Hero Dedication Ceremony

Morning_Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Morning_Dew

Looking up from her desk, she smiled at Nobody, Slight and Quantomman, whom all were standing at the door way. “They’re here” Nobody said, with a smile causing Maya to get up and look out the window. Below the Omega Justice floating HQ was, a gigantic crowd of people, they had came to honor past heroes and see the unveiling of the first ever Super Hero dedicated Museum, that was being housed but the Justice Mansion. “Well then I guess it’s time to go!” Maya said walking past all three of the guys booty bumping Avery out the way playfully.  As she was walking towards the outside she came back, with her hands up forward. “You guys should go mingle with the crowd, and sign some autograph’s I’m sure they’d like that!” Maya said turning back around and heading out to the deck of the OJ vessel.  As she did so she could feel the winds of change pushing against her face. “Let’s do this” as she flew over the edge she watched as the masses of people awaited her presence. Many of the people here were, in attendance for the carnival that Omega Justice was throwing; others were here for the unveiling of the museum; but what this day really meant for Maya was to honor those heroes whom came before her. As she landed behind the podium she smiled and pushed her hair beyond her face. “I want to thank you all for coming here today, some of you know me as Maya Lopez, to other’s I’m Solace; throughout the years heroes have proved to be true defenders of the justice, only recently did the heroes stumble with the faith of the people. “For years us in the hero community have defended you; and preserved the rights of the people; we’ve stumbled a few times but you’ve always been beside us; So I dedicate this team Omega Justice to you, the people; now there is never a reason for justice to not be served.” Turning to the  ceremonies speakers, she gave a smile and then pointed towards them. “I’m going to introduce the speakers of the occasion, we have Patrick Back, Longshot, Eclipse, Slight and Bloodstone”. the masses began to clap and cheer all the people she named had proven to be for JUSTICE and the people knew it. Maya knew nothing about Patrick Back, though the last time he was in Solace City, Sha through a fit, but she couldn’t see anything wrong with him.  Flying up high above the crowds back to the Omega Haven, she parked herself on the side and began to cry. She missed Andferne so much; he took her in and accepted her as his “daughter” and even though she never lived up to the standards people had set for her, he loved her more so because she tried. There were people running around in the world, whom were followers, of Paladin, Nighthunter and Renagade Lantern, that executed almost everything to perfection, but the fact that Maya’s mistakes caused her to strive for perfection, made her so much more different than that of the others. Many people claimed to be trained by someone, but in a sense never really knew them. Another reason she had fallen so hard for Light; he poessed all the traits she wanted, and he reminded her of him. As the speeches began she sat on the edge of the vessel bawling her eyes out, there was nothing words could say, that would show Maya’s love for Andferne. 

No Caption Provided

• A dedication to the Heroes of the past
  • A dedication to the teams of the PAST
  • A dedication of the OJ team to the people (Omega Justice Only)
  • A reflection on what heroes changed or impacted your character's life.
  • ONE POST ONLY! MAKE IT COUNT>
  • We only have one Villian Speaker and that's DK. 
Avatar image for judgemagistrate
JudgeMagistrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JudgeMagistrate

Though i know not these heros personally I salute that serve and have fallen in the name of justice. through there work and dedication the world has shown brighter then ever  

Many heroes fall during battle this fight for freedom often costs these men and women we send to foreign shores often it these lives that are lost but they will not be forgotten we honor those souls that slip away and know that they've become angels In heaven, on this day The memory of them lives on as we sleep we see their face the dreams seem so very real we often imagine their warm embrace God has given them free reign to whisper gently to the trees to glide effortlessly among the clouds and dry your tears with a breeze So as long as we are alive we will hold them in our hearts and as long as we can breathe our heroes will never be apart So as we bury you with honor we will grieve, then heal & pray and even though we'll miss you you we'll be reunited in heaven one day
Many heroes fall during battle this fight for freedom often costs these men and women we send to foreign shores often it these lives that are lost but they will not be forgotten we honor those souls that slip away and know that they've become angels In heaven, on this day The memory of them lives on as we sleep we see their face the dreams seem so very real we often imagine their warm embrace God has given them free reign to whisper gently to the trees to glide effortlessly among the clouds and dry your tears with a breeze So as long as we are alive we will hold them in our hearts and as long as we can breathe our heroes will never be apart So as we bury you with honor we will grieve, then heal & pray and even though we'll miss you you we'll be reunited in heaven one day

I pulled this from my archive hope you like. 

By Linda  Racaniello
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

Today, was a special day, because it was to be spent not saving the world, but honoring those, the heroes, the teams, the families built and made from years past, and from hence forth. It was no surprise that Slight wanted a chance to pay his respects to those that came before him, because he was so heavily influenced by them. People like Andferne, and Kurrent, his two personal heroes, one dead and one very much alive, would get a chance to be honored, given the accolades and the gratitude they deserved ten times over. There really weren't words in the human language that could express how most of the hero community felt about them. Yes, there were those who didn't like either of them for different reasons, but in the end there was no denying that if either of them were never present the world would be a drastically different place. And so, today Slight was ready, prepared to give a speech not only honoring everyone of them, too numerous to count, and  yet undeniably important. 

Mingling with the crowd, Avery stepped through the many civilians that showed up to enjoy the Carnival festivities. There was the intoxicating aroma of meat and carbohydrates in the air, Slight was resisting his own urges to splurge on a tray full of funnel cakes and Italian sausage and peppers; but he wanted to be presentable to the crowd and so he did resist. Listening to Solaces words, they resonated with him. She was as close to Andferne as anyone, and to here her speak, and not say a word might, to someone seem disrespectful. But, within the community of people touched by his kindness, his integrity and his will, it was a sign that truly no words could be spoken. And that was one of Slight's main worries. When he wrote his speech, he found himself rambling on about the times of yore when Andy was alive, and when he was with Veritas and Ice, and the times he fought Feral Nova, and all of the other encounters he had with other heroes and heroins. And yet, with all of the personality thrown into the piece, it still wasn't enough. As the time drew near for him to deliver his words to the world, the butterflies settled on the petals of the flower; and there was a delightful yet eerie feeling he got, like everything was being guided by a higher power. He tapped the microphone to check it's pitch and began. 

"Hello All, and Welcome to the Omega Haven, the newest Hero organization of the world. I hope that today, you truly enjoy yourselves and for a time be relieved from all of your worries. But while you enjoy yourselves, I ask that you take a moment to remember what today is truly about, remembering the heroes that came before us, those who paved the way for people like me and Solace, and so many others that work to protect the rights, and liberty of civilians. I'm talking about people like Andferne, and Angelic Reaper, people like Celestrion, Kurrent and Feral Nova. When I look out at some of your faces, I see the nostalgia. Some of you may have just now remembered some of those names, some of you might have never even heard of them, but I stand here today to tell you that they are people who were, and still are important to me, and the world. Even in death, sadly, what they stood for, protecting the unprotected, facing adversity with just minds and hearts, and sacrificing their own lives to save another, the principles they stood for the ones I stand for, are just as important then as they are now.  

When I was writing this speech, I tried my best to fit every encounter I had with each of them into it, but seeing as how you would have been here for the rest of the month, I decided against it. Even through, writing, and re-writing, an re- re-writing, condensing, and curtailing, I just couldn't get what I felt out on the paper, and so I came to the conclusion that there simply weren't words with enough meaning to them to express the feelings of so many of us, which is 'There is no way in this world or the next that we, the heroes of today can say that can express the depth of gratitude we owe to you. For Those who are still among us today, we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and to those of us, our sisters and brothers fallen in servitude, we say rest in peace. You deserve it'.  

I hope that today is a good day, and a day that will not be forgotten, and I hope that with my words someone feels that they have been given the dues they deserve. My name is Slight, and I thank you for your time"  

Without missing a beat, the next speaker stood up, and Slight left the podium, somehow feeling lighter and more dedicated to the words, and the works the business of heroics deemed necessary. 

DaggerKlutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DaggerKlutz

Patrick Back entered the stage to see a huge crowd of cheering people. He had a huge smile on his face as he waved to everyone. This would be a blast. 

Professionally, Patrick Back made his way to the podium and made his speech. 

"Hello ladies and gentlemen." Suddenly, everyone was quiet, anxiously waiting for what he would say. "I, Patrick Back, have had the honor of meeting some of the finest heroes. I've met Sha, Eclipse, Longshot, Charge-Up, and even Slight." Patrick looked at Slight for a quick moment, hoping the aquatic hero remembered his experiences against DaggerKlutz in the scheme of dimension hopping. Patrick Back looked right back at the audience, showing that he was not afraid of talking in front of them. "But there are some heroes I haven't had the privileged to meet yet, and some who I may never meet. But that doesn't mean that they will be excluded from my speech. Every hero, no matter how powerful or famous or successful, is worthy enough to have this speech dedicated. After all, it isn't the size of your biceps but the size of your heart." 

That line made the audience cheer until Patrick Back raised his hand a little to silently ask them to quiet down. Soon the whole place was quiet once more. Patrick Back took a deep breath. "Everyone is capable of being either a great hero or a fear villain. But what some may not know, our strengths are not what determines this but our feats and intentions. Every hero I am dedicating has displayed traits that we should admire. Bravery, and not to evil geniuses but to the fact that the public may not accept or appreciate their work. I have also seen a lot of dedication. Anyone can play hero on their own time but these champions-" Patrick dramatically waved his arms toward the large statues or heroes and to the actual heroes at the event. "- make the self sacrifice to drop what they are doing to protect people who shouldn't have to worry about if they are safe or not."

"We need heroes. Now more than ever. People have become selfish and mean. We need a role-model, a beacon of what we should all aim for, in a hero. But we do not need to save a kitten from a burning building to do something heroic. You can make a honest living, support people who need help, and aim to make your community a better place. So let's honor all these wonderful heroes by understanding the message they want us to get. Let's live with the opportunities they fought tooth and nail to give us."

After that, Patrick Back just nodded and left the podium to his seat. But the audience was loudly cheering. They loved his speech. DaggerKlutz grinned. That must have really mocked the heroes, having people listen to a villain while they were helpless to do anything. Had DaggerKlutz been alone, or at least a place with no civilians, then he would be sinisterly laughing. Instead, he just politely took his seat to enjoy the rest of this ceremony.   

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By -Eclipse-

For the first time in six years... Eclipse was taking the day off. Since the moment his parents were murdered on his 10th birthday, he had been fighting. The day he became an orphan was the day he became a hero. A full-time hero. He was home-schooled and, as the only family he had, his Mom and Uncle Rick, were dead, young Jason Dodd had nothing else to do with his time. But today was a special day, a day of remembering the heroes of the past. A.R.C.T.I.C, a robot created by Nighthunter and Eclipse, was covering for his master. Usually the robot, nicknamed Mark Seventeen, only provided intel to the Champions, but the android was a fully capable hero with the powers of the founding Ice Dragons. So with his burden being carried by someone else on this day, Eclipse was free to do as he pleased. He walked through the carnival in his full hero gear. As the young Crimson Crusader he had been a street-hero, known more as a feared legend than a great hero, but since stepping up to lead the Champions of Peace with an entirely new costume, Eclipse had become a far more recognised hero. Young children followed him, in awe, and most people he met tried to shake his hand or get his autograph. Jason complied with all the demands of the grateful public, before making his way to the podium to make his speech. 

He stepped up just after Patrick Back, secretly a villain and the Teen Wonder's arch-nemesis, DaggerKlutz. The Klutz didn't have quite the same view on evil as most supervillains, but the two had most definitely developed a rivalry with each other. With his back to the audience, Eclipse glared daggers at Dagger, before calming his face as he turned to the crowd, resting his hands on the edges of the podium. "Heroes." Eclipse started simply, pausing to look around at the faces of those in attendance. "Many people think this term only applies to those who have powers, or dress in colourful costumes with wacky codenames. But that isn't true. A hero is someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty, doing what is right and just when they have no requirement to do so. They put their lives on the line, not for profit or fame or glory, simply to preserve what is good in this world. By my definition, I myself am no hero. I was born with an incredible amount of power and responsibility on my shoulders. It is my duty to use this powers for good. And with my powers, it is much harder to kill me. Rarely do I put my life on the line. There are those who do, however. People far more worthy of the title 'hero' than I am." 

Raising a hand, Eclipse indicated the statue of Andferne, bowing his head in respect slightly. "Andferne. The standard by which many superheroes judge themselves. He lived the true life of a hero, always going beyond what was expected of him and constantly putting his life on the line. In the end, that line was cut, and our great hero fell. And while he died on the field of battle, Andferne is no failure. He was a symbol of not only this great country, but the world. The ultimate representation of a hero. There isn't a person on this Earth who doesn't know his name. And not only was he a great hero, but a great leader. He lead the Ice Dragons, a team who, inspired by their commander, became the greatest team of heroes on the planet. Nighthunter, my mentor and a long-time member of the Dragons, sacrificed his own life to end the Light Wars. He had no idea he would return to the realm of the living, but he sacrificed his life all the same." 

"Countless others have done just as much, superpowered or not, superhero or civilian, it would be impossible to name all of those who have given their life for what they believe is right. I, myself, use this day to remember two people who were very important to me. Through their teachings, I became the person you see standing here today. Not a hero, but someone who strives to be. From the day I was old enough to comprehend my destiny, I was told that I was fated to die saving the world. This is why I do not see myself as a hero, because it is my duty to give my life to preserve this world. I cannot go beyond that call, only meet it. I spend every waking hour of every day of my life trying to meet that call, striving to go beyond it, to no avail. Call me hero if you must, but I will not accept that title until the day I truly do my duty." 

"No. I am not a hero. And this is the Hero Dedication Ceremony. So do not waste your time thinking of me, thinking falsely that I am a great hero. Think of them, those who give their lives, who go beyond their duty. Heroes like Andferne, Nighthunter, Kurrent, LstPaladin, ReEnforcer, Paragon, Feral Nova... Slight... Think of those teams of heroes, Ice Dragons, We Are Legend, Veritas... Think of the newer generation of heroes, like CellPhoneGirl and War Killer." Lifting both hands off the podium, Eclipse stretched out his arms, indicating the world as a whole. "But don't think only of them. Use this day as I do, to remember your personal heroes. No matter who they are. Whether it was a fireman who saved you from a burning building, or a doctor who cured you of a terrible ailment, or even simply someone who inspired you to keep on living. Everyday heroes are real. The world is full of heroes, not just the people you see on the television, but people you see on the streets, in your homes... In the mirror. We all have the power to be heroes. It's all too easy to shirk responsibility and just assume that someone else will pick up the slack. Don't run from your responsibility! Surpass it! Be the hero you were born to be! Whoever you are, however old you are, you can be a hero! So let's not dedicate this day simply to the heroes of ages past, but to you people, to the heroes of the now and the heroes of the future! Andferne was not a God, he was a man. If you want to follow his example, do it! The only thing standing in your way is you!" 

Pausing for a moment, Eclipse looked up at the statue of Andy Summers, shield held high, wondering if the Sentinel of Heroism was watching... Hoping he would be proud. "Don't just remember heroes. Become one." Jason finished, as he abandoned the podium at last and took a seat.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By .Longshot.

The museum was a sight behold, exhibits of famous heroes throughout history. Longshot couldn't help but feel humbled by the true heroes this museum was dedicated to. People walked around, looking at everything there was to see and taking pictures. A few passers by would turn to Longshot and whisper amongst one another. One snapped a picture of him. He went into the main hall where many people were packed in tightly. There was a massive statue of Andgerne, perhaps the most legendary hero of all, towering in the center of the room. He had his shield raised high and a stern, yet hopeful look on his face. Solace introduced the speakers and Longshot nearly had a heart attack when he heard Patrick Back's name on the call list. Patrick stepped onto the stage to a thunderous applause and Longshot stared at him with utter disdain. No one in the crowd knew what he truly was and saw him as just a kind, generous philanthropist. He delivered a speech that would have been inspiring and truly moving if not it were coming from the lips of a narcissistic villain who was simply doing this to taunt every hero in the world.  

After Back, went Eclipse, whom Longshot had fought alongside before. His speech came from the heart with true honor and respect for the real heroes, and the archer could almost feel everyone's hearts lift as he spoke. He himself had no speech prepared and walked onto the stage, coasting on Eclipse's applause. "I stand here today in the shadow of a great man. Many great men. The world around us would not be what it is today if not for people who lived by a code of honor, bravery and selflessness... and died for it. These people, we owe everything. The measure of a hero is not what kind of power he has, it's how he uses it. Not every hero saves the world, some save lives, some feed the poor, and others just do what no one else is brave enough to do. My life is nothing heroic. I am a man leaving behind a history of horrible mistakes, mistakes I can never take back. All I can do is try to atone for my sins. These people have given up everything they hold dear, and who asked them to? Did they give their lives wondering if they would be remembered with monuments? No. They marched head on into the abyss with nothing but thoughts of the safety of others. It is not about power. It's about merit. You don't need super strength if you have strength of will. If you learn anything from the teachings these people left behind, then it is to give everything you have to help those who have nothing. You don't need to fly or bench press a mountain to make a difference in the world." Longshot paused for a moment, scanning the crowd, "It's a matter of public knowledge, the murder of young Kitty Genovese in 1964. Kitty was on her way back to her apartment when a man stabbed her, in broad daylight. Everyone heard her screams, many turned and saw her being attacked. Kitty ran inside only to have her attacker follow her and stab her again. This poor soul cried out for help and no one bothered to call the police. They watched as her attacker walked away. If someone's life hangs in the balance, all it takes to be a hero is to simply pick up a phone. Don't become another bystander, stand up!" he raised his voice, pounding his fist on the podium. "A man is judged by his actions. Some men avoid their responsibility and hide as they rot away, others do their duties and die. And then, there are the men who go further then anyone asked them, beyond the call and sacrifice their lives for what they believe. These are the men we remember. These are the people we honor here today."  

Longshot bowed his head, glancing over his shoulder at the statue of Andferne. "Goodbye, Andferne. In the end, the world didn't need a super man. It just needed a brave one." With that, he turned and saluted the statue, walking off the stage. He took the nearest exit, unsheathing an arrow and clipping on an attachment he had made for the occasion. Longshot put the bow to the string and aimed for the skies, firing. The arrow shot into the air, and suddenly erupted in balls of colorful fire, twirling with a myriad of magnificent greens, blues and reds. Everyone turned to see the fantastic spectacle and Longshot went back inside to watch the rest of the speeches.