiency:

-Earth Shattering Strength (A minimum lifting/striking strength equivalent enough to hold or destroy an earth sized planet if they wanted to).

-Light Speed (A minimum movement/combat speed equivalent to travel at the speed of light in real space and fight at that speed if they wanted to)

-Light Second Acceleration (A minimum acceleration that allows the character to accelerate to the speed of light within a single second).

-Earth Shattering Physical Durability (A minimum durability that is enough to survive earth shattering blows (barely)

-Earth Conquering Telepathic Durability (A minimum amount of durability enough to resist assaults on the mind powerful to take over all life forms on the planet earth)

-Earth Conquering Soul Durability (A minimum amount of durability enough to resist assaults on the soul powerful enough to sunder the souls of all life forms on earth)

-Earth Conquering Fighting Skill (A minimum amount of fighting skill suitable enough to best all of earth's finest mortal warriors were you mortal like they were in hand to hand combat or with some sort of melee weapon).

-Earth Sized Cosmic Awareness (Cosmic Awareness that allows them to get some kind of clue of what's going on and of an objects characteristics and what has to be done within an immediate area spanning the circumference of an earth sized planet (24,901 miles/40,075 km) in a SPHERICAL DIRECTION from the character's mind. However, if the character wanted to know something SPECFIC going on at, say, a star-fleet battle far away (like the weak points of each ship or how it's going) in a LINEAR DIRECTION, then the surface area of the earth would be used for how far they could stretch that cosmic awareness for that one thing (316, 899, 308.041 miles/510, 000, 000 kilometers. Can be negated by more cosmically aware characters).

-10 percent Compressed Destruction (A minimum amount of compressed destruction. Compressed destruction is the concept that characters can control the amount of force they strike with so that collateral damage is minimized and only their intended target is hit and or harming. With this, ten percent of the damage you can do to an Earth Sized planet were you to fight someone of your scale inside the atmosphere does not seep out into the surrounding environment and cause collateral damage. Ninety percent destruction of the earth though, is still well within life-wiping levels, so try and keep fights in space, would ya little Godling?)

-10 percent Power Proficiency (Measures the proficiency of the various extra powers you have).

2. Everyone gets TEN POINTS to spend on their attributes and to be allocated to whatever attribute(s) you want.

3. After missions, more attribute points will be given out.

4. Each stat must be AT LEAST ONE.

5. You CANNOT make a stat zero just to boost another stat. That's why those TEN POINTS I mentioned earlier are their. After missions, you'll be given more so no worries if one stat that you wish was higher isn't at the start.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Perezite

Rules concerning POWERS:

1. If you want resurrection as a power, you must chose between self-resurrection or resurrecting others.

2. NO REALITY MANIPULATION!

3. NO ADAPTIVE/EVOLUTIONARY type powers. For the same reason as reality manipulation.

4. You can have a maximum of FOUR POWERS.

5. NOTE: Attributes and powers are NOT the same. Super-speed, flight, super strength, and super durability are considered ATTRIBUTES and NOT powers, and everyone has some degree of those (though, depending on where you allocate attribute points, the more effective those four things and other attributes will be compared to other people).

Rules concerning WEAPONS:

1. You can have a MAXIMUM of TWO WEAPONS.

2. Dual-wielded weapons count as ONE WEAPON, so you can have another besides whatever you're dual-wielding, but you can only have ONE SET of dual wielded weapons.

3. How effective you are with weapons is determined by your FIGHTING ATTRIBUTE.

Rules Concerning CHARACTER SHEETS:

1. You will have to create two character sheets. A public one without a back story section, and private one for my eyes only WITH a back-story section. After all, thought it’s a good thing for the DM to know what your character’s deal is, if you’re a player character, it’s like going through the motions and is boring as all hell when interacting with said character if you know his or her deal already. A little mystery between players is good, after all.

Name:

Race (black, white, human, alien, etc):

Height:

Attributes:

Weapons:

Powers:

Power source(s):

Appearance:

Back-story:

2. NO! ABSOLUTELY NO POSTING OF YOUR CHARACTER'S BIO ON YOUR PROFILE.

Rules Concerning the CAMPAIGN AND STORY:

1. The Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse, and whatever reality the Demi-God squad lives in is a place where anything can happen. By this, I mean, that this RP is pretty much a blank canvas that all sorts of adventures and shenanigans that YOU want to happen CAN and WILL. NOTHING you can't imagine is off-limits here. You could be chatting it up with Cthulhu one moment and fighting Thanos, Darkseid, and Pee-Wee Herman the next if you guys want.

2. However, for this first mission, since it's designed to get ya'lls feet wet and get you acclimated (like a tutorial level in a video-game), you're pretty much going to be sent along a path that I, as the DM, have designed and you're pretty much going to spend most of the time reacting to what I throw at you until it's over.

3. However, once it is over, I give complete freedom to the group to decide on what they want to do and the tables will be turned against me. That is, as the DM, I'll be doing more reacting to what YOU as the players, throw at me!

4. However, I ask that each member sends me a DETAILED VERSION of their idea for a campaign setting/plot railroad along with a short, NO MORE THAN ONE-PAGE, brief description. The detailed version is for me as the DM so that I'm not taken surprised by what happens. The short description are for the other players and will be posted here by me to be voted upon by everybody.

5. Make the BRIEF DESCRIPTION doesn't give too much away to the other players but catches their attention and is interesting enough that they'd want to choose it.

6. You CAN'T vote for your own campaign setting/plot.

7. Majority rules, so, if you're upset that your idea wasn't chosen, please calm down and try again next time, since there WILL be a next time.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was well written and innovative/different. Might be to different from what everyone is use to, but then again maybe not lol

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Perezite

This was well written and innovative/different. Might be to different from what everyone is use to, but then again maybe not lol

Really? What did you like most about it and do you have any suggestions or what not?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

will tag along

@vrakmul

seems interesting dontcha think?

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: The attributes and character sheet. Kinda like an online game in terms of distributing points/attributes. My only suggestion would be to select yourself an avatar.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: The attributes and character sheet. Kinda like an online game in terms of distributing points/attributes. My only suggestion would be to select yourself an avatar.

Ah come on! I put a lot of work into that intro with Q! More like...a morning... :P

Anyways, I already do. Q IS my avatar, pretty much, since he's practically assigned to baby sit all of the demi-gods here and watches all of their fights without interfering a lot like Uatu does.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I mean avatar as in replacing the default blonde hair blue headband avatar

hahahaha I said it was well written and innovative. I only pass out my gold stars to people with avatars though :P

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nerx

@perezite: Q is only big fish in ST verse, quite regular on an all fiction scale but in context of rp sandbox I get what you mean

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastPyre

This looks pretty cool, I may just join in.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: so we are allowed powers outside of the listed god physics? Looks like that was what was implied but I want to make sure. I might just be willing to jump in on this if so

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: so we are allowed powers outside of the listed god physics? Looks like that was what was implied but I want to make sure. I might just be willing to jump in on this if so

Outside of the listed Attributes, yes.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However, only a maximum of four are allowed when you start off.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I might try this, have to make sure my alt can be made to fit the bill. Only one alt I would want to use but shes also not an alt I want to change any lol

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I might try this, have to make sure my alt can be made to fit the bill. Only one alt I would want to use but shes also not an alt I want to change any lol

Cool. What were here stats before?

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I will use Last Pyre for this, I like him just the way he is. No, I will make a new character.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

I don't think I will use Last Pyre for this, I like him just the way he is. No, I will make a new character.

Who is Last Pyre, by the way?

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 614azrael

@perezite: her abilities changed by form which she has 3 forms is the main thing.

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@lastpyre said:

Open his bio.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Perezite

@614azrael said:

@perezite: her abilities changed by form which she has 3 forms is the main thing.

Ah. I see. Well, I think you might be able to use her, provided you provided three different Attribute sets and Powers Sets.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_xlrate_ said:

@perezite said:

@lastpyre said:

Open his bio.

No, I meant, HIS CHARACTER.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_xlrate_ said:

@perezite said:

@lastpyre said:

Open his bio.

No, I meant, HIS CHARACTER.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I have an alt made for this purpose, will wait after post limit is off

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LastPyre

Last Pyre is the name of the demon who is my main character at the moment. Last Pyre is a fire demon from hell who has invaded the body of a teenage boy, he now shares it with him. This means that the boy becomes Last Pyre whenever he looks at real fire up close. Destruction and burning normally ensue.

Kristyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty solid a thoughty idea. But I gotta be honest, I skipped over it for the longest time, just because you had the blonde hair blue headband default av guy.

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Pariah_
Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Perezite

This is pretty solid a thoughty idea. But I gotta be honest, I skipped over it for the longest time, just because you had the blonde hair blue headband default av guy.

What about now? Does Phil Sheldon from Marvels change things?

Kristyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: Just about anything's better than the default.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: Last Pyre didn't bind his soul with the teenager, (known as Peter), himself. It was from the cursed gas mask which Peter wore in front of an open fire which bonded them together. Also Last Pyre is weak to ice and water attacks which any demi-god would have no trouble manipulating. And he can't take the fight to space because almost all of his abilities need oxygen to work, his burning gaze ability is the only exception. To add, he can only lift up to five tonnes which is weak compared to some mutants let alone a demi-god. Overall I would not be able to use him as a demi-god character and I would never change him because I want to leave him more beatable. I will simply make another character.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done a new bio for Last Pyre past. I can use this version of him in this thread.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

Done a new bio for Last Pyre past. I can use this version of him in this thread.

