Misconceptions of your character

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1951  Edited By Fukuro_Zoku

@armistice: Shocking, I know. Pyrogram was likewise surprised to hear she'd been bathing again.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

left him speechless, obvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: That time, was that on purpose?

Nope, it ate my post

I was asking if you broke out the alt for reason because I have not seen you use her in a while.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Twice in a row. Hm.

Conceptual possibilities, but nothing definite is in my mind right now. And on account of all the other many things I've got from everyone, it'd require quite a touch to keep all things satisfied.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Twice in a row. Hm.

Conceptual possibilities, but nothing definite is in my mind right now. And on account of all the other many things I've got from everyone, it'd require quite a touch to keep all things satisfied.

That is why I have my 3 alt max rule, too eas to get spread too thin with more than that.

Armistice and Stratagem are active and I would only use one other at the most before I feel like I'm cheating everyone with half-ass work.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958  Edited By Fukuro_Zoku

@armistice: I don't half-ass anything. But I've been in a sort of a high demand lately, and due to the time I do give to what I do, plus work and things I do outside of CV, it takes up a lot of time doing what I am doing, plus things I want to personally plan and do, and people start to feel passed over if they don't get their quality time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: I don't half-ass anything. But I've been in a sort of a high demand lately, and due to the time I do give to what I do, plus work and things I do outside of CV, it takes up a lot of time doing what I am doing, plus things I want to personally plan and do, and people start to feel passed over if they don't get their quality time.

I would rather do 3 things well than 10 things so-so, I agree 100%

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Does not patrol,live,or exclusive police, Gothic City
Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is a mercenary, not a ninja.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't sleep around ugh......misconception #1

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

BS

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@clara_mass said:

BS

Flirt a hundred times and suddenly I've got tramped stamped on my forehead xD

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1966  Edited By Clara Mass

@pyrogram said:

@clara_mass: You slept with Shinigami.

Case closed.

No I didn't. Did I? It wasn't memorable...so ehh.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1967  Edited By Pyrogram

@clara_mass: Gif's like that do not make this misconception about your character stand down.

:P

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@clara_mass: Gif's like that do not make this misconception about your character stand down.

:P

I know. It's just so embedded that I can't stop. I have a problem xD

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1969  Edited By Pyrogram
Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His first name is pronounced (Ja-bar-ee)

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1971  Edited By MasterMouse

NOT ACTUALLY MOUSE SIZED.

_Higgins_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1972  Edited By _Higgins_

Not human sized! Luca stands at about three foot seven.

Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_luca_: If you ever make snake based character, hit me up!

Zane_Horn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some believe Dave is a carbon copy of deadpool well he isnt. what he really is, is a carbon copy of Wolverine but hes insane and uses Katana's

Ian_Idyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1975  Edited By Ian_Idyll

I haven't been here long enough to have any misconceptions of my character...i think. What do people think of/about/or who my character is?

_Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My character is some sort of government boy. He's an soldier of OMEGA; he doesn't serve a country, he serves mankind.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1977  Edited By Myrmidon_

The biggest one. Myrmidon is not human. He is an alien. Not a human.

No idea how so many people confuse that one lol

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this little thread got bumped up again I thought I'd throw this one out there.

Amazing Angel = Not an Angel, He's just a normal undead guy resurrected and constantly preserved by heavenly divine energy that he currently channels, in his normal form he hasn't got wings and he can die. In theory he doesn't even have to retain humanoid shape, if he finds a way to preserve his consciences and essential become a living cloud of divine light... whoa that's pretty cool, I didn't even know he could do that.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1979  Edited By _Nobody_

Not a mercenary, but some sort of modern pirate.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1980  Edited By Trinity-Blue

She promised Lady Liberty that as long as Earth was in the Imperium's crosshairs it could count on her protection. In some ways she acts to impress the goddess and may be low-key seeking approval if not seeking to one-up her. In some ways, Trinity could be considered a "blue." But she is not a "hero." She kills and does not care. She does not help people out of any goodness in her heart. She is very much a selfish person, and if she saw someone being mugged on the street she probably wouldn't intervene unless he was being mugged by a Grizzlon or something like that. If a planet was in danger she probably wouldn't help unless it was in danger from the Imperium or she saw some benefit for herself. She still destroys things, both out of anger and out of pure negligence, and does not think twice about it unless those thoughts are satisfaction for how good she is at destroying. There exists within her the potential for good, but it is right now very tiny and runs contrary to her nature (only a few people she cares enough about to consciously let them influence her behavior). Think like a child's early development, the critical years.

She doesn't hate clothes. She just doesn't think much of them so if they get destroyed it's no big deal.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-The Rumblers are in the 900 area of members.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam is somehow a master strategist whereas Connor is an idiot.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't actually a Destroyer of Worlds. That'd be, and I quote, 'A d!ck move'.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAT IS NOT AN ADDICT

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1985  Edited By The_Shogun

Ivana might be friendly or diplomatic to an individual for a time but that does not change anything about how she is likely to react. She is volatile and prone to sudden and explosive rage. Even extremely minor provocations can lead to bursts of enraged profanity and violence. This is typical of child soldiers.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I love it when she flips out.

And I wanna hug her.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1987  Edited By SolarHawk

Time Siphon is female. In reality Time Siphon's gender changes so often it is most accurate to refer to Raeyn as "it", an inherently genderless being that wears gendered skin. Raeyn's sexuality is whatever is easiest at the time.

Luna Hawk is a white lantern, that's Solar Hawk.

Temporal Hound is a dog. He isn't.

Raeyn has set powers. It's powers vary wildly depending upon its Temporal reserve.

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leon and Stella being siblings. It only happened once, and I don't think it'll happen again, if I play my cards right, but it has happened before. (they're dating, non-related people for those who don't know)

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time Siphon is female. In reality Time Siphon's gender changes so often it is most accurate to refer to Raeyn as "it", an inherently genderless being that wears gendered skin. Raeyn's sexuality is whatever is easiest at the time.

Luna Hawk is a white lantern, that's Solar Hawk.

Temporal Hound is a dog. He isn't.

Raeyn has set powers. It's powers vary wildly depending upon its Temporal reserve.

Suuuuure he isn't. *throws a giant bone*

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perseus isn't actually intending to exterminate every single Knightfall. I retconned that part of his character.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1991  Edited By The_Shogun

Ivana's maximum strength is often vastly overestimated. She is not even a one tonner, though she is considerably stronger than a peak human. The power and speed of her strikes makes people think she has large levels of superstrength, I think, but she doesn't have massive levels of superstrength any more than Joe Louis or Mike Tyson did. Some people simply hit tremendously hard, far harder than their size and strength would suggest. (Such as Connor MacGreggor whose opponents simply wilt under his strikes to such a degree that they barely fight back)

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Satar is very durable, even by superhuman terms. However, his endurance is what is truly monstrous. Durability is the ability to withstand damage without sustaining any damage. Endurance however, is the ability to continue fighting while sustaining damage. In Satar's case, he is able to sustain a disturbing amount of wounds and injuries and still retain the ability to fight.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake's pretty much a master of Kendo, he just doesn't boast about it.

He's also rarely seen angry and never ever has shown signs of still possessing his Muramasa blade (which he does lol).

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these are battle related.

General

Maverick does not dislike superhumans. Particularly not when 65% of their army is composed of synthetic super soldiers.

Humans who are still at Maverick tend to be actually the most difficult to kill because they are the most skilled.

The army's size is 2 million strong, greater than that of the number of active U.S currently, (1.4 million) and a step below the People's Republic of China. (2.2 Million)

Their medical technology is rather advanced, to the point of limb replacement being nearly free and them being able to cure cancer. However, the technology is suppressed and not generally available to the public.

The company relies on other, civillian companies that they fund to affiliate with them. By funding smaller companies that they see potential in and using their past fundings to bail out supervillains to rapidly develop technology, they put their technology decades above "mainstream" technology.

However, Maverick is not advanced in every direction. While their small arms rival or sometimes surpass alien tech and are outright, different concepts of technology that aliens seem to use, they don't have things like FTL and space travel.

Characters have access to different levels of weaponry, with some characters not given authority to use weapons. Players and the like, who join Maverick, can't use such weapons without permission, though they can request it. So far, no players who are not mine, are given authority over orbital weapons or fissile nukes. Apex however has been given permission to use fission-less mini nukes and hafnium weaponry in extreme situations.

Their genetics is all manipulating natural genes, and not X-Genes/Metagenes. Making them more so limited by what biology and other technology in tandem can accomplish, such as having muscle quality and density comparable to that of cheetahs and gorillas, and sometimes, slightly above. With the addition of spider silk joints and non-organic implants such as nano-ceramic foam bones, they achieve more than what biology of natural genomes seems to accomplish.

