Hall of Fame Class 5 Voting Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Hawk_

In this thread vote for 3 and only 3 DESERVING individuals to be inducted into the CV RPG Hall of Fame. When voting please give a reason as to why you are voting for said person (at least 2 or 3 sentences). Votes will only be counted if a serious reason is given.

Votes will be tallied on Sunday 10pm Jan 21st EST and the Hall of Fame member will be chosen then. Five Rpger's with the highest amount of Votes will be given to the Class 4 Hall of Fame members (With assistance from other HOF members) for analysis, then announce the inductees for the Class 5 Hall of Fame Induction. The normal voting rules will apply:

If people want to vote, they can. I'll add up all the votes,

• Anyone may vote. However, please only vote once.
  • Vote for THREE and only three individuals.
  • If you are voting for someone with multiple accounts, please refer to them as their main account.
  • If you want to add names / change names in your vote, please do so by editing your original post.
  • Please do not vote for someone if they are already in the RPG Hall of Fame.
  • Voting will be based off of their contribution to vine RPGing; not based off of popularity.
  • Each vote must have well-thought-out, valid reasoning explained (at least two-to-three sentences) along with it. "They're awesome" or "They're such a nice person" or anything else along those lines will not be counted as a valid reason.
  • Votes with no reason(s) explained will be discarded.

Exclude: Gambler, Andferne, Kurrent,Arrow, Sha, Feral Nova, The Hunter, Darkchild, Mighty Magneto, Fourpower, Autowoman, Precise, Nighthunter, Hawk, Babs, Mistress Redhead

Once again this is for the Hall Of Fame....not a monthly or even yearly award. Pick deserving RPGers.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By XRiskyX

Lets see...

Akira: Face it, the man's a freaking beast. He did not only establish the badass cyber mercenary on the Vine, he pretty much INVENTED it. He was on every team that was important on the Vine, lead a few himself and produced constant quality in his battles and rpgs. Not to forget despite his sometimes harsh manner he was mentor to several people, most importantly probably Tenjin and me. He was always true to his character by constantly changing sides and playing one side against the other. Many have subconsciously copied him but no one ever reached his level as he remained wild while other became tame.

Kaligar Roxom: Doesn't matter if on his Warsman or on his Kaligar Roxom account, this guy shaped the Vine in his own way. He established the Symaarian Empire which several people adopted into their own bios in some way (for example DH, Az or Kastiel) and don't forget World War Warsman in which people like Tank finally got to shine. You're speaking about the Vine, you're speaking about part of Warsman's/Kaligar Roxom's hard work.

Eclipse: This guy deserved it for his hard work. He tried hard to establish the Elementalists in Vine canon like SHA had once established the Ninjans but he was more successful at leading the Champions Of Peace. He lead the team through some hard times and held it together while constantly coming up with new and awesome rpg ideas even when the actual leader MR couldn't due to rl issues. Also he was an excellent writer himself with both his Eclipse and Hesperus accounts. His post in DH's wedding still counts among my most favourite.

Would have included DH as well but it's not quite her generation yet. Most def next time.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Hawk_

Risky I've continued to say that Risky is my favorite writer on the vine. She is consistently a top teir writer who can go from an emotional moment that will make you tear, to the next moment assassinate a world leader. Lady Luck has been the back bone of the Wolf Pack for a couple years now and provides a ladies touch to off set Hunter and my gruff. I've watched as she has become not only one of the Vine's best, but a legend of her own.

Dark Huntress Whisper has become on of the stand outs on the Vine. A consistent writer with a great imagination, she is a lover, fighter, assassin, to a leader of men without ever skipping a beat. I was lucky enough to have a little influence on her writing early on, but without a doubt I have nothing left to teach her. She is skilled and has become one of the top 5 active writers on the Vine. I was truely impressed with her when I asked her to take on the Whisper role. Not only did she write a great story, but she made that character come to life, more than I could ever imagine.

3rd vote to come.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Dark Huntress - One of the best current writters on the vine, and has been posting at that level for along time now. Totally deserved based on quality and quantity of work she has posted in her time here.

Eclipse- Excellent leader/writer and a dam fine individual to have on a team. Solid writing has inspired and and taught others how to improve and made people like myself who worked under him at COPs that little bit better.

Warsman- Beena round forever , been producing quality for that time. From solid solo works to excellant bit parts in small quantities he never lets you down when it comes to producing the goods.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Kiddevil

Eh I don't know many of the oldies mostly cause they are crazy (gambler) :P but heres my three votes

Risky: her writing is awesome always worth the read even when she doesn't think so. Every one of her characters are unique and different from the next in every way. As I've said before the girl's like a vine encyclopedia. I have yet to find something she doesn't know mostly cause she was apart of nearly every event in some shape or form.

Dark Huntress: A pretty popular choice for a hellava lotta reasons. Her posts are full of quality and quantity shes been in teams like the hell fire club, champions of peace, and as her alts wolf pack, tenn inn, there is probably not one major team she hasn't been in and wrote awesomely for. Now my last vote

Eclipse: Duh, this dude is awesome Writes like a boss he makes writing a bad ass 12 year old look easy (trust me it ain't) that race he created (name escapes me) was cool the prophecy thing was complex, with other stories and prophecys the villain is always the villain the hero is always the hero not with his story, no way its one of the things everyone loved bout the characters and the writing (Ask DH she'll fan girl over hespy) the dude had awesome ideas awesome writing I could go on all day. My final reason is he helped out tons of viners get started in the rpg world (including me).

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By shanana

My first vote is for acer.

When I think about somebody who is the work horse of a team it's acer. He first came in on the death valley warriors, he worked his ass off and rose to the ranks of that team. Hes gone toe to toe with people already in the hof producing some great matches. He once led the zero squad and mobb deep. People keep talking about everyone who makes an impact just through contribution to the vine, when ace has been doing that long before most people I've seen nominated. I'd put him on the level of Akira, tenjin, nevann, and gambler when it comes down to intricate rpg battle detail, not to mention he gives his all to the story, not really worrying about how it will make his character look.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XRiskyX

Posting to make room for Z's third vote. (The first two have been astonishingly perceptive. Didn't think of those but it makes total sense to give them the votes.)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shanana

My final is for lady tlieso

Another underrated viner one who I feel should e had a spot last time. Through spectacular structure she set her character up to have some sort of connection to all the major villains being dc and gambler. She took numerous people under her wing and ave them something to work with. Lt always gave people a home to go to not to mention her once prosperous team via vires. I can elaborate when I'm not in class

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Hawk_

Bump for the after workers.

Avalonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avalonia

O_O thanks people.

Will have my first vote up in a little bit.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kiddevil

@Avalonia:OH SO YOUR DH! I was confused who you were :P

Avalonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avalonia

Risky - She's one of those people who has been here for ages and that entire time she's been getting better and better. I know for a fact that she's contributed to a large amount of RPGs and she's quality above quantity. Every post from her is her absolute best - she's all killer, no filler. She has a diverse selection of characters from her main, the wily merc, to Honor Avenger, the Darwinian dictator.

She's helped to bring up a lot of the current RPGers, always eager to lend a helping hand or some tough love, whatever the situation may call for. She is always willing to sell, even if it doesn't always make perfect sense for her character. These days that's rare, considering that selling seems to be a lost art among the newer group of RPGers. This woman has become one of the backbones and foundations of the Vine, without most people even realizing it and that's mostly due to the fact that she's in this to make a good story, not for the attention, accolades or notoriety.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Risky- She is easily one of the best rpgers i've met on this site. The detail in her posts are absolutely flawless. On her Despair account she is my co-leader for the Future Champions squad, and without her on my side I would go crazy. Also the next rpg the squad will be doing was purely all her idea, which is brilliant. You'll all get to see it soon :] She is such a sweet person to talk to. Days like these it is kinda hard to find people as amazing as her. Also she has a talent for writing which is a major plus. Whenever she thinks of a character it is so well planned out. She is the best person i know that i could lead a squad with. Risky is one of the best people on this site that i know. Auntie you deserve to be remembered through out history as comicvine's greatest.