Cool! Send my the version of the character sheet that has his bio, but DON'T put his bio on the sheet for the thread the game is gonna take place in. By the way, I'm thinking of starting a new thread for the ACTUAL game. Would that be okay?

Xeroxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: This is the alt that I will be using

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeroxer said:

@perezite: This is the alt that I will be using

Where's the sheet? Also, do not post the version of the sheet with the background/bio section on here. Send me the version of the sheet with the bio, and only me.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'm in!

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in!

Great! Now, read the rules, post the PUBLIC character sheet here and send me the PRIVATE character sheet for my eyes only via PM.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Name: The Major

Race: White

Height: 6'6

Attributes: Honest, loyal, kind, vigilant, and courageous

Weapons: Fists

Powers: Super strength(30 ton range), can run at near light speed, ice vision, fire breath, invulnerability, immortality

Power source: Anti-matter energy

Appearance: Tall, muscular, brown hair, green eyes, white costume with yellow briefs and cape with an M-shield on the chest.

Back-story: No one knows where The Major came from. All that is known is that he is here. Forever.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: The Major

Race: White

Height: 6'6

Attributes: Honest, loyal, kind, vigilant, and courageous

Weapons: Fists

Powers: Super strength(30 ton range), can run at near light speed, ice vision, fire breath, invulnerability, immortality

Power source: Anti-matter energy

Appearance: Tall, muscular, brown hair, green eyes, white costume with yellow briefs and cape with an M-shield on the chest.

Back-story: No one knows where The Major came from. All that is known is that he is here. Forever.

Ummm...you read the rules...right? If not, check out the attributes and powers sections.

Xeroxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LastPyre

This will be the public character sheet.

Name: Last Pyre

Race: None

Height: can vary, but normally 6 - 7 ft

Weapons: None

Attributes: S: 2 SP: 2 A: 1 PD: 3 TD: 2 SD: 2 FS: 1 CA: 1 CD: 1 PP: 5

Powers: Total control and manipulation of fire. His fire does not obey the laws of physics.

Power source: The Devil. Supernatural.

Appearance: Looks like a man made out of constantly burning fire, the fire changes colour depending on his mood. He has no facial features other than a large grin. Appears to be of an average build in terms of muscle.

Background: All that is known to others is that he is Last Pyre and he is a demon under the command of Lucifer.

I think this should cover everything.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kratesis

Nice. Reminds me a lot of Roleplayers Guild in the setup.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MirrorWave4

Name: Dazbog

Race: Grandfather of all Russians

Height: 6"2

Weapons: Sledge Axe

Attributes: S: 1 SP: 2 A: 1 PD: 3 TD: 1 SD: 1 FS: 1 CA: 0 CD: 1 PP: 0

Powers: Super strength, strong enough to create the Caucuse mountains by earth busting. Can talk to wolves and transform into any animal

Power source: Parv, heaven of Slavic mytho.

Appearance: Tall, black haired, blue eyes, fair skin, wears red and white Slavic gowns.

Background: Youngest son of Perun (7 Demi-God Sons of Perun)

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Perezite

@xeroxer said:

@perezite: Its on the blog

Well, make a PUBLIC character sheet and put it on here.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: Dazbog

Race: Grandfather of all Russians

Height: 6"2

Weapons: Sledge Axe

Attributes: S: 1 SP: 2 A: 1 PD: 3 TD: 1 SD: 1 FS: 1 CA: 0 CD: 1 PP: 0

Powers: Super strength, strong enough to create the Caucuse mountains by earth busting. Can talk to wolves and transform into any animal

Power source: Parv, heaven of Slavic mytho.

Appearance: Tall, black haired, blue eyes, fair skin, wears red and white Slavic gowns.

Background: Youngest son of Perun (7 Demi-God Sons of Perun)

Cool. However, Super-strength, Super-Super Speed, Super Acceleration, and Super Durability are NOT powers, they're attributes. Those other two are considered powers through. Also...you and EVERYONE else are aware that you can't make attribute points zero (they all have to be AT LEAST ONE) and that you have, like TEN POINTS not already allocated to your beginning stats that you can allocate wherever, right?

Xeroxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: Is this another verse or somewhere in the nU?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Perezite

@xeroxer said:

Another verse, multiverse, and megaverse.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeroxer said:

So...I take this to mean that you're good?

Xeroxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can i use attributes as powers?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeroxer said:

Can i use attributes as powers?

If you want your attributes be powerful, you'll have to allocate the proper points to them. Each one starts off with ten spare points to add to their attributes in whatever manner they see fit.

Xeroxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers