Ruined (CVnU RP)

• 114 results
_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Working on a post. I'd say for something like this just post. No pecking order has been established and let's face it. I'm worse than Mercy when it comes to posting. Eventually you'll get a ground breaking read from her. Myself on the other hand......not really.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_ said:

Working on a post. I'd say for something like this just post. No pecking order has been established and let's face it. I'm worse than Mercy when it comes to posting. Eventually you'll get a ground breaking read from her. Myself on the other hand......not really.

Hey, woah. Bit of a stretch.

I think your biggest thing is being willing to commit in the first place. Mercy is more like "I'll post tonight guys!" and then you end up waiting like a week or two. You're more like "I might join, maybe possibly if I think about it and it seems like a good idea...maybe." and then don't. Except when you do!

Y'all got different things!

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: @leah_liafador: @mourningsparrow: @_drake: @general_kanos: @maieria: @_dirge_:@dreadpool10: @trinity-blue: @vvarrior: @mirror_mirror: @night_dragon:

To say that the Dublin Devil was in need of funds was a bit of an understatement. Still, Vincent was looking for work that was more or less honest. That being said, honest work really doesn't pay that much. But perhaps an archaeological dig would. People paid for ancient trinkets and lost relics of a long forgotten time. And if the dig didn't pay that much, then maybe the crew wouldn't notice a few trinkets missing. Just as long as their proprietor got their crowning jewel.

The adventurous aspect of this dig really didn't draw Vincent in. And he realized once he touched down that there was probably not going to be much of a paycheck. Still he pressed on. "It's honest work they said. It'll be fun they said." Vincent thought to himself as he tagged along with a group of other would be adventurers to the rendezvous point. Vincent reached the coordinates quite easily despite his apparent lack of eyesight. The group he followed were quite loud. Snapping tree branches and tripping over their own feet every couple of seconds. It made the the forest that enveloped them that much easier to map out. At least in his head. He now had some semblance of an idea where not to walk.

"There's not a company of mercs waiting in the jungle to cut ya down." The thought continually repeated itself over and over as Vincentrested with his back against a tree not far from the rendezvous. "God I could use a smoke. No, you can't smoke. A sniper would spot your cherry easy in this terrain. Not to mention the smell. What am I saying there is no sniper. We're just meeting in an open clearing late at night for some sort of archaeological dig/adventure of some sort." Vincent slowly started to bang his head against the tree as the cynic in him continued to run down possible scenarios in which this endeavor wouldn't end well. "That field is a death trap waiting to happen. Every merc, or assassin knows that. But your not a merc, or an assassin. Not anymore. Just push those dark thoughts out of your head and get your lanky ass down there already."

"Ah, fluff it." Vincent picked himself up and joined the others in the open terrain. Once there he awaited further instructions just like everyone else.

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By _Dirge_
Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_: yay someone posted :D

I mean you tagged everyone but me which is redundant probably seeing how I kinda feel like Nord an I are the only ones still interested but I won't give ya to much shit lol

Night_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_ said:

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: @leah_liafador: @mourningsparrow: @_drake: @general_kanos: @maieria: @_dirge_:@dreadpool10: @trinity-blue: @vvarrior: @mirror_mirror: @night_dragon: @apex_:

To say that the Dublin Devil was in need of funds was a bit of an understatement. Still, Vincent was looking for work that was more or less honest. That being said, honest work really doesn't pay that much. But perhaps an archaeological dig would. People paid for ancient trinkets and lost relics of a long forgotten time. And if the dig didn't pay that much, then maybe the crew wouldn't notice a few trinkets missing. Just as long as their proprietor got their crowning jewel.

The adventurous aspect of this dig really didn't draw Vincent in. And he realized once he touched down that there was probably not going to be much of a paycheck. Still he pressed on. "It's honest work they said. It'll be fun they said." Vincent thought to himself as he tagged along with a group of other would be adventurers to the rendezvous point. Vincent reached the coordinates quite easily despite his apparent lack of eyesight. The group he followed were quite loud. Snapping tree branches and tripping over their own feet every couple of seconds. It made the the forest that enveloped them that much easier to map out. At least in his head. He now had some semblance of an idea where not to walk.

"There's not a company of mercs waiting in the jungle to cut ya down." The thought continually repeated itself over and over as Vincentrested with his back against a tree not far from the rendezvous. "God I could use a smoke. No, you can't smoke. A sniper would spot your cherry easy in this terrain. Not to mention the smell. What am I saying there is no sniper. We're just meeting in an open clearing late at night for some sort of archaeological dig/adventure of some sort." Vincent slowly started to bang his head against the tree as the cynic in him continued to run down possible scenarios in which this endeavor wouldn't end well. "That field is a death trap waiting to happen. Every merc, or assassin knows that. But your not a merc, or an assassin. Not anymore. Just push those dark thoughts out of your head and get your lanky ass down there already."

"Ah, fluff it." Vincent picked himself up and joined the others in the open terrain. Once there he awaited further instructions just like everyone else.

The morning broke, as hot and humid as every other one in this steaming armpit of a jungle. Heat was one thing, but humidity put the MRF operative known as the Night Dragon in a foul mood. She didn't bother trying to keep the scowl from her face or the venom from her voice as she began the morning's briefing.

"Alright, so it's time to put the cards on the table. Beneath our feet, stretching on for who knows how many miles is a network of catacombs. Preliminary research suggests that it was a natural cave system that was expanded upon by whoever built these lovely ruins we've been camping in. Our objective lies within this network. It's supposedly some kind of golden skull, human or otherwise. Exactly what it does and why our employer wants it are on a need-to-know basis, but what you do need to know is that whoever stuck the damn thing down there surrounded it with a very clever batch of booby-traps, that have somehow managed to remain operational for however many centuries it's been since this dump got abandoned. Your task will be to get in, the skull, and get out. Oh, and I have it on good authority that you shouldn't touch the skull with your bare hands. Use gloves, and bag it. Unless there's any questions, then it's time to get dirty, ladies and gents."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Arquitenens

@arenaceus_: To say for my part, I was/am interested, and would've begun working on a post as soon as I wrapped up my other posts [okay so maybe not as soon as, but within a day], but I don't know if the others are still around let alone planning on using their characters they put in this [you know how alts go], and if they aren't, I'm not a big fan of outnumbering. [If they aren't.]

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: I think it's just Dirge and I v Nord and you if still wanting to (could side with Nord if wanted to make more even). Not really gona count on anyone else, of course I'm all for being proven wrong. Mostly though my thought is if you wanted to join just do so. CV needs activity and that only exists when people do things

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arenaceus_: Yes, possible, though with the character I have in mind it wouldn't really make sense for her to ally with MRF, especially against Apex at the present moment.

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: what I hear there is you know who to use and which side. Doesn't sound like there's any concern but odds. But he's got an army and activity means more so shhhhut up and post ^_^

_Dirge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arenaceus_: My bad. I just copied and pasted who ever you had in your opening post.

Avatar image for abelle_aurelius
Abelle_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dirge_: well ya fluffed up! Lol no worries I just got to give peeps a hard time it's what I do

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_dragon: @arquitenens: @_dirge_: My back to back vacations really fluffed up my activity. But I can post if we still want, I still like the idea. But momentum is important I know

Jungala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_: I'm cool with pressing onwards. I'm like a glacier when it comes to momentum: move slowly, but reshape continents in the process. ;)