They are not an American Organization, though they are founded by an American, they are an mutli-national/international organization. The "U.S" in Maverick Inc is more to denounce that specific location in denver colorado, which is the largest. In reality, they operate extensively in the continent they loosely originated from, being Africa. Particularly Uganda and Kenya.

There is a difference between a corporate HQ and a base. A corporate HQ is more somewhere where business takes place and that they can interface with the public. A base is somewhere with vast amounts of military. The actual military bases are located in obscure locations, and make the security of the corporate Headquarters look like child's play. This is in actuality where more top secret locations

Jackal

Maverick weapons tend to hit ridiculously hard. That's mostly how they fight upper tier superhumans. But they still use conventional weapons all their upper tier weaponry is horribly ineffecient and not very useful against normal forces as opposed to the metahumans they were designed to fight.

Jackal can be harmed by an anti tank munitions. He is around as durable as tank. In some ways, he is more durable. In other ways, he less durable. However. When one actually researches how difficult it is to actually damage a tank....

"Apaches are not heavily armoured and it takes just one rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) to bring one down. Compare that with one British Challenger near Basra which survived being hit by 70 RPGs."

And it takes one H.E.A.T round to down a tank. This generally means that Jackal will shrug off most anything below the level of energy such a round puts out. He can shrug off grenades and ordinary RPG rounds. However, conventional weapons and people much weaker than he is can knock him back.

However, knocking Jackal back or throwing him doesn't necessarily mean he is harmed. You also don't need to be as strong as he is to knock him back or fight him hand to hand.

Jackal dislikes mutants and metahumans in general but more so when given a reason to. He can befriend a metahuman and has done so with Apex. But he revels at the chance of waiting for another mutant attack to give another excuse to kill powered beings.

He is EMP immune and energy weapon resistant. Hacking him, requires direct physical connection on a shielded port located somewhere on his body.

He has no genitals, but he still has all 5 of his senses, and indeed, they are enhanced beyond that of a normal human.

Bradshaw

His dislike of metahumans is much less extreme ever since he joined S.T.R.I.K.E and particularly developed a sort of older-brother/mentor relationship with Vocal. Ironically, Bradshaw's tactical mindset and knowledge of how to destroy metahumans made him arguably the leader of the squad despite the fact that the director of S.T.R.I.K.E , Ruby, wanted to use Braveheart as the mission Leader.

He dislikes the concept of metahumans in that they are random people who are essentially born with weapon capable bodies. Potentially able to be WMDs and planet busters, with the entire focus of their actions hinging on if they develop correctly as a child. A mutant/metahuman is a wildcard, who's power can defy physics and give any person lucky or unlucky enough, the power of a god. He believes this random power is what makes the world so war torn and blames the general powered populace for this. While he does not believe humans are less violent, they are also generally less dangerous alone and able to be subdued easily. While a mutant born in a bad neighborhood who got bullied as a kid can level a city. Or become a nigh unstoppable serial killer.

He ultimately believes if the human race is wiped out, that then the world will be less of a utopia and more of a darwinistic xenophobic rule like that of the shogun, with the most powerful ruling the world rather than the person with the best actual leadership qualities.

In general, Bradshaw does engage in direct and indirect combat with metahumans. Most of them are indeed not NPCs or people I make up. Some try to throw a nuke at him, from roughly 100 feet away and he survived.

He can get overwhelmed by hoards though as he has durability but no superhuman strength. Such as in Hawaii, because he is mostly geared to dealing concentrated damage to singular opponents.

The inorganic titanium nanofullerenes in his armor can withstand 250 tons of force per square inch, the carbon nanotube weave can take above a thousand tons of force to rip apart. However, his armor is not an inch thick. He also has to rely on other materials, requiring newtonian like MR fluid to defuse the impacts. However, his armor can only diffuse so much G force. Bradshaw tends to get back up from approximately forces of 50 Gs, roughly that of a deadly car crash. The reactive can further dodge or be used to knock bradshaw back to evade impacts.

He was trained by M.A.R.S.O.C, making him good with both stealth and as a demo-man. However, despite being stealthy, he isn't spectacular at espionage or spy work. More the "unseen" type of stealth of going through jungles and military bases and at being unseen, rather than hiding in plain sight.

Stealth is one of his greatest weapons. It does not matter if his opponent is faster than light, they cannot hit what they cannot see or detect.

He dodges strikes that move faster than he does. He does this through prediction, which enables him to dodge strikes from people much faster than he is, enabling him to at one time dodge a sword swipe going towards him at mach 10. However, an enemy can easily adjust the aim of their strike and him being practically frozen, it means he can only dodge one attack.

The way he compensates for his enemies doing this is by concealing himself and then dodging, which can be as simple as throwing down a smoke bomb. This way, they can't adjust their direction to where he dodged because they don't know where he is. Other means include sparking flashes from his armor with a thought and throwing chaff. Otherwise, he will use misdirection.

Nemaz

He is good at both Spec Ops and Espionage. Which means he is as good at swinging from trees in the jungles, as he is at going to parties, business meetings, and the like to garner info.

He does interviews, a lot but still does extensive amounts of field work. This is actually the reason. Why he does interviews a lot.

He hits on women a lot, particularly when fighting but that doesn't mean he has any less intent to kill you. However, he doesn't look at every woman that way.

He does not dislike metahumans inherently, more he dislikes individuals.

He is not a normal human, and is an enhanced genetically engineered, biologically immortal super soldier. His bones are both stronger and lighter than steel and his joints are reinforced with spider silk. His strength is difficult to quantify as there are different means of lifting things. But it is also very disproportionate with his striking power. He seems to bench around 3 tons but strikes with much more than that.

He cannot lift a car over his head, but he can flip one with two fingers. While a normal person is mostly just going to knock someone off their feet with their blows, Nemaz can send people several feet away from a standing position and over 20 feet away with a running start. His strikes can crack concrete, crush bone, knock over metahumans with little concern to strength and more than of weight and the ability to anchor one's self. His strength can be described as, explosive.

Prometheus

If you haven't guessed, he does show signs of feeling emotions and is almost the groups comic relief. Whether or not he a philosophical zombie is another thing.

Another ambiguous thing is if he has soul. As far as the supernatural is concerned, he does not. He is also immune to telepathy and to the soul burning aspect of hellfire. As well as general supernatural phenomena concerning souls.

Weaker than Jackal, but faster actually. Both are superhumanly strong. More than any human or gene augmented individual. However, they require more power to function.

He cannot be disabled with EMPs. Or more so, the level EMP would be so intense that it is a directed energy weapon, meaning it could harm anything. He's actually more resistant to it than normal humans. However, his senses can be disabled with it.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General

Characters have access to different levels of weaponry, with some characters not given authority to use weapons. Players and the like, who join Maverick, can't use such weapons without permission, though they can request it. So far, no players who are not mine, are given authority over orbital weapons or fissile nukes. Apex however has been given permission to use fission-less mini nukes and hafnium weaponry in extreme situations.

Their genetics is all manipulating natural genes, and not X-Genes/Metagenes. Making them more so limited by what biology and other technology in tandem can accomplish, such as having muscle quality and density comparable to that of cheetahs and gorillas, and sometimes, slightly above. With the addition of spider silk joints and non-organic implants such as nano-ceramic foam bones, they achieve more than what biology of natural genomes seems to accomplish.

I love this.

I think I may be getting ideas...Not necessarily directly related, but talks of bio-stuff gave me ideas.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satar said:

Satar is very durable, even by superhuman terms. However, his endurance is what is truly monstrous. Durability is the ability to withstand damage without sustaining any damage. Endurance however, is the ability to continue fighting while sustaining damage. In Satar's case, he is able to sustain a disturbing amount of wounds and injuries and still retain the ability to fight.

I like that. Its a very appropriate trait for a 'boss' villain who drives conflict based action and storylines. Meshes the need for selling in an RPG universe with the need for a storyline to continue in situations where villains are often swarmed by heroes early.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: I love the level of detail.

Same to you :) I saw your post of Naval stuff.

Unrelated and not to directed towards you, reminds me actually to mention that Maverick has an airforce but in essence, they have no Navy. (Though they stole a submarine force from Orpheus.)

@maverick_6 said:

General

I love this.

I think I may be getting ideas...Not necessarily directly related, but talks of bio-stuff gave me ideas.

It has basis. There are speculative super soldier projects in real life I base maverick on. From many sources.

Not to mention other things like synthetic life forms if you want some more stuff to know what I go off :P

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Thanks hehe. I'm glad you liked that. It was a lot of fun to come up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: Thanks, its something that also allows Satar to carry injuries from past fights and whatnot to future fights and still remain in something similar to fighting condition. Like raiding Maverick and the first fight with Quintus, he never recovered from those injuries and its prevented him from using some of his powers in Gothic's Hours but with his endurance he can still fight, he just has to be more dexterous in his approach. Actually something I took from how you'd sell injuries etc. with Ivana.