I will think of my other two :P

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ladydeath

I have thought about this for awhile and in my opinion:

Obi Wan Kenobi: He has done a lot to help newer viners while he was active and posted in numerous RP's as himself and ALT's. He went out of his way to help others. Also his writing skills are good. He has also been on more than one team bringing with him fresh ideas and stories to follow. Obi has been long time user of the Vine. Obi's attitude has been positive and upbeat, creating an interesting interaction with characters.

Warsman/Kaligar Roxom: Like others have said he incorporated a new realm upon the Vine. He is one of the old dogs who deserves his spot in the Hall of Fame. His battles and stories are always in epic proportion. Kaligar always seems to find a way to bring new ideas and creations to the drawing board to place into his RPing skills. He changes his character often due to his over flow of ideas.

My third vote most would probably think I am bias on this, but what ever....he deserves recognition anyway.

Eternal Chaos: He has trained new viners to join in the RP world. Although his temperament is always under question his writing skills have not. From battle RP's to Story he takes pride in what he writes. EC has been on the Vine awhile and contributed in several team RPs as well as story. He has helped me to be the RPer I am today. Anyone who knows him knows he is an open ear to talk to and will help in any way he can. Battle RP's have been his forte for awhile and he has grown in wisdom as time has past. His posts are indeed interesting to read.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ladydeath

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

My second vote goes to precise. One of the most humble people to ever grace the vine. Like acer he too is long overdue for a HOF spot. He won the KOV after a spectacular fight with Nova. He's gone toe to toe with the legends showing his longevity and dedication to the site. His writing is nearly flawless. He knows how to set and place you in a story. He led one of the most powerful teams at one point in the crimson rose.

Precise is already in the HoF.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shanana
@ladydeath: Oh man is he?
ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ladydeath

@Ziccarra_Liafador: I am sure he appreciates the sentiment though. ^_^

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shanana
@ladydeath: LOL well this just gives me a chance to free my last vote. OH BTW we need to do an rpg X_X
ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ladydeath

@Ziccarra_Liafador: LOL! Oh dear I am about to get pummeled! ^_~ (kidding!)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shanana
@ladydeath: Nah my Ace in the hole is dead. LOL I'm probably get pummled
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Whisper_

@ladydeath said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

My second vote goes to precise. One of the most humble people to ever grace the vine. Like acer he too is long overdue for a HOF spot. He won the KOV after a spectacular fight with Nova. He's gone toe to toe with the legends showing his longevity and dedication to the site. His writing is nearly flawless. He knows how to set and place you in a story. He led one of the most powerful teams at one point in the crimson rose.

He's not. He just said that he wanted to exclude himself from the voting during past voting sessions.

1st Class: Buckshot, Fourpower, Autowoman and Mighty Mags

2nd Class: Gambler, Andferne, Final Arrow, Kurrent

3rd Class: Sha, Feral Nova, The Hunter, Darkchild

4th Class: Mistress Redhead, Hawk, Nighthunter, Babs

Cassie Strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cassie Strong

All man I deleted it X_X

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ladydeath

@Ziccarra_Liafador: I will send a pm to discuss something.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ladydeath

@_Whisper_: Good to know!

Cassie Strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cassie Strong
@ladydeath: Send it here! and if you already made it...Add Cassie lol
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Hawk_

@_Whisper_ said:

@ladydeath said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

He's not. He just said that he wanted to exclude himself from the voting during past voting sessions.

1st Class: Buckshot, Fourpower, Autowoman and Mighty Mags

2nd Class: Gambler, Andferne, Final Arrow, Kurrent

3rd Class: Sha, Feral Nova, The Hunter, Darkchild

4th Class: Mistress Redhead, Hawk, Nighthunter, Babs

My fault I copies and pasted from Sha.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ladydeath

@_Hawk_: No problem.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

ugh... this is going to be hard >_< but I have a couple I know who I'm going to vote for :D Will have my votes soon...ish ^_^ lol

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Eclipse I didn't get the chance to RPG with him, but I've read most of his work since I came back to the site. He did an RPG with War Killer, Gambler and Talon and I added him to my reading list. And he didn't disappoint, his rivalry with Daggerklutz was funny and entertaining as hell. He pulled weight co-leading the COPs and keeping it alive when most of the team left or disappeared. And in the end his writing was good stuff: he really had a grasp on writing NPCs around his character, Hesperus is interesting and one of my favorite characters on the vine, every post he wrote dropped me in the setting and atmosphere and he represented for the heroes -- bringing his own to the table and making it work. If anybody should automatically be in the Class 5 HOF, it's Eclipse.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mattersuit

Eternal Chaos - I don't know if this is bias, but the dude is a legend. If I see an RPG or battle with him in, I can't sleep until I have read it. His writing literally blows my mind, and, in my opinion, he could be one of the best Viners around. Plus he has pulled out all the stops to help lead Ten In after Arrow and DC left. His posts in the Training RP just completely outshined mine.

Warsman/Kaliger Roxom - I was blessed to have him on the Militia, and he is pretty much synonymous with the Vine. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate in a lot of his RPs, but I wish I could have, especially WW Warsman. The Symaarian Empire feels like the most complete of the alien races on the Vine, and I truly enjoy even being on the same site as him.

Eclipse - I didn't ever RP with him that I can remember, but the guy has a reputation that is truly incredible. He, I understand, pulled out all the stops when he was co-leading COP, and, although he has seemingly disappeared, he deserves the recognition of being in the HoF possibly more than my other two votes. Also, I love his bio and what posts of his I did see were truly terrific.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Sojourn_

Risky

Warsman

Acer

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shanana
@Slight

Risky

Warsman

Acer

You have to give a reason slight
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XRiskyX
@Slight: SLIGHT!!! :D
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Sojourn_

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@Slight

Risky

Warsman

Acer

You have to give a reason slight

Damn

Risky: We all know she's been here since Vine 1.0 and has been consistently getting better with her characters

Warsman: I'm really shocked he's not in there already. He can change up his character from an Ork with slurred speech to a prolific orator in a moments notice. His character always seems to be in flux and yet it is one of the most solid

Acer: From shear duration and plethera of accounts, he gets my vote, and oh yeah he's a great writer as well.

@Risky: YASS

I make a grand appearance once in a while

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By XRiskyX
@Slight: I noticed but until now I haven't been lucky enough to catch you online. ;)
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By _Sojourn_

@Risky: Well, Sadly I'm gonna be off in a bit so, I'll just say it's nice to see you getting so many votes, because you deserve them..>XD

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XRiskyX
@Slight: Awww... Nice to have seen you as well. And thanks but I'm not in yet and you know me, I'm not that eager for recognition as long as I can have fun. ;)
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Aiden Cross

@_Whisper_ said:

@ladydeath said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

Yup, exactly. Which I still do. But i do appreciate the words nonetheless ^_^

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By acer1_
@Slight@Ziccarra_Liafador: Thanks for the votes:D
Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kiddevil

@Slight: Orc is spelled with a C :P

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By XRiskyX
@kiddevil: not in the Warhammer 40K universe. Generally you are right but he's referring to this:

No Caption Provided
Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kiddevil

@Risky: Never heard of war hammer sorry then. First time I had saw it spelled with a K.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By XRiskyX
@kiddevil: It's pretty... unique and serves to set the Warhammer universe apart from the general fantasy stuff due to copyright reasons so I don't blame you at all. lol
Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kiddevil

@Risky: Okay.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

o.o If I vote I'll have to think about it. Alot of people have gone unnoticed because favorites are chosen over what people have actually done for the RPG universe.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Warsman
@Risky said:

No Caption Provided

WAAAAAAAGH!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By shanana

I think everyone who has been nominated has received a proper nomination. Everyone up there I feel has made a huge contribution to the rpg universe. However the question is are the people being nominated deserving to go in before select others

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I never said they were undeserving I just mean there are MORE deserving people.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kurrent

Risky - Every RPG she is in is better because she is in it. Simple as that!

AkiraOverdrive - He was the originator of multiple offensive attacks and made it look good. Along with Morte they changed the battle game. Leadership, and impact on stories make him a top candidate for HOF. Some of the best people came under under his guidance and tons have emulated his style.

Still thinking on a third

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XRiskyX
@Kurrent: Morte as your third maybe? And thanks for the vote. :)