Posthumanity - CVnU Concept

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Months ago the space time continuum nearly shattered when the cross contamination of realities lead to the destruction of some (i.e. Reality M) and the creation of new (CVxU).

In return for the hair line fracture etched into infinite realm of possibilities was the universe's answer to protecting itself from future errors in the time stream - posthumanity.

Unlike human kind's genetic variant, mutation, posthumanity would be a natural evolution to ensure human kind's survival in the event of possible breaches, disruptions, intrusions, or attacks on reality itself.

Post humans as they should be called, unlike their predecessors are born with one of six abilities and though each of these six abilities can be tapped into, none can be mastered in unison. As a result, the universe has ensured that post humans are born protected and inherently inclined to practice more than more than what they're born with, but they are meant to never near godhood.

Based on the following
Based on the following

The Mind - Those born with the gift of the mind are naturally academically and emotionally intelligent. Further practice in this ability allows these posthumans to communicate with technology through binary code, converse telepathically with other humans, access their thoughts and dreams, display and a myriad of psionic abilities.

Known Posthumans with the power of the mind - Brian Maddox Jr. (Legacy)

Reality - Those born with the gift over reality are inherently attention grabbing and extroverted. Further practice in this ability allows these posthumans to get whatever they want by simply saying it out loud. These posthumans can also travel across reality, visiting alternate worlds on a moments' notice. However, abuse of this gift (i.e. ending a life, resurrection, or altering the stream) can result in sudden death, mental breakdown, and a number of punishments to correct acts against the universe's will.

Known Posthumans with the power over reality - Clarice Michelle Pierce (Clara Mass)

The Power - Those born with the gift of power are predisposed to short tempers and high sense of self confidence. These posthumans' strength, speed, agility, and muscle mass to peak human standards. Yet, further development of this ability has proven these posthumans capable of duplicating any superhuman ability they come in contact with through physical contact. They can also absorb all forms of energy and redistribute it through physicality (enhancing their strength tenfold) or through energy projectiles that are manifested in however way the posthumans feels it should be. As a manner to prevent near omnipotence....copied or absorbed powers have time limits for how long they can be stored or used.

Known Posthumans with raw power - Troy Addams (Closure)

Space - Like reality, posthumans with the power of space have shown the abilities to travel across reality. Their naturally introverted by show signs of being meticulously controlling. Regardless, space users with enough practice can travel across their own known reality only, simultaneously existing in different parts of this universe with which they can incidentally reach omnipresence. These posthumans can also warp or rearrange space.

Time - Posthumans born with a tether to the time stream are usually wise beyond their years, old souls as some might say. They are genetically able to see another's past, present, and future through physical or verbal contact and in time eye contact. Eventually these posthumans can manipulate time by ageing and deaging themselves or others, trapping enemies in time loops/bubbles, and traveling through the time stream. To avoid abuse of this gift these posthumans with experience insomnia, mental breaks, or death for acts that might harm the universe.

Soul - Posthumans born with a connection to the magical realms are known to be empathetic, self-aware of their place in the universe, and at times experience deep sadness for their abilities to see past the veil of life. These posthumans know the truth behind the many faiths and the truths as well as lies the exist behind gods and goddess. Through their chosen paths, these posthumans tend to take tutelage under preferred pantheons/beliefs and learn forms of stealing, controlling, and manipulating the souls of those dead and alive. These posthumans can speak to the dead and visit the supposed realms of the dead and living. Unlike the other known powers of the universe, soul based posthumans have the much free will in the matter of choosing their paths (good or bad) so long as they follow their chosen faiths rules. Failure to adhere to certain rules of preferred realms will result in blindness to the world beyond the veil as well as your own and in some cases....abusive soul posthumans have been dragged to hell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Posthuman Bomb

A string of events has resulted in the creation of a new species meant to survive the plights of mutations, alien invasions, and rips in the space time continuum. Posthumans are born as such and cannot be altered beyond their own choosing.

Right now this is a raw concept, this character I have would technically be the first of his kind to be legitimately born as posthuman whereas my other alts were just placed to correct continuity errors. I look at this as the universes answer to the mess y'all have been up to as a community. So, this gives everyone a chance to add another dimension to their characters or give a power upgrade to a street leveler if y'all want to do that.

I don't necessarily believe this needs approval, but I just wanted to introduce to concept and see if anyone wanted to latch on. I've got a story in mind if people bite. If not I still wanted to post this!!!!!

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: I used the gems as a visual point to get an understanding of the powers being described.........

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@legacy_: Cool concept.

Below0gaming is using the gems already. Albeit as a Deus ex machina, but...

Doesnt really say anything about them being "thee" gems.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: He didn't read it.....*whistles*

ANYWAYS. Thanks. Thought I'd try something new around here. Although I think we've sorta become a little less reliant on the mutant narrative.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Legacy_

@quintus_knightfall: Go ahead! I definitely see potential in this with the right people

If you have any questions lemme know.

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
Damien_Bonaparte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool! (I don't have time to finish the whole read now so I'll just leave my support :P)

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this concept

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Legacy_

@dreadpool10: i'm hoping to go with a more grounded sci-fi esque aspect to this concept to really differentiate it from what's come before. I like the idea of different tribes of posthumans restructuring the futuristic culture the CVnU's created for its' citizens.

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niiice.

Amora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm intrigued

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Legacy_

@amora: @satar: ayeeee

many thanks :) it feels good creating here again

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many possible looks, so little rp time.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: I was high key hoping to do a The Force Awakens set of looks. I imagined you using the kylo ren get up....but the whole movie's secrecy disallows much pics :((

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:

@quintus_knightfall: I was high key hoping to do a The Force Awakens set of looks. I imagined you using the kylo ren get up....but the whole movie's secrecy disallows much pics :((

He's gonna be a badass character when its all said an done. He better survive to the sequel <_<

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall said:

@legacy_ said:

He's gonna be a badass character when its all said an done. He better survive to the sequel <_<

With the way their handling the sequel...i'm wondering if anyone they're introducing outside of Finn and possibly Rey will continue forward. Also, hopefully it breaks this cycle of killing off the baddies first movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-57914db828618
deactivated-57914db828618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_:

It's an interesting concept, but not one that is a proper fit for the framework of the CVxU. Fully understand the want to explain the WTF nature of alternate reality concepts on here (and that they have actual consequences) but I'm going with a clean slate approach and already have mechanisms in place that I'm porting over from older concepts to manage this.

I've pretty much edited myself out of the CVnU so not something I would take part in but good luck with it.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvxu_overseer: I don't intend to touch anything in your U....just a reference as to your U being a result of breaches and what have you, but thanks nonetheless

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57914db828618
deactivated-57914db828618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:

@cvxu_overseer: I don't intend to touch anything in your U....just a reference as to your U being a result of breaches and what have you, but thanks nonetheless

Only that is not your call to make.

There are going to be writers playing in both sandboxes (CVnU and CVxU) and I do not want them thinking that canon (if it becomes so in CVnU) applies to both. However you want to interpret or deal with alternate realities on your end is up to you, just do not specify the CVxU as an example to avoid confusion.

The framework I use to deal with alternate reality concepts does not mesh with the varying ones used in the CVnU and it is something to be explored down the road on my end.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Below0gaming is using the gems already. Albeit as a Deus ex machina, but...

And the Lantern Sects were using them before that. :P

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANYWAYS if anyone decides to use this concept go forth. If you have any questions or want to add onto it I'm just a pm away.

I'll most likely be searching some of y'all out for kicking something off during my free days.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How do I go about getting involved with this?

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nabhan_Alavi

@valken: I never caught this lol Umm hmu with what your interested in and i'll clarify anything tbh. (Message Legacy_ btw)

imo it's like being a mutant. Except your born within a tribe so to speak (one of the powers), but have the potential to be a jack of all trades (master of none) or the chance to master a single power in its' entirety.

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vitriol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got ideas for cruel experiments...

Nabhan_Alavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it took me like 15-20 mins to find this damn thread, but it was worth it!

Team_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on doing an RP where I get the Time and Power gem, I asked about this in PM's but no ones objected to it

So.......

dibs on those two

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@team_sigma: this concept doesn't involve gems

the image is simply representation of the five corners of the posthumanity concept...

Team_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: I know, I just want to mention that the gems I'm getting pretty much do the same (Give same power in a sense) thing as this concept.

:p

Also totally baited you into replying to me ^___^

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dominus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wrote this two years ago. wow, but i'm think i'm coming back to it.

Yggdmillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dominus_: lol I trolled you so hard 1 year and 8 months ago

XD

Dominus